Terri 's e-mails on KATU 08.09.2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that the first part of her email is very detailed, with explainations and placing someone else with Kyron. Then, the second half, is just half-baked short sentences...no real details.

To me, this says that she's more defensive about the later part of the day, because she's not sharing "details" If this second part followed the same pattern as the first, it would have sounded something like "Baby K was just screaming her head off. I spend 20 minutes on the side of the road trying to get her to calm down, but she was just so over-tired and her ears hurt. So I drove around [street names/general area] for about 30-40 minutes hoping she would take a nap. But that didn't work either, so I thought maybe she might be happier at the gym playroom...she likes it there. So I worked out for an hour, and then came home and finally got her down for a nap. I uploaded pictures from the SF, and showed them to KH when he got home around 2-2:15. Then, at 3:30, we got Baby K up from her much needed nap, and went to meet Kyron at the bus stop. That was my day."

I'm not sure if I see it as that strange. Kyron was marked absent at 10, so presumably whatever happened to him would have had to have happened before that. So, especially at that stage, the big question (from LE and others) would have been "where were you between the time you left the school and 10 am". Obviously she didn't snatch Kyron after she was back home on the computer/with Kaine, so there would have been less concentration on those times, and more on what she was doing before 10. I would imagine she was asked repeatedly "where did you go when you left the school".

Someone just mentioned the "5th interview" that Terri talks about in email... And brought to mind something I originally had thought[the wee hours this morning when I first read it]...

Was anyone else alarmed or thought odd of that these emails are supposed to be from June 5th, 24hrs after "disappearance" and Terri is on her 5th interview with LE. Maybe thats normal, but it sounded alarming to me...
Anyone?
I think they may have gone over everything she could remember a few different times as a normal part of the process. Then after they noticed some inconsistencies or something suspicious in her behaviour she was subjected to extra interrogations (and she obviously realized their attitude towards her had changed).

SHE did not diagnose Kyron with seizures. That was speculation from posters here who said it sounded like mini-seizures, so I guess the posters are all doctors?
And any mother can tell if a baby is having an earache, there are certain signs you look for... redness, baby pulling at the ear, crying.

actually i think she said the doctor thought it might be seizures and made an appt for him the next week...

What is getting to me about the email, is that she drove around to get her daughter to sleep, then went to the gym and put her daughter in their care. Maybe it is the "fretful" mom in me, but if my child were not well, I would keep her at home. I don't even think they would take a "sick" child into their responsibility. Not to mention if she brought her to the school, too.

Honestly, if my child was missing, I was innocent, and LE seemed focused on me, I would probably be hostile. I would be flat-out pissed off. I would be frustrated. I would be cooperative and tell my story over and over, but it probably would frustrate the hell out of me. I would be devastated, horrified, distraught, emotional, and scared, too, but I think I would be angry if I was innocent and I felt LE was not taking my statements at face value. I would feel like they were wasting time.

I believe it's possible that Kyron was having some medical issues. Kaine and Desiree have spoken about Kyron's difficulty following directions, him crying when going for and returning from visitation. There seemed to be some issues there. From what I understand, Kyron has extremely poor eye sight and based on pictures has worn glasses from a very young age. I wonder if there could be a medical reason behind it other than simple vision loss? I just don't understand why Terri would create such an elaborate set of symptoms. There are so many other reasons he could've needed a doctor's appointment that are much less complicated. This is also easily verifiable. Also, I didn't read her explanation of Kyron's symptoms as an explanation of or possible reason for him missing, I read her explanation of his symptoms as the reason for the doctor's appointment. I think that's an important distinction.

I went to Target yesterday for Tylenol Sinus. They were out. I went to another store in search of the product. I couldn't find it, and so I bought something else. I have my receipts.

If Terri had already been questioned several times, and had produced receipts and whatnot to support her timeline, then she probably did know the exact times and was well-versed about her day. It's interesting that she was pretty clear about her day from the get-go. Whether it's believable or not is a separate issue, but from June 5, she claimed she was driving baby K around to soothe her. I'm thinking the issue is more about when she said she was certain places.

I'm a big fan of context. IMHO, the e-mails should've been released in their entirety, so that Terri's mindset could be more accurately gauged. There's enough sensationalism in this case. Terri doesn't need any help looking guilty, IMHO. If she was worried about Kyron or expressed concern for his well being, those portions of the e-mails should've been published. If the recipient of the e-mail specifically asked Terri what was going on, that portion should've been published. I know from following this case that Terri was being blamed right away on the 'net, so I don't find her comment about being blamed on the blogs unrealistic, but I wonder if she made that comment in the June 5 e-mail or at some other time, which is why it was presented the way it was in the news report.

Also, the male chaperone. I got nothin', but it's interesting for sure.

Having said all that, the fence is getting really wobbly.

Because their goals are far different from ours. In the TV world, 30 seconds is a loooong time. And it's expensive time too--ask advertisers who pay for shows and news.

And their goal isn't to provide all the truth, the absolute truth. Sadly, TV news has become infotainment. And they edit to produce the most drama, the things that they can tease and that will get people interested to tune in and stay with their broadcast.

One time Saturday Night Live did a brilliant parody of TV news in which they did a broadcast that was nothing but teasers. Too believable.

The use of every block of time in TV is planned and scripted to fit the time slot and the blocks within that. So you got for the biggest bang you can get out of the time allotted for that story.

Sad, but true.

But the story wasn't on air, it was on their website and all they had to do was create a link to view the emails. Practically "no cost" to KATU unless of course they paid money for the emails IF they have the emails. :crazy:

I wish we knew the sources for the Terri timeline we discussed in that thread, because this account differs from that in some details.

Peeps -

This is turning into a general discussion thread. :nono:

It's time to break out this thread into appropriate topics. Please bump a thread for the topic you want to discuss (i.e., the Dr.s appt) or if there is not a thread on the topic, create a new one.

Thank you.

Also bothers me that she said, "as I watched him walk down the hall". Not "as he walked down the hall." I don't have a firm reason for thinking that's odd, but it hits my "ear" wrong.

Yes! Generally, you'd say "he walked down the hall." Perhaps it's because she'd been interviewed by LE several times already and asked "what did YOU do" at each point in her version of what happened at school that morning. But seeing it written that way is very odd--focused on herself and defensive.

But the story wasn't on air, it was on their website and all they had to do was create a link to view the emails. Practically "no cost" to KATU unless of course they paid money for the emails IF they have the emails. :crazy:

Yes, the story was on air. Many of us watched it live streaming.

As to why they edited like they did--you'd have to ask them. And most likely their legal department.

I agree that people are making assumptions. However, please help me with this...another poster (sorry I forget who you are and could never go back through all these pages) asked whether TH was even a real suspect at the time of these FB quotes. I mean being questioned 5 x does not really make you a suspect, does it? When you were the parent who last was seen with the child? So it would seem odd for her to make defensive statements before anyone even knew she had something to defend. Am I mistaken or did the public not even really know she was really being looked at until the flyers were distributed asking people if they seen her that day?

Unless DY was already accusing her to LE. DY stated she was suspicious of TH when she got the very first call from the school and weren't DY and TY staying at the Horman's home in the beginning. I bet that house was fully ready to explode!

What is getting to me about the email, is that she drove around to get her daughter to sleep, then went to the gym and put her daughter in their care. Maybe it is the "fretful" mom in me, but if my child were not well, I would keep her at home. I don't even think they would take a "sick" child into their responsibility. Not to mention if she brought her to the school, too.

It was the no go part that strikes me as odd. Like, no go as in she didn't get her baby to sleep? Not an ideal time to go to the gym and leave a possibly sick toddler in the daycare but it's not a good idea when the child needs a nap and hasn't slept, even if they're not sick.

I completely agree... if baby K was feeling badly enough for her to drive to 2 stores to look for the meds, it seems waaaaay unlikely that she'd take her the gym. I'm a pretty loose mom, not one to over worry a situation, but I wouldn't do it, not the gym. The school, yes, b/c leaving her was likely not an option and skipping the whole event would have impacted my other child. Plus, I'd be with her and she would, for sure, have been in a stroller where she could relax. There is NO WAY.. NO HOW I'd go to an chaotic event like that with a toddler that age walking or being carried... it would NEVER happen, she would be strapped in to that stroller the entire time, b/c it would take 100% of my attention and energy to keep her from getting trampled or otherwise hurting herself bonking into the nine million things that would be exactly at toddler head level. There would be no point whatsoever in my even being there. If baby K was there, in the school, (which I'm still not willing to say is a for sure fact) she was in a stroller where she might have been ok, kicked back with her apple juice sippie and a snack cup of cheerios.

But to leave her in the gym play area... noisy, boisterous, usually mostly plastic surfaces (like gym mat kind of stuff) while she was feeling bad.. no.. I can't imagine that, not unless I had some VERY compelling reason that did not involve an elliptical machine.

“I didn’t just drop him off, I spent time with him, took pictures and he was in safe hands I thought as I watched him walk down the hall. Kids saw him after I left. Teacher put him as absent at 10am. Someplace between 9-10 is when we think it happened. I have a receipt showing I was checked out at Fred Meyer 7 miles away at 9:12am. I went to another FM looking for meds for Baby K they didn’t have at the first FM. Then I was trying to get Baby K to…

… sleep in the truck for a few minutes, but no go, so off to the gym at 11:20. Out at 12:20. Home at 12:45. Kaine home at 2. Bus at 3:30. That was my day – they keep asking me. Now on my 5th interview with them…”

IMO, this is an e-mail expressing hostile sentiment. As far as I'm concerned, these are not the words of someone who is concerned about the safety & well-being of a little boy who is missing. IMO, these are the words of someone who is angry, resentful, & worried that their statements to LE (and to others) is not believed, and who is also angry & resentful that they have been interviewed by LE *5 times* since Kyron went missing.

It's likely that LE interviewed several other people multiple times during the first 24 hours.

What's interesting is that TH is the one who complained about it in e-mails.

This e-mail was sent the very next day after Kyron went missing.

What I wonder is: to whom was this e-mail sent?

.......or it could be that someone threw an accusation in her face and having realized that her husband and Kyron's mother were willing to think such things of her, she was listing in clipped tones what it was she saw and did that day to the best of her ability, still trying to make sense of it all in the first place and how her actions could cause anyone to believe she would be capable of doing anything to Kyron.

I tell you what.......I don't like being accused of something I haven't done, and I react quite similarly. Granted, I've never had a child disappear from me for more than an hour, but ask the folks at the Seattle Zoo how I responded. They'll remember me, I'm sure. They asked me repeatedly where we were, what we were doing, what was he wearing, did he have any medical issues, could I be more specific, would I please stop yelling (I was in literally a storage closet and I'm claustrophobic; I had to think of me then). I listed. I was clipped. I gave them what they wanted to know. I explained myself and my choices for what we'd done. I mentioned anyone who I thought was suspicious (sorry about that, guy in gray shorts and black socks with sandals). I figured the more they knew, the better chance they had to find him.

He was with the giraffes. He's 6'3" now, I suppose he got some useful information on growth from them.

I went to Albertson's yesterday to get infant Tylenol or Motrin and they were ALL out....Rite-Aid was out too.....Walgreens finally had both but only the generic form, which was fine with me. I'm not saying that I don't think that she was involved b/c I totally do!!! However, it can happen....it happened to me just yesterday.[/QUOTE

In case no one has posted this yet: there are current recalls by manufacturers for most childrens tylenol, motrin, and store brands that are made by these mfg'ers.

Store managers are beside themselves to get product to fill shelves, however due to purchasing agreements they cannot replace the label or fill in with other brands.

http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/new_recall.inc

OME

Yes, the story was on air. Many of us watched it live streaming.

As to why they edited like they did--you'd have to ask them. And most likely their legal department.

Thank you. I wasn't aware of the live streaming of the report as I am on the east coast when news was aired. I based my comment solely on the article on their website, of which, they still could have linked to the emails.

In TH's own words, how WOULD a teacher get it wrong that she said she was going to a dr.'s appt w/Kyron as opposed to that she was going to look @ the exhibits ?

Setting up excuses/alternate explanations for Kyron's disappearances:

Male chaperone and 2 girls
Kyron's bookbag and coat still @ school
Health Problems

She seem awfully laid back when talking about Kyron---this was the day after and she was talking about being on the BLOGS not WHERE IN THE HECK IS KYRON????

I think the "I watched him walk down the hall" part is significant in that she didn't just leave him there and let him wander off at will, she kept watching him and would presumably have seen if he went somewhere he wasn't supposed to, instead of his classroom, or if a male chaperone grabbed him there. So did he ever end up there in his classroom? If not, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed