Terri's Armchair Psych Profile

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had kinda wondered if the bee story that Desiree said Terri lied about was about something exaggerated to get attention and be the hero who saved his life. But she never elaborated that I know of so it could have been something else, like lying about how the bee sting happened or she didn't lie at all, Desiree just thought so.

Kaine and Desiree state he was healthy and happy, a good kid, shy but loved school, energetic and loved sports. If he was being made sick, it would have affected every aspect of his demeanor.

Not knowing anything about why Kaine and Desiree would make the statement about baby K being a different child, i can only place it into the psy-ops they've been lodging at Terri all along in hopes of making her so uncomfortable that she'll tell them what they want to hear.

Just to throw this out there, but usually kids in a MBP home will get better when they are away from the offending parent (hence Desiree's impression of Kyron).

Secondly, it's been mentioned that Kaine was pretty unaware of Terri's feelings, the state of their marriage, etc. Therefore, it could stand to reason that he was not as "in tune" with Kyron's health issues (if they were not major ones, i.e. ER requiring ones).

By all reports, Terri was a really good stepmother. Most times, people living with a person affected by Munchausen by Proxy would say the same thing - that she/he is a good, loving and attentive parent.

ETA: I never really have figured this out, but was Kaine aware of the infamous "doctor's appt" and "seizure-like" activity? And was Desiree?

What's odd about that bee story is that there is nothing I can find prior to that which supports the need for it ever being mentioned by Desiree at all.

It was a response by Kaine in an interview about 2 weeks after he moved out while he was still in the hotel. the interviewer asked how baby K was holding up through all this and he said she was a totally different kid. I'll have to see if I can pick up the link.

I just watched an interview yesterday with both Kaine and Desiree and they mentioned this, I can't remember where I seen it though, they were both being interviewed, Desiree had also said something about the baby taking on Terri's emotions or feelings. I assume she was discussing the period of time at the house after Kyron disappeared. With Kaine though Im not sure if his views were for before or after Kyron's disappearance or both.

It was a response by Kaine in an interview about 2 weeks after he moved out while he was still in the hotel. the interviewer asked how baby K was holding up through all this and he said she was a totally different kid. I'll have to see if I can pick up the link.

Sorry to be off topic, but I always wondered where Kaine stayed. May I ask how you came upon this tidbit? Thanks!!

Welcome!

Do you mean M's Syndrome by Proxy? That's the one where parents make their kids sick to be a "hero" and to gain attention as the perfect, loving parent. Primarily women who do this.

At this point, I'd doubt it. Usually families with that problem have a long, long record of ER visits, hospital stays, and multiple trips to the doctor with weird symptoms. There's a lot of hysterida and drama, which all revolve around Mama being so loving and so heroic and so careful to rush the child to the doctor. So there wouldn't be descriptions of Kyron as bright, happy, healthy. There'd be long long stories, many of them, about when he had that weird stomach problem and went to the ER and on and on and on and on.

JMO. I'm not a counselor nor an M.D. And, others may see it differently.

Welcome!!!!! Great idea for thread. I have been thinking this for a while.

What's odd about that bee story is that there is nothing I can find prior to that which supports the need for it ever being mentioned by Desiree at all.

I thought it was brought up as an example of Terri's random lies. But, more than likely, Terri never, ever said such a thing....IMO

Welcome!

Do you mean M's Syndrome by Proxy? That's the one where parents make their kids sick to be a "hero" and to gain attention as the perfect, loving parent. Primarily women who do this.

At this point, I'd doubt it. Usually families with that problem have a long, long record of ER visits, hospital stays, and multiple trips to the doctor with weird symptoms. There's a lot of hysterida and drama, which all revolve around Mama being so loving and so heroic and so careful to rush the child to the doctor. So there wouldn't be descriptions of Kyron as bright, happy, healthy. There'd be long long stories, many of them, about when he had that weird stomach problem and went to the ER and on and on and on and on.

JMO. I'm not a counselor nor an M.D. And, others may see it differently.

I agree. It doesn't fit, IMO.

Am interested in this 'fact'. Do you have a link to a mainstream media article that says that Kaine stated this? He may well have, I just don't remember hearing that 'fact' before. So, I would like to see it for myself. Thank you, and welcome.

He did, but I took him to mean emotionally. Calmer perhaps, less stressed.

He did, but I took him to mean emotionally. Calmer perhaps, less stressed.
Yes, I found it. There is an article here, along with an MP3 (the audio of which is so low, I can barely hear it on my computer).

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/day_of_kyron_hormans_disappear.html

This is what I heard:

At about 18:00 minutes + into the interview
I could not hear the question. But, they had been talking about K and the answer was:

Kaine: "Her demeanor, she's a new kid. She's a whole new kid.

