Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it, I really do. But man!
You have the sketch, the *advertiser censored*, the Hockey Rink, Bins of clothes, the fishing pond, the other victims.
And those ( some proven some not, coincidence? ) are just for starters..
:gaah:
It's all just so frustrating/overwhelming to think about at times.
I can't even begin to imagine how the Wetterlings must feel:tears::

I get it, I really do. But man!
You have the sketch, the *advertiser censored*, the Hockey Rink, Bins of clothes, the fishing pond, the other victims.
And those ( some proven some not, coincidence? ) are just for starters..
:gaah:
It's all just so frustrating/overwhelming to think about at times.
I can't even begin to imagine how the Wetterlings must feel:tears::

Yea, that's why it is so frustrating. Your common sense tells you it was probably him, long before the DNA. But saying it is likely isn't the same thing as convicting, imo. I think that empathy you mention is what motivates us all, perhaps in different ways, but yes, this would be a nightmare for those left behind. There are many victims and unresolved felony abductions are ongoing crimes.

Yea, that's why it is so frustrating. Your common sense tells you it was probably him, long before the DNA. But saying it is likely isn't the same thing as convicting, imo. I think that empathy you mention is what motivates us all, perhaps in different ways, but yes, this would be a nightmare for those left behind. There are many victims and unresolved felony abductions are ongoing crimes.

True. Saying it's likely isn't the same thing as convicting. But as I see it, with the evidence laid out now as clearly as it was in 1990, this investigation should have been centered around one individual from the get-go. LE could have used all the tools of 'investigation' until they could proceed with indictment or move on, confident that this was not their guy. You can indict a ham sandwich. So far, IMO, there's no reason he couldn't have been a declared a POI back then. No reason his associates couldn't have been given reasons to come forward then. But I understand what you mean. And I cede the 'no one could have anticipated touch DNA' point, but LE was collecting clothing worn by sexual assault victims years before 1989 for DNA analysis. Beyond the obvious genetic material, this included skin cells and saliva. So surely LE kept the pants worn by the child victim of the sexual assault that night (and I'm not saying that glibly, I truly think they have them somewhere).

So while it's easy to second guess from 2015... frankly, it's getting easier by the minute.

I'm thrilled to announce author of the book "It Can't Happen Here: the Search for Jacob Wetterling" Robert M Dudley and bessie will be my guests tonight on True Crime Radio.

The topic will be Jacob's case and Daniel Heinrich.

Show starts at a few minutes past 9 PM tonight. Go to www.truecrimeradio.com. At a few minutes past 9 PM Eastern click on the "Listen Live" tab at the top of the page. That takes you to iHeartradio.com and the live show.

CHATROOM opens at 8:30 PM Eastern.

Please join us! That's tonight (and every Thursday) at a few minutes past 9 PM Eastern on TRUECRIMERADIO.COM

True. Saying it's likely isn't the same thing as convicting. But as I see it, with the evidence laid out now as clearly as it was in 1990, this investigation should have been centered around one individual from the get-go. LE could have used all the tools of 'investigation' until they could proceed with indictment or move on, confident that this was not their guy. You can indict a ham sandwich. So far, IMO, there's no reason he couldn't have been a declared a POI back then. No reason his associates couldn't have been given reasons to come forward then. But I understand what you mean. And I cede the 'no one could have anticipated touch DNA' point, but LE was collecting clothing worn by sexual assault victims years before 1989 for DNA analysis. Beyond the obvious genetic material, this included skin cells and saliva. So surely LE kept the pants worn by the child victim of the sexual assault that night (and I'm not saying that glibly, I truly think they have them somewhere).

So while it's easy to second guess from 2015... frankly, it's getting easier by the minute.

After my initial excitement that we may finally get some answers, I feel that we will not. LE had all the information that they needed back in 1990 and did nothing with it. Obvious clues, actual evidence and if they had found the Ford Exp they may have had even more evidence. Sorry, but I don't think this will bring any closure to the Wetterlings at all. If anything, it raises more questions about the initial investigation. If they had searched DR's property and home right away, he would have been cleared immediately. He may have even remembered the blue car while they were searching the property instead of the next day. They may have had the opportunity to broadcast the type of vehicle and get a lead on it. And most certainly in 1990, they had a direct connection with DJH to the scene of the crime on DR's driveway and still did nothing. In fact, they continued over the years to pursue DR and put the focus nowhere else.

I am no longer hopeful that we will ever find the whereabouts of Jacob Wetterling. The hope is fading pretty fast as this is their last chance in my opinion. But the initial investigation was screwed up royally. and I doubt that DJH will give up any info at all. I am sure there will be closure for Jared and some of the other Paynesville victims but I really don't see anything that will make DJH confess and show us where he put Jacob. Why would he? I think he gets a kick out of outsmarting the media since he was never initially caught for the Paynesville attacks. I mean he was probably thinking he was really clever. Then when the heat came on, he expanded to areas where he could hit and run rather than stay in the same spot like in Paynesville where he actually lived. Maybe he learned that you don't crap where you eat so to speak. So he is now busted for some Paynesville kids and Jared but what incentive would he have to admit he took and murdered Jacob? Sadly, I don't see any.

Still praying for the Wetterlings and hoping for a good outcome and I am really sorry that I had DR as the perp based on all the info that was released. Obviously, If I saw that the shoe prints and tire tracks matched DJH I would have pegged him as the guy.

How much time is he actually looking at with the child *advertiser censored* charges?

After my initial excitement that we may finally get some answers, I feel that we will not. LE had all the information that they needed back in 1990 and did nothing with it. Obvious clues, actual evidence and if they had found the Ford Exp they may have had even more evidence. Sorry, but I don't think this will bring any closure to the Wetterlings at all. If anything, it raises more questions about the initial investigation. If they had searched DR's property and home right away, he would have been cleared immediately. He may have even remembered the blue car while they were searching the property instead of the next day. They may have had the opportunity to broadcast the type of vehicle and get a lead on it. And most certainly in 1990, they had a direct connection to the scene of the crime on DR's driveway and still did nothing. In fact, they continued over the years to pursue DR and put the focus nowhere else.

I am no longer hopeful that we will ever find the whereabouts of Jacob Wetterling. The hope is fading pretty fast as this is their last chance in my opinion. But the initial investigation was screwed up royally. and I doubt that DJH will give up any info at all. I am sure there will be closure for Jared and some of the other Paynesville victims but I really don't see anything that will make DJH confess and show us where he put Jacob. Why would he? I think he gets a kick out of outsmarting the media since he was never initiallycaught for the Paynesville attacks. I mean he was probably thinking he was really clever. Then when the heat came on, he expanded to areas where he could hit and run rather than stay in the same spot like in Paynesville where he actually lived. Maybe he learned that you don't crap where you eat so to speak. So he is now busted for some Paynesville kids and Jared but what incentive would he have to admit he took and murdered Jacob? Sadly, I don't see any.

Still praying for the Wetterlings and hoping for a good outcome and I am really sorry that I had DR as the perp based on all the info that was released. Obviously, If I saw that the shoe prints and tire tracks matched DJH I would have pegged him as the guy.
How much time is he actually looking at with the child *advertiser censored* charges?

Are you kidding, he'll be locked away forever on those charges. Why not confess, he's not going anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lack of evidence doesn't equate to incompetence.

Yes to this. I find it hard to understand why LE didn't move forward on the DJH link, but I also find it hard to believe they were ALL incompetent... there were so many LE working on the case. That leaves, imo, either they were hoping that their lack of action would produce info about where Jacob was, or they were hoping to implicate accomplices. Is that too farfetched? I don't find it impossible to think DJH handed JW off to someone else. Seems there were plenty of creeps available in the area.

Are you kidding, he'll be locked away forever on those charges. Why not confess, he's not going anywhere.

I think that while he is a child molester and owner and distributor of child *advertiser censored*, he probably did not intend to kill Jacob and may feel bad about it. I just don't see any reason for him to not only be known as a child molester, kidnapper and lover of child *advertiser censored* that he would want to add murderer to his description. I hope he gets a conscience but look at all he has previously gotten away with. Why would he?

ETA-I think law enforcement should be held accountable for all molestations that happened after they interviewed DJH in 1990. They had evidence connecting him to Jacob's abduction and Jareds attack and did nothing to warn the general public.

The LE could be negotiating the prison that he is housed in and the type of protection he will get in prison... maybe they are telling him help us and you won't go to Leavenworth. In reality I think he is a coward.

IF DR in fact saw "Jacob" or possibly a female accomplice in the front seat of a blue car, turning around on his property the night of the abduction...did he see the driver???

Good morning to all you kind hearted people out there in this forum. I have been reading the case files and various posts and really think they have the man responsible for JEW's abduction. I was formerly USAF Security Police years ago and I couldn't help but think there may be some leads with DH's National Guard service. Did he divulge any information to his comrades, anything that may help this case at all? I hope they are looking at this angle.

Check out @JWilsonKSTP's Tweet: https://twitter.com/JWilsonKSTP/status/661966335413456897?s=09
I have not seen this particular link noted on this site. Someone else posted the other note she had on twitter and forgot this link. This made me practically ill and I apologize for the graphic content. I think it speaks volumes about this case so I decided to post it. Thanks.

This info is also in the search warrant papers.

I don't understand why DR would not have mentioned the small dark car to LE right away that night, especially if he saw a women or child in the passenger seat with their hands cupped over their eyes... maybe he did, but LE didn't want to disclose it that night in case the perp would hear and ditch the car. If that were the case though, you would think DR would have said so in one of his interviews. If the detail about the passenger came later from being hypnotized, it may not have seemed as significant to DR, but I would still think he would mention it to LE right away, at least that would be the first thing that would come to my mind when hearing that a child was abducted.

good morning to all you kind hearted people out there in this forum. I have been reading the case files and various posts and really think they have the man responsible for jew's abduction. I was formerly usaf security police years ago and i couldn't help but think there may be some leads with dh's national guard service. Did he divulge any information to his comrades, anything that may help this case at all? I hope they are looking at this angle.

welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive me if this topic has already been discussed, but what if Jacob DID jump out of the car? Seeing as the other attacks seemed to end with released victims, maybe Jacob jumped from the car and was injured in some way. Would DH simply drive on, leaving him injured, or would he get him back in the car to take him to the initial destination? Would injuries to Jacob change DH's plan of attack? Would he "experiment" more if Jacob was unconscious? Did this lead to a different outcome than the other attacks?

I use the word "experiment" because it is my assumption that DH had limited physical sexual activity outside his own violent molestation (as a 12 year old 7th grader, hence his obsession with this same age category.) The rest of his activity came from *advertiser censored* and his own voyeurism of local children. Some pedophiles are smooth talkers. They are nice and develop a friendship with their victims, tricking them into trustful relationships. DH either was socially inept at this technique, or the fear in the child of being stalked, captured, and forced upon was the goal. If Jacob lost consciousness, would DH then be in a situation he'd never experienced, causing a different outcome than the other attacks?

Just hypothesizing. I'd love to know where DH was in middle school. Did he play sports? Did he fit in at school? Did he do well in his studies, or was he in remedial classes? Did he have a coach, teacher, neighbor, or friend that sparked this deviant behavior?

(For some reason, when I look at the sketches and his mug shot, I get a "Sling Blade" type feel for his personality and mental status. Certainly not incompetent, but pretty much the dullest tool in the shed.)

The timing of Heinrich's arrest was interesting and it makes me wonder if they wanted to observe him thru the anniversary of the abduction....maybe wondering if he would visit the place he knew where Jacob was etc..

I don't understand why DR would not have mentioned the small dark car to LE right away that night, especially if he saw a women or child in the passenger seat with their hands cupped over their eyes... maybe he did, but LE didn't want to disclose it that night in case the perp would hear and ditch the car. If that were the case though, you would think DR would have said so in one of his interviews. If the detail about the passenger came later from being hypnotized, it may not have seemed as significant to DR, but I would still think he would mention it to LE right away, at least that would be the first thing that would come to my mind when hearing that a child was abducted.

My understanding is that he did mention the dark car early on (the next day?), but didn't "know" about the woman/child in the passenger seat until remembering it under hypnosis later on.

My understanding is that he did mention the dark car early on (the next day?), but didn't "know" about the woman/child in the passenger seat until remembering it under hypnosis later on.

That's what my understanding was as well, but why he wouldn't have mentioned it until the next day is what doesn't make sense.

IF DR in fact saw "Jacob" or possibly a female accomplice in the front seat of a blue car, turning around on his property the night of the abduction...did he see the driver???

And why did he feel so strongly that the gold car in the afternoon was the same guy? Maybe there was something similar about them? Hair? A silhouette? I've never understood the whole car in the afternoon thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nutphinx