Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Shortened for brevity.

I'm starting to think the same. IMO HG went willingly with JM into his vehicle. Perhaps he told her he was an old cabbie and would drop her off at her party. Perhaps she just wanted to go home. Don't know. But a poster a while back (sorry, I don't remember who) said something about how "abduction" can legally mean you were detained against will. So that's where I think trouble started. JM didn't let her go.

To answer another posters question, I have no interest in JM being innocent. Why I keep bringing up ( maybe she just wanted to be with him) is in response to posters precluding that as a possibility. you kinda excluded that by saying maybe he promised her a ride home or to her party. He very well could be a predator. I just don't know why we can't see the possibility she was with him by choice. She very well could have been attracted to him & wanted to spend time with him. To me this would be the obvious reason she was with him. She had the opportunity to leave him.

The owner of the bar is trying to keep himself, his employees and his establishment as far from this story as possible.

The truth will undoubtedly be bad press for his place, we can pretty clearly see what the truth is by reading between the lines - they went in there together, the bar accepted her fake ID (or they didn't card her) and/or they didn't get involved when she was clearly under the influence of something. Which none of those are unusual especially for a bar in a college town - unfortunately in this one in a million chance she ends up disappearing!

Ultimately what matters most is that they are truthful with LE.

To answer another posters question, I have no interest in JM being innocent. Why I keep bringing up ( maybe she just wanted to be with him) is in response to posters precluding that as a possibility. you kinda excluded that by saying maybe he promised her a ride home or to her party. He very well could be a predator. I just don't know why we can't see the possibility she was with him by choice. She very well could have been attracted to him & wanted to spend time with him. To me this would be the obvious reason she was with him. She had the opportunity to leave him.
I see this as a likely possibility as well, especially since she shared drinks with him.

If it did I dont recall it being mentioned in any of the post in the past 16 threads Ive read.

I posited in a few threads that if JLM ordered beers, either longnecks or a can (hey its a college town and PBR is cheap) that if would be really easy for him to sneak them out in a pants pocket.

I dont recall seeing anyone answer that question though.

I found the info. It's in aWashington Post story from Thursday. I'm on my phone and cant link.

I agree with you. And I can't say I'm a huge JM fan at this point, but I can't logically rule out premises that assert his innocence because of bias. For that matter, we also still don't know that Hannah didn't intend to meet up with him that night. I'm not saying that's what I think, but I am saying it is still a possibility. We know from one of Longo's pressers that they "have no reason to believe" that JM and Hannah knew each other prior to meeting that night. However, I don't believe LE has said publicly that they did not communicate in anyway before their first physical meeting. I have said it before, but perhaps they were matched on Tinder and were messaging each other from within the App. With what we've been told we really should consider all possibilities until they are logically ruled out.

What is the smoking policy there? If someone stepped outside for a cigarette they would have to leave their drinks in the bar correct?

ETA Does JM smoke? I don't remember reading about that.

If it did I dont recall it being mentioned in any of the post in the past 16 threads Ive read.

I posited in a few threads that if JLM ordered beers, either longnecks or a can (hey its a college town and PBR is cheap) that if would be really easy for him to sneak them out in a pants pocket.

I dont recall seeing anyone answer that question though.
Bessie has the story in the first post in this thread - interview with owner who states 2 beers. HTH!

12:18am: Tempo Restaurant
Computer records at Tempo show that at 12:18am, LJ Matthew uses his Visa card to purchase three bourbon shots. He drank one and passed two to others at the bar, one of whom was Dave Johnson.
According to the records that were shared with me by Cunningham, LJ ordered two drinks at 1:09am and paid for them exactly one minute later. The bartender rang them up at $7 a piece. Witnesses with whom I spoke do not recall whether they were beers or mixed drinks or one of each. And no one I spoke with recalls watching LJ drink one or both of those drinks. Nor does anyone recall him taking them outside to share with someone.
http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/

I don't know what drinks he bought for $7 each. ruling out soft drinks (free?) .How much is beer in VA?

What is the smoking policy there? If someone stepped outside for a cigarette they would have to leave their drinks in the bar correct?

ETA Does JM smoke? I don't remember reading about that.

Yes, JLM smokes.

From Coy Barefoot article, quoting doorperson, "Abby" (pseudonym):

“He came in alone,” she says. “He wasn’t really hanging out with any one group of people. He was dancing some. He was really sweaty. He kept coming out front to bum cigarettes from people who were smoking.”
“I was talking to this woman and her husband,” she continues. “I was talking with her about her hair, it was really short and pretty. I remember them because they had British accents. At one point, I remember [LJ Matthew] was dancing around outside, and he bumped into this British lady pretty hard, just as a way of getting her attention. He was kind of grabby with her, and asked her for a cigarette. Her husband was standing right there. He was like, ‘listen, you can’t treat people like that. You can’t just bump into someone. You need to ask politely if you want something.’ Someone finally gave him a cigarette, and I think he might have sat on the curb and had a few puffs before he got up and walked away. He was alone.”

Yes, JLM smokes.

From Coy Barefoot article, quoting doorperson, "Abby" (pseudonym):

“He came in alone,” she says. “He wasn’t really hanging out with any one group of people. He was dancing some. He was really sweaty. He kept coming out front to bum cigarettes from people who were smoking.”
“I was talking to this woman and her husband,” she continues. “I was talking with her about her hair, it was really short and pretty. I remember them because they had British accents. At one point, I remember [LJ Matthew] was dancing around outside, and he bumped into this British lady pretty hard, just as a way of getting her attention. He was kind of grabby with her, and asked her for a cigarette. Her husband was standing right there. He was like, ‘listen, you can’t treat people like that. You can’t just bump into someone. You need to ask politely if you want something.’ Someone finally gave him a cigarette, and I think he might have sat on the curb and had a few puffs before he got up and walked away. He was alone.”

Thank you, forgot about that! So I assume the policy is 'no drinks allowed outside'? Back in my drinking days, smoking was allowed inside. Not sure how it works now.

Thank you, forgot about that! So I assume the policy is 'no drinks allowed outside'? Back in my drinking days, smoking was allowed inside. Not sure how it works now.

Yeah you can't bring open containers outside in VA and you can't smoke in bars either.

The more I read of the timeline, the clearer everything gets for me. Just because Hannah was with JM at the bar ( yes I fully believe that Hannah was inside the bar) doesn't mean that she "wanted to be with him". I can totally see him approaching her in the Mall in a confident over friendly manner "hey baby girl where you rushing off to?" "Are these guys bugging you here stick with me I'll take care of you". "How 'bout we get a drink" "let me buy you a drink baby girl" "lets go this way" "c'mon". He was not threatening to her at all at the time. The fact that they were inside Tempo from 1:10 am to 1:45 am when she was seen leaving in such a bad shape and being led away by JM absolutely confirms to me that he drugged her drink. Half an hour before she was clearly seen on video walking unassisted and 30 minutes and one drink later she can't stand up on her own or walk. No bloody way IMO. What a disgusting soulless predator.

I agree with you. And I can't say I'm a huge JM fan at this point, but I can't logically rule out premises that assert his innocence because of bias. For that matter, we also still don't know that Hannah didn't intend to meet up with him that night. I'm not saying that's what I think, but I am saying it is still a possibility. We know from one of Longo's pressers that they "have no reason to believe" that JM and Hannah knew each other prior to meeting that night. However, I don't believe LE has said publicly that they did not communicate in anyway before their first physical meeting. I have said it before, but perhaps they were matched on Tinder and were messaging each other from within the App. With what we've been told we really should consider all possibilities until they are logically ruled out.

They didn't meet up, though — he deliberately changed direction to follow her on the video.

It's possible that she stayed with him at Tempo b/c she was attracted to him. Possible, but seems unlikely imo b/c she texted that she was lost and en route to a friend's party. Also, the way JLM sidled up to Hannah and put his arm around her waist suggests that he took charge of the situation, perhaps by offering to help her.

He was primed by the time he met up with Hannah, by that I mean, it sounds like he spent a good part of his evening behaving inappropriately at two bars - not respecting personal space, unwanted physical contact, having to be told "don't f*cking touch me", unexpectedly puts another guy in a wrestling hold; pulling the dude's hamstring. By the time that fateful moment (for HG) occurred on that downtown mall, he was probably ready to take his aggression to the next level :(

Let's *play pretend* for all the people that want to suppose Hannah had consensual sex with LJ and then later magically disappeared, through no fault of his own.

What kind of man has sex with a *student* almost *half his age* and doesn't even make sure that afterwards she gets home safely?

Pullleeeze.

This article states that the the receipt "suggests" he ordered two beers.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/26/hannah-graham-missing-student-uva/16249575/

I dont think it does. As someone who's been bartending in Va for 25 years, 7 dollars is insanely high for a beer...especially in a college town.

Not doubting you just doubting this article. When it originally came out it claimed that Hannah was drinking inside the restaurant.

Now it reads differently?.

I could be wrong but I suspect this particular reporter has no qualms about taking liberties with the truth.

Let's *play pretend* for all the people that want to suppose Hannah had consensual sex with LJ and then later magically disappeared, through no fault of his own.

What kind of man has sex with a *student* almost *half his age* and doesn't even make sure that afterwards she gets home safely?

Pullleeeze.

Yup! After the reports surfaced about sexual assault at Liberty, and then reading eye witness reports of his behavior at Tempo the night HG went missing; it struck me odd that so many refer to him as a gentle giant, yet, it doesn't appear that JM conducts himself as a gentleman with ladies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases
Back