Suspect Drew Peterson #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess since he will be talking on the Today Show tomorrow, by this time tomorrow we will have more "According to Drew Quotes"

TomsGirl posted this article on the media links thread today.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,333090,00.html

JOLIET, Ill. — A judge in Illinois has ordered investigators to return to Drew Peterson all items seized from his home — including firearms — within 30 days as the former police officer prepared for another appearance on the "Today" show.

I can't believe he is getting these things back, I would have thought they would have held them until trial. But there was no mention of the two vehicles. I 'd be interested to know if he got those back as well.
DD, in this video Brodsky mentions the vehicles, so guess he'll be getting everything back!
http://www.chicagotribune.com/video/

With DrewP getting his weapons back, what affect will that have on the investigation?

LE is also trying to get his gun license pulled. Brodsky is saying that DrewP holds both federal and state licenses. Somehow I don't think that whether or not DrewP holds a license or not will affect him much if he decides to carry a weapon.

They haven't mentioned him getting his computer back, but I am assuming he will. It might be time for us to do a "letter to DrewP"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-drew-peterson-hearing-webfeb28,0,2670105.story

Knowing that he has his guns back, any would-be witness or abettor would be even more afraid to turn over anything they know to LE.

JMO

It will be interesting to see what he does with everything when he gets it back. What is he going to keep, what will he destroy...what's he going to do with the computers?
He's got to be wondering just what the cops have learned from going over all of it with a fine toothed comb.

Susan

Interesting. If it's illegal for him to own guns now, then how can they legally give them back to him? They're breaking the law, aren't they?
Well, now he won't be getting them back due to that fact, but he may be able to give them away since they are his property, say to his son Steve, or sell them.

The way I understand the latest media is that DrewP gets his things back- but not until the next hearing. The judge wants DrewP in court to hear that the conditions. If the items are given back to DrewP, then he has to stipulate that if/when there is a trial photos of the items are acceptable as evidence.
Which gives LE a little more time.

The prosecution must have just heard back from the state police about the revocation of DrewP's weapon ownership card, because during the hearing the pros. said they had applied for it- he didn't say it had been revoked.

The way I understand the latest media is that DrewP gets his things back- but not until the next hearing. The judge wants DrewP in court to hear that the conditions. If the items are given back to DrewP, then he has to stipulate that if/when there is a trial photos of the items are acceptable as evidence.
Which gives LE a little more time.

The prosecution must have just heard back from the state police about the revocation of DrewP's weapon ownership card, because during the hearing the pros. said they had applied for it- he didn't say it had been revoked.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see mysteriew how it all comes out.

DP is now in New York and wonder if this ruling will be mentioned tomorrow morning on the "Today Show"?

Well, now he won't be getting them back due to that fact, but he may be able to give them away since they are his property, say to his son Steve, or sell them.

Good point. And of course if he gives them away or sells them, they are likely to end up back in his own hands.

Good point. And of course if he gives them away or sells them, they are likely to end up back in his own hands.
Oh yeah, I agree. For all we know those may not have been all of the firearms he has, we only know that's what was in the house during the Search Warrant.

Just announced on Greta that Drew's FIOD card has been revoked so he won't be getting the weapons back. She also mentioned early in the show that LE was at his house this am to notify him that Kathy's two boys need to be available for the grand jury tomorrow. hope I got that right ;)

Now his big lying sack of chit attorney will go around saying, see there's nothing.

Per the link posted by Tom's Girl, JAB is already doing that. He is saying that he thinks it is a sign that the investigation is stalled and the case may not be everything that everyone thinks it is. But he can say whatever he wants to say. He knows as well as everyone else that getting to an arrest in a case as complicated as this, is a process... not something that LE can just get up and do. JAB keeps saying there isn't any evidence. The truth is that only LE knows what evidence they have. We know about the evidence that has been released. But LE always keeps most of the evidence close. And in this case, there have been few leaks.

I believe that LE has the evidence. They called Stacy's disappearance a homicide very quickly- and they won't usually do that unless they have some proof besides family saying she wouldn't leave. They also called DrewP a suspect very early. Again something they don't do based on family suspicion, but on evidence they find. They are taking this through the GJ which will make the process longer, and may be an indication that the evidence will be circumstantial. But I don't believe they don't have evidence- they don't go to the GJ unless they have evidence.

Just announced on Greta that Drew's FIOD card has been revoked so he won't be getting the weapons back. She also mentioned early in the show that LE was at his house this am to notify him that Kathy's two boys need to be available for the grand jury tomorrow. hope I got that right ;)

Tonight, let's pray. Pray that those kids feel comfortable enough to talk and be truthful about what they may have seen, heard or thought during the period before their Mother died and before Stacy "went on vacation." Pray that they learn and believe that what they say during the GJ is confidential and that no one will know. Pray they will understand that no one is wanting to take their father away from them, but only trying to understand what happened to Stacy and to their Mother.

Is there any way that JAB or DrewP can fight the kids going to the GJ?

Thanks chico, I got the AP about his FIOD (below) but didn't know about the boys appearing tomorrow..WOW!
CHICAGO (AP) — Authorities must return two vehicles, computers and several other items seized in the investigation of a former suburban Chicago police officer suspected in the disappearance of his wife, a judge ruled Wednesday.​

But police will not return nearly a dozen guns taken from Drew Peterson's Bolingbrook home after the Illinois State Police revoked his firearms owners identification card at the request of prosecutors, officials said.

I don't think so. Greta mentioned something about Drew trying to get lawyers for the boys, to protect their interests. I'm sure if need be the court would appoint them council but I don't think that's a requirement for a grand jury. Wasn't one of the boys already in front of the grand jury??

I don't think so. Greta mentioned something about Drew trying to get lawyers for the boys, to protect their interests. I'm sure if need be the court would appoint them council but I don't think that's a requirement for a grand jury. Wasn't one of the boys already in front of the grand jury??
IIRC it was the youngest teen Kris, I may be wrong on that chico

Oh, oh oh!!! I just thought about the timing! DrewP was supposed to leave for New York this evening wasn't he? Going to take in dinner and a show??? And he will be in taping in the AM. So there is about 12 hours that he would be away. LOL, I hope he goes. I don't really care what he says on TV, I just hope he does it! Hopefully the kids time in the GJ is in the morning. Excellent timing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish