Tax Stimulus Rebate

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok well I wonder what happens if you have one of those emerald cards from H and R block thats what our refund went on.

You will receive a check instead.

I think this just sucks. First they get me all excited and tell us rebates will go out early (I am a 12) and nope didn't get lucky enough to be 1 of those 2.4 million folks and I have yet to find anyone that was fortune enough to be in that group. SO I did the wheres my rebate thing (it worked for me) and I am told I would receive it May 2nd. I just checked my account and NOPE, NO REBATE!! Now my refund was in my account around midnight on the day I was to get it and here it is almost 7am my time and nothing. :mad: I had planned on using my for gas so I could job hunt this week and now....I guess I will wait some more. SS for the rant.

You will receive a check instead.

I think this just sucks. First they get me all excited and tell us rebates will go out early (I am a 12) and nope didn't get lucky enough to be 1 of those 2.4 million folks and I have yet to find anyone that was fortune enough to be in that group. SO I did the wheres my rebate thing (it worked for me) and I am told I would receive it May 2nd. I just checked my account and NOPE, NO REBATE!! Now my refund was in my account around midnight on the day I was to get it and here it is almost 7am my time and nothing. :mad: I had planned on using my for gas so I could job hunt this week and now....I guess I will wait some more. SS for the rant.

I know someone who got their money.

AmandaBrown ... if H & R Block had not approved the rapid refund would a check had been issued or would it have been deposited into your account by the IRS?

And I am very Stimulated this morning!!! :woohoo:

Ok well I wonder what happens if you have one of those emerald cards from H and R block thats what our refund went on.

It may go on your emerald card. Rapid refunds are set up so that the money goes into H&R Block's account...but the emerald cards are set up as individual accounts. I was told by the IRS that some rebates, if not flagged as rapid refunds, will go onto the cards.

Found this on the web, hope it helps some of you:

http://digits.hrblock.com/taxrebate/
click on the "Tax Rebate and Emerald prepaid Mastercard" podcast on the side.
866-353-1266 just press #1 and hear their version.....
as stated above, makes clear sense, a lot of you are giving out false info, IF you didnt pay your tax prep fee upfront in cash, and had them take it out of your rebate, you will get a paper check, for those who payed cash, or with credit card at the office, you got the routing number of your CARD put on your tax papers and will recieve.

and
I have the answer...after much research. The stimulus refund will be put on the emerald card if you had your tax refund put on the emerald card. The only time that it will not is if you got a refund anticipation loan put on the card. This is because they used a temporary bank account to do that. So, if you just got a straight refund put on the card without a refund anticipation loan, you will receive your money on the card. If you got the refund anticipation loan, you will be receiving a paper check in the mail according to the schedule. Also, if you did the smart pay and had them take the fee out of your refund instead of paying up front with cash or whatever, you will be receiving a paper check in the mail.

Darn!! It's not working for me. Oh well, the schedule says it will be transmitted no later than the 9th. We're a 57 so should be next week sometime. No biggy. I just like to know when extra money is coming!

lol, you nut!....stimulated here also...the money's in the bank:)

:clap: Sweet!!!

Thanks guys! Trust me - it was MY pleasure to be able to report that the Rebate was indeed For Real!!! I wasn't counting my eggs before they hatched especially considering that Uncle Sam's been the one making me scream "Uncle" this year! God Bless the USA.......

Virtual Drinks All Around on Me - :innocent: Someone else please enjoy mine since I don't partake! :chicken:

We got ours today too!! And more than we had anticipated.
I'll be having a great weekend!!

Virtual Drinks All Around on Me - :innocent: Someone else please enjoy mine since I don't partake! :chicken:

Second round is on me---and I'll drink River Rat's!!

We got ours too, but it was less than we thought. I thought it was $600 for me and dh, and $300 for each kid. That would have been $1,800, but we only got 1,380. I don't know how they came up with that.

Does anyone else think the stimulous check is a joke as far as stimulating the economy? We used ours to pay off a personal loan that we needed recently. Everyone I talk to is paying off bills because they have been robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Found this on the web, hope it helps some of you:

http://digits.hrblock.com/taxrebate/
click on the "Tax Rebate and Emerald prepaid Mastercard" podcast on the side.
866-353-1266 just press #1 and hear their version.....
as stated above, makes clear sense, a lot of you are giving out false info, IF you didnt pay your tax prep fee upfront in cash, and had them take it out of your rebate, you will get a paper check, for those who payed cash, or with credit card at the office, you got the routing number of your CARD put on your tax papers and will recieve.

and
I have the answer...after much research. The stimulus refund will be put on the emerald card if you had your tax refund put on the emerald card. The only time that it will not is if you got a refund anticipation loan put on the card. This is because they used a temporary bank account to do that. So, if you just got a straight refund put on the card without a refund anticipation loan, you will receive your money on the card. If you got the refund anticipation loan, you will be receiving a paper check in the mail according to the schedule. Also, if you did the smart pay and had them take the fee out of your refund instead of paying up front with cash or whatever, you will be receiving a paper check in the mail.

I am confused by this .... I did get a rapid refund although not from H&R block ... Had for whatever reason my Rapid refund not been approved I would have still gotten Direct deposit from the IRS in about 2 weeks..
So why would they not DD the stimulus pay?

I am confused by this .... I did get a rapid refund although not from H&R block ... Had for whatever reason my Rapid refund not been approved I would have still gotten Direct deposit from the IRS in about 2 weeks..
So why would they not DD the stimulus pay?

Because the account number would have been changed on your filed tax return for the rapid refund. If they would have denied the rapid refund the account number would have stayed the same. If you received a rapid refund or had your tax preparation fees deducted from your refund, then you will be getting a paper check.

Because the account number would have been changed on your filed tax return for the rapid refund. If they would have denied the rapid refund the account number would have stayed the same. If you received a rapid refund or had your tax preparation fees deducted from your refund, then you will be getting a paper check.

NO my actual account # was submitted to them in the event that my Rapid refund was not approved the IRS would have been able to DD into my account.

NO my actual account # was submitted to them in the event that my Rapid refund was not approved the IRS would have been able to DD into my account.

It would have still been changed for the rapid refund...on the filed return that you would not see. They would have listed their bank account as the DD account number.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone
Back