Terri and the gym

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes. And I believe it was more than going to the gym (which could have been to pick up donations or whatever) but rather the FB comment of "hitting the gym" so nonchalant that shocked people. MOO.

From what I remember TH made the post, don't remember which day but I think it was the Monday after Kyron went missing and supposedly went to the gym on Tuesday. On Wednesday, after the uproar, Kaine and TH went to the gym together, which I think was damage control. Media attempted to interview them and they didn't say a thing. The following Friday during the press conference LE said they had encouraged the H's to continue their life or something to that effect. I personally believe that TH's post was very nonchalant and direct that she was going to workout since she had been talking about participating in a bodybuilding contest next month. I don't think she realized how people would take that and that is why Kaine joined her the next day, to try to defuse the situation. They were both wearing work out gear and looked very much like they had been there to work out.

I doesn't bother me all that much. People who exercise at this level need it to feel normal. It's like eating or sleeping. I can imagine a scenario whereby their family or friends are telling them, "Look, you need to keep your strength up. You need to eat, get out for a moment and go to the gym. Then maybe you'll sleep tonight." These are serious body builder types, not just people who take a walk once a week. They may feel insane without the workout. Working out does all sorts of positive things to the brain chemistry. I forced myself to walk when I could during a horrible tragedy in my life and it helped me from losing it more than I already had.
I think the fact that the family and LE are so tight-lipped has some of us grasping at things that may not be too important. JMO.

I don't really see anything wrong with either of them going to the gym - in a stressful situation, working off the nerves makes sense - I just thought it was interesting that there had been so much said re TH being there, but little mention of the husband.

From what I remember TH made the post, don't remember which day but I think it was the Monday after Kyron went missing and supposedly went to the gym on Tuesday. On Wednesday, after the uproar, Kaine and TH went to the gym together, which I think was damage control. Media attempted to interview them and they didn't say a thing. The following Friday during the press conference LE said they had encouraged the H's to continue their life or something to that effect. I personally believe that TH's post was very nonchalant and direct that she was going to workout since she had been talking about participating in a bodybuilding contest next month. I don't think she realized how people would take that and that is why Kaine joined her the next day, to try to defuse the situation. They were both wearing work out gear and looked very much like they had been there to work out.

TH was talking about participating in a
bodybuilding contest next month?:laugh:

JMHO

If they went to the gym after kyron went missing maybe the police asked them to leave to search the house better?

I hate it when people judge others for their actions during stressful times. When my step-father died I was posting in a forum (not here, elsewhere) and people were jumping all over me claiming I was lying because who would be on the internet during a tragedy?

Fact is, I am always on the internet one way or another. There are a multitude of reasons why I was not doing something else. It was the middle of the night, my mom had been sedated, etc.

Also, I don't react like a "normal" person when tragedy strikes. I am stoic, I rarely cry or even react on the outside. It is just who I am.

I am not defending Terri, because I have no idea what is going on in this case. I am just saying that people do strange things for strange reasons.

I hate it when people judge others for their actions during stressful times. When my step-father died I was posting in a forum (not here, elsewhere) and people were jumping all over me claiming I was lying because who would be on the internet during a tragedy?

Fact is, I am always on the internet one way or another. There are a multitude of reasons why I was not doing something else. It was the middle of the night, my mom had been sedated, etc.

Also, I don't react like a "normal" person when tragedy strikes. I am stoic, I rarely cry or even react on the outside. It is just who I am.

I am not defending Terri, because I have no idea what is going on in this case. I am just saying that people do strange things for strange reasons.

I don't think that she was on the internet is the issue, it's WHAT she was posting... If this was me, because I'm on here a lot I may still be on, just not as often but I'd be keeping people up to date, begging for info, help, pictures, anything I could do. FB is huge, the internet has really gotten the word out plus rumors but still....

I hate it when people judge others for their actions during stressful times.

sbm

I'm glad you brought this up 'cause I've been wanting to comment on this idea for a while.

imo, what one does when a loved one dies -- especially an adult or elderly person under non-suspicious circumstances, is COMPLETELY different than what one does when a loved one--especially a child -- goes missing, particularly under suspicious circumstances. In the first case, you know what happened and why, and you know there's absolutely nothing you can do. The second situation is quite the opposite of that.

The same applies to "you don't know how you would act if your child went missing because that's not happened to you." I think almost every mother has had a child go missing, even if it was for just a moment. And we ALL know how we reacted to just that short-lived disappearance. Also, we might not be able to say exactly what we WOULD do, but I'd bet we can say with certainty what we WOULDN'T do....that would include worrying about clean sheets (or sleep for that matter) or "hitting the gym." And the list goes on.

jmojmojmo

Some people go to the gym for stress release, as well as to "muscle up" or tone up or whatever. I think what upset many folks is that we were told she went to the gym Friday after it was discovered Kyron didn't attend school that day and hadn't been seen since she left him there.

I have no idea when she/they actually went to the gym. If it were a few days later, I would assume it's a way she/they relieve stress. The same day, questionable. :confused: Not being a gym fan, I can only guess. :confused:

Excellent post, wondering1. How many times have any of us lost a child, a pet, for a moment and panic set in? I've experienced both several times. Let's just say "everything" was dropped until my child and pet were found, fortunately within minutes.

I also had the terrible experience of two friends "disappearing" for three days. Pandemonium all around. They were found dead. Believe me, I and everyone who knew them, especially their families were totally useless after that. Before that, it was constant searching. Who had time for anything else? Constant phone calls, driving the neighborhoods where we lived, where they were supposed to go, where they were last seen, talking to everybody....

I don't think that she was on the internet is the issue, it's WHAT she was posting... If this was me, because I'm on here a lot I may still be on, just not as often but I'd be keeping people up to date, begging for info, help, pictures, anything I could do. FB is huge, the internet has really gotten the word out plus rumors but still....

I wasn't commenting on her postings on facebook. I was just speaking on the visit to the gym. I was just giving a personal example of something viewed as a "strange thing" to do during a tragedy.

Although I realize people work out to relieve stress ( we all have our things...I prefer a beer), this was just days after Kyron went missing. I, personally, couldn't imagine focusing on anything other than finding my Son...for a long while. I know people have different ways with dealing with stress, but having a missing child isn't like a stressful week at work. I don't get it, and never will unless I am in that position. Some times I think my "hinky meter (as you all say)" is broken because I have a hard time telling if Dad is just not an emotional person or if he is involved in some way. Forcing myself to think he has no idea and just wants his boy home. Pretty sure that's the case...at least I want to believe it.

I don't think it's a matter of relieving stress, I think it's about feeling in control. I've gone on intense bike rides before when loved ones were very ill because it somehow satisfied a need for control during a time when I had no control over what was happening. I agree it would be a little different if my child were missing but at the gym you would still be in phone contact. I know I wouldn't write on Facebook something as flippant as "hitting the gym" but sometimes strange things just slip out I guess.

I don't think it's a matter of relieving stress, I think it's about feeling in control. I've gone on intense bike rides before when loved ones were very ill because it somehow satisfied a need for control during a time when I had no control over what was happening. I agree it would be a little different if my child were missing but at the gym you would still be in phone contact. I know I wouldn't write on Facebook something as flippant as "hitting the gym" but sometimes strange things just slip out I guess.

That's understandable. I have always been the type of person to not panic, in any situation...or worry unless I know there is an absolute need to worry. Some might take it as not caring, but for me it's self preservation. I was sick for years due to stress and worry, so I learned to deal with it better. We all have our ways.

I hate to speak my thoughts too much online about others because this chit will be here for almost forever. I don't care for crow, and I don't care for scarring innocent people.

sbm

I'm glad you brought this up 'cause I've been wanting to comment on this idea for a while.

imo, what one does when a loved one dies -- especially an adult or elderly person under non-suspicious circumstances, is COMPLETELY different than what one does when a loved one--especially a child -- goes missing, particularly under suspicious circumstances. In the first case, you know what happened and why, and you know there's absolutely nothing you can do. The second situation is quite the opposite of that.

The same applies to "you don't know how you would act if your child went missing because that's not happened to you." I think almost every mother has had a child go missing, even if it was for just a moment. And we ALL know how we reacted to just that short-lived disappearance. Also, we might not be able to say exactly what we WOULD do, but I'd bet we can say with certainty what we WOULDN'T do....that would include worrying about clean sheets (or sleep for that matter) or "hitting the gym." And the list goes on.

jmojmojmo

**after watching Kaine tonight, I'm still convinced he has the smarts to do this - and that Terri is a casualty - Desiree is the real target. But nothing more than an opintion**

In light of my personal opinion on who's responsible - I thought there were several things announced - as if to let someone know where they would be, if someone else had Kryon, they could leave him there knowing mom and dad would be there shortly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back