Ted Bundy - Serial Killer - 1974-1978

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SEATTLE - More than 50 years after serial killer Ted Bundy is believed to have begun his murderous terror spree, local investigators are still working to solve some of his potential crimes.

"I think he's responsible for additional murders,” said Detective Lindsey Wade from the Tacoma Police Department’s cold case unit. “Certainly he's responsible for additional crimes like rapes, probably kidnappings, attempted rapes, attempted murders."
http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/col...d-crimes-to-serial-killer-ted-bundy/699154833

Looks like there's a new "Ted" movie in process. I don't see a release date for it yet.

Here, Bundy´s former lawyer says that he confessed to him about killing more than 100 persons, including 1 man.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...onfessed-murdering-100-people-victim-MAN.html

I wonder why he did not ask him names. If he had told him 5 or 10 there will be 5 or 10 families knowing what happened to their beloved ones.

Browne was (is?) peddling a book at the time, and (unfortunately) references to Bundy stir up press interest.

The '100 victims' myth was started by Bundy himself, when a statement he made with respect to numbers during his initial arrest in Florida was interpreted as such. Although it's highly likely there were unidentified young women murdered during his most active years, the approximate number of between 30-40 victims is probably as accurate as can be determined at this point. I'd suggest Bob Keppel is the most reliable source for any final estimation, and not Bundy's various lawyers (whom Bundy confided in selectively - as determined by the needs of his defense at any given moment).

I don't see Susan Curtis on that list. He confessed to killing her. She disappeared from Brigham Young University where she had gone for some kind of conference. She attended the same high school as Debra Kent.

Ted Bundy's defense attorney says serial killer was 'absolutely born evil,' had a 'death wish' in new doc

Ted Bundy's defense attorney says serial killer was 'absolutely born evil,' had a 'death wish' in new doc

"When criminal defense attorney John Henry Browne first met his client Ted Bundy in October 1975, the word “evil” flashed in his mind.

The former law student, who would manage to escape twice before his conviction in 1980, became one of the most infamous serial killers in American history..."

http://www.vulture.com/2018/07/ted-bundy-is-suddenly-everywhere.html

It is a truth universally acknowledged, at least in the true-crime community, that Ted Bundy would be irritatingly pleased with all the attention he’s getting lately. Twenty-nine years have passed since he died in the electric chair, forty since his last murder, forty-four since his first confirmed murder, and seventy-two since his birth, but a brief scan of pop culture seems to indicate that our fascination with the turtlenecked sociopath has reached a new level. Should we be …concerned?

I think he told his lawyer that he killed 80+. I don't know if that is accurate but I do believe he killed more than the ones attributed to him.

Cynthia Constantine is not a victim of Ted Bundy. She disappeared when my parents were growing up and she lived 45 minutes away. My parents suspect that a known sex offender in that area abducted and killed Cynthia. Her body has not been found. I doubt that any of the Connecticut missing girls are his victims either. Bonita Bickwit is not a Victim either. Martha morrsion and carol Valenzuela were killed by warren Forrest and Laurie partridge was a likely victim of warren Forrest as well. Ted Bundy May have been in Vermont when Lynne Schulze disappeared so he may have kidnapped and killed her but it’s mite likely she was murdered by Robert Durst. Diane sue Gilchrist case has been linked to warren Forrest.

Bundy is now considered a possible suspect in the case of Lynne Schulze because he may have been in Vermont in 1970 or 1971. DNA proved that warren Forrest abducted and killed carol Valenzuela and Martha morrsion.

New DNA evidence links Warren Forrest to 2 killings

He may have been involved in Amy Billigs case.

Ted Bundy:

Proven Victims:

Georgann Hawkins Georgeann Hawkins – The Charley Project

Donna Gail Manson Donna Gail Manson – The Charley Project

Nancy Wilcox Nancy Wilcox – The Charley Project

Julie Cunningham Julie L. Cunningham – The Charley Project

Susan Curtis Susan Curtis – The Charley Project

Denise Oliverson Denise Lynn Oliverson – The Charley Project

Debra Jean Kent Debra Jean Kent – The Charley Project
——————————————————————
Presumed victims:

Rita Lorraine Jolly Rita Lorraine Jolly – The Charley Project

Vicki Lynn Hollar Vicki Lynn Hollar – The Charley Project

Ann Marie burr Ann Marie Burr – The Charley Project

Nancy Perry Baird Nancy Perry Baird – The Charley Project

Lynette Dawn Culvert Lynette Dawn Culver – The Charley Project
——————————————————————
Possible:

Lynne Kathryn Schulze Lynne Kathryn Schulze – The Charley Project

Deborah Rae Meyer Deborah Rae Meyer – The Charley Project

Marla Jean Thomas Marla Jean Thomas – The Charley Project

Amy Billig Amy Billig – The Charley Project

The reason for why I put Lynette culvert under presumed is because her case may be linked to the murders of two other Pocatello girls in 1978 and another Pocatello girl in 1983 and possibly the rawlins Wyoming murders that took place in 1974. I don’t know why included Deborah Rae Meyer but it’s still a possibility although it’s more possible that she was a victim of royal Russell long. Bundy May have been in Vermont in 1971 when Lynne Schulze disappeared so she may be a possible victim as well. Marla Jean Thomas may be a possible victim because she vanished from Washington and her description matches his other victims. Bundy killed girls in Florida so he may have been involved in Amy billigs 1974 disappearance in Florida.

I had a disturbing encounter in June/July 1975 in southern California with a 30'ish man with collar length lightish brown hair who was driving a beige VW bug.

I (obviously) managed to get away from him, but I've always wondered if I had a very close encounter with Bundy.

I've researched Google to some degree but have been unable to pinpoint if he would have been in CA at that time.

I had a disturbing encounter in June/July 1975 in southern California with a 30'ish man with collar length lightish brown hair who was driving a beige VW bug.

I (obviously) managed to get away from him, but I've always wondered if I had a very close encounter with Bundy.

I've researched Google to some degree but have been unable to pinpoint if he would have been in CA at that time.

Two woman vanished in California in the 1970s

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper