Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the text was sent (either written or a previous draft) at 1:20, that would have been while she was in or outside of Tempo. They say the phone went dead right after that message. Wondering how they know it went dead, and if it did go dead at Tempo, wonder why or how. Battery just happened to die?

Didn't know phone went dead. That could explain why LE can't get much more useful info from Hannah's phone. But they do have JM's phone. Unless he turned it off that night when he was with Hannah or it went out of batteries, that should come up with some idea as to what his travels were.

Hopefully, the time disparity of when the "I am lost" text was sent will be explained. If you save something in draft to send later, what time shows up as the sent time? When the message was saved as draft, or when it was sent?

The auto-correct feature could have changed something Hannah wrote into the message her friends received. Wertland? Would auto-correct change something else to that? Maybe a GPS system filled in that street name when she meant it to read something else?

Weren't they near Water Street?

If you type "almost" withOUT the "a"- as in "almost at", it becomes the word "lost" when it autocorrects

You know how phones save words that you have used and suggest them for auto correct? Wonder if addresses are saved, too? HG would probably have entered 14th and Wertland on at least one other occasion---maybe that was stored. I think they were at/near 4th and Water.

And the plot thickens......

What do you mean change his clothes? Why do you think he changed his clothes? I must have missed that. And I agree, why did the WG say he was bald?

I'm of the opinion that this text was saved in draft...that it was written earlier, but sent at 1:20 a.m.
I wonder if she was in that area during the time (the 50 mins we don't know where she is) she is not spotted on cameras but just didn't send the text?

I would think so. He's not dumb. He spent two years at one university, and almost a year at another one.

Not being able to spell does not indicate " dumb". There is an article somewhere from a person who was in school with him and they were in a learning disabilities class together.

Colleges make accomodations for students with learning disabilities.

I downloaded IOS 8 and got some issues, including autocorrect. I don't have a phone, though.

Maybe she downloaded it and there are issues?

Has anyone had issues with IOS 8?

I downloaded a fix the other day to fix bugs, but I did not read what tbe problems are

What do you mean change his clothes? Why do you think he changed his clothes? I must have missed that. And I agree, why did the WG say he was bald?

Is it wrong to still feel a little not suspicious but like something isn't totally right with WG? I don't like how he sneakily followed Hannah out of "concern" but wasn't concerned enough to intervene when JM turned up. And how he didn't go to LE until the cctv footage was about to be released despite his earlier concern and it was all over the news. Not to mention his description of JM as bald and incorrect clothes. I don't know something doesn't feel right. I'm not saying I believe he had involvement in Hannah's disappearance, I'm sure LE has checked it out but it just strikes me as odd. JMO

You know how phones save words that you have used and suggest them for auto correct? Wonder if addresses are saved, too? HG would probably have entered 14th and Wertland on at least one other occasion---maybe that was stored. I think they were at/near 4th and Water.

Tempo is on the corner of 15th and water

Tempo is on the corner of 15th and water

Maybe she was just intoxicated and asked someone where she was, they responded by saying 5th and Water, and, since she wasn't familiar with that area she interpreted it as 15th and Wertland, somewhere she was very familiar with.

Her phone going dead right after he was seen holding her up bespeaks intention on the part of somebody who does not want to be tracked. She would've been too out of it at that point. What happened after Tempo is all that matters for now, who saw him, where Sunday, Monday, Tuesday?

Not being able to spell does not indicate " dumb". There is an article somewhere from a person who was in school with him and they were in a learning disabilities class together.

Colleges make accomodations for students with learning disabilities.

lol this is true. My spelling is dire if I didn't have spell check and auto correct you all would think I was speaking Swahili and I managed to graduate from uni with a good degree and have a good job in admin. *boasting much* :)
JM appears to have been smart enough to kill the phone not long after the text was sent, unless the battery died. Sounds like pre planning if that's the case. Wonder would LE be able to tell if the phone was turned off or if the battery died.

Is it wrong to still feel a little not suspicious but like something isn't totally right with WG? I don't like how he sneakily followed Hannah out of "concern" but wasn't concerned enough to intervene when JM turned up. And how he didn't go to LE until the cctv footage was about to be released despite his earlier concern and it was all over the news. Not to mention his description of JM as bald and incorrect clothes. I don't know something doesn't feel right. I'm not saying I believe he had involvement in Hannah's disappearance, I'm sure LE has checked it out but it just strikes me as odd. JMO

I believe that the idea that the initial police description of a bald black man was informed only by WG is pure speculation. Police never told the public that WG said such things. They also said that over 70 witnesses saw hannah that night on the Downtown Mall. I'm not sure we have any evidence to suggest that WG was the person, or at least the sole person, that this description came from. It has also been noted somewhere on this thread that in some cases police have intentionally released a false description for investigative reasons.

That said, I do agree that WGs actions were very suspicious.

Her phone going dead right after he was seen holding her up bespeaks intention on the part of somebody who does not want to be tracked. She would've been too out of it at that point. What happened after Tempo is all that matters for now, who saw him, where Sunday, Monday, Tuesday?
If her phone went dead at 1:20 (who really knows...), that somebody then walked with HG through a very busy place as patrons were ditching bars after last call. He walked with HG right by the ID girl at Tempo.

Not sure the phone going dead is really evidence of anything at this point, but they were likely together at 1:20.

If he was smart enough to remember that cell phone pings can be tracked he would have taken the battery out of his own phone (doubt it). Hopefully LE is making some progress with the cell phone companies.

I believe that the idea that the initial police description of a bald black man was informed only by WG is pure speculation. Police never told the public that WG said such things. They also said that over 70 witnesses saw hannah that night on the Downtown Mall. I'm not sure we have any evidence to suggest that WG was the person, or at least the sole person, that this description came from. It has also been noted somewhere on this thread that in some cases police have intentionally released a false description for investigative reasons.

That said, I do agree that WGs actions were very suspicious.

BBM. Actually, I think the police directly attributed that POI description to the WG. And I don't think they would lie about it. First, because they can't lie about what a witness says. And second, if they knowingly gave out false info, it could be used to undermine the prosecution during the trial.

I will see if I can find that quote that indicates the WG did in fact provide this description to the police.

I would think so. He's not dumb. He spent two years at one university, and almost a year at another one.

Just because someone manages to make a passing grade at a university does not mean they arent dumb by most peoples standards.

Im currently pursuing my Associates Degree in Applied Science at a local community college and I don't know how some of the people enrolled and currently passing my College Comp II class ever made it past College Comp I.

We have weekly discussion boards with clearly stated criteria and standards, yet almost half of the class has never heard of a paragraph, spell check, a thesaurus or anything approaching reading comprehension.

20 or 30 years ago I might have been inclined to agree with you but the state of our educational system now is abysmal and absolutely frightening.....especially when you realize the very people who have been given a grade just for participation today, are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow.

I imagine much the same thing happened to JLM. The promise of good grades whilst his athletic prowess helped the team earn victories and made the school more money by attracting new students.

Just because someone manages to make a passing grade at a university does not mean they arent dumb by most peoples standards.

Im currently pursuing my Associates Degree in Applied Science at a local community college and I don't know how some of the people enrolled and currently passing my College Comp II class ever made it past College Comp I.

We have weekly discussion boards with clearly stated criteria and standards, yet almost half of the class has never heard of a paragraph, spell check, a thesaurus or anything approaching reading comprehension.

20 or 30 years ago I might have been inclined to agree with you but the state of our educational system today is abysmal and absolutely frightening.....especially when you realize the very people who have been given a grade just for participation today are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow.

I imagine much the same thing happened to JLM but because he was a football player instead.

I suppose I was making assumptions. Here, most students need a high school GPA of 80-90% to be admitted, so literacy is in place.

...so it's been confirmed he bought her a drink(s)? I can't conceive how much HG had to drink to be as intoxicated as she is reported to be over such a period of time AND covering the distance she covered. That said, has anybody witnessed her drinking AFTER leaving the 2nd party she attended?

I'd like to know too TC.

BBM. Actually, I think the police directly attributed that POI description to the WG. And I don't think they would lie about it. First, because they can't lie about what a witness says. And second, if they knowingly gave out false info, it could be used to undermine the prosecution during the trial.

I will see if I can find that quote that indicates the WG did in fact provide this description to the police.

Here is one article -
http://abcnews.go.com/US/person-int...ity-virginia-student-hannah/story?id=25592387

If it is illegal to drink out on the Mall itself, how does the Tempo manager explain about selling him two drinks?......Hannah was outside according to him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonyotoole
Back