Desiree:"Yeah, she is."

Hard to know what time period he was comparing her demeanor to, but since Kyron had been missing for 3 + weeks at the time he spirited her away from her home, I would think that those 3 weeks in particular were probably fairly chaotic, and at the very least unusual, not the normal routine for anyone in the household. So, I don't place a whole lot of meaningful anything on his observation or conclusion unless I knew much more. In addition, had Desiree spent alot of time with baby K? How would she know?

I think it's an interesting theory, especially if we consider that perhaps she was just beginning to delve into drugging/poisoning Kyron (hence the "seizure" spells and doctor's appointment) for attention, therefore there wouldn't be a history because she was at the beginning stages of this disorder. And maybe something went very wrong and he died as a result, due to a reaction or overdose.

I also feel compelled to add that I think there is great relevance to Kyron going missing hours before he was scheduled to visit Desiree. I think he was onto something...he was a bright kid...and he may have made comments in the home to alarm Terri of his "Sleuthing". I wonder if Kaine is aware of any of this or if in the depths of his subconscious he may be aware of some "issue". I would also be curious to see if a trace toxicology would show any markers if baby K had a blood test or marrow sample taken.

I agree with you that KYRON was onto TERRI!!!
He probably was going to tell THAT WEEKEND!!!
HE disappeared THE SAME AY that he was to GO to his BIO MOM's house.
STEP dad TONY is a COP!
TERRI (and friends) KNEW she would be in BIG TROUBLE!
SHE )and friends) HAD TO GET KYRON OUT OF THEIR LIVES ASAP!!!
Were both children drugged? Prepped for some sick fun?
This is all just my speculation and not fact.

But now i re-read the OP......it's kind of more like Single-White-Female syndrome, where Terri wants to be just like Desiree, even going so far as to ...... disappear her child so they have a way to bond?

Interesting perspective.

ohhhhhh....I like it. Makes sense to me anyway. This is sticking with me because when I look at the presser, and that god-awful-arm-around-the-shoulder hug from TH to D was so uncomfortable looking.

I enjoyed that movie too -- S-W-F. Spooky, but does happen!

MOO

Mel

Yes, I found it. There is an article here, along with an MP3 (the audio of which is so low, I can barely hear it on my computer).

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/day_of_kyron_hormans_disappear.html

This is what I heard:

I could not hear the question. But, they had been talking about K and the answer was:

Hard to know what time period he was comparing her demeanor to, but since Kyron had been missing for 3 + weeks at the time he spirited her away from her home, I would think that those 3 weeks in particular were probably fairly chaotic, and at the very least unusual, not the normal routine for anyone in the household. So, I don't place a whole lot of meaningful anything on his observation or conclusion unless I knew much more. In addition, had Desiree spent alot of time with baby K? How would she know?

I agree with your assessment. Kaine worked at Intel, and was out every day. TH was the primary caretaker. If you step out of the work zone and get to know your child, of course she's going to be a new kid. In reality you just didn't know her.

Many working dads would probably say the same thing if their toddler was handed over to them 24/7.

MOO

Mel

http://www.examiner.com/amber-alert...e-said-kyron-acted-strange-before-he-vanished

Terri Horman wrote in an email, speaking of Kyron’s behavior before he disappeared, “The past 2 weeks he's been acting really weird. Staring off into space. Can't remember anything. Walks into the room and then back out, stopping to stare and then move on. The doc thinks that he is having mini seizures and I made an appt on Thursday for next Friday to have him checked out."

TH says "the doc thinks" Kyron is having seizures, she doesn't say she thinks that. That should have been easy enough to prove on LE's end. I wonder what they discovered when they talked with Kyron's doctor? I guess that couldn't even be divulged due to hippa laws?

I thought it was brought up as an example of Terri's random lies. But, more than likely, Terri never, ever said such a thing....IMO

One of the quotes I posted in the quotes thread, actually, but I think the link is no longer good:

“She can’t even tell the truth about her divorce or, you know, how she met Kaine, any of that,” Young says. “Silly little things. Stories about Kyron getting stung by a bee she can’t even tell the truth about.”

- Desiree Young, July 10, 2010 interview

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/...-from-stepmom/

I found the interview I was searching for

http://www.katu.com/home/video/101702718.html

At the -5:35 mark the woman interviewing them asks Kaine about the negative environment that Baby K was in... Kaine does mention that the baby is different from before and after Kyron's disappearance.

This is what I heard:

bbm

IMO, this was just another dig at Terri--I don't think it needs analyzation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee