Terri's Armchair Psych Profile

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO she feels completely justified in what she has done and for causing this unbearable pain for Kaine. It's all Kaine's fault that this happened. If he had not cheated on her[who knows for sure if he did BUT ALL THAT MATTERS IS THAT TERRI BELIEVES HE DID]. If he had not hurt her then she woudn't have had to "disappear" Kyron. The good old blame game, if there is any conscience in Terri then I feel thats her way of taking ALL THE BLAME OFF OF HERSELF.
Becasuse we all know Terri did NOT WANT TO do whats been done to Kyron. It's all Kaine's fault, HE MADE HER HAVE TO DO IT! :last sentence oozes sarcasm if it was not apparent:

sbm~

I'd take it even a step or two further. I think, if she truly is a sociopath, her thinking is that she hasn't done anything wrong. In her mind, whatever happened to Kyron is just the logical consequence of KH messing with her in whatever way she perceives that he did so. Or, is completely unrelated to KH and was done for some other reason that only TH will ever be able to fathom. jmoo

IF TH did do the unthinkable to Kyron, for revenge against her husband Kaine, what kind of personality could even contemplate doing such a thing to an innocent helpless child? What category does that fit into? Kyron was just a victim of his circumstances, and if TH was the intelligent person that people claim her to be, then if she harmed Kyron she is nothing less than a Monster trying to cover her own behind, over giving this dear little boy's family closure as to what happened to him and his whereabouts in this horrible case. I don't know if she is guilty or not, but there certainly have been some eye opening things that have come out about what kind of person she is, that have roused people's suspicion of her!

The fact of the matter is that adults do cheat on each other all the time, but it certainly doesn't culminate in their young children going missing!

They do if there is clinical evidence to support a dx of Bipolar Disorder. I am loathe to play the game of armchair diagnosis, but ....

Sexual Dis-inhibition - (Sexting, alleged overtures made towards landscaper).

Excessive Verbosity - (Frequent, *wordy* emails sent to DHY, reported *chattiness* with others she encountered).

Attention Seeking Behaviors - (Cherry Red Convertible, Body Building).

Grandiose Plans - (MFH, Alleged Abduction).

Risk Taking - (Impaired Driving, Sexting.)

Inability to Maintain Gainful Employment - (Despite being well educated, TH had difficulty seeking and maintaining employment in a relevant field).

Fractured Interpersonal Relationships - (History of Divorce x 2, now 3).

Rapid Changes in Body Mass & Appearance - (BPD patients often fluctuate between states of near obesity and extremely low body fat. Pictures of TH taken over the years suggest a pattern of weight gain/disorganized personal care and excessive attention paid to physical appearance/rapid weight loss).

Much has been said about the possibility of TH having NPD. There is this notion that it is much easier associate some sort of criminal culpability with NPD. The public wants someone, somewhere to be responsible for this. Casting TH as an individual with NPD increases the probability (in our own minds) that she could be culpable.

Alternatively, an un-medicated (or incorrectly medicated) individual with BPD would be less likely to face criminal conviction for the crimes of which TH is a de facto suspect. While Houze might have a difficult time successfully arguing an insanity defense, he could be use the premise of BPD as a mitigating factor during the sentencing phase.

JMO.

When you speak of BPD are you speaking of Borderline Personality Disorder or Bi-Polar Disorder?

I would think IF she was really diagnosed at one time as having PPD she would have been evaluated at that time to determine IF she was Bi-Polar or not.

And another thing is that TH cheated with Kaine initially, did she forget that, so who is she to cast dispersion on anyone else? And what ever did DY do to her,Kyron was after all not TH's biological child, she was in a position of trust to do right by this child, and where was there any compassion for Kyron's mother, and other family members on DY's family's side? He had another family i'm sure that loved him very much and she had no right to do anything to Kyron. If she did do something to Kyron then she does deserve nothing less than the DP.

I'm sorry i just can't fathom anyone wanting to hurt a defenseless child to satisfy their own ego or illness, but i guess it happens all the time:(

When you speak of BPD are you speaking of Borderline Personality Disorder or Bi-Polar Disorder?

I would think IF she was really diagnosed at one time as having PPD she would have been evaluated at that time to determine IF she was Bi-Polar or not.

My apologies for not clarifying. I refer specifically to Bi-Polar Disorder.

Again, this is not my specific area of practice so I tread carefully in making an armchair/net based dx.

My apologies for not clarifying. I refer specifically to Bi-Polar Disorder.

