Sweden - Gay Marriage Now Legal In.....

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
‪#‎BREAKING‬ Kim Davis found in contempt; taken into custody by U.S. Marshals.

I am THRILLED to hear this news!! She makes us all look bad here in Kentucky.

"In a federal courthouse in Ashland, Kentucky, attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union are set to argue that the Rowan County clerk should be fined.

Davis, the attorneys argued in a motion filed Monday, 'continues to collect compensation from the Commonwealth for duties she fails to perform.'

They say they don’t want her to be jailed as punishment, but they’re asking U.S. District Judge David Bunning to find Davis in contempt of court and 'impose financial penalties sufficiently serious and increasingly onerous' to make her comply."

http://ktla.com/2015/09/03/kentucky...-refusal-to-issue-same-sex-marriage-licenses/

The thing is, people are likely to step forward and pay for her fines. She is going to be a martyr to this cause and her supporters are going to rally around her. A fine will not get rid of her, but maybe it's the first serious step that needs to be taken.

I am THRILLED to hear this news!! She makes us all look bad here in Kentucky.

She doesn't make anyone in Kentucky look bad but herself. Many of her supporters are from elsewhere anyhow. Kentucky is a great state!!

"In a federal courthouse in Ashland, Kentucky, attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union are set to argue that the Rowan County clerk should be fined.

Davis, the attorneys argued in a motion filed Monday, 'continues to collect compensation from the Commonwealth for duties she fails to perform.'

They say they don’t want her to be jailed as punishment, but they’re asking U.S. District Judge David Bunning to find Davis in contempt of court and 'impose financial penalties sufficiently serious and increasingly onerous' to make her comply."

http://ktla.com/2015/09/03/kentucky...-refusal-to-issue-same-sex-marriage-licenses/

The thing is, people are likely to step forward and pay for her fines. She is going to be a martyr to this cause and her supporters are going to rally around her. A fine will not get rid of her, but maybe it's the first serious step that needs to be taken.

The judge in her contempt case felt fines would not be enough to force her to follow the law. So he jailed her.

Sep 3 2015, 1:30 pm ET

Kim Davis, Kentucky Clerk, Held in Contempt and Ordered to Jail

by Erik Ortiz

A federal judge has ordered a Kentucky clerk to jail after she refused to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

Kim Davis, a clerk in Rowan County, was found in contempt of court on Thursday morning. She has said granting marriage licenses to gay and lesbian couples would "violate God's definition of marriage" and infringe on her personal beliefs as an Apostolic Christian...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-held-contempt-court-n421126

Sep 3 2015, 1:30 pm ET

Kim Davis, Kentucky Clerk, Held in Contempt and Ordered to Jail

by Erik Ortiz

A federal judge has ordered a Kentucky clerk to jail after she refused to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

Kim Davis, a clerk in Rowan County, was found in contempt of court on Thursday morning. She has said granting marriage licenses to gay and lesbian couples would "violate God's definition of marriage" and infringe on her personal beliefs as an Apostolic Christian...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-held-contempt-court-n421126

From your link: "District Court Judge David Bunning has said Davis is bound by an oath of office to perform her duties under the law, and ordered that she be jailed until she complied with his order to grant licenses."

Hmm. I wonder how long they will let her sit there for. I can't see her caving in. Maybe she will resign though.

Hilarious:

"On the other side of the sidewalk, Boone McQueary said he supported Davis and opposed same-sex marriage.

'It’s the lifestyle we hate,” he said, 'and they try to push it on us.'"

What lifestyle are "they" trying to push? Marriage?? ;)

Its the gay lobby! :D

(OK, some back story)

I play music as a hobby. Occasionally I do fill-in work with a band I've been friends with for years, the lead singer is openly gay and occasionally works bits of comedy in to his performance. They called me to join them at....a non-profit bar whom I'll keep anonymous. Band plays the first set. We're reasonably well received. We wind down for a break and some fellow mumbles some derogatory "gay" comment to the singer on the way out the door. Singer looks around and sees the people in the closest tables to the stage were a little taken aback by the comments. So the singer grabs the mic, does an exaggerated shake of his head and in a stage whisper he says "Its...The Gays. Its always The Gays".

Not to be outdone, the drummer jumped over to the door of the hallway leading in to the bar and shouts "And this....this is the gay lobby!"
Singer looks over, shakes his head and says. "No no no! That's a STRAIGHT lobby. The GAY lobbies are so much better decorated!" :happydance::loveyou:

From your link: "District Court Judge David Bunning has said Davis is bound by an oath of office to perform her duties under the law, and ordered that she be jailed until she complied with his order to grant licenses."

Hmm. I wonder how long they will let her sit there for. I can't see her caving in. Maybe she will resign though.

She was elected in November. How long is her term?

BBM - That would be the best thing. I'm sure there are people who would jump at the chance to make the kind of money she does ($80K per year) and would gladly perform all duties required of their position to earn that salary, which is provided by taxpayers.

An opinion piece from a few days ago:

Law firms regularly use sexy cases to increase their own profiles, and it’s perfectly fine to bandy about your client to further a constitutional cause. (Gay rights litigators do it all the time.) But Staver is taking things too far. The first sign of trouble arose early in the case: When a federal judge ordered Davis to issue licenses or be held in contempt of court, the Liberty Counsel advised her to disobey the ruling. Good lawyers don’t usually tell their clients to defy lawful court orders, especially when jail time is a real possibility. Yet the Liberty Counsel didn’t mind putting their client at risk—perhaps because the idea of a middle-aged woman being hauled off to jail for purportedly following her conscience would send thousands of anti-gay Americans reaching for their pitchforks (and checkbooks).
http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/...berty_counsel_anti_gay_group_is_bad_news.html

From your link (BBM): Yet the Liberty Counsel didn’t mind putting their client at risk—perhaps because the idea of a middle-aged woman being hauled off to jail for purportedly following her conscience would send thousands of anti-gay Americans reaching for their pitchforks (and checkbooks).

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/u-s-county-clerk-kim-davis-jailed-for-contempt-over-same-sex-marriage-licences-1.3214735

Davis, an Apostolic Christian whose critics mock her for being on her fourth marriage, stopped issuing licences to all couples after the Supreme Court ruling, and the courts have consistently ruled against her since then. But many supporters have rallied around her, including Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, who called her personally the day before. "People are calling the office all the time asking to send money," she testified. "I myself have not solicited any money."

From your link (BBM): Yet the Liberty Counsel didn’t mind putting their client at risk—perhaps because the idea of a middle-aged woman being hauled off to jail for purportedly following her conscience would send thousands of anti-gay Americans reaching for their pitchforks (and checkbooks).

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/u-s-county-clerk-kim-davis-jailed-for-contempt-over-same-sex-marriage-licences-1.3214735

Davis, an Apostolic Christian whose critics mock her for being on her fourth marriage, stopped issuing licences to all couples after the Supreme Court ruling, and the courts have consistently ruled against her since then. But many supporters have rallied around her, including Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, who called her personally the day before. "People are calling the office all the time asking to send money," she testified. "I myself have not solicited any money."

So how is it biblical to refuse to issue marriage licences to anybody? Wouldn't that be encouraging more people to live in sin? You think the heterosexual couples who otherwise would be married are going to keep pure indefinitely while they wait for the clerk to start allowing marriages in their county again?

I bet they would just love to have a more presentable martyr though. Kim Davis is a shrew. She is mean and unpleasant to the gay people who come in there. She has an angry scowl and ugly demeanor. I bet they would much rather have a sweet old lady or an attractive woman of any age or at least someone who acts kindly while still insisting that she can't break "God's law".

But instead, her face and mannerisms and speech betray the angry hate in her heart. Not a great martyr for "the cause".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23
Back