Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't forget that if these friends had called authorities when they saw the pics, Sean Collier might be alive. There's no way to know how it would have played out, but getting rid of evidence instead of calling the authorities was a crime and probably contributed to the chaos that followed. all MOO

DT only texted to them that they could have any of his stuff they wanted, implying he wasn't coming back for it. He didn't ask them to remove anything-- unless that was prearranged code for a clean up which would imply prior knowledge. Based on the charges, that doesn't seem to be the case. As things stand now anyway.

If it all plays out as it appears at first look they are mostly guilty of being complete idiots and liars.

Agreed. Even though their youth is probably why they did these stupid things, TT and DT killed people and maimed people for life---horrible, nightmarish stuff. We need to always think about the victims. The other 3 tried to protect DT from justice. It is time they learn hard lessons for these crimes. Punishment and a signal that these crimes are going to be taken very seriously is the only way to go---no matter the age. Lets not go easy on them. They did a lot of damage.

JMO

It is also possible that these three friends were worried that their known association with DT and "his family members" would come into question and knowing that DT had, only recently, said "I know how to make a bomb" and maybe even spoke of the components, the three guys decided that, for their own good, maybe they'd better get rid of anything that might lump them into the mess or maybe even get rid of explosives that they might have even handled, purchased or seen... innocently...or not.

If they are totally innocent, imagine if they had experimented or even witnessed DT making and setting off explosives...never even considering that he might use them in a terrorist act. then they would be really worried that their fingerprints would/could be on the components. Then they would definitely want to get rid of any such incriminating evidence.

Now, this scenario could also fit if they had prior knowledge or assisted him...thinking that they were just going to go out and get a thrill out of blowing things up...not setting off bombs at the Marathon.

I think the three of them probably played around with explosives together. But, I am not sure that these three knew that DT would do something violent.

Hanover unexplained explosives keep coming back to me.
The dates seem to coincide with DT saying a month or so ago that he knew how to make a bomb. Did he show his friends what he could do?

" Officials are concerned the explosive devices could lead to injury or property damage. The recovered explosives appear to be homemade.

“We’re hoping neighbors may have seen something that may help us identify those responsible for detonating the devices,” said Hanover Fire Chief Jeff Blanchard.

The first incident was reported at 8:34 p.m. on March 12. Police and fire personnel responded to the area of Pine Street and Tower Hill Drive. Witnesses at the nearby Target store on Washington Street reported seeing a bright flash and hearing two explosions from that area.

Several unexploded devices were found at the scene and later detonated under secure conditions by the State Police Bomb Squad.

The second incident was a few days later at 7:49 p.m. on March 15. The second incident was near the first, in the area of Hearthstone and Fieldstone lanes. The area was searched but no explosives were found.

Read more: Explosives cause concern in Hanover - Hanover, MA - Hanover Mariner http://www.wickedlocal.com/hanover/...osives-cause-concern-in-Hanover#ixzz2S5Hf12Yd
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
Follow us: @WickedLocal on Twitter | 119311408344 on Facebook"

If the feds quoted the defendants accurately (and I'm assuming they have them on tape) then how can they squeeze out of it? They appear to have admitted and signed the affidavit saying they knew he was involved, knew the bag contained stuff that could be used in bomb making, added an additional item they knew was involved in bomb making (they knew the Vaseline was used - so clearly they have some bomb making knowledge), and threw all that out to keep DT from getting "in trouble". I mean how can an attorney spin that? Couldn't they be "accessory after the fact" or something? It sounds like the charges are actually very light for what they did.

eta: this is driving me crazy. These guys were not the sharpest tools in the shed. How did they know Vaseline is used in bomb making? They looked into it. IMO we were smart to detain them and bring them up on charges - this scares me.

Incidentally, I'm not great at snapping phone pics while driving, but there were TONS of news vans at UMass today. I could only get a pic of a small number of them, but they were totally aswarm - and camera men were getting nonstop footage of students walking around campus and driving down the ring road. Great publicity for the U....

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 30
could be used to waterproof a seal ... lube any mechanical parts ... etc

It's actually part of the explosives itself, mixed with paraffin and another two household items that have been pre-prepared/cooked it forms a somewhat powerful explosive.

IMO we really, really need to stop with the "youth excuse" here. Please let us not forget that the crime here is Domestic Terrorism. People died, people are now double amputees.
Their lives will NEVER be the same.

Snipped for space

With respect, I don't think anyone here disputes that a dreadful crime has been committed by a person or persons, and that innocent people have been maimed or killed. I don't think anyone is making excuses for the alleged criminal acts, just trying to make sense of all we are hearing and seeing.

Also with the greatest respect, Tamerlan Tsarnaev's life will also "NEVER be the same" and to date he has not been found guilty of any crime, particularly of one that deserves death. At this time I chose not to lose sight of that fact. That's just my opinion which I hope I am free to express here.

Snipped for space

With respect, I don't think anyone here disputes that a dreadful crime has been committed by a person or persons, and that innocent people have been maimed or killed. I don't think anyone is making excuses for the alleged criminal acts, just trying to make sense of all we are hearing and seeing.

Also with the greatest respect, Tamerlan Tsarnaev's life will also "NEVER be the same" and to date he has not been found guilty of any crime, particularly of one that deserves death. At this time I chose not to lose sight of that fact. That's just my opinion which I hope I am free to express here.

You mean Dzhohar. Tamerlan is dead.

So now that KR admitted that she called TT after she saw the pictures and video of him on TV we can legitimately ask: Why did she not call FBI??

They are also saying that she can be charged with being an accomplice if she knew something was going on before the bombing and didn't report it.

Vaseline is a petroleum product (Petroleum jelly) It can dissolve rubber/latex just by coming into contact with it, IYKWIM :D

Petroleum is highly flammable as well.

One thing that really worries me...a whole lot more crazies are learning from this case as well as all of us curious WSers.

Profiles of the Three, here's one:
Bomb suspect's friend Robel Phillipos: Who is he?

With Tsarnaev, he was a 2011 graduate of the prestigious Cambridge Rindge and Latin School, the city schools' superintendent's office said.

Phillipos, a U.S. citizen, lives with his mother, who is from Ethiopia and works with refugees, WHDH-TV reported. Their Cambridge apartment is next to the gas station where the Tsarnaev brothers carjacked a vehicle before getting into the shootout with police in which 26-year-old Tamerlan Tsarnaev was killed.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...marathon-bombings-tsarnaev-phillipos/2127469/

These two brothers were so bold...they didn't seem to care if anyone recognized them. Wow, just wow!

DT only texted to them that they could have any of his stuff they wanted, implying he wasn't coming back for it. He didn't ask them to remove anything-- unless that was prearranged code for a clean up which would imply prior knowledge. Based on the charges, that doesn't seem to be the case. As things stand now anyway.

So DT says they could have anything they want, and the only things that get taken are incriminating evidence of bomb-making? IMO, RP knew precisely what DT's text conveyed.

These are four college students who it seems didn't do much studying or attend many classes. It wouldn't be a stretch to think they were intrigued when their best buddy said he knew how to make bombs. No one bothered to ask him where he learned to do this or why he would want to know how to make bombs? I suspect the comment was discussed further. Given the way DT seems to freely divulge info and all.

If the feds quoted the defendants accurately (and I'm assuming they have them on tape) then how can they squeeze out of it? They appear to have admitted and signed the affidavit saying they knew he was involved, knew the bag contained stuff that could be used in bomb making, added an additional item they knew was involved in bomb making (they knew the Vaseline was used - so clearly they have some bomb making knowledge), and threw all that out to keep DT from getting "in trouble". I mean how can an attorney spin that? Couldn't they be "accessory after the fact" or something? It sounds like the charges are actually very light for what they did.

eta: this is driving me crazy. These guys were not the sharpest tools in the shed. How did they know Vaseline is used in bomb making? They looked into it. IMO we were smart to detain them and bring them up on charges - this scares me.

It sounds like the 3 of them discussed bomb-making over lunch one day a month earlier; also, from this report, the Vaseline was not in the backpack, but Kadyrbayev found Vaseline in the room:

They were let in the room by Dzhokhar's roommate, who said that Dzhokhar had been there just a few hours earlier.

The criminal complaint says that when there, the three friends watched a movie.

Kadyrbayev 'knew when he saw the empty fireworks that Tsarnaev was involved in the Marathon bombing.

Tazhayakov was more alarmed because the tubes had been emptied but not destroyed, meaning that Tsarnaev could have either used the explosives or planned to use them.

Kadyrbayev found Vaseline in the room, which he told the others Tsarnaev used to make bombs.

At one point in the police interviews, Tazhayakev said that during a meal a month before the attack, Tsarnaev told he and Kadyrbayev that he knew how to make a bomb.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-Boston-marathon-bombing.html#ixzz2S5S59KSi
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I am not from the Boston area. What is it that makes the Cambridge Ringe and Latin school "prestigious"? This is a high school, right? Is this a public school or a private school?

It is smart to reserve judgement, but this case is moving pretty smoothly and quickly in my opinion. None of these guys were very sophisticated. There is a lot of evidence against all of them in some form or another (videos, text messages, photos, witnesses, material evidence, etc.).

I agree that the cases against DT's 3 friends may prove straightforward to prosecute but I see nothing smooth or clear-cut about the bombing allegations, or what happened subsequently. There is a lot of conflicting information, differing official and 'eyewitness' accounts of what happened during the 'shootout' event and the capture of DT, strikingly differing accounts from the alleged carjack victim, the mystery of the attempted armed robbery at the 7/11 and the shooting of the MIT officer, many questions about the alleged movements and actions of TT and DT at the marathon event and about physical evidence etc.

Of course the investigators may have all the facts and evidence to prove that DT and TT did what is alleged, but that remains to be seen. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties