Suspect - Daniel Heinrich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DJH waived his right to a detention hearing (source: Paul Blume Fox 9 twitter feed). I searched Stearns Co. Jail inmate and couldn't pull DJH up - does anyone know where he is being held?

Did you try Wright County? Annandale and Buffalo where he worked and was arrested are both in Wright County.

Feb 1982-Nov 1991 -- Minnesota National Guard (Willmar), honorably discharged

1982 - Received his first DWI. He was 19 and working in Willmar at the Jennie-O Plant, but living in Paynesville.

1984 -- Arrested after he broke into two Paynesville businesses; needed cash to replace gambling losses.

1986 -- Second DWI, punched and kicked the arresting officer.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/10/29/a-look-at-danny-heinrichs-criminal-past/

I read this before, but now just noticed that DJH was arrested THREE times, but was honorably discharged from the National Guard 5 years after the third arrest. How is that possible? I also wonder what happened in November 1991. It seems odd that he didn't complete a full 10 years. Did he move then?

I read this before, but now just noticed that DJH was arrested THREE times, but was honorably discharged from the National Guard 5 years after the third arrest. How is that possible? I also wonder what happened in November 1991. It seems odd that he didn't complete a full 10 years. Did he move then?
All the charges were misdemeanors.

From Paul Blume:
"For those curious. Danny Heinrich waived his right to detention hearing. So Wetterling POI will remain in custody during his child *advertiser censored* case"

Any particular reason why he might *want* to remain in custody?

Where any of them a felony? The burglary maybe? Barring a felony you could still be honorably discharged then. I don't think DUI was even a gross misdemeanor at that point and still isn't a felony today.

As far as the guard service goes I believe the initial commitment is for four years. After that he could have re-upped for two or four years. He likely committed to four + any other combination of four and wasn't discharged until whatever point after that.

Highly unlikely unless you're referring to the online message board he was trading files on. In that case the feds are lucky he printed directly from his browser so the pic's messages and URLs were printed on the page as well. Hopefully that leads to some hereto unknown predators being discovered by them.

I dunno, just seems odd that someone would waive a right to have their own detention heard.

He'd have no ground to stand on in such a hearing because he's dead to rights on the child *advertiser censored* charges. Other than claiming the child *advertiser censored* was planted he'd have nothing to dispute being held. Maybe his lawyer told him as much? We'll find out much more in further proceedings.

Also he probably feels safer in federal protective custody than on the streets of Minnesota at this point.

The initial enlistment period for the national guard is 6 years. After that you can re-enlist for shorter periods of time.

The initial enlistment period for the national guard is 6 years. After that you can re-enlist for shorter periods of time.

That's probably correct. I just know it's lesser after that.

People will waive their right to a detention hearing when they know their bail won't be changed and they can't post it anyway. They will also waive if they don't want more facts to come out. Usually, it's the former.

Investigators are asking for help in acquiring more information about POI Dan Heinrich. Heinrich was a suspect Jacob's case from he beginning, and has been tied to Jared's assault in Cold Spring in January, 1989. He was also a suspect in the Paynesville assaults from 1986-1987. If you or anyone you know think you may know something, please contact investigators:

Email: sheriff@co.stearns.mn.us

Phone: 320-259-3700

Or call Tri-County Crimestoppers at 800-255-1301. Callers may remain anonymous.

Below is an excerpt from the book "It Can't Happen Here - The Search for Jacob Wetterling."

Interestingly, Duane Hart, who is a convicted sex offender himself, was indicated in published news articles as a suspect in all of these cases in 1990. But, history shows he was actually trying to help investigators in those cases:

"When Hart was shown several sketches of possible suspects in both cases, he identified a handful of men as possible, but suggested one man in particular (Dan Heinrich) that he thought matched the description in Jared's case in Cold Spring. Hart identified that particular individual because the man often wore military type clothing, drove a dark blue car, and had a hand held police scanner. Each of those items was consistent with descriptions from Jared’s account of his abduction and assault."

If prison time is pretty much inevitable you might want to stay in the local jail and start earning credit for time served.

I'm assuming Sherburne has facilities for high profile and/or high risk offenders. One of the state prisons is in Sherburne County (MCF-St Cloud), so they prosecute inmate crimes there. They also have a lot of extra space that they lease out.

He's listed there: There's no direct link, but you can type in his name in the search form.
http://208.38.88.221/inmatelocator/default.aspx

I'm assuming Sherburne has facilities for high profile and/or high risk offenders. One of the state prisons is in Sherburne County (MCF-St Cloud), so they prosecute inmate crimes there. They also have a lot of extra space that they lease out.

He's listed there: There's no direct link, but you can type in his name in the search form.
http://208.38.88.221/inmatelocator/default.aspx

It's saying there he's just 5' 5" tall, 2 inches shorter than DAH even. The profile of the Wetterling abductor is stated at 5' 8", so you could give or take 3 inches any way imo.

Since it is a Federal Charge he is being housed in Sherburne County Jail.

So do the Feds use Moose Lake and St.Peter too, or do they have their own perv motel at Sandstone?

The Feds use Sherburne County Jail for holding inmates waiting for court and have a few different prisons here in Minnesota. Sandstone is one. There is also one in Duluth and Waseca. Not sure if they use Moose Lake or St Peter since they are State run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member