Teresa N., Haleigh's paternal grandmother #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In TN's voice I could almost feel the tremor and un-certainty in her voice in that she wanted to answer to the best of her ability, but didn't want to step on any toes, or like she did say, "I don't want to say the wrong thing". Sort of felt sorry for her. We have no evidence TN is involved, she's the mother and grandmother, and she's in a horrible place to be.

Many of our great sleuthers of old aren't here anymore, don't know what or why. They were good at placing reasonable common sense theories out. In order to have a theory worth posting, it ought to have some sense to it, or at least a good reasoning behind the thinking. Even far fetched theories offered up in the past were good reading if it was delivered with the right intentions which was to solve the questions, and seek the truth for the crime victims. When that focus is lost on other agendas, the quality becomes poor, participation and interest wanes.
I had been wondering if the atmosphere here was different at one time. It is called teamwork I believe and it is something everyone has to agree to IMO. It is hard to work through the theories because someone takes offence and claims bashing and the forum is some how redirected towards some meaningless thought process or a refocuse on untruths.

I am deepy offended by that remark. :furious:
May I ask why?

It was not meant to be offensive at all.

I thought it was wierd the first time I heard it too, snookie! I was brought up in the NE where this form of address is not used. One of the project reps where I worked called me Miz and my first name. At first I thought he was kidding me, but then I heard him addressing a female manager the same way. This young man was very well mannered and grew up in a southern state. It's the way he was taught to address an older woman or a woman of some stature and is considered respectful.
Well, maybe so. I can certainly appreciate different perspectives. :)

Where I'm from in the south, a grown man would formally address a grown woman as "Ms. last name".

"Ms. Grace" would've been more respectful and appropriate, that's just my opinion.

It is not a term of servitude, it is something that people with good manners do anytime they are speaking to someone and its not a formal setting, but not a totally casual setting.
It is good, and polite to call a lady, Miss Lydia instead of Miss Jones in such a setting. Now if she was my teacher, I would say Miss Jones.

This is going to sound gruff and I don't want it to, but people from the North consider it silly and their children say huh, what, no, so and in my family that is just not acceptable.
Manners are good for everyone, and no one here thinks it sounds fake. JMO
Exactly, PorcineGranny. That's the way I was raised too.

~SNIP~

Where I'm from in the south, a grown man would formally address a grown woman as "Ms. last name".

"Ms. Grace" would've been more respectful and appropriate, that's just my opinion.
Actually, I am happy being referred to as Mrs. Lastname or Mrs Firstname or Ms Firstname by children or a young adult who doesn't know me very well, as opposed to being called by just my first name. I'm not comfortable being called by my first name by a 3 year old! It's not the way I was raised and it seems too familiar and disrespectful to be addressed that way by a child. So, any combination of Mrs or Ms and either name is at least a sign of respect.
I realize we are drifting OT here a bit, but IMO, the use of Ms Nancy is understandable and is considered a suitable address of respect by many folks, and Ms. Grace would have been fine, too.

Actually, I am happy being referred to as Mrs. Lastname or Mrs Firstname or Ms Firstname by children or a young adult who doesn't know me very well, as opposed to being called by just my first name. I'm not comfortable being called by my first name by a 3 year old! It's not the way I was raised and it seems too familiar and disrespectful to be addressed that way by a child. So, any combination of Mrs or Ms and either name is at least a sign of respect.
I realize we are drifting OT here a bit, but IMO, the use of Ms Nancy is understandable and is considered a suitable address of respect by many folks, and Ms. Grace would have been fine, too.

IMOO this whole "Ms. Nancy" issue is not indicative of anything and it certainly isn't an indicator/indication that the person using the term is a polite and/or respectful person below the surface and in all other areas of their life. I had the misfortune of living in the Northeastern part of Florida several years ago - and only for a very short time - an individual who always addressed me by Ms. (in front of my first name) broke into my online accounts - including my bank account - and stole nearly $5,000 from me. She worked as a bookkeeper for several small business owners whom I contacted after my ordeal to see if any of them had had any incidents with her. Initially they all admitted to some questionable entries (withdrawals . . .) on their accounts, following my conversation several had audits done which revealed, that in fact, this polite and seemingly respectful woman had been taking $$ from their accounts for her own personal use. Despite the combined thefts/extortions, she served zero time in jail. Her husband on the other hand was caught committing fraud by/against the U.S Navy and, to my knowledge, is still serving time in Charleston, S. Carolina in the brigs. Ironically (or not) 2 years ago I returned home from work to find a message on my answering machine from her :eek: these types are like warts that you just can't get rid of - anyhow her message began; "Ms. - - - - - - I've been meaning to call you because I recently found a check I thought I'd sent to you 5 years ago for repayment of the money that I "mistakenly" took from you but I came across it while packing to move . . . could you please call me at *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-xxxx so that I can get your correct address. I'd like to send you the money that I owe you but I'll have to send it to you now in incremental payments as I've had some extenuating circumstances. I'll explain it all to you when you call as it's a long story." Needless to say I never returned her call. The "it's a long story" part was a huge red flag; Long stories = Manipulation = Lies . . . With that said I hope we can all let the whole Ms. Nancy issue go. IMO it is not an indication of whether a person is, under the surface, polite and/or respectful . . . JMO

"With that said I hope we can all let the whole Ms. Nancy issue go. IMO it is not an indication of whether a person is, under the surface, polite and/or respectful" . . . JMO

ITA...or being honest and truthful.JMO

May I ask why?

