Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HI JWG!!

Were these chemicals found anywhere else besides the Crystal Light bottle? Caylee's clothes? items at remains site? the trunk carpet? the trunk liner? etc.?

I notice alot of insectides listed and wondered if Casey may have thought of getting rid of the maggots and flies in her trunk.

I think that, yes, if the Crystal Light bottle somehow represents KC's attempt to detail the trunk, I would expect to find pesticides in it used to kill the flies and maggots. :sick:

This is probably horrible to say, but here goes anyway.

The problem I see with this scenario is that there are so many easier ways to kill a two year old child. KC seems like the type to take the easiest and most convenient route (like smothering, just as an example).

My sentiments exactly!!!

Really, think about it. Why would you give up your bug findings (big wow) and this? It kinda has a counter effect, right? We all know that the Feds will hold on to stuff (because they can) for awhile...the question here is why give up this?

:waitasec:

1. Inside joke goldmine from causing NG to bark apoplectically up a wrong tree yet again... :woohoo:

2. Psychologically pressure the suspect to 'fess up. Either this stuff is unrelated and the narcissist would not want to be incorrectly remembered as the sicko who injected her baby with household cleaners, or it is related somehow and the walls continue to close in on KC. She and her defense team know as well as we do that this is not the end of doc dumps. :detective:

JMO. Amazing thread fellow WS'ers. I am in awe of your mad skills! :bow:

Just my opinion, but I don't think GA or CA would ever allow meth production in their home, and I haven't heard any evidence that KC or any of her friends were involved with meth. Further, the chemicals involved smell, and KC would not be able to get away with hiding them in her room, IMO.

I don't think meth has any role in this killing.

Just sniffin' down every trail, USARDOG, every trail. Who knows what the person who left these items near the body (if that indeed is the case) wants the public, press, and police to think they were used for?

Well, this could be interesting.

From the Body Farm analysis of the air samples from the trunk:

Out of 24 compounds detected in the Florida trunk sample which did not overlap with known or possible gasoline constituents....dimethyl disulfide.

Dimethyl disulfide
appears very early in human decomposition (<100 ADDs)
appears in both aerobic and anaerobic decomposition

...Even with the trunk liner removed, sulfur containing compounds such as...chloroform and dimethyl disulfide were still detectable in trace amounts. The trunk was the only location where all these types of compounds were detected.

From table on last page...

Dimethyldisulfide - One of top chemicals in database (database is human decompositional odor database)

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20320944/detail.html

WTH...I can't even come up with a plausible explanation for the connection.

O_O

Prior to testing, the FBI analyst noted that the contents of the Crystal Light bottle smelled of urine (page 11512). Because it might have been urine, the question was asked of SA Savage 1) from where did the contents originate and 2) did they wish to have it tested for DNA and toxicology.

When I first read the communication log I thought that meant the substance was not tested. However, it was tested - chemically analyzed - and determined not to be urine. Therefore, DNA testing was never ordered.

Why did the FBI analyst note that the substance smelled like urine? Because two chemicals found in the substance produce odors that can be mistaken for urine:

Trimethylamine - the source of the "ammonia" smell.
Dimethyl disulfide - the source of the underlying "sulfur" / "rotten egg" smell.

But rest assured, there was no urine in that sample.
So was there "urine" on Caylee's doll...or did it only smell like urine?

Just sniffin' down every trail, USARDOG, every trail. Who knows what the person who left these items near the body (if that indeed is the case) wants the public, press, and police to think they were used for?
...except the trash bag in the trunk is the source for the Crystal Light...and, though some may disagree, connects back to Casey. There is something to LE collecting the A's pesticides. We haven't seen whether that product matches somehow, correct?

So it's an element of decomp and it was in the Crystal Light container? Color me confused.

If KC was using the contents of the crystal lite bottle as a homemade cleaning/bug killing brew, she would have poured the contents onto a rag, wiped up trunk carpet and then maybe put the rag (with wiped-on decomp) over the crystal lite bottle to pour on more homemade cleaning brew without spilling it. Maybe some decomp got mixed in with KC's homemade cleaning/bug killing brew in the process? Maybe KC gave her homemade brew a shake or two with her decomp covered cleaning rag over the bottle opening? :waitasec:

Suppose if you will, the killer did not understand that Chloroform could kill, but only used it to render Caylee unconscious Then, administered a solution of cleaners and pesticides as the fatal dose.

Why not just give her benadryl or cough medicine or OD'ing Caylee on her own antibiotic? Or 1 single dose of the ever present Benzo's associated with players in this case? Or stab her or run her over with the car? Or drown her in the tub or pool.. or a million other less complicated methods of death? It just makes no sense to me, a person like Casey using this as a method of death.

My post isn't directed AT you, it's just my outrage of her thought process if she is indeed the person who killed her daughter with anything like this kind of method. The killing is bad enough but to do it in this manner is just so ODD! I mean, why not just smother her or choke her or...

If KC was using the contents of the crystal lite bottle as a homemade cleaning/bug killing brew, she would have poured the contents onto a rag, wiped up trunk carpet and then put the rag over the crystal lite bottle to pour on more cleaner without spilling. Maybe some decomp got mixed in with KC's homemade cleaning/bug killing brew during the process?:waitasec:

Serious...this makes sense. I was thinking "did she squeeze her rag out into this bottle", but then I went and found the pictures of the trash and it's a small mouthed bottle, so I gave up on that idea.

Your idea makes sense though.

Serious...this makes sense. I was thinking "did she squeeze her rag out into this bottle", but then I went and found the pictures of the trash and it's a small mouthed bottle, so I gave up on that idea.

While this is possible, dimethyldisulfide is not exclusive to decomposition. It could well be part of another chemical compound

ITA It sounds like cross contamination.:waitasec:

While this is possible, dimethyldisulfide is not exclusive to decomposition. It could well be part of another chemical compound

From what I read it could be a pesticide/fumigant. Probably linked to those sprayers LE took from the A"s house!

Well, this could be interesting.

From the Body Farm analysis of the air samples from the trunk:

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20320944/detail.html

WTH...I can't even come up with a plausible explanation for the connection.

O_O
Me neither, but I also looked up some decomp sites. Didn't post the, but one said trimethylamine was a decomp product of plants and animals. Didn't say mammals or not, or I didn't read more - except for this:
Trimethylamine has also been prepared via a reaction of ammonium chloride and paraformaldehyde (formaldehyde being a product of decomp too IIRC).

If KC was using the contents of the crystal lite bottle as a homemade cleaning/bug killing brew, she would have poured the contents onto a rag, wiped up trunk carpet and then maybe put the rag (with wiped-on decomp) over the crystal lite bottle to pour on more homemade cleaning brew without spilling it. Maybe some decomp got mixed in with KC's homemade cleaning/bug killing brew in the process? Maybe KC gave her homemade brew a shake or two with her decomp covered cleaning rag over the bottle opening? :waitasec:

Sounds plausible but is there proof those chemicals are there in the trunk? I found it odd that most of the maggots were in the trash bag and on the napkins and not as many were on the trunk liner so insecticides may explain that.

If this concoction was used to kill Caylee how would it be proven if all the tissue is gone? (that brought tears to my eyes to type that) How would prosecutors connect it to Caylee's demise?

Why not just give her benadryl or cough medicine or OD'ing Caylee on her own antibiotic? Or 1 single dose of the ever present Benzo's associated with players in this case? Or stab her or run her over with the car? Or drown her in the tub or pool.. or a million other less complicated methods of death? It just makes no sense to me, a person like Casey using this as a method of death.

My post isn't directed AT you, it's just my outrage of her thought process if she is indeed the person who killed her daughter with anything like this kind of method. The killing is bad enough but to do it in this manner is just so ODD! I mean, why not just smother her or choke her or...
KC seems to have been interested in mixing up brews. She looked up how to make chloroform more than one time. She definitely needed a strong insecticide/cleaner for her car trunk, so she made it.

It isn't unusual for women to consider poison first. Maybe KC thought an injection would be quick and not easily detected?

jmo

I think it would be more useful to evaluate the FBI's results separately from the Body Farm's results. There may be some discrepancies, only muddying the water in trying to evalute the FBI findings. jmo ;)

Thank you, and I hear you... However, you are looking at it with a rational mind, and I don't believe KC shares that thought process or none of this would ever have happened.

I can't pretend to get into her head, but I will say, I do not put this out of the realm of possibility, as it is just distorted enough for her to come up with.

Injection of some nasty substance, the worst she can think up, would seem a quick way for her to do it. Quick, no muss, no blood, no struggle, no time for remorse. Just "Cleaning up" a little problem...

Anyway, it fits for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member