Teresa N., Haleigh's paternal grandmother #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think it would take a saint to wake up every morning and see the face of the person I thought knew or had something to do with my daughter missing.

Can you imagine the stress level at the GGM's house? :waitasec:
Neither is working...Lots of time on their hands.

People complained when Ron or Teresa wasn't on TV and complain when they are..

Put RC on TV w/o his attorney and let's get to the bottom of this. Instead we get TN defending RC and we get nothing. She knows where, why and who Misty is with...yet nothing.l She knew last time she went AWOL, as it was TN's boyfriend who paid (she says). MO is that the Cummings are paying out of donations, she doesn't want anyone to know so she says her "friend" and now a "independently wealthy husband of a friend" is paying for Misty....................WHY???

Why would anyone use their own money to give a POI of a missing child a vacation from it all.....????

............they wouldn't, but Teresa would..
............Wouldn't surprise me one bit if RC is with her again.

I think there is information that we don't know about and that is why Theresa is suddenly changing her tune on everything. It's either there is info we don't know about or Nancy Grace has convinced Theresa otherwise. I just find this sudden change in opinion of Misty's involvement is weird. Nancy Grace could have got through to her last week when she was trying to convince her that Misty knows something. Theresa might have been denying it on TV at the time in order to keep Misty from running even further away. JMHO here.

I really think it would take a saint to wake up every morning and see the face of the person I thought knew or had something to do with my daughter missing.

Think this is a double post as I read it three posts up. I know the site was giving problems yesterday, dunno.

Hard to know what Ron is thinking as he clearly intends on all his interviews to be about "Keeping Haleighs name and face out there in the public", and since this statement of keeping your enemies close wasn't one made directly from Ron to the public for our own viewing and consumption, I can't really determine how I feel about it for we got it hear say, not through live interviews, written statements or tapings.

Since this is the TN thread I want to make a comment even though it could also be said in the NG thread.

Every time I hear Nancy or whoever say that TN is joining them tonight I am a little surprised. I have to give her props for never turning down a chance to speak out for Haleigh. I am sure she knows that she will face extremely tough questions and open herself up for possible ridicule, but she doesn't let that stop her from showing up for Haleigh.

ITA, Teresa wants HaLeigh home. nothing else, and jmo does not care about anything else

I think there is information that we don't know about and that is why Theresa is suddenly changing her tune on everything. It's either there is info we don't know about or Nancy Grace has convinced Theresa otherwise. I just find this sudden change in opinion of Misty's involvement is weird. Nancy Grace could have got through to her last week when she was trying to convince her that Misty knows something. Theresa might have been denying it on TV at the time in order to keep Misty from running even further away. JMHO here.

Well, the sudden arrest of multiple Croslin relatives in multiple jurisdictions, the search of the pond, the towed car, etc. all suggest that something has changed in the investigation. It may be as simple as Ron and TN following LE''s lead--putting pressure on Misty until she cracks. As I keep saying--we don't know what's going on behind closed doors. For all we know, Ron is on her case 24/7. That's one of the advantages in the fact that neither of them is employed at the moment; there's literally nowhere Misty can go to get away from the pressure.

Have we confirmed Teresa's employment with ACSO - I realize she wasn't working there when Haleigh was reported missing [thx you, busy], but did she ever work for law enforcement?

iirc, Sheriff Hardy or one of the task force spokesmen announced in a presser right after TES left that they would be focusing on what happened in the MONTH before Haleigh was reported missing.

Wonder what that was about?

It is about what Teresa wants, I agree.

Yes, and besides wanting Haleigh returned, she is intent on defending her son and keeping him in the best light possible. I was not touched by her account of how her son does not do well at home outside the tv interviews. If he is having that much trouble, he should be sitting at the sheriff's office racking his brain about who might have taken his child and why.
jmo

I swear she is either talking to CA on the phone or has a copy of her playbook.

Both mothers are extremelyd dysfunctional and enmeshed with their adult child....and will do anything to make themselves and their volatile child appear in a favorable light....even lie and get rid of evidence. Everytime TN referred to the children as her own she made me shiver.

Keep in mind, RC never sat on the steps at the Sheriff's Dept. He has only talked X1 to FDLE since Feb/March and that was with Shoemaker present. For six months, RC didn't talk to them at all. TN tried to get info from LE but was led away after they found a device (allegedely) on her. It was at this point she hired an attorney.

Why do these people need attorneys....if they are innoncent? According to them, they passed a Poly and are not suspects. IMO, they heve them to watch over what they say and make sure they don't incriminate themselves or they need them to guide them on how to make money and how to secret it away w/o the public having the information. They need money to fight for custody of JR...er, you know to keep him in such loving and protecting circumstances. We have heard at nauseum how RC is a great provider and a loving and caring parent. He may need money to buy a better display case for his gun collection, hopefully one with a lock. He may need more tats and we know per TN, she told us in the beginning with the donations, he wants to buy his own place....what a guy!

I
Why do these people need attorneys....if they are innoncent? According to them, they passed a Poly and are not suspects. IMO, they heve them to watch over what they say and make sure they don't incriminate themselves or they need them to guide them on how to make money and how to secret it away w/o the public having the information.

Well, I'll tell you why I think they need attorneys. Tim Miller of TES has an attorney. He's not a criminal. I have an attorney and a list of other attorneys I have used in the past for specific problems. I'm not a criminal. My employer has a full-time attorney on staff. Attorneys provide legal advice not just on criminal matters, but on processes: how to get a divorce, buy property, negotiate contracts, behave in a traffic court hearing, process an estate after someone dies. Attorneys point out where ordinary people might run afoul of the law and not know it and where the government or a big corporation might be trampling on the rights of ordinary citizens. Attorneys mediate between their clients and other people, between their clients and government agencies (including LE), between spouses, between siblings, between their clients and employers, and so on. They draw up contracts and interpret documents so that clients don't sign away their rights. They give advice about the possible consequences of various courses of action. They teach clients how to present themselves in some of the most important public appearances in their lives. They file suits when clients have been damaged by individuals, governments and corporations.

Ron needs an attorney because as a parent he was/is a natural subject of investigation in a child's disappearance and even people who are fully cooperating with LE should have an attorney present. It is, after all, legal for LE officers to lie to people they consider suspects, to use deception, and to hold suspects for long periods of time without food, water and sleep. An attorney prevents innocent people from saying or doing things under duress that later can be used to convict the innocent. (See John Grisham's non-fiction book, The Innocent Man, for example.) He needs an attorney because he needs to appear on national television to keep his daughter's case in the news and thus needs advice on what to say to avoid (for example) violating the rights of others or hindering the investigation. (We can see a good example of what people shouldn't say when we look at Misty pointing at Crystal's family. Note that her attorney quit when she gave the interview. Ron and his mother never accuse others; their careful language infuriates some people but it's necessary.) He needs an attorney to set up any entity for accepting donations or for setting up a foundation, as many families of the missing have done.

If you are interested in well-written true crime stories, a book called A Rip in Heaven, by Jeanine Cummins, details the rapes and murders of the author's cousins, who were forced to jump off a bridge into the Mississippi River. Their male cousin was held at gunpoint during the attack and forced to jump with them. He was the only survivor of the attack and became the initial suspect because he survived. It took a tremendous attorney to get him out of jail and eventually get LE to look for the killers, who were found and convicted once LE started to investigate what the cousin told them. Another great attorney handled the prosecution, giving the family some measure of justice for the lives of two young girls. Innocent people need attorneys, too, for all sorts of reasons.

Yes, and besides wanting Haleigh returned, she is intent on defending her son and keeping him in the best light possible. I was not touched by her account of how her son does not do well at home outside the tv interviews. If he is having that much trouble, he should be sitting at the sheriff's office racking his brain about who might have taken his child and why.
jmo

From what I have seen, law enforcement doesn't want the victims and the families of victims camped out in their offices. In many cases, LE has little or no contact with families after carrying out the extensive interviews at the beginning of a case. Did anyone expect Elizabeth Smart's parents to camp out at the police station, even though it turned out that one of their children actually recognized the perpetrator, although she was so traumatized she didn't remember? Once witnesses have given their statements, their value to LE is minimal, as Ron's attorney said on NG tonight.

I agree that TN wants to present her son in the best light possible. That seems normal to me.

AZ I agree, his indifference is what is so frustrating. His words say he wants to find her, but his actions say he doesn't care.

I know if this was my child, what LE wanted would be the last thing I would consider. I would just want information and to help any way I was able. I don't see this with Ron.

AZ I agree, his indifference is what is so frustrating. His words say he wants to find her, but his actions say he doesn't care.

I know if this was my child, what LE wanted would be the last thing I would consider. I would just want information and to help any way I was able. I don't see this with Ron.

Not directing this at you Porcine, you made me think of something. Oh no! XXXOOO

I don't like to repeat a broken record, (old term), but how long did it take for RC to notice MC's inconsistancies? How long did he keep quiet? Why? Any proof would be appreciated at to why it took many months before he spoke up and did something to doubt MC. if he's innocent. Was it late March until late Sept. or Oct.? Thanks.

Quess so this doesn't get me in trouble, I would extend my question to Teresa and families....

Teresa and Ron both hired Defense attorneys.....doesn't that tell us something?

How many lawyers has the family had since the case started? Snider, NeJame Fields, Beardsly, Shoemaker....

......how many attorneys does a family of a missing child need?

Well, I'll tell you why I think they need attorneys. Tim Miller of TES has an attorney. He's not a criminal. I have an attorney and a list of other attorneys I have used in the past for specific problems. I'm not a criminal. My employer has a full-time attorney on staff. Attorneys provide legal advice not just on criminal matters, but on processes: how to get a divorce, buy property, negotiate contracts, behave in a traffic court hearing, process an estate after someone dies. Attorneys point out where ordinary people might run afoul of the law and not know it and where the government or a big corporation might be trampling on the rights of ordinary citizens. Attorneys mediate between their clients and other people, between their clients and government agencies (including LE), between spouses, between siblings, between their clients and employers, and so on. They draw up contracts and interpret documents so that clients don't sign away their rights. They give advice about the possible consequences of various courses of action. They teach clients how to present themselves in some of the most important public appearances in their lives. They file suits when clients have been damaged by individuals, governments and corporations.

Ron needs an attorney because as a parent he was/is a natural subject of investigation in a child's disappearance and even people who are fully cooperating with LE should have an attorney present. It is, after all, legal for LE officers to lie to people they consider suspects, to use deception, and to hold suspects for long periods of time without food, water and sleep. An attorney prevents innocent people from saying or doing things under duress that later can be used to convict the innocent. (See John Grisham's non-fiction book, The Innocent Man, for example.) He needs an attorney because he needs to appear on national television to keep his daughter's case in the news and thus needs advice on what to say to avoid (for example) violating the rights of others or hindering the investigation. (We can see a good example of what people shouldn't say when we look at Misty pointing at Crystal's family. Note that her attorney quit when she gave the interview. Ron and his mother never accuse others; their careful language infuriates some people but it's necessary.) He needs an attorney to set up any entity for accepting donations or for setting up a foundation, as many families of the missing have done.

I thought Tim Miller didn't need an attorney until Jose' decided to try to use him as part of his defense of KC.

Gotta give that Squires/Sykes/Cummings bunch credit - they certainly have their share of apologists.

jmo

Amen to that az...perhaps shades of Cindy A cloud my perception, but my my how some things ring so familiar you just can't discount them!
Perhaps Ron would do well to try and find work. I know others disagree and I know he would need something where he didn't have to deal front and center with people everyday...AND I know that any job is hard to find right now, but if as some say Ron has so much support in Satsuma (or even surrounding areas) surely someone can put him to work, for his own well being. When my oldest child passed away years ago, (he was not 'missing' of course, so I realize that there is a difference) work was my saving grace. I couldn't get back there fast enough. I do believe that it was the only thing that saved me from myself.

For some reason, I have never got the impression the "Work" was not up there in Ron's priorities EVER.

....he appears to more of the type that likes to make his money through lawsuits or by other means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shayput1996