It was not meant to be offensive at all.

It's all in how you are raised Snooks, if you've been to etiquette or refining school and where you were raised. I dated a guy who called me Miss shoegirl's real name until the day we broke up. My children would say Miss Grace or Ma'am.

Since 24 hours have been posted about this, maybe posters should think before posting and generalizing about people, when making assumptions.

FWIW - North Florida and North Central Florida, including Putnam County, is often described as being more like South Georgia. [See Pork Chop Gang on wikipedia or google for a general idea about this.]

Five generations from the Miami area would not be considered "southen", imo.

But I digress from the topic at hand.

I have never been able to pin down the address that Teresa gave on the police report that night, nor have I been able to confirm her employment at Alachua County Sheriff's Office on that date. Has anyone else been able to do so?

Depends on where the ancestors were originally from and how you are raised. we grew up with grits and collard greens, bicuits and gravy and Yes ma'am or you get smacked. Ancestors were farmers from GA and AL and family moved to Miami to work the rail yard and ship building. GGM had and family still owns cattle farm in Lawety.

Many of our great sleuthers of old aren't here anymore, don't know what or why. They were good at placing reasonable common sense theories out. In order to have a theory worth posting, it ought to have some sense to it, or at least a good reasoning behind the thinking. Even far fetched theories offered up in the past were good reading if it was delivered with the right intentions which was to solve the questions, and seek the truth for the crime victims. When that focus is lost on other agendas, the quality becomes poor, participation and interest wanes.

Warning this post is OT to TN in particular, read no further if you are not interested in an OT post please.

I snipped Kool Look's post simply for clarity, I did so respectfully.

Bolded words and Italics by me also.

Before comments are made that argue that the only agenda on Haleigh's threads are to bring her home, I want to say first that your post is insightful as to why we do not have a lot of the more seasoned posters posting here, and also the ones that followed WS for up to years before they joined to post.

Why did I (although I'm not such a seasoned poster) step away from these threads? Well, because I will call it as I saw it~ baiting and flaming and down right ranting over and over, and personal agendas that forbid any exploration of alternative theories and ideas to many posters.

Before it is argued that I am speaking out of turn, consider this: Tricia the owner of WS had to actually step in with the Admin and Mods of the Haleigh threads and give a clear message of stop the rudeness. IMHO that is ridiculous that they had to do that and we are lucky that they didn't just pull the subforum altogether as has been done in the McCain case. Yet even after that sticky was posted it continues.

So, today I spent quite a bit of time, scrolling through post after post of arguments about how statements from those involved directly with this case was worded. What each word means, what it "really" means defined by what "wasn't" said... and on to actual pages of posts that discuss the subtle differences in "manners" in North Vs. South Vs. Midwest, with personal anecdotes that are applicable to each region. I don't skip over anyone's posts because I never know if someone is going to also post something insightful and important.

All I'll say is I think if there is no more news forthcoming in this case, I'll go back to working on other missing persons cases where there aren't so many personal convictions and there is a shared sense of accomplishment expressed through just plain courtesy to other posters. Sorry for the OT post and thank you to our Mods that do all this for free. God Bless ya!

It's just a mistake, she doesn't live there. Just like the article yesterday stated LE talked to Tommy in MA.

Really? Then where does she live and why does everyone seem to get mixed up where she lives? I'll move this to the TN thread, though.

Why would anyone have a problem with posting the CITY that TN lives in? Not the exact street address, even, just the city. There was no objection to posting the EXACT address where poor little JR. is living! Does he not deserve more protection than his grandmother does?

It sure is mysterious how this can never be pinned down.

Somehow everyone in the media who lists TN's town is wrong, though. More coincidence!!!!

Her address is listed on the police report - someone has even gone out and taken pictures of her home as well as her mailbox with her name on it and posted them all over the internet- don't think it is any huge mystery where she lives.

Her address is listed on the police report - someone has even gone out and taken pictures of her home as well as her mailbox with her name on it and posted them all over the internet- don't think it is any huge mystery where she lives.

That just means she (maybe) owns the property; not that she resides on it. My father's name is still on his mailbox and he's been dead for 15 years.

I have seen the Rita address as Crescent City, Ponoma Park, and it appears Lake Como is in the same zip code as well - Lake Como is not Lady Lake that some have tried to say where TN lives.

Cities near (within 8 miles of center of) Satsuma FL zips: 32189
Crescent City FL
Lake Como
Palatka FL
Pomona Park FL
San Mateo FL
Welaka

I have seen the Rita address as Crescent City, Ponoma Park, and it appears Lake Como is in the same zip code as well - Lake Como is not Lady Lake that some have tried to say where TN lives.

Cities near (within 8 miles of center of) Satsuma FL zips: 32189
Crescent City FL
Lake Como
Palatka FL
Pomona Park FL
San Mateo FL
Welaka

Not according to this list........Lake Como seems to have its own zip code.
http://www.brainyzip.com/state/zip_florida.html

PDMBOCHHouseRitaLaneBridge064.jpg

nuff said. mail her something at that address I guarantee she will get it.

She probably will. Doesn't mean she lives there. My husband still gets mail here and he's been dead almost 5 years.

The very same address that we knew about over 6 months ago iirc.

The very same address that we knew about over 6 months ago iirc.

Oh well, I am not wasting anymore time arguing about where Teresa lives. They see the mailbox with her name on it and that's where she lives now and where she lived back in Feb. Ron's dad lives in Lake Como, Teresa lives at Rita Lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8