Again, this is not my specific area of practice so I tread carefully in making an armchair/net based dx.

I have worked with teenage female bipolars and borderline personality disorders from a social services position, not diagnostically. But several close friends do diagnose and treat professionally and have told me that it is fairly common these days to diagnose bipolar when the real diagnosis is borderline personality disorder. According to them, this is partly due to insurance regulations which favor coverage for bipolar, and partly due to the fact that borderlines are often way scary people who deny and deflect their diagnosis to the last breath and seek vengeance with a cold, hard, destructive passion. Many practitioners "offload" Borderlines by telling them their issues are "beyond" the practitioner's expertise, please seek help elsewhere. You see many of these folks in the national news after they have shot everyone in their workplaces (or their neighbors, etc.), thinking people were 'conspiring' against them or 'judging' them unfairly. Yeah, that'll teach those coworkers/neighbors to think they're "off"....

I have missed the news about exactly how Terri and Kaine first met. I am wondering if Terri "went after him" with gusto while his wife was pregnant and very ill. What a HUGE lack of empathy for a human being that deserves kindness and empathy, if even just during the pregnancy and postpartum period. Sheesh. Nice person? I have a hard time calling it that way. If she was capable of THAT, I personally would NEVER have trusted her with my life or family. HUGE red flag....

not too mention bipolar is difficult to diagnose and can be confused with other disorders.
schizoaffective-bipolar type and bipolarI w/psychotic features are pretty similar.Other things can mimic each other and without a history and consistent care it all can be tough to diagnose. Drugs can bring on bipolar features, but once the drugs stop the manifestations can go away. But drug abuse and bipolar and/or shizoaffective can be very closely intertwined.

not too mention bipolar is difficult to diagnose and can be confused with other disorders.
schizoaffective-bipolar type and bipolarI w/psychotic features are pretty similar.Other things can mimic each other and without a history and consistent care it all can be tough to diagnose. Drugs can bring on bipolar features, but once the drugs stop the manifestations can go away. But drug abuse and bipolar and/or shizoaffective can be very closely intertwined.

True, true! I have a family member with Bipolar I/psychotic features and the more I read about schizoaffective-bipolar, the more I walk the fence about her diagnosis. What a difficult set of problems for everyone involved.

Whatever her disorder, I think it's clear that she was capable of things that most people wouldn't dream of doing.

Murder is not a normal thing to contemplate.

And because I believe that sociopaths don't love anyone, it's not hard for me to think she could harm Kyron. That's why I don't feel she "stashed" him like a pound of tea in some safe house. I think she got him out of her way without regard for the consequences.

Whatever her disorder, I think it's clear that she was capable of things that most people wouldn't dream of doing.

We have no proof of what she was capable of.

And because I believe that sociopaths don't love anyone, it's not hard for me to think she could harm Kyron. That's why I don't feel she "stashed" him like a pound of tea in some safe house. I think she got him out of her way without regard for the consequences.

We have no diagnosis that she is a sociopath. In fact, sociopaths love plenty of other people. Many operate out of that love for the other person, bassakwards as it might be. I just don't see Terri, finally finding the niche she sought in life, taking it out on this little boy when it goes FUBAR. I would sooner put money into the MFH plot before I would think she harmed Kyron.

In fact, makes me wonder when exactly did Kaine become aware of this MFH plot, and when did he let LE know about it.

sbm~

I think, if she truly is a sociopath, her thinking is that she hasn't done anything wrong. In her mind, whatever happened to Kyron is just the logical consequence of... whatever... she perceives... as necessary to effect her desired reality. Or, is completely unrelated to KH and was done for some other reason that only TH will ever be able to fathom.

SBI&ABM

I agree with your assessment of her. It's why I lean toward the latter scenario you suggest in the quote above.

Even prior to Kyron's disappearance, I think theirs was a dead or at least decaying marriage that provided fertile ground for legitimate grievances (large and small) to accumulate and be felt by both of them. IOW, there was plenty of anger and resentment to go around and we don't need to work that hard to find reasons why she may have hated her husband.

It's just that given the particular personality cocktail that she appears to have (to me), a motive based on anger or revenge toward her husband isn't even required for her to justify what many think she likely did to his child. I think this child simply collided with a more desirable reality Terri had envisioned for herself.

IMO, many if not most people who end up murdering, kidnapping or otherwise hurting defenceless little children according to a plan are probably beyond the point of being able to be got through. If the cruelty of what they did didn't occur to them or didn't register as important enough to avoid doing it when they were planning the deed it is (IMO) unlikely that compassion and empathy would play a bigger role in their decisions after the evil deed, when they can't turn back any more and have got more to lose, their freedom or even their life.

IMO, many if not most people who end up murdering, kidnapping or otherwise hurting defenceless little children according to a plan are probably beyond the point of being able to be got through. If the cruelty of what they did didn't occur to them or didn't register as important enough to avoid doing it when they were planning the deed it is (IMO) unlikely that compassion and empathy would play a bigger role in their decisions after the evil deed, when they can't turn back any more and have got more to lose, their freedom or even their life.

thanx donjeta for this - very well put, this is what i have been feeling about th but unable to get it together to post it ... so, yep yep yep - unfortunately i think this is the case with th. grrrrr... where is kyron?

And another thing is that TH cheated with Kaine initially, did she forget that, so who is she to cast dispersion on anyone else? And what ever did DY do to her,Kyron was after all not TH's biological child, she was in a position of trust to do right by this child, and where was there any compassion for Kyron's mother, and other family members on DY's family's side? He had another family i'm sure that loved him very much and she had no right to do anything to Kyron. If she did do something to Kyron then she does deserve nothing less than the DP.

BBM

I think that is a little unrealistic. Unfortunately others have cheated on their spouses when they were married however if they remarry I would assume they love each other and the hurt would come just like it would in any marriage if one betrayed the other one.

I certainly don't approve of extramarital affairs but in this case Kaine said the marriage between him and Desiree was already over. We do know that Desiree was going to file for a divorce even before she became pregnant and then backed off. So something was amiss imo even before Terri came along.

By saying if a person cheats in their ongoing marriage they have no right to be angry or in pain because one or both of them had cheated in the past means bringing a scorecard into the present marriage from the past. It is the vows broken in the present marriage that counts and hell hath no fury like a woman scorned as the old saying goes.

But I am not sure Terri's anger and resentment toward Kaine has anything to do with an affair. I think it goes much deeper than that and I think Kaine knows what may have set this off but is being mum about it.

I highly doubt that Terri's motivations or thoughts included Desiree. Desiree only saw Kyron basically 4 days a month. Imo this anger is toward the one that got to be with Kyron everyday.

I am still not convinced what the real truth is in this case. I am not sure she physically harmed Kyron or even if she is guilty of anything. The pain is just as great for Kaine by not having Kyron in his life. If she made Kyron disappear by giving him to someone else to raise then her revenge has worked.

This was messed up from the get go imo when Kaine was not allowing anyone to speak out early on including Terri and suspicions ageist her were cast within days of Kyron's disappearance and it only got worse when the alleged MFH came out in Kaine's divorce papers.

Now that Terri knows she is the target and seemingly the only target she will not speak to anyone except her lawyer.

In fact I think Desiree and Kaine's constant barrage of accusations in their PCs has made it far worse and Terri will never open up and reveal what she knows to anyone. IF she truly knows anything other than what she has already told to police.

But if the evidence shows she did murder this innocent child to exact her revenge on Kaine she most assuredly should get the death penalty. However I am going to wait until that evidence comes forth by LE and the DA.

IMO

I found this link while looking for something else and thought I'd stick it in this thread. It is from Psychology Today magazine.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ther-and-the-boy-who-went-missing-kyrons-saga

Yes, very interesting, partially. I do agree there is a stepmonster stereotype. But I don't agree all stepmothers love their non-bio kids and couldn't possibly hurt them. Oh, and the comments were overwhelmingly Terri is innocent and there's no proof she did anything wrong. I got distracted from the article by the obvious bias in Terri's favor on this site.

Not my kind of site. I never suspected her because she was a stepmother, I suspected her because of her bad decisions and suspicious/selfish personality. In fact, I didn't want it to be her at first because I'm a stepmother too. But I am far different from Terri. She and I share the same title, but are two totally different people.

Her being a stepmother has nothing to do it. It's her demeanor, it's her bad decisions, it's the fact she was the last adult to see Kyron that makes me suspicious.

snipped from above article:

" “If this is true, it gives us a pretty major insight into what kind of person she is and that she is indeed capable of doing something to Kyron,” says Pat Brown, a forensic psychologist in Washington, D.C. “Clearly, anyone who takes out a hit on their husband or wife definitely jumps into the psychopathic category.”

Martin Williams, a forensic psychologist in San Jose, Calif., also says putting a hit on someone would be a strong indicator of psychosis. "

What kind of person is Terri Moulton Horman?

PG - Psychotic Ginger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member