Taylor Swift concerts canceled after 2 arrested in Vienna for alleged terrorist attack plans. Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

DS2021

Reaction score

Taylor Swift's Eras Tour shows in Vienna, Austria, have been canceled after government officials confirmed an alleged ISIS-linked terrorist plot to attack large events, organizers said Wednesday.

"With confirmation from government officials of a planned terrorist attack at Ernst Happel Stadium, we have no choice but to cancel the three scheduled shows for everyone's safety," Barracuda Music, the concerts' organizer, said in an online post.

''Swift has spoken about her concerns of a terrorist attack at one of her stadium shows. In 2019, she told Elle magazine it was her biggest fear.

"After the Manchester Arena bombing and the Vegas concert shooting, I was completely terrified to go on tour this time because I didn’t know how we were going to keep 3 million fans safe over seven months," Swift said ahead of the Lover Tour, which was then canceled because of Covid.

She added, "There was a tremendous amount of planning, expense, and effort put into keeping my fans safe."

"My fear of violence has continued into my personal life," she said. "I carry QuikClot army grade bandage dressing, which is for gunshot or stab wounds."

Last edited:
The teenager, said to have North Macedonian roots, is considered the main suspect, and worked closely with a 17-year-old Austrian, general director for public security Frankz Ruf told the broadcaster ORF.

The 17-year-old, who has Turkish and Croatian roots, had started a job at the concert venue days before the event was cancelled over the terror threat, according to officials.

The teenager, said to have North Macedonian roots, is considered the main suspect, and worked closely with a 17-year-old Austrian, general director for public security Frankz Ruf told the broadcaster ORF.

The 17-year-old, who has Turkish and Croatian roots, had started a job at the concert venue days before the event was cancelled over the terror threat, according to officials.

Friends of one of the suspects arrested for the foiled ISIS attack at a Taylor Swift concert were reportedly hired as security guards and stewards for the show.

The alleged associates were hired by a security company and by a stewarding service to help with the setup for Taylor's Vienna show. Two men were arrested after plotting to carry out a terror attack at the concert.

So there seems to be some conflicting reports

''Kimmel recounted that she and her friends were at a restaurant outside Vienna when they heard about the news. She said that when they got back to their hotel, her friend who bought the tickets got an email confirming that the concert had been cancelled and that a refund would be available.

"They didn't give the exact reason. They just kind of gave a very broad overview of due to circumstances," said Kimmel, who had been preparing the whole day for the concert.

She noted that earlier, she had met Canadians and other Swift fans from all over the world who had travelled to Vienna for the Eras Tour. "People are coming in from everywhere to see Taylor," Kimmel said.

While she was sad that the concert wouldn't be happening, the Toronto resident was "grateful" that organizers were thinking about everyone's safety.''

Wow!
The August concerts in Warsaw in my country Poland were performed without any problems.
The atmosphere was fantastic.
We had fans from the whole Europe :)
Everybody had the best time.

What a pity for Vienna.

Last edited:
This is really really terrifying. These guys are using some of the elaborate planning and tactics that made the 9/11 attacks successful. Plant operatives on the inside, give them access, and then they attack. Poor Taylor and her fans. Especially in light of what recently happened in the UK at that Taylor-themed dance class where 9 beautiful little girls were stabbed. Now I'm wondering if the attacker there wasn't radicalized or inspired by something like this?

This is really really terrifying. These guys are using some of the elaborate planning and tactics that made the 9/11 attacks successful. Plant operatives on the inside, give them access, and then they attack. Poor Taylor and her fans. Especially in light of what recently happened in the UK at that Taylor-themed dance class where 9 beautiful little girls were stabbed. Now I'm wondering if the attacker there wasn't radicalized or inspired by something like this?

It's the price for immense popularity.

It is a magnet to all kinds of weirdos.

Such concerts are security headaches.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members