Terri very upset in the weeks before Kyron's disappearance

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Except, Kaine claims he was sent away after kyron went missing.

I'll be honest here. I don't know who the hell to believe anymore. But I'll say this... the boy's father has the least reason to lie about this out of any of 'em. He also would have heard directly from his son what was going on. So I'm sticking with his version of events.

both statements seem to back the other up imhoo:

1)Kaine sends him back home
2)birth dad brings him home after hearing the yelling in the background and the hoopla.

blended fathers agreeing on the best course of action for a teen who was already uprooted from his school and home allegedly due to:

a)'butting heads with Kaine'

b) 'slipping grades'

sounds like a smart collaboration to me. MOO

I just wonder why Kaine was saying that everything was fine with Terri's son? Was he trying to divert possible cause (of a possible motive) away from himself?

TH tried to hire a hit man BEFORE her son moved with his bio dad. Seems to me she was "upset" before her son moved.

I don't think he lied. I think maybe Terri lied. I suspect she controlled communication with father Tarver.

Living with a 16 year old boy myself at the moment, sometimes when they get mad, they don't know WHO they're mad at. It would be easy for Terri to describe scenes to her ex-husband that made it sound like Kaine was to blame.

I am going to guess that J butted heads with both of them, and that the family dynamics in that house were complex, to say the least.

Yes, I was just about to post the same thing when I saw your post. My husband and I are living with two teenage boys right now and before that a teenage girl, all of whom are our own biological children, and that is not easy. We debate parenting issues on a daily basis sometimes, and the kids never think anything is fair enough for them, and blame switches from one parent to another as things unfold.

So it seems normal to me that everyone is butting heads all the time - raising teens is not for the faint of heart.

What I see that's important in this new testimony before the GJ is that Terri was spouting off to more than one person and blaming Kaine for their family problems. I see that as a possible motive. That's not to say that Kaine didn't have issues with the family dynamics, but it sounds to me as if TH was having a really hard time getting over a family decision to send the boy to his father.

I can also see that Desiree might hold out hope that Kyron might have been been "stashed" somewhere as twisted blackmail over bringing home Terri's own son. But in my opinion the reality of that is looking more and more unlikely at this point, especially after reading about the searches this weekend which are mainly in the woods near the school.

Once Kaine filed for divorce and took the baby with him, what is the point of the "stash" theory? It then becomes simple revenge, which is also a motive.

Not looking too good for TH.

I wonder how the MFH is connected to Kyron's disappearance. I can see how sending her own son away would get him out of harm's way and ensure that he couldn't be a witness or killed. And if she had waited a few days, she could have found a way to send Kyron on a camping trip or a long weekend with someone. So that doesn't work as an explanation for me. I can see stashing him with someone else so that DY can't take custody if Kaine was killed. But that is so freakin' convoluted.

One thing to consider is that IF a person is capable of disappearing a child, they're certainly capable of telling stories about goings-on in their home. It's possible whatever Tarver knows, he was told by Terri (i.e., may not have had any conversations at all with Kaine about the matter).

Well sure, and clearly TH is good at manipulating people for her own gain. I'm not believing any reports that come from things TH told acquaintances. I'm sure her son butted heads just as much with her as Kaine.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/tag/ron-tarver/

http://wweek.com/editorial/3634/14214/

Tarver says Terri Moulton Horman sent the boy to Roseburg in March this year because his grades were slipping and he was acting out at home.

“He and Kaine on occasion butted heads, because the boy is hard-headed,” Tarver says.

-----

Tarver said Terri Horman had sent her son to live in the southern Oregon town of Roseburg last March because the boy’s grades at Lincoln High School in Portland were dropping and he was acting out at home, including butting heads with his stepfather, Kaine Horman. Tarver said the boy was living nearby with Terri Horman’s parents but frequently visited Tarver’s home.

With the latest news that Terri Horman relocated over the weekend to her parents’ home in Roseburg, we wondered whether the boy is still living in that same house. A judge has placed a restraining order on Terri Horman telling her to stay away from Kaine Horman and their 19-month-old daughter.

Reached by phone today, Tarver tells WW the boy moved out of Terri Horman’s parents’ house and into the Tarver house sometime in the past month. Tarver declined to elaborate on when the move happened or why, but he said it was before Terri Horman moved to Roseburg over the weekend.

Well I'll be a Monkey's Uncle. If my son was doing bad in school, would I send him away, confusing him even more. NO! If J is being shuffled around from step-dad, to dad, to grandparents, it's no wonder. I feel extremely sorry for J, and this whole case is only going to make it worse. I hope someone takes the time to sit down with him, help him with his homework, get the proper tutoring -- you know...things parents are supposed to do :(

MOO

Mel

There is one thing that gobsmacks me in the statement from TH's friends...
They all say" Terri said "!

As far as I'm concerned and this is strictly MY opinion- I haven't been impressed with her honesty so I suspect she was laying the groundwork for a cunning plan iniated some time ago which included manipulating anyone she could.

I'm not buying that she was that upset about this. She had a bigger plan in the works. This is just what she verbalized to anyone who would listen. She compartmentalized to each person what she wanted them to see and hear. I do think this will come back to haunt her as it would not only gain her sympathy from the friends at the time...it also can go toward motive now...

I have not heard Kaine say that - but I believe he must be referring to when J came back to the Horman home after his camping trip, and J's dad heard Terri yelling in the background over the phone. Does that make sense?

That's my understanding, too. He was already living with his dad by that time and came to visit the Hormans just after Kyron disappeared. Because of all the media attention, they all decided it was best for him to go back to his dad's. I've never seen where Kaine claimed that was "the" point in time he was sent to live with his dad, just that this particular visit was cut short.

snip:

“He and Kaine on occasion butted heads, because J is hard-headed,” Tarver says.

Trouble hit home again when Kyron disappeared. The day after Kyron vanished, Tarver says, J went to the Hormans’ house for a previously planned weeklong visit.

Tarver says on June 8, four days after Kyron disappeared, J called him from the Hormans’ house...

Snipped also to remove name of minor.

Well I'll be a Monkey's Uncle. If my son was doing bad in school, would I send him away, confusing him even more. NO! If J is being shuffled around from step-dad, to dad, to grandparents, it's no wonder. I feel extremely sorry for J, and this whole case is only going to make it worse. I hope someone takes the time to sit down with him, help him with his homework, get the proper tutoring -- you know...things parents are supposed to do :(

MOO

Mel

I hope to goodness he is getting appropriate counseling. Brother gone, mother suspected, family in total upheaval and turmoil. I pray he won't have to go before the GJ, but it's definitely a possibility. That poor boy has had a hell of a lot thrown at him. Whoever is responsible for this mess has hurt him immeasurably, too!

It wasn't summer though. It was in March.

I'm just not understanding any of this.

Kyron disappeared June 4th. A "couple" months[the use of a "couple" as in these terms loosely describing an amount usually means 2-3] If teenage son left the home in March, then, April and MAy make 2 months before Kyrons disappearance that occured the first part of June.

So, it does add up[to me] that Terri's son left the home a "couple" of months before Kyron disappeared..

Maybe TH's friends at the gym and TH's ex-husband were getting their info from TH herself and didn't think to question what she said.

She could've been telling all kinds of fibs and whoppers to all of them. I think a lot of people are now reflecting on every single thing she did and every single thing she said to them.

snip:

“He and Kaine on occasion butted heads, because J is hard-headed,” Tarver says.

Trouble hit home again when Kyron disappeared. The day after Kyron vanished, Tarver says, J went to the Hormans’ house for a previously planned weeklong visit.

Tarver says on June 8, four days after Kyron disappeared, J called him from the Hormans’ house...

Snipped also to remove name of minor.

bouncing off your post

that all fits with what Kaine said IMO

Kaine's perception of 'butting heads' might be different than J's. Teenage boys tend to butt heads with most adults in their life. Kaine perhaps was enforcing house rules and J. might have been rebelling.

I don't understand where people are thinking that Kaine in any way lied.

I wonder how the MFH is connected to Kyron's disappearance. I can see how sending her own son away would get him out of harm's way and ensure that he couldn't be a witness or killed. And if she had waited a few days, she could have found a way to send Kyron on a camping trip or a long weekend with someone. So that doesn't work as an explanation for me. I can see stashing him with someone else so that DY can't take custody if Kaine was killed. But that is so freakin' convoluted.

A good theory that ties it all in together is in one of the older comments at the article link below.
It's by cpsinvestigator on August 9 at 5:33pm -sure made me think about it.

http://www.kgw.com/news/2nd-person-seen-in-Terri-Hormans-truck-100301534.html

Sounds to me like Terri hatred of Kaine has been building for some time and that she is extreeeeeemely passive aggressive.

Obviously her intense rantings about Kaine to her close friends solidified their support (at least until some realized what is probably really going on).

I have not heard Kaine say that - but I believe he must be referring to when J came back to the Horman home after his camping trip, and J's dad heard Terri yelling in the background over the phone. Does that make sense?

The way he answered the question. I have to go search for the interview. It was the audio from the Oregonian. (hopefully they've printed a transcript; don't think I can handle listening to all that again)

Sounds to me like Terri hatred of Kaine has been building for some time and that she is extreeeeeemely passive aggressive.

Obviously her intense rantings about Kaine to her close friends solidified their support (at least until some realized what is probably really going on).

I am a musician (play the concert baritone)

this ((moo)) is the crescendo to the act.

again moo

The way he answered the question. I have to go search for the interview. It was the audio from the Oregonian. (hopefully they've printed a transcript; don't think I can handle listening to all that again)

I believe she wasn't yelling as much as she'd overheard J talking to his dad about the poly's and other stuff, and Terri was telling him not to say anything.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/day_of_kyron_hormans_disappear.html

"A question from one of our viewers: Why was [Terri's son] sent to Roseburg?"

At 21:39.

IMO, Kaine was being deceptive and side-stepping the real question, at the very least, by referring to sending the boy back after Kyron went missing when it's clear the question was why was he sent there in the first place (hence the reporter's followup about 'butting heads'... something that came from the boy's father regarding why he was sent away in MARCH).

Too bad the reporter didn't call him on this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back