Teen sues parents after being ‘kicked out,’ wants money

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rachel Canning has gotten a domestic violence temporary restraining order against her boyfriend -- the man her parents had wanted her to stop seeing.

Canning accused Lucas Kitzmiller of choking her with his hands during a quarrel after midnight Saturday into the early morning hours Sunday. Canning and Kitzmiller were together in Mine Hill when he allegedly assaulted Rachel on the street. She fled in her vehicle -- while Kitzmiller allegedly tried to stop her -- and drove to Denville Police headquarters. She filed a domestic violence complaint against Kitzmiller and a temporary restraining order was issued by a municipal court judge based upon her allegations..

The pair are to appear Wednesday in Superior Court, Morristown, for a hearing on whether the restraining order should be made final. Kitzmiiller could agree to the restraints or a trial could be held where the order could be dismissed by the judge or Canning could seek its dismissal.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/story/ne...ts-gets-restraining-order-boyfriend/12984967/

Eyeroll...sorry ...IMO she has as much credibility as my sock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kitzmiller filed a cross-complaint and also obtained a temporary restraining order against Canning, according to a court listing. The temporary orders were issued by a judge in municipal court.

Canning and Kitzmiller both appeared today before Judge James DeMarzo in the Family Division of Superior Court in Morristown. Their hearing was postponed to Aug. 6 after Kitzmiller said his attorney, Steven Caputo, is in Cleveland but will be back by that date.

Canning, accompanied by her parents but not represented by an attorney, had told the court she was “ready to proceed.”

Judge DeMarzo set the new date and advised the parties “not to publicize the case” and to “keep your business to yourself.” He urged them especially not to post any information about the case in social media.

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/...in_domestic_violence_case_with_boyfriend.html

Rachel Canning has gotten a domestic violence temporary restraining order against her boyfriend -- the man her parents had wanted her to stop seeing.

Canning accused Lucas Kitzmiller of choking her with his hands during a quarrel after midnight Saturday into the early morning hours Sunday. Canning and Kitzmiller were together in Mine Hill when he allegedly assaulted Rachel on the street. She fled in her vehicle -- while Kitzmiller allegedly tried to stop her -- and drove to Denville Police headquarters. She filed a domestic violence complaint against Kitzmiller and a temporary restraining order was issued by a municipal court judge based upon her allegations..

The pair are to appear Wednesday in Superior Court, Morristown, for a hearing on whether the restraining order should be made final. Kitzmiiller could agree to the restraints or a trial could be held where the order could be dismissed by the judge or Canning could seek its dismissal.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/story/ne...ts-gets-restraining-order-boyfriend/12984967/

Wow, after stating that police officers were a--h---s, she runs immediately to police after her boyfriend chokes her. I guess she figured that police might not be a--h---s when you really need them.

Wow, after stating that police officers were a--h---s, she runs immediately to police after her boyfriend chokes her. I guess she figured that police might not be a--h---s when you really need them.

Funny how that works huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems they both filed and were granted TRO's against each other...

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/...nce_case_with_boyfriend.html#incart_most-read

Kitzmiller filed a cross-complaint and also obtained a temporary restraining order against Canning, according to a court listing. The temporary orders were issued by a judge in municipal court.

From what I understand, a TPO is pretty easy to get, as it's temporary. If their state is like mine, there will be a hearing set for a magistrate to decide on a more permanent restraining order where both sides can present their evidence.

Whoa, that karma train was on the fast track!

Whoa, that karma train was on the fast track!

Are you implying she deserved to be a victim of domestic violence*?

*If that occurred. Obviously we have to let this one play out.

Glad I asked! Wasn't sure what you meant by karma and didn't want to assume. :)

Maybe 'karma' wasn't the right word to use. In my personal experience, my mom has always been right about about situations and people that we butted heads about :wink: and I had to learn the hard way.

Also, I don't really find this girl very credible but there is nothing she could do to deserve having another person put their hands on her. I hope she learns from this.

They dropped the restraining orders against each other.

Source nj.com and for some reason I am unable to link article.
MORRISTOWN — Rachel Canning, the Lincoln Park teenager who sued her parents for support after moving from their house, won't be pursuing a restraining order against her boyfriend, according to the boyfriend's attorney.

In a written statement, attorney Steven A. Caputo, representing Lucus Kitzmille said the two 18-year-olds have decided to each stop pursuing domestic violence restraining orders against the other. Caputo said Superior Court Judge James M. DeMarzo granted the teens' requests Monday.

"Canning and Kitzmiller independently reached the conclusion that they should enter their college years without having to worry about the possible consequences of having restraining orders on their respective records and that the actions that led to the filing of the complaints did not rise to the level of domestic violence," Caputo wrote. "They agreed to the dismissal and confirmed for the court that they were making the decision freely and without coercion or duress. They leave for their respective colleges shortly."

From linked article & above post: "They leave for their respective colleges shortly."

Thank goodness, they'll be on different campuses.

Is this the last time we'll see Rachel Canning in the news? Any bets?

From linked article & above post: "They leave for their respective colleges shortly."

Thank goodness, they'll be on different campuses.

Is this the last time we'll see Rachel Canning in the news? Any bets?

I can see her trying to get on a reality show. She's had that 15 minutes now, and nothing seems to embarass her.

Rachel Canning, a 21-year-old lacrosse player at Western New England University in Massachusetts, is under fire for the photo she posted May 5.

“Dear Mr. Trump. glad you didn’t build that wall JUST YET. Happy Mexican St. Paddys day from our honorary Amigos to yours,” reads the caption of a photo of Canning and her lacrosse teammates — one held upside down over a keg — celebrating the Mexican army’s 1862 victory over France. The caption is followed by an emoticon of a dark-haired man with a mustache.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...versial-cinco-de-mayo-photo-article-1.3142202

Guess that biomedical engineering degree she received the scholarship for was too hard. I did not realize one needed a Bachelor of Arts degree to sell pharmaceutical products.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back