Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Respectfully snipped: T TA! "the neighbor" as in, JMHO, the van parked nearby with recordable surveillance trained on this vehicle and apartment building. Ha! LE I believe will deserve so much credit for their hard work in stopping this monster. I don't think any part of this was left to chance, including "losing" him to flee to TX. I am betting the vacuum cleaner will be revealing too. IDK & JMHO.

Zapped- "Waterboy", totally hilarious, Thanks!

Yet, at the presser on September 19th after they had searched JM's car and apartment it is reported there was no evidence that a crime had been committed.

But Longo also said that although police have identified that man, know his name and have searched his car and apartment, they do not have grounds to arrest him. Police would not discuss their interactions with him.

Obviously, they found something after car was seized and apartment searched a second time, but I highly doubt it was something screaming "HG was here".

As for the neighbor coming forward, I have seen just the opposite reported that neighbors noted nothing suspicious or nothing stood out to them.

I think at this point many of us are left to believing what we want to believe because there are so many holes in the story as released by LE.

The search began at 5 am, so they would have requested the warrant at least the prior day it seems.

The search began around 5am and occurred, Longo said, when three people were at home inside. One of the people in the residence matches the description of the person of interest in the case— a heavyset black male in his 20s, 5’10-5’11” with close cropped hair—but officers had no probable cause to make any arrests, Longo said.

source: http://www.c-ville.com/police-search-car-apartment-possibly-related-person-interest/#.VF-DPvnF8r5

BBM and snipped for brevity.

Not necessarily.

Here in Virginia we have Magistrates on duty and/or on-call pretty much around the clock.

If I'm reading this correctly Magistrates in this state are able to issue arrest AND search warrants for a very broad number of reasons.

A Magistrates primary job is to set bond (if one is needed) for any manner of illegal activity from domestic disputes and driving while intoxicated all the way to murder and they do this at all hours of the day rather than doing it from 9-5 or other set hours.

I speak from experience because In my younger and wilder days I was released on my own recognizance by one at 4am in a rural Va county. I cant imagine Charlottesville being any different.

And for the record, the charge I was taken in on was later dismissed. :innocent:

Link here

I really would love to be a fly on the wall while you do this recon :giggle: I can picture it- "Margie, do you see that woman over there with a notebook in the far left booth? The one who is taking pictures of her shot glass and the receipts? She was leaning over that other table of people a little bit ago and taking photos of the security camera on the corner ceiling. And she's been taking notes all night.... I saw her taking pictures of the bar cash register too. It's all really weird."

Really, it's not at all unusual these days to see patrons snapping photos of food, drink, customers and venue--and then posting to their social media accounts. I do restaurant reviews, and smart phones have made my job of documenting much easier. No more repeated trips to the restroom to jot down details I don't want to forget when it comes time to write my article.

Really, it's not at all unusual these days to see patrons snapping photos of food, drink, customers and venue--and then posting to their social media accounts. I do restaurant reviews, and smart phones have made my job of documenting much easier. No more repeated trips to the restroom to jot down details I don't want to forget when it comes time to write my article.

Thats going to be my cover or something very similar if someone says something to me about it. Ive worked in restaurants long enough I think I can get away with impersonating a food critic. :)

That being said, enough chat for me. I have to go get dressed and head to Mom and Dads to get this truck fixed so I can make it to Tempos next weekend.

Have a great day all.

Yet, at the presser on September 19th after they had searched JM's car and apartment it is reported there was no evidence that a crime had been committed.

But Longo also said that although police have identified that man, know his name and have searched his car and apartment, they do not have grounds to arrest him. Police would not discuss their interactions with him.

Obviously, they found something after car was seized and apartment searched a second time, but I highly doubt it was something screaming "HG was here".

As for the neighbor coming forward, I have seen just the opposite reported that neighbors noted nothing suspicious or nothing stood out to them.

I think at this point many of us are left to believing what we want to believe because there are so many holes in the story as released by LE.

It seems to me there is so much confusion about LE's actions because they were running multiple cases at the same time. They found something at some point to link JM to MH's murder, and I think they were running in that direction at the same time they were working on finding HG. Honestly, it seems that LE had suspicions regarding JM's involvement in the MH case, and his contact with Hannah opened up the opportunity to pursue him closer. Could that be what the sealed warrants in Nelson Co. were all about--MH and not HG? If LE had knowledge of JM's possible involvement in prior crimes and were not able to get him before he took down another girl, I don't think this is going to play out very well; of course, they are so good at concealing information, the public might never know how many times they botched pulling him in.

Well, that's a good question. I personally think they meant at Tempo, but the way in which it was released via the media made it appear as if they meant McGrady.

I went back over the first few days of the search. I have a motto, after following so many cases. We can't just go by what we are told, but we have to carefully watch LE behavior and read between the lines. Sooooo . . .

Sunday Sept 14th:
-Hannah is reported missing at 4:34pm
-LE is searching with bloodhounds around UVA Corner, and nothing of significance is found

Monday Sept. 15th
-Hannah's phone records and computer are being searched
-LE is searching the 14th and Wertland area
-Hannah is reportedly last seen at 12:15 at a party
-the hallway pics of Hannah are released

Tuesday Sept 16th
-LE puts search on hold because of new leads via tips
-LE reports they have video
-Search is moved to Grady and eastward
-LE gets tip of Hannah being at the DM
-LE is also searching near UVA hospital (Wha?!!!! Yep, that's right.)
-The report of the Fairfax/MH suspect sighting is released along with the sketch. (To me, this is clearly a sign that LE had already identified JM. There was no sighting. They just wanted to get the sketch out there because they already knew who and what they were dealing with.)

Wednesday Sept 17th
-At 7 am it's reported that there is a witness and video of Hannah with an unidentified woman on the DM.
-By 9:30am it is reported that search and rescue are all over the DM area.
-It is reported that the last text message from Hannah came from the wrong area.
-Reports of SAR with bloodhounds on Water Street near the parking garage.
-Anchorage farm is searched (Did you hear THAT? They are not trying to ID JM, they are already searching Anchorage Farm!)
-Parker Slaybough reports "breaking news" that LE has video of Hannah walking into a pub at 1 am.
-Presser. . .parents fear "foul play" and LE releases McGrady video.

later on the 17th

-LE has reportedly located WG. Says Hannah was walking with black man
-LE releases Sal's video
-LE releases Tuel's video
-LE says there is no woman and it is Hannah's reflection in the Tuel's video (which WS posters were madly posting at the time that that clearly wasn't true. Sleuthers were all over the man with dreads. ;) )

Thursday Sept 18th

-Reported that police will release more video
-Reported that police won't release more video
-Reported that police are pulling more video, but we will have to wait. . .
-And wait
-several reports that the POI is NOT on any of the videos
-reports that the man with dreads is not a POI and has been cleared
-LE says they want to talk to second male, but give no description
-At 4 pm LE gives description of POI black male, who is not on any videos. . .shaved head. . .etc
-$50,000 reward is announced
-reports that a sketch of POI is coming soon
-Vigil held for Hannah

Friday Sept 19th

-reportedly sometime after midnight a search warrant is executed on Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr's car.
-search warrant for apartment and phone executed shortly after search of car.

Anywhoo. . .that's where I kind of stopped. I think in hindsight it's quite clear how far along LE was in their investigation, what their media strategy was and the motivation behind what they released when.

Sooo. . .MOO. . .LE didn't need the public's help IDing JM. They were already way beyond that when the released the DM videos and all the silly "POI is NOT on any videos. . .It's a woman. No wait, it's Hannah's reflection" nonsense. So why release those videos at all? There were much better pictures of Hannah, so it didn't have anything to do with recognizing her. I think the only explanation was because JM was already under surveillance and they wanted to stress him. They wanted to lead JM to believe that they weren't on to him YET, but they were getting there. LE was hoping if they rattled him, he would lead them to Hannah.

By Tuesday the 16th they put the Fairfax sketch back into circulation and they went sniffing around his place of employment.

On Wednesday the 17th LE searched Anchorage Farm and released the videos that clearly show JM close up, circling around to drop in behind Hannah, and then walking right along side of her.

On Thursday the 18th, LE put the public in a holding pattern. . .and waited and watched for JM to make a move.

MOO!!!!! :moo:

Great work. Thank you so much. Would you please consider adding it to here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Graham-MAPS-amp-TIMELINES-**NO-DISCUSSION**

Sure that would be helpful.Ive been taking notes but its entirely possible I missed something.

This is kind of off topic, but I live closeish...not really close enough to drive (4.5 hours away) but not THAT far away...It would be awesome if we could have a flash mob (maybe minus the dancing...because none of us gets off here long enough to actually learn a dance...)of WSers appear at the mall...and attempt to reconstruct the scene...just sayin'

Hmmm...but why did LE keep up the case of "mistaken" identity once they had the search warrant? This bogus info is repeated in several different MSM sources on September 19th.

Obviously, they knew it was JM at this point, one would hope :p

The search began at 5 am, so they would have requested the warrant at least the prior day it seems.

The search began around 5am and occurred, Longo said, when three people were at home inside. One of the people in the residence matches the description of the person of interest in the case— a heavyset black male in his 20s, 5’10-5’11” with close cropped hair—but officers had no probable cause to make any arrests, Longo said.

source: http://www.c-ville.com/police-search-car-apartment-possibly-related-person-interest/#.VF-DPvnF8r5

What I also find curious is that LE says they had no convo with JM prior to his "voluntary" visit to the police station on Sept 21. Look closely at the "Wanted" poster for reckless driving that was released to the public on Sept. 23

http://kidnappingmurderandmayhem.blogspot.com/2014/09/wanted-poster-for-jesse-matthew-jr.html

The date under his mug shot is September 19th! There are also conflicting reports on where the "reckless driving" occurred. More LE pressure tactics I assume.

The picture on the Sept. 19th poster is from the DMV. He went in to renew his license that day. See previous threads.

Discussing other members, especially hinting at identities, is a major TOS violation!

Also, members are free to meet up in their own time. WS holds no responsibility for what you do off the board. If you want to meet up, do not use the threads to post about arrangements.

Discussing other members, especially hinting at identities, is a major TOS violation!

Also, members are free to meet up in their own time. WS holds no responsibility for what you do off the board. If you want to meet up, do not use the threads to post about arrangements.

I wasnt posting about arrangements earlier, I was letting people know what I intended to do once I got to Charlottesville since some had been asking me to check on certain things for them while Im there.

Im afraid you misread my intentions completely on that one.

Im perfectly okay with handling this solo.

I wasnt posting about arrangements earlier, I was letting people know what I intended to do once I got to Charlottesville since some had been asking me to check on certain things for them while Im there.

Im afraid you misread my intentions completely on that one.

I think it's amazing that you are going to go to Tempo and possibly McGrady's. If I was going, I would also want other ws's to come with me. We all seem to think alike here....it sounds like a long overdue project for one of us to take on.

This will help answer so many questions with regard to Tempo and Hannah's journey that night.

I think you're very brave for stepping up!

I think it's amazing that you are going to go to Tempo and possibly McGrady's. If I was going, I would also want other ws's to come with me. We all seem to think alike here....it sounds like a long overdue project for one of us to take on.

This will help answer so many questions with regard to Tempo and Hannah's journey that night.

I think you're very brave for stepping up!

BBM...I am sorry if I got you or myself in trouble with the Mods :facepalm:(by the way Bessie, you do a great job...still new to WS...so my apologies if I messed up.) I was just so excited to hear that you are making the trip, and grateful for the 'insiders look'...I guess my enthusiasm went a tad overboard there :razz:...Carry on, and keep safe! Also, no clue where you are...I was just saying that it was about 4.5 hours for me...unfortunately, too far for myself to drive in 1 day... :bicycle:

My Tempo questions and what happened there?

1) Do they have cameras inside? Check above the cash registers, doorways, entrances, exits?
2) Do they have cameras outside? Owned by Tempo? Or other business neighbors? (check out Otto's pic from a previous thread).
3) Is there a 'side door"?
4) What is outside where JLM parked that Friday night? The door girl "molly" (not her real name) stated that they got in the same car. What were the surroundings like on a Friday night at 1:20am?
5) The time of the bill receipt. If i order a drink at 1:00am and pay the bill at 1:10am what would it reflect?
6) How much is a beer? What is 7.00 each? Mixed drinks? Maybe the bartender on a Friday night is the same bartender? Hmmm..
7) What is the general environment like at 1:00am? Are there lots of people around out front, in the back?
8) Do they have a valet service? These guys know everyone and everything going on.

Just my thoughts. :)

Not going tonight guys but will definitely be there tomorrow.

Re-connecting with a cousin I havent seen in 10 years tonight.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/25/tempo-bar-did-not-serve-alcohol-to-hannah-graham/

<Brice Cunningham, the owner of Tempo Restaurant, said in a statement Thursday that Graham was never served alcohol and not actually seen inside the restaurant.

&#8220;She was, however, noticed by the door-person outside the restaurant at that time, and seen leaving with [Jesse] Matthew shortly thereafter. These details helped police reconstruct Ms. Graham&#8217;s movements and last known whereabouts,&#8221; Cunningham said.

Additionally, Cunningham said the business has been fully cooperating with police. In fact, the bar turned over credit card information that Cunningham said was able to pinpoint Matthew&#8217;s location.

&#8220;Details of credit card receipts showed that he had made purchases at the bar shortly after midnight while Hannah was still making her way towards the downtown mall from Preston Avenue. Those records also confirm that he returned to Tempo at 1:10 am and left shortly after&#8230;&#8221;

Police said last week that witnesses told investigators they saw Graham and Matthew enter Tempo and that Matthew bought alcohol.> end quote

~~~~~~~

Conflicting article of Tempo. Owners say she was never inside the bar, witnesses say she was there with JLM.

Perhaps your visit will clarify some of this.... Thanks for stepping up!

Isn't that news from over a month ago, or is this "new" news?

You are correct its an article posted back on 9.25.14 (I just added the date as a reference - thank you).

I was going back over older articles of Tempo. Just trying to help.

There was so much going on back then I never read the article in depth.

I can't wait to find out if Tempo has indoor cameras especially over the bartender.

http://www.camerasecuritynow.com/business/bar-security-cameras.asp

<The bar is one of businesses most vulnerable areas of theft.

Bartender stealing is especially prevalent if you have a successful bar business with a popular bartender. You might not notice daily theft and skimming, such as free drinks to the bartender's friends and stealing from the cash register.

Shrinkage, the average loss due to theft, spillage and waste, nationally is approximately 23 percent on liquor and draft beer, about 10 percent on wine and 2 percent on bottled beer*. That's a lot of money. It could mean your profits for the year! Eliminating shrinkage can mean the difference between financial success and bankruptcy.

Theft alone is the largest source of losses in bars. Opportunities are plentiful for theft behind a bar. Bartenders work many hours without direct supervision. Those who steal from the bar do so because it's easy, hard to detect, and nearly impossible to prevent.

The temptations posed by handling large sums of cash and dealing with a liquid inventory on a day to day basis can be overwhelming. At some point, even the most honest bartenders will contemplate stealing cash, and give out free drinks to friends or bar regulars.>

Tempo seems like an upscale restaurant/ bar. I wonder why they didn't have any cameras, or maybe they did? JMO

I can't wait to find out if Tempo has indoor cameras especially over the bartender.

http://www.camerasecuritynow.com/business/bar-security-cameras.asp

<The bar is one of businesses most vulnerable areas of theft.

Bartender stealing is especially prevalent if you have a successful bar business with a popular bartender. You might not notice daily theft and skimming, such as free drinks to the bartender's friends and stealing from the cash register.

Shrinkage, the average loss due to theft, spillage and waste, nationally is approximately 23 percent on liquor and draft beer, about 10 percent on wine and 2 percent on bottled beer*. That's a lot of money. It could mean your profits for the year! Eliminating shrinkage can mean the difference between financial success and bankruptcy.

Theft alone is the largest source of losses in bars. Opportunities are plentiful for theft behind a bar. Bartenders work many hours without direct supervision. Those who steal from the bar do so because it's easy, hard to detect, and nearly impossible to prevent.

The temptations posed by handling large sums of cash and dealing with a liquid inventory on a day to day basis can be overwhelming. At some point, even the most honest bartenders will contemplate stealing cash, and give out free drinks to friends or bar regulars.>

Tempo seems like an upscale restaurant/ bar. I wonder why they didn't have any cameras, or maybe they did? JMO

I just snapped a quick pic of Tempo inside, from their website slideshow, image attached. It looks like there is a camera behind the mirror, above the bartender to the left on the corner. I am not sure else this would be. It's not a light fixture. Zapped can you check out this area when you are there please? Thanks so much!

Does anyone else see this? Otto?

Attachments

• tempo-bar.jpg
    tempo-bar.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 216

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads