Terri's Armchair Psych Profile

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I found it. There is an article here, along with an MP3 (the audio of which is so low, I can barely hear it on my computer).

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/day_of_kyron_hormans_disappear.html

This is what I heard:

At about 18:00 minutes + into the interview
I could not hear the question. But, they had been talking about K and the answer was:

Kaine: "Her demeanor, she's a new kid. She's a whole new kid.

Desiree:"Yeah, she is."

Hard to know what time period he was comparing her demeanor to, but since Kyron had been missing for 3 + weeks at the time he spirited her away from her home, I would think that those 3 weeks in particular were probably fairly chaotic, and at the very least unusual, not the normal routine for anyone in the household. So, I don't place a whole lot of meaningful anything on his observation or conclusion unless I knew much more. In addition, had Desiree spent alot of time with baby K? How would she know?

Kids are kind of like dowsers when it comes to parental tensions. They sense it even when the parents themselves might be unaware.

Look at it as behavior by association. Typically, when a young child is fussy, they or whomever they are with, go looking for mom. Over time, the child may become conditioned to display agitation when in the maternal parents presence.

Case in point - My child is medically fragile, requiring 24 care care. He leaves the house with various caregivers for a variety of programs and outings. I may have had a hellacious night with him but apparently when he is out with staff he is an angel. When he is transitioned back into our home, he turns into hell on wheels the minute he sees me. Why ? I am the one who is there when he is tired, needs a diaper change, undergoes a procedure, needs to be medicated, suctioned, etc. ALL incidents which involve some degree of stress. Sort of a Pavlovian response with a twist.

I can pretty much bet the farm that if BabyK were to see her mother now, all you-know-what would break loose. And not out of fear or repressed memories of abuse either (jmo).

Terri Horman does not fit the profile of a parent with MBP.

bbm

Desiree and Kaine DID NOT say Terri couldn't do anything right - they indicated she was evil, hateful, lied, and is responsible for Kyron missing. They backed this up by 'gut feelings' and 'mother's intuition' and unsubstantiated hearsay of a MFH.

IMO the unsubstantiated/hearsay MFH that caused Kaine to bolt out the door with baby K was used by Desiree and Kaine to push their agenda on a national forum that Terri is the one and only murderous, psychopath who could have taken their precious boy. moo mho hoo

I feel strongly that Kaine and Desiree will one day regret pushing judgmental America into casting Terri as the murderous wrench who orchestrated the disappearance of Kyron. moo mhoo

Kaine was supportive of Terri until LE informed him of the MFH plot. Apparently Kaine did not think it was "unsubstantiated or hearsay." and neither did LE.

Therein lies Terri's problem.

We have no idea what exactly he was told or what proof he was shown, so we may have "feelings" but we cannot judge him. Terri, on the other hand, is at the least, the person LE says did tried to hire a killer. So we have something to substantiate why Kaine feels as he does.

Kaine was the intended victim of the hit...and he, as a parent, he is a victim in this case.

As far as regret, I hope for all of them that there is a real and honest resolution to this case. Otherwise, they will all be frozen just where they are now. Kaine and Desiree may believe that the only justice they will receive for Kyron is making Terri pay every day of her life, in the court of public opinion.

My opinion is that Terri liked to portray herself as the long-suffering stepmother with the difficult stepson that she gave up her career and bodybuilding to raise. I think that it's worked to some extent, that she's become a kind of stepmother martyr that some people (other stepparents/second wives) identify with.

Baby K looked like an equally happy healthy little girl in all the pictures we've seen of her. Her father states all was fine in the home, he saw nothing amiss. What evidence is there that anything like Terri poisoning these children is there?

Stating baby K is a different child could be attributed to the time since her brother disappeared and the chaos turning into a routine (not one anyone would have chosen, to be sure.) I tend to think, however, it was made in an attempt to get Terri to react.

What is sharing emails when you tried to arrange, according to LE, a murder?

A crime.

So why hasn't she been arrested and put in jail? Why haven't they arrested her on any of the multiple things people believe her to be guilty of? Just something of the many that LE can prove? Give her a taste of jail if she's guilty. But.... Terri is not in jail, she is not a POI of interest nor a suspect and she is living with her parents (last heard).

I understand that they can't arrest her for Kyron because they don't have enough evidence and have so many days from the date of the arrest to prove their case BUT they have proof of the MFH correct? Isn't arranging a murder illegal? :waitasec:

It was reported by Kaine that baby K was a totally different kid shortly after he removed her from Terri's care. This fact combined with my theory that Kyron was ready to spill some information to Desiree leaves me wondering if maybe he caught on to the old "KOOL-AID TEST" that was taking place in the home. It is blatantly apparent that Terri looks for attention and she'll take any kind... good or bad. I don't believe I would be too far off base to accept the possibility that she was making one or both of those kids sick to get a rise out of people. It has also been stated as fact that she would email Desiree multiple times over the course of a day. Kyron was her vehicle for getting Desiree's attention and baby K was the same for getting to Kaine. I have not heard this possibility discussed yet but I believe it warrants at least some speculation; specifically because of Kyron's recent "spells" and attitude/emotional changes and baby K's quick recovery after her exodus from the home. Thank you in advance for your insights.

Let's review the original post please. Some are starting to head off the tracks.

websleuthstrain.jpg

I don't think Terri has/had this condition... She was more involved in positive aspects of Kyrons life.. Like volunteering at the school, soccer games, bowling and family vacations.. She help raise him since he was an infant.. I've seen her FB pages and doesn't seem to reference any childrens illness.. Both Kaine and Desiree have referenced that Kyron was having trouble at school... Listening to what the parents say reminds me of what I am going through with my own son... We had to monitor his DAILY activity (if you will) too.. The doctor wanted to know it to see if it was daily or just a now and then thing... I find nothing strange about a DAILY report from the teacher, in fact it helped me and the doctor out alot !!! It was the school that had brought my sons behavior to my attention.. and they suggested Daily monitioring.. It was the best tool we had all the way around, for the school, doctor and me...:) JMO..

I tend to think, however, it was made in an attempt to get Terri to react.

Oh yes, yes yes. Let's go with that. I think LE may be handlers at these press conferences telling Kaine and Desiree what to say to get Terri to react/want to tell her story. I know they have a handler of sorts. I just don't know if it's their personal lawyer, a friend, maybe it was Tony?, FBI, LE, etc.

Kaine was supportive of Terri until LE informed him of the MFH plot. Apparently Kaine did not think it was "unsubstantiated or hearsay." and neither did LE.

Therein lies Terri's problem.

We have no idea what exactly he was told or what proof he was shown, so we may have "feelings" but we cannot judge him. Terri, on the other hand, is at the least, the person LE says did tried to hire a killer. So we have something to substantiate why Kaine feels as he does.

Kaine was the intended victim of the hit...and he, as a parent, he is a victim in this case.

As far as regret, I hope for all of them that there is a real and honest resolution to this case. Otherwise, they will all be frozen just where they are now. Kaine and Desiree may believe that the only justice they will receive for Kyron is making Terri pay every day of her life, in the court of public opinion.

bbm

Kaine was the intended victim of a hit????

None of us know what the LS told LE? Terri could have been joking! Or it may have been wishful thinking! Maybe it never took place and the LS is lying. Perhaps the LS was offered a plea deal. moo mho hoo

Kaine is alive and well, no money exchanged hands, no plot has been uncovered, and the information was told to LE six to seven months after the fact. moo mho

For those thinking Terri is the one and only guilty psychopath, it's convenient to use as backup. For those who want some kind of evidence of guilt, it's meaningless. moo mho

Can't participate because a) I'm not a mental health diagnostician, and b) I've never met her...

All JMO

No. I'm referring to Terri telling people that she was Desiree's great friend and only moved in with Kaine to care for Kyron when Desiree became sick. Now many women would keep private that they had had an affair with a man cheating on a pregnant wife..but Terri took it further.

Terri the Hero.

I wouldn't have guessed that is what you were referring too. I think I forgot what the topic even was for a moment.

I can't really comment on these views mostly because I really don't know what the truth is regarding some of these things anymore. I believe there has been some contradictions about when Terri was first in Kyron's life etc...

Im not even sure at this point if Kaine and Desiree came to any agreement about how the beginning and ending were.

In all honesty I still don't see Hero written all over it though, sorry.

No. I'm referring to Terri telling people that she was Desiree's great friend and only moved in with Kaine to care for Kyron when Desiree became sick. Now many women would keep private that they had had an affair with a man cheating on a pregnant wife..but Terri took it further.

Terri the Hero.

The only things I remember reading about Terri being a friend of Desiree's came from Terri's mom and from her (former?) sister-in-law.

I don't find it objectionable that Terri might have told her parents an expurgated version about the beginnings of her relationship with Kaine. Nor that Kaine might have done the same thing with his side of the family.

I expect not many people who have had an extramarital affair, which was then followed up with a marriage and a child, tell everyone they know exactly what happened. I certainly didn't tell my parents every little adventure (none extramarital) I had as an adult.

Adults do a lot of things that don't need to be broadcast to the world at large, and to their children in particular.

bbm

Kaine was the intended victim of a hit????

None of us know what the LS told LE? Terri could have been joking! Or it may have been wishful thinking! Maybe it never took place and the LS is lying. Perhaps the LS was offered a plea deal. moo mho hoo

Kaine is alive and well, no money exchanged hands, no plot has been uncovered, and the information was told to LE six to seven months after the fact. moo mho

For those thinking Terri is the one and only guilty psychopath, it's convenient to use as backup. For those who want some kind of evidence of guilt, it's meaningless. moo mho

Has it ever been established that he is a U.S. citizen..?? Many illegal's will be "witnesses" to crimes if they get a "deal" from the District Attorneys office...!! Just saying...:angel:

Well, I'd like to thank 32 for coming in and giving us some new things to talk about. I hope we didn't scare you off. :(

Back to lurkin' I guess....

FIT, what do you mean? Could you elaborate because I'm slow today. I have thought there might be an illegals aspect to this case. Thanks.

Has it ever been established that he is a U.S. citizen..?? Many illegal's will be "witnesses" to crimes if they get a "deal" from the District Attorneys office...!! Just saying...:angel:

Why would we think the LS was an illegal? And please help me tie this into the topic?

Kaine and Desiree...talking about the lies Terri has told. Like the bee sting...

Yes that always bothered me a lot, first she thought he had a bee sting that turned out not to be one? I'm sorry but if you are looking for whopping great lie that Terri has allegedly told I don't see how this is a shinning example of it.

So she may have been wrong or over concerned for Kyron but no way could this be promoted as a lie. Wasn't Kyron allergic and wouldn't we be lambasting her now if she had ignored it as an uncaring stepmother who could care less about her stepchild.

This is what keeps me on the fence, where is the real evidence..

Well, I'd like to thank 32 for coming in and giving us some new things to talk about. I hope we didn't scare you off. :(

Back to lurkin' I guess....

nope - not scared away...I work an hour away from home and I have 2 babies in diapers when I walk thru the door at dinner time..you know how that goes...

I edited the thread title to exclude the munchausen thing because I was a little off base using that term to classify my point. I wanted to get the ball rolling on potential syndromes terri may emulate thru her actions and reactions and its working...thanks all for the input...please disregard the munchausen view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice