TX Suzanne Clark Simpson missing in San Antonio, last seen by friends at dinner

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Behind a paywall. Does anyone have access who could summarize it?

View attachment 536891
Yep. I think he was a narcissist who had trouble getting along with people, creating conflicts around him all his life. It got worse as he got older. Add to that, financial troubles.

And he took it out on his wife, imo.

That's my working theory and nothing has ruled it out yet.

I think if she were alive, she would not allow her mother and children to wonder and worry. Of course, I hang on to hope that she is found alive.

jmo

Hard to believe we are even having this discussion. Anyone remember the case from Flagstaff earlier this summer, her name is escaping me at the moment. A neighbor saw her husband on top of her in the backyard assaulting her, never called LE - but later told them what they saw and heard.

Matter of fact, this case is very similar to the one I mentioned :(
Just caught up on this tragic, all-too-common story. Like everyone I wish the neighbor had called in but I wanted to offer a perspective, especially now that we know that BS had a dispute with his former employers, punched Suzanne in front of their minor child. At my last home, there was a neighbor behind us who would stand on his back porch and RAGE over the phone at his girlfriend/ex, bill collectors, etc. If he saw us in our backyard he would scream "what are you looking at." We were extremely frightened of him and even more so because he seemed to sense when we were there. The way that BS's neighbor was so clearly concerned, waiting up, going out with a flashlight, noting BS's movements. Not excusing this in any way but maybe the neighbor hesitated to put himself into BS's focus because he was frightened himself - BS sounds long-term unhinged. Maybe this fight wasn't totally unusual (BS's daughter is convinced her dad hurt her mom - and she doesn't live in the home). I'm sure the neighbor will have a long way to go to forgive himself and I do want to acknowledge that without the neighbor's information LE would be much further behind.

Last edited:
Just caught up on this tragic, all-too-common story. Like everyone I wish the neighbor had called in but I wanted to offer a perspective, especially now that we know that he had a dispute with his former employers, punched Suzanne in front of their minor child. At my last home, there was a neighbor behind us who would stand on his back porch and RAGE over the phone at his girlfriend/ex, bill collectors, etc. If he saw us in our backyard he would scream "what are you looking at." We were extremely frightened of him and even more so because he seemed to sense when we were there. The way the BS's neighbor was so clearly concerned, waiting up, going out with a flashlight, noting BS's movements. Not excusing this in any way but maybe the neighbor hesitated to put himself into BS's focus because he was frightened himself - BS sounds long-term unhinged. Maybe this fight wasn't totally unusual (BS's daughter is convinced her dad hurt her mom - and she doesn't live in the home). I'm sure the neighbor will have a long way to go to forgive himself and I do want to acknowledge that without the neighbor's information LE would be much further behind.
It's awful to be the neighbor who hears domestic fighting.
jmo

Some more details about the search and possible places
Evidence in the case to find missing San Antonio mother of four, Suzanne Clark Simpson, has stalled. Now, local law enforcement is looking to other Simpson family properties, of which there’s an extensive list considering, husband Brad Simpson, and his family have an overwhelming real estate portfolio from San Antonio and well into the Texas Hill Country.

Just caught up on this tragic, all-too-common story. Like everyone I wish the neighbor had called in but I wanted to offer a perspective, especially now that we know that he had a dispute with his former employers, punched Suzanne in front of their minor child. At my last home, there was a neighbor behind us who would stand on his back porch and RAGE over the phone at his girlfriend/ex, bill collectors, etc. If he saw us in our backyard he would scream "what are you looking at." We were extremely frightened of him and even more so because he seemed to sense when we were there. The way the BS's neighbor was so clearly concerned, waiting up, going out with a flashlight, noting BS's movements. Not excusing this in any way but maybe the neighbor hesitated to put himself into BS's focus because he was frightened himself - BS sounds long-term unhinged. Maybe this fight wasn't totally unusual (BS's daughter is convinced her dad hurt her mom - and she doesn't live in the home). I'm sure the neighbor will have a long way to go to forgive himself and I do want to acknowledge that without the neighbor's information LE would be much further behind.

I agree.

Also, unfortunately,
people usually loathe to get involved,
especially in others' domestic disputes/fights.

Sometimes,
it happens that arguing pairs reconcile and blame a neighbour for calling Police.

Also,
people are wary to become witnesses and being involved in all legal procedures, being dragged to Courts, etc.

Some only decide to act when they see kids or vulnerable people being hurt.
In other instances, they turn "blind & deaf".

In modern apartment buildings, neighbours don't even know one another.
They only exchange "Hello" in passing.

That is reality.
Sigh.

JMO

Last edited:
OCT 11, 2024
"It's very possible that somebody saw her since Sunday or early Monday morning and said 'man, I saw her in those clothes. She didn't look, you know, very good.'," Villegas said. "Y'all need to help us out with that. That's always a possibility."

As day four of the search comes to an end, police are trying every avenue to find the 51-year-old.

So far, they've searched the family home and Brad's pickup truck but, there's nothing solid yet to confirm her condition.

"We'd love for her to be alive," Villegas said. "There's nothing concrete that says she's not alive. Again, I owe it to the family. We all owe it to the family to speak of her in a way where other people have been found.. Our expectations are, of course, that we get her back alive."

IMO, being in the neighbor's shoes, is a tough call either way. In hindsight, we all wish they would have called.
I really don’t see how it’s a tough call. A screaming woman that you can see is involved in a physical altercation. You call 911 and let them handle it.

This neighbor was so concerned that he actually went out to investigate, which means he knew this was likely something serious.

I could see not calling 911 if all he heard was a scream or something, but this was much more than that.

I think we’ve all had situations where we’ve asked ourselves “should I call 911?” For me, and I think most people, this easily passes the burden with which we would debate doing so.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back