Teresa N., Haleigh's paternal grandmother #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have driven that route any times and I drive fast. From the gate of PDM to my house in front of Rons the best I did was 19 minutes.. @3 being the worst.

Now the time to drive is down to 12 minutes. When we started the timeline research it was 16 minutes.

You say RC called her at 3:30...link please?

Amen to that az...perhaps shades of Cindy A cloud my perception, but my my how some things ring so familiar you just can't discount them!
Perhaps Ron would do well to try and find work. I know others disagree and I know he would need something where he didn't have to deal front and center with people everyday...AND I know that any job is hard to find right now, but if as some say Ron has so much support in Satsuma (or even surrounding areas) surely someone can put him to work, for his own well being. When my oldest child passed away years ago, (he was not 'missing' of course, so I realize that there is a difference) work was my saving grace. I couldn't get back there fast enough. I do believe that it was the only thing that saved me from myself.
I think it would be next to impossible for Ron to find a job at this point. No employer would want the drama that follows him around. I'm not saying the drama is Ron's fault, but it exists.

Kamky, I agree. Isn't that why he left the job he had when Haleigh disappeared? The employer would see his business--commercial and personal--all over the cable news and the internet. And of course Ron does not have a great education or many marketable skills other than youth and good health. It's not like he can gloss over his arrest record now, right? So the publicity over his missing child has made him far less employable than he was. Then there is that fact that nearly 10% of Americans who are in the labor market are out of work. That's not me being an apologist for Ron. I am simply not willing to crucify for not having a job and not looking hard enough for Haleigh at the same time.

Here's a question: what do we expect the parents of missing children to do? How does one search for a missing child, especially 9 months after the initial disappearance? I recall people roasting Beth Twitty for flying to Aruba, for going on TV, for criticizing the Aruban government, for trying to hold the three "men" last seen with her daughter accountable for their actions and statements. What did the Smart family do? She was held outdoors just three miles from the Smart home; there was a massive search with many volunteers and no one found her. Do we expect the parents of missing children to be out with weedwhackers? Breaking into homes of people in a 200-mile radius to search their basements? Putting up posters on top of the ones that are already up? LE gets tips every day about live Haleigh sightings. A parents could walk, drive, or rent helicopters to search and not find a child who had been drowned or buried. That is not to say that parents ever stop looking. But what parents DO to look for their child might vary from case to case: pushing LE when they ignore a lead (the Smart case); raising reward money (Brian Shaffer's family); using the internet and other media sources. What is clear to me is that these parents (and I mean the ones we all agree, with 20/20 hindsight were grieving and innocent) almost never find their own child. The best hope parents have is that LE will do a thorough investigation and that they can keep their child's disappearance in the national media so that alert individuals might notice something not quite right with the oddball neighbor or coworker or spot a bag that might have a body in it. I think both Ron and Crystal have gone on national TV and exposed themselves to terrible scorn and criticism in their efforts to find Haleigh. The single most painful interview I have ever seen was NG grilling Crystal and then just cutting her out of the show without another word. That had to be horrible for a mother with a lost child, just as the endless round of "why are you still married to Misty" questions had to be painful and humiliating for Ron. None of these people want to be Jon and Kate Gosselin. They just want their child back. And since this is the Teresa N. thread, that goes double for both grandmothers.

I think it would be next to impossible for Ron to find a job at this point. No employer would want the drama that follows him around. I'm not saying the drama is Ron's fault, but it exists.

Hi kamky! I would think that it would very hard for Ron to find work right now. Although I do believe that the drama IS his fault (moo)...and I'll go one step futher and say I imagine suspicion follows him as well. BUT, according to a post made by player the other night..that it was his opinion that Ron had much support locally. Maybe if player is still here or comes back he can tell us if that's still the case.

Kamky, I agree. Isn't that why he left the job he had when Haleigh disappeared? The employer would see his business--commercial and personal--all over the cable news and the internet. And of course Ron does not have a great education or many marketable skills other than youth and good health. It's not like he can gloss over his arrest record now, right? So the publicity over his missing child has made him far less employable than he was. Then there is that fact that nearly 10% of Americans who are in the labor market are out of work. That's not me being an apologist for Ron. I am simply not willing to crucify for not having a job and not looking hard enough for Haleigh at the same time.

Here's a question: what do we expect the parents of missing children to do? How does one search for a missing child, especially 9 months after the initial disappearance? I recall people roasting Beth Twitty for flying to Aruba, for going on TV, for criticizing the Aruban government, for trying to hold the three "men" last seen with her daughter accountable for their actions and statements. What did the Smart family do? She was held outdoors just three miles from the Smart home; there was a massive search with many volunteers and no one found her. Do we expect the parents of missing children to be out with weedwhackers? Breaking into homes of people in a 200-mile radius to search their basements? Putting up posters on top of the ones that are already up? LE gets tips every day about live Haleigh sightings. A parents could walk, drive, or rent helicopters to search and not find a child who had been drowned or buried. That is not to say that parents ever stop looking. But what parents DO to look for their child might vary from case to case: pushing LE when they ignore a lead (the Smart case); raising reward money (Brian Shaffer's family); using the internet and other media sources. What is clear to me is that these parents (and I mean the ones we all agree, with 20/20 hindsight were grieving and innocent) almost never find their own child. The best hope parents have is that LE will do a thorough investigation and that they can keep their child's disappearance in the national media so that alert individuals might notice something not quite right with the oddball neighbor or coworker or spot a bag that might have a body in it. I think both Ron and Crystal have gone on national TV and exposed themselves to terrible scorn and criticism in their efforts to find Haleigh. The single most painful interview I have ever seen was NG grilling Crystal and then just cutting her out of the show without another word. That had to be horrible for a mother with a lost child, just as the endless round of "why are you still married to Misty" questions had to be painful and humiliating for Ron. None of these people want to be Jon and Kate Gosselin. They just want their child back. And since this is the Teresa N. thread, that goes double for both grandmothers.

bbm~Not that I ever heard. IIRC, it was because he never contacted his employer.

Pondering, you remember correctly. I went back and looked at an article that said the employer would have tried to keep the job open if Ron had contacted them.

Well, I'll tell you why I think they need attorneys. Tim Miller of TES has an attorney. He's not a criminal. I have an attorney and a list of other attorneys I have used in the past for specific problems. I'm not a criminal. My employer has a full-time attorney on staff. Attorneys provide legal advice not just on criminal matters, but on processes: how to get a divorce, buy property, negotiate contracts, behave in a traffic court hearing, process an estate after someone dies. Attorneys point out where ordinary people might run afoul of the law and not know it and where the government or a big corporation might be trampling on the rights of ordinary citizens. Attorneys mediate between their clients and other people, between their clients and government agencies (including LE), between spouses, between siblings, between their clients and employers, and so on. They draw up contracts and interpret documents so that clients don't sign away their rights. They give advice about the possible consequences of various courses of action. They teach clients how to present themselves in some of the most important public appearances in their lives. They file suits when clients have been damaged by individuals, governments and corporations.

Ron needs an attorney because as a parent he was/is a natural subject of investigation in a child's disappearance and even people who are fully cooperating with LE should have an attorney present. It is, after all, legal for LE officers to lie to people they consider suspects, to use deception, and to hold suspects for long periods of time without food, water and sleep. An attorney prevents innocent people from saying or doing things under duress that later can be used to convict the innocent. (See John Grisham's non-fiction book, The Innocent Man, for example.) He needs an attorney because he needs to appear on national television to keep his daughter's case in the news and thus needs advice on what to say to avoid (for example) violating the rights of others or hindering the investigation. (We can see a good example of what people shouldn't say when we look at Misty pointing at Crystal's family. Note that her attorney quit when she gave the interview. Ron and his mother never accuse others; their careful language infuriates some people but it's necessary.) He needs an attorney to set up any entity for accepting donations or for setting up a foundation, as many families of the missing have done.

If you are interested in well-written true crime stories, a book called A Rip in Heaven, by Jeanine Cummins, details the rapes and murders of the author's cousins, who were forced to jump off a bridge into the Mississippi River. Their male cousin was held at gunpoint during the attack and forced to jump with them. He was the only survivor of the attack and became the initial suspect because he survived. It took a tremendous attorney to get him out of jail and eventually get LE to look for the killers, who were found and convicted once LE started to investigate what the cousin told them. Another great attorney handled the prosecution, giving the family some measure of justice for the lives of two young girls. Innocent people need attorneys, too, for all sorts of reasons.

Seriously this isn't the reason RC and TN hired defense lawyers. They were feeling heat and did what they always do when that happens - call a lawyer. It just seems so apparent that this bunch lives by the "don't snitch" motto. I'm starting to believe they'll never find Haleigh and justice will never be served. :banghead:

I'm just kicking the can here, but in the world where TN and Ron reside they don't automatically have an attorney on call. They call an attorney when they think they are in trouble. Remember Ron usually handles his problems himself, but this time, things were out of his ball park so to speak. JMO, thats all

Ho-hum, back on topic below the quote.

jmo - but if Teresa wants Haleigh back, she needs to fully cooperate with law enforcement, submit to polygraphs herself, and become more visible in the community that opened their hearts and their wallets to look for that child. It's my tax dollars [and yours, but more of mine] financing this investigation. A little bit of gratitude from Ronald and his family would go a long way in my mind. The lack thereof simply makes us think there's something not right in that family. jmo, of course.

Ho-hum, back on topic below the quote.

jmo - but if Teresa wants Haleigh back, she needs to fully cooperate with law enforcement, submit to polygraphs herself, and become more visible in the community that opened their hearts and their wallets to look for that child. It's my tax dollars [and yours, but more of mine] financing this investigation. A little bit of gratitude from Ronald and his family would go a long way in my mind. The lack thereof simply makes us think there's something not right in that family. jmo, of course.
1. And you know for sure she has not done these things?

2. Just curious, is this a requirement for the Cummings side of the family only?

2. Just curious, is this a requirement for the Cummings side of the family only?

Most of the discussion seems to center around someone local being involved. National news versus local news..........I'm just sayin'

1. Are you sure she HAS?

2. Yes, because they supposedly live here in Putnam County.

jmo

1. Are you sure she HAS?

2. Yes, because they supposedly live here in Putnam County.

jmo

I have no idea, it hasn't been released if she took a poly, and LE hasn't said she wasn't cooperating. Your post seemed to imply knowledge she wasn't doing these things.
And no offense, but I would hope all members of Haleigh's family would be grateful for the resources being used to find her.

No one seemed grateful that they spent the funds to search in Baker Co.....

but anyway, I would love to know why TN was so supportive of Misty until right before the divorce. It's not like all the information that came out wasn't known to her long ago.

I have no idea, it hasn't been released if she took a poly, and LE hasn't said she wasn't cooperating. Your post seemed to imply knowledge she wasn't doing these things.
And no offense, but I would hope all members of Haleigh's family would be grateful for the resources being used to find her.

During this time, though, we as citizens shouldn't be expecting them to have the ability to be feelin to grateful for too much. It's hard to feel "grateful" when your heart is ripped out of your chest and everyone believes you did the un-thinkable.

So I see a "double edged" sword in that from locals. THe cummings and Misty are the targets, literally, publically, by LE and we want them to show us some gratitude? LOL ok

Of course we don't know. We don't know who took polys, or how they did. I don't know that I have seen Teresa be publicly critical of LE. Others have been iirc.

but anyway, I would love to know why TN was so supportive of Misty until right before the divorce. It's not like all the information that came out wasn't known to her long ago.
bbm, you don't even want to know my opinions on this subject. I need to clean house, LOL hubby is mad at me :innocent: and I'm trying to figure out a way to get out of it.

Nothing towards you debs, I think what I bolded in your post, is a hot hot hot shameful issue, that I could blow a head gasket in talking about this divorce, and how TN and Ron has been acting lately. I have some I hold so responsible for this debacle, yes NG, this debacle.

Wasn't that search in Baker county a fake? I haven't seen it discussed here, just askin. Thanks have a beautiful day.

I guess since CS lives in that county it would be her side of the family thaty should be grateful for that search.

I guess since CS lives in that county it would be her side of the family thaty should be grateful for that search.

As a matter of fact, I believe it was reported that they were more than cooperative during the search and grateful to have the questions resolved over whether their property had been thoroughly searched.

Now if only we could figure out why Teresa was on national television repeatedly in the last 8 months supportive of her daughter-in-law....like I said, it isn't as though these questions regarding Misty were unknown to her.

IMHO TN needs to subject herself to the same LVA test that she requested Misty take that revealed she was lying..

That goes for her mother, her son, her daughter Crystal and her sister Katrina B... too....If and when they do and they ALL pass then I might believe they are not involved and covering for Ron C...JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKGunK