Sweden - Gay Marriage Now Legal In.....

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They do say "the first" is always special. But don't women agree it's also almost always lousy?

I don't know whether my hurt feelings are soothed or not. :confused:

Very fair point, but I think that refers to the physical act! When you fall in love with someone mentally and spiritually, it always rocks socks, so your position is fairly and magnificently held!

Very fair point, but I think that refers to the physical act! When you fall in love with someone mentally and spiritually, it always rocks socks, so your position is fairly and magnificently held!

There you go again, thinking like a chick! You know we dudes don't make those distinctions.

But for the sake of time, let's consider my male ego sufficiently repaired.

:blowkiss:

Nova, SCM

I love you guys. :blowkiss:

Well it looks like I missed this whole conversation yesterday. But I just wanted to say that this is, by far, the most calm, least attacking, most open conversation I have ever seen here on WS about this subject. I hope it can stay that way! Imagine that. Adults having an adult conversation! You all rock!

On another note, I think this was already posted but I just wanted to say my WOO HOO, too! New York State Assembly votes in FAVOR of marriage for same-sex couples! Assembly vote was 89-52. Legislation moves to State Senate. :woo hoo:

This was my first chance to get back to the computer, but I wanted to thank everyone for their comments, you have given me much food for thought. I think for many Americans, we need to get past what we were taught as children about what is and is not "immoral", and realize that we are just all humans doing the best we can. I truly think that is why so many Republicans have the viewpoint that they have, because they not only stand on their soapbox, but on their bibles as well. We all have labels; I am a woman, a heterosexual, a blond (some would say dumb):crazy:, a mom, a Christian, a friend, a pain in the rear:waitasec:, but I am at my most basic level a human being (or bean as my son says)---I just need to remember to be respectful of others "labels" and realize that at their basic level, they are also human beings. Thank you for reminding me that...

This was my first chance to get back to the computer, but I wanted to thank everyone for their comments, you have given me much food for thought. I think for many Americans, we need to get past what we were taught as children about what is and is not "immoral", and realize that we are just all humans doing the best we can. I truly think that is why so many Republicans have the viewpoint that they have, because they not only stand on their soapbox, but on their bibles as well. We all have labels; I am a woman, a heterosexual, a blond (some would say dumb):crazy:, a mom, a Christian, a friend, a pain in the rear:waitasec:, but I am at my most basic level a human being (or bean as my son says)---I just need to remember to be respectful of others "labels" and realize that at their basic level, they are also human beings. Thank you for reminding me that...

So you're a blonde? That explains everything!

(TOTALLY kidding. I am also a blond, or I was before most of my hair turned gray.)

Obviously, this subject affects me and my family rather much. And just as obviously, I argue it passionately.

But I never thought it was a personal issue between you and me. I hope I didn't give you that impression.

Even though I've been arguing that DPs (domestic partnerships) are inadequate, I do think they can be an important step along the way to full marriage equality.

In the first place, they provide at least some of the rights of marriage in the meantime. Moreover, I think they get people in a jurisdiction to at least think in terms of gay partnerships; after doing so for awhile, a lot of reasonable people begin to question why gay people should have "separate" rights and a different civil marriage system.

Hopefully we will be able to add California back to the list again soon. We will know on Tuesday! Nation-wide celebrations or protests to follow the decision (www.dayofdecision.com)

California high court to rule on Proposition 8 on Tuesday

The California Supreme Court announced Friday it will render its ruling on the constitutionality of Proposition 8 on Tuesday, leaving the long holiday weekend for many to speculate about the future of the same-sex marriage battle and the legality of 18,000 unions made last year.

http://www.mercurynews.com/centralcoast/ci_12435051

Hopefully we will be able to add California back to the list again soon. We will know on Tuesday! Nation-wide celebrations or protests to follow the decision (www.dayofdecision.com)

California high court to rule on Proposition 8 on Tuesday

The California Supreme Court announced Friday it will render its ruling on the constitutionality of Proposition 8 on Tuesday, leaving the long holiday weekend for many to speculate about the future of the same-sex marriage battle and the legality of 18,000 unions made last year.

http://www.mercurynews.com/centralcoast/ci_12435051

I'm eagerly anticipating this one too! Like you said, it would be nice to rewelcome California into the fold!

OMG! I didn't know about that. Sending vibes to Nova and Mr. Nova and California.....

(from COLORADO and Texas...I now have a new home!) :dance:

OMG! I didn't know about that. Sending vibes to Nova and Mr. Nova and California.....

(from COLORADO and Texas...I now have a new home!) :dance:

Good for you, Martha! I love Colorado and have lots of relatives there. Do say "Hi!" for me.

And thank you for the vibes. I hope the Cali supremes do the right thing, but their task here was to rule on the way we amend our constitution, NOT gay marriage itself (which they already approved).

I shall rely on the words of my beloved stepdaughter after Prop 8 passed in November: "No matter what the courts or voters say, we're all family."

Good for you, Martha! I love Colorado and have lots of relatives there. Do say "Hi!" for me.

And thank you for the vibes. I hope the Cali supremes do the right thing, but their task here was to rule on the way we amend our constitution, NOT gay marriage itself (which they already approved).

I shall rely on the words of my beloved stepdaughter after Prop 8 passed in November: "No matter what the courts or voters say, we're all family."

I see. You've got me curious; I'll have to read about your Constitution

It sounds like you have a great family; your stepdaughter reminds me of my sensible, caring and loyal daughter

I find that my children are much smarter than I am, at this point. :)

I read about it:

"All three cases claim the measure abridges the civil rights of a vulnerable minority group. They argue that voters alone did not have the authority to enact such a significant Constitutional change."

"They will consider the effect, if any, a ruling upholding the amendment would have on an estimated 18,000 same sex marriages that were sanctioned in California before Election Day."

Personally, on this basis, I would expect an overruling of the Amendment. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back