Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't wait to find out if Tempo has indoor cameras especially over the bartender.

http://www.camerasecuritynow.com/business/bar-security-cameras.asp

<The bar is one of businesses most vulnerable areas of theft.

Bartender stealing is especially prevalent if you have a successful bar business with a popular bartender. You might not notice daily theft and skimming, such as free drinks to the bartender's friends and stealing from the cash register.

Shrinkage, the average loss due to theft, spillage and waste, nationally is approximately 23 percent on liquor and draft beer, about 10 percent on wine and 2 percent on bottled beer*. That's a lot of money. It could mean your profits for the year! Eliminating shrinkage can mean the difference between financial success and bankruptcy.

Theft alone is the largest source of losses in bars. Opportunities are plentiful for theft behind a bar. Bartenders work many hours without direct supervision. Those who steal from the bar do so because it's easy, hard to detect, and nearly impossible to prevent.

The temptations posed by handling large sums of cash and dealing with a liquid inventory on a day to day basis can be overwhelming. At some point, even the most honest bartenders will contemplate stealing cash, and give out free drinks to friends or bar regulars.>

Tempo seems like an upscale restaurant/ bar. I wonder why they didn't have any cameras, or maybe they did? JMO

I have no idea whether or not Tempo had cameras, except a vague memory of reading that they did not. However, it would not be strange if they did not. Lots of bars do not have cameras because the risk to their liquor license of having video evidence of bartenders not checking IDs/serving underaged minors is too high to offset the benefit of potential evidence in case of losses due to inventory 'shrinkage'.

I just snapped a quick pic of Tempo inside, from their website slideshow, image attached. It looks like there is a camera behind the mirror, above the bartender to the left on the corner. I am not sure else this would be. It's not a light fixture. Zapped can you check out this area when you are there please? Thanks so much!

Does anyone else see this? Otto?
\\

That is more likely the anchor to hold the upper part of mirror as it leans outward. I zoomed in on the area and it looks like it has a flat area to the cabinet. The bracket is also held by a rod coming down from the ceiling. This could also contain lighting or electric cable. There is a slight brass sheen coming from the edges of the bracket against the cabinet. It looks flat and broad against the cabinet.

Nice to what you find.

\\

That is more likely the anchor to hold the upper part of mirror as it leans outward. I zoomed in on the area and it looks like it has a flat area to the cabinet. The bracket is also held by a rod coming down from the ceiling. This could also contain lighting or electric cable. There is a slight brass sheen coming from the edges of the bracket against the cabinet. It looks flat and broad against the cabinet.

Nice to what you find.

Hi Solver,

Thank you! Good job on in the depth thinking about lighting and the cables. I know that security cameras also typically have a cable, that may run along the side of a building. I do not profess to be a security expert, just my observations. :)

I thought about the possibility that it could also be an anchor for the mirror. That may very well be the case.

If it is a camera, that would be a very strategic placement, behind a mirror, directly looking at the bartenders. :)

It would have a direct line of site to the bar.

I can't wait to see what Zapped comes up with tonight when he goes there live and in person! Go Zapped!

I'm patiently awaiting any news from Zapped. I hope he's gathering lots of good info and staying safe. My gut tells me not many good things happen on the mall near closing time.

If zapped doesn't post in the next 12 hours, we need a "Where's Zapped?" thread and tip line.

He may not have even made it to Tempo as he had hoped and if it were myself, I would be a little embarrased after all the hype. He might need time to upload pics etc. What if he never posts again ? He is an adult and we would need to move on.

We'll need to get the Sleuth Drone Chopper out there to investigate.

On the otherhand, what if his trip landed him in jail for trespassing or some other unknown cause.

There's been so much info to digest for the past 2 months, that now I'm not sure if I've actually read this link before. :scared: Anyway, I came across this write-up that states there is surveillance video from neighboring restaurants of HG and JM. I'm sure this article has already been discussed before but my brain is fuzzy now. Is this just poor or inaccurate reporting where information gets misunderstood and interpreted incorrectly for an article, or is there really other video footage from neighboring restaurants? Hasn't the general consensus here been that no one knows?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bar-center-missing-uva-student-case-face-legal/story?id=25787415

There's been so much info to digest for the past 2 months, that now I'm not sure if I've actually read this link before. :scared: Anyway, I came across this write-up that states there is surveillance video from neighboring restaurants of HG and JM. I'm sure this article has already been discussed before but my brain is fuzzy now. Is this just poor or inaccurate reporting where information gets misunderstood and interpreted incorrectly for an article, or is there really other video footage from neighboring restaurants? Hasn't the general consensus here been that no one knows?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bar-center-missing-uva-student-case-face-legal/story?id=25787415

I know I've read those quotes before but don't know if I read THIS article. Now it seems we can put two issues to rest. Neighboring businesses have some surveillance (not sure what) and Jesse bought BEER.

Thank you MJ :) I had not seen this version. I watched it a few times, noticed the same mirror in the background, I still would like to know what is behind it.

It seems like Brice Cunningham is more concerned with "covering his butt, and Tempo continuing on as a jovial place". He doesn't want to let "Hannahs situation carry on to us".

It's all about Tempo and his establishment and very little said about Hannah and their concern for her.

He is reporting the "facts", I researched the name Brice Cunningham (unique name) briefly and I believe his father may be E. Brice Cunningham is a well known attorney in Dallas. It's a unique name. JMO More research needed to confirm. Just curious. The report also seems conflicting at times.

Sad because it's a vital key in the evening when Hannah went missing.

Where is zapped? :) Does anyone know if he went last night?

Zaaaaaaapppeeddd?????
[emoji79] [emoji79] [emoji79] [emoji79]

Thank you MJ :) I had not seen this version. I watched it a few times, noticed the same mirror in the background, I still would like to know what is behind it.

It seems like Brice Cunningham is more concerned with "covering his butt, and Tempo continuing on as a jovial place". He doesn't want to let "Hannahs situation carry on to us".

It's all about Tempo and his establishment and very little said about Hannah and their concern for her.

He is reporting the "facts", I researched the name Brice Cunningham (unique name) briefly and I believe his father may be E. Brice Cunningham is a well known attorney in Dallas. It's a unique name. JMO More research needed to confirm. Just curious. The report also seems conflicting at times.

Sad because it's a vital key in the evening when Hannah went missing.

Where is zapped? :) Does anyone know if he went last night?

Chef Brice Cunningham father's name is Stewart Cunningham.

http://www.tempocville.com/the-backstory/

ETA: it was an easy find. I simply googled Brice Cunningham. The option Chef Brice Cunningham came up, I selected that and this was the first site that came up - right at the top.

Is it possible that Hannah has been to Tempo before? I hadn't realized it was a French restaurant.

http://afcville.wildapricot.org/widget/event-1705762?CalendarViewType=0&SelectedDate=11/16/2014

This is a fun opportunity to socialize in French with other fellow francophiles.

This article posted an hour ago in Sydney- uncanny timing.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/hannah-...r-her-family-and-friends-20141117-11o0ct.html

Dan Fitzgerald, a French teacher at West Potomac, described Ms Graham as among the best students he has had in his advanced classes.

"She had a raw intelligence," Mr Fitzgerald said. "She could remember things seemingly effortlessly, and she had a lot of natural curiosity."

Me said that Ms Graham spoke with an authentic French accent that proved she had an ear for languages. She understood the subtleties of the language well enough to tell jokes to her classmates and knew how to make the teenagers laugh with her wry wit.

"She enjoyed being ironic in French," Mr Fitzgerald said. "If irony was her first foreign language, then French was her second."

Is it possible that Hannah has been to Tempo before? I hadn't realized it was a French restaurant.

http://afcville.wildapricot.org/widget/event-1705762?CalendarViewType=0&SelectedDate=11/16/2014

This is a fun opportunity to socialize in French with other fellow francophiles.
I did wonder this originally when she was first headed there, if it was her destination, it would make sense to me bc it was French, and she was very involved in that cultureculture.
I think so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back