Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Have no idea if this is the place to post.....
Maybe....Hannah was going to meet JM. He was at Tempo....midnight-ish. Maybe she didn't know where Tempo was and stopped to ask for directions at McGradys (sp)? Maybe someone else, a friend of hers, was handling the meeting place, time, etc. Maybe Hannah had never met JM but was given a description. So, she wasn't alarmed when he caught her & put his arm around her. Maybe relieved because she didn't mess up the meeting by being late....maybe it was about drugs. He needed to meet his dealer in Tempo....so he goes in, orders a drink, scores the drugs and off they go. Hannah thinking he's taking her to wherever her friends are waiting.....he has other plans....

why wouldn't JM score the drugs in tempo before he left to meet her?-less witnesses and walking back and forth

Looking at the Yelp pics of Tempo, I just don't think that JM would go there without knowing a bartender or server maybe? It seems out of his league...Hmmm...Someone had to have brought him there. I doubt this is a place he would go to just for a few drinks by himself.

Anyway to look and see who might work there with a connection to JM???

Have no idea if this is the place to post.....
Maybe....Hannah was going to meet JM. He was at Tempo....midnight-ish. Maybe she didn't know where Tempo was and stopped to ask for directions at McGradys (sp)? Maybe someone else, a friend of hers, was handling the meeting place, time, etc. Maybe Hannah had never met JM but was given a description. So, she wasn't alarmed when he caught her & put his arm around her. Maybe relieved because she didn't mess up the meeting by being late....maybe it was about drugs. He needed to meet his dealer in Tempo....so he goes in, orders a drink, scores the drugs and off they go. Hannah thinking he's taking her to wherever her friends are waiting.....he has other plans....

I just am not sure about this drug link...Has anything about Hannah said that this is something that she would have been thinking about or involved in? I just don't see her doing anything beyond smoking some mary jane once, just to try it. IMO

The purchase of two beers is interesting.

Do they sell cans at Tempo? Its not typical in bars in Richmond except around the colleges and then its usually Pabst Blue Ribbon.

I would think it weird for an upscale restaurant and bar but a portion of business is always dictated by clientele.

If so he could have easily put one in his pocket, especially given his size, and then given it to Hannah after leaving.

I wish I was on Facebook still! Can't we look at the Tempo FB site and see who checks in as a regular for work? Or who follows the bar that might work there? There has to be a reason he was at this place.

This a Google Maps Streetview of Tempo Restaurant from 5th Street:
http://goo.gl/maps/xEWcU

Looks to me as if there are three entrances to Tempo from this view.
Anyone local know which one would be used to enter the bar area at that time?
Trying to get some sense of the area outside.

I posted this elsewhere on this forum but it bears repeating.

When I was in college there were older, local folks that would hook you up with booze- wine, beer, vodka, kegs etc if you "took care of them" i.e. tipped them well. In my experience they were usually older but not toooo much older local men. Sometimes they kinda creepily hit on the women if it was a girl doing the transaction, sometimes it was purely business. I never did it personally, but having had some experience with older men before hitting college, I always found those guys to be creepy and at times opportunistic. I know girls definitely flirted with them to get better deals at least regarding kegs.

While 21 year old college students will get booze for their close friends- there are generally huge ramifications- like you can get get kicked out of college if you get caught doing it-- hence the "helpfulness" of some locals. It's an easy way to make easy money.

I have no idea what happened here-- but it makes sense that if Hannah had seen this guy coming and going from parties she'd been to- and her twitter account suggests that she's been to parties and likes to drink- that she'd see him as a familiar face that was trustworthy to give her a ride home.

Sometimes just having seen someone before makes them trustworthy. . . particularly when you're young and naive. Heck, I'm older and I might trust someone I'd seen around friends of friends before if I was drunk.

He needed her to pay for them?
possible
The purchase of two beers is interesting.

Do they sell cans at Tempo? Its not typical in bars in Richmond except around the colleges and then its usually Pabst Blue Ribbon.

I would think it weird for an upscale restaurant and bar but a portion of business is always dictated by clientele.

If so he could have easily put one in his pocket, especially given his size, and then given it to Hannah after leaving.

I don't know what beers, but they have a good selection of champagne

Champagne & Burgers

Louis Roederer Brut NV

$70.00

Meet & Chandon Brut Grand Vintage 2002

$135.00

Veuve Fourny & Fils Grande Reserve Brut 1er Cru Nv

$65.00

Gatinois Tradition Brut Grand Cru Nv

$85.00

Laherte Freres Extra-brut 2004

$95.00

Palmes d’or Dc Nicolas Feuillatte, 1999

$180.00

Dom Perignon Moet & Chandon, 2000

$95.00

Deutz ‘Cuvee William Deutz Brut 1998

$250.00

Perrier-Jouet “Cuvee Belle Epoque" 2004

$225.00

Brice Champagne Brut 1er Cru

$125.00

Cristal Roederer, 2004

$450.00

Boizel “Joyau" 1995

$170.00

Boizel “Joyau" 1996

$180.00

Billecart-salmon Reserve Brut NV

$110.00

Bollinger Special Cuvee NV

$150.00

Krug Grande Cuvee NV

$280.00

Gosset "Excellence” Brut

$89.00

Ruinart Rose Brut

$139.00

I think she waited outside the bar area while he went inside the bar area to get drinks for both of them. He was in the eatery section.

That makes no sense that she would wait outside for him while he went inside and had some drinks!!!! .why would she do that??? (Million dollar question).

I'm surprised from what I've seen of JM and what people are saying about Tempo (High prices, snooty), that he was a regular there. Seems a odd match to me! But what do I know.

I wonder how often JM picked up/left with girls from this bar? (just thinking out loud)

Perhaps oddly, sometimes the more expensive and snotty a place is, the more "regular people" want to get into it. In my experience you can often find more multi-millionaire or billionaires at a more low key place than a place that promotes itself as highbrow. (this is in regards to drinking, not eating)

I think they were both in Tempo, but only Jesse went into the "bar area". Hannah waited in the "resteraunt area".

Why not? JLM must have plenty of money if he doesn't pay his rent or his bills. :giggle:
Apologies if people find joking inappropriate here, but I couldn't resist.

And as to the confusion over were they or weren't they IN Tempo, it seems likely that with all of the "grapevine" info passed on, the confusion of what preposition was used could be to blame. If a witness says they were spotted together AT Tempo, then later somebody says a witness saw them IN Tempo, it would seem like an understandable error.

One theory I had, which was posted in the previous, now-closed thread, is that Hannah was probably breathing heavily and perhaps even somewhat flushed from running/walking quickly from McGrady's to the downtown mall. If she was visibly hot and winded, I could see her agreeing to wait outside of Tempo while JLM, the big friendly giant, offers to go in and get her something cold to drink, then help her find whatever/wherever it is she's looking for. We have no idea if he slipped anything in her drink or not, but buying her a beverage and carrying it out to her would give him time to slip some sort of sedative into her drink (heck, even over-the-counter sleeping pills, although I admit it sounds very unlikely he'd just happen to have those on him). By the time they leave together and he gets her into the car, she could have been on the point of passing out. :(

Just my wild theory, no facts to support it. I hope that's okay. :newhere:

In my experience, the more "high class" a bar promotes itself to be, the more middle class people want to get in.

I couldn't even make it to the end of that show thing from the other day. It became obvious to me fairly quickly that he just likes the sound of his own voice and didn't actually have anything to contribute. JMO.

Can you imagine having him as your prof? Ugh- I would drop that class in like five minutes.

Yes! When we were in high school, we'd get almost anyone to go into an establishment serving alcohol to buy us something and in return, we would let them get a drink for themselves.

I posted this elsewhere on this forum but it bears repeating.

When I was in college there were older, local folks that would hook you up with booze- wine, beer, vodka, kegs etc if you "took care of them" i.e. tipped them well. In my experience they were usually older but not toooo much older local men. Sometimes they kinda creepily hit on the women if it was a girl doing the transaction, sometimes it was purely business. I never did it personally, but having had some experience with older men before hitting college, I always found those guys to be creepy and at times opportunistic. I know girls definitely flirted with them to get better deals at least regarding kegs.

While 21 year old college students will get booze for their close friends- there are generally huge ramifications- like you can get get kicked out of college if you get caught doing it-- hence the "helpfulness" of some locals. It's an easy way to make easy money.

I have no idea what happened here-- but it makes sense that if Hannah had seen this guy coming and going from parties she'd been to- and her twitter account suggests that she's been to parties and likes to drink- that she'd see him as a familiar face that was trustworthy to give her a ride home.

Sometimes just having seen someone before makes them trustworthy. . . particularly when you're young and naive. Heck, I'm older and I might trust someone I'd seen around friends of friends before if I was drunk.

1380710_541224035978074_933947746553576044_n.jpg

tempo says HG was not seen in bar, not served but the doorman noticed her

:waitasec:

Interesting to note that the correction To Hannah's name has been made on the Header, from Heather to Hannah. I guess they got the message it was wrong!

CYA mode, ABC license on the line.... IMO!

I think they were both in Tempo, but only Jesse went into the "bar area". Hannah waited in the "resteraunt area".
How are these divided? diving walls/different rooms/same room different sides? is there a dancefloor? dj/music

Interesting to note that the correction To Hannah's name has been made on the Header, from Heather to Hannah. I guess they got the message it was wrong!

Yes, I think it's the same otherwise. I wonder will they release another one to clarify the earlier one :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero
Back