Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone figured out where TT and KR lived? Together? Apart? Part-time?

In the complaint, Page 7, Item E. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is Located, #18 says the boat was at 62 Laurel Street, in Watertown.

That is incorrect. That was the approximate location of the shootout between the brothers and the police.

The boat was actually located a short distance away from there, in a yard at 67 Franklin Street.

I hope that is the only mistake in the document.

It sounds like the 3 of them discussed bomb-making over lunch one day a month earlier; also, from this report, the Vaseline was not in the backpack, but Kadyrbayev found Vaseline in the room:

They were let in the room by Dzhokhar's roommate, who said that Dzhokhar had been there just a few hours earlier.

The criminal complaint says that when there, the three friends watched a movie.

Kadyrbayev 'knew when he saw the empty fireworks that Tsarnaev was involved in the Marathon bombing.

Tazhayakov was more alarmed because the tubes had been emptied but not destroyed, meaning that Tsarnaev could have either used the explosives or planned to use them.

Kadyrbayev found Vaseline in the room, which he told the others Tsarnaev used to make bombs.

At one point in the police interviews, Tazhayakev said that during a meal a month before the attack, Tsarnaev told he and Kadyrbayev that he knew how to make a bomb.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2S5S59KSi
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I would apply a bit caution as to the accuracy of the UK Daily Mail. But if this is something he really said to police it looks dire for him!

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop with KRT. CNN was showing her mug shot from the shoplifting charge on TV tonight, and I noticed one news source has it printed with an article about her. I think that's what they call in literary circle- foreshadowing!

I would apply a bit caution as to the accuracy of the UK Daily Mail. But if this is something he really said to police it looks dire for him!
That was taken directly from the criminal complaint.

Does the FBI have the brothers names wrong in the charges. They list TT as living in the dorm as well as DT? Is this correct?

I'd read that they were apparently contacted by DT after the bombings to discard a backpack in his room that had fireworks/gunpowder in it. It's possible all that stuff was together in the backpack and they simply tossed it into the dumpster.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013...OSP/story.html

That's not how the complaint reads though. All 3 state that they decided themselves to get rid of the fireworks after they they had come across them in DT's room. The charging documents also quote texts between DT and at least one of the 3 and state that investigators had examined these texts so I would think they'd also checked out all communications on any phones the other 2 had.

In the complaint, Page 7, Item E. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is Located, #18 says the boat was at 62 Laurel Street, in Watertown.

That is incorrect. That was the approximate location of the shootout between the brothers and the police.

The boat was actually located a short distance away from there, in a yard at 67 Franklin Street.

Good grief. Yes, I have a screenshot of the house & boat & the address superimposed: 67 Franklin it was.

OMG!!! They can't get anything right!!!! WTF is going on?

That's not how the complaint reads though. All 3 state that they decided themselves to get rid of the fireworks after they they had come across them in DT's room. The charging documents also quote texts between DT and at least one of the 3 and state that investigators had examined these texts so I would think they'd also checked out all communications on any phones the other 2 had.

Yes, deoneta had the same observation a page or so back. I've been looking for the article where I'd read that, but can't locate it. As is seeming typical, the story details keep changing. (Even the official complaint has one of the college students giving about 3 different versions.) Interesting that DT and DK each deleted Facebook photos of themselves together about 15 minutes apart in the early hours of the morning, though. LE may still be in the process of checking all types of communications between the four. The details (and variations) are sure to keep coming, of that I'm sure.

She hasn't been charged with anything so far. Even though reportedly DT claimed she called TT and warned him authorities were looking for him.
So I guess that wouldn't rise to obstruction of justice.

I haven't seen any actual report that KR warned TT, only speculation. For that matter, I haven't personally seen any report that the call occurred. Can you recall where this information came from?

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop with KRT. CNN was showing her mug shot from the shoplifting charge on TV tonight, and I noticed one news source has it printed with an article about her. I think that's what they call in literary circle- foreshadowing!

I had the same feeling. She looks a bit mean in these mug shots too, as if public opinion has already changed ...

I had the same feeling. She looks a bit mean in these mug shots too, as if public opinion has already changed ...

Interesting observation. I actually had the opposite reaction. I thought she looked very pretty. But my guess is that the media knows something that they can't report yet, so they are sending out little hints.

I haven't seen any actual report that KR warned TT, only speculation. For that matter, I haven't personally seen any report that the call occurred. Can you recall where this information came from?

I thought that came out as part of what DT told investigators?

Vaseline: how is this used in bomb making?
vaseline is a trade name for petroleum jelly, which is flammable and provides a water barrier like diaper rash ointments. napalm is gasoline mixed with pj, a horrendous weapon because it coats skin and cannot be wiped off/hosed off, allowing the gasoline/whichever caustic to remain in place while it burns and the pj burns. pj + melted wax = gooey/sticky and stays where it lands. (please move over and make room for one more WSer in that jail cell, but I'll have to mooch off you guys because no one in my family will be making deposits so I can buy zoo-zoos and wam-wams)

KR has now admitted to making that phone call. But she has not said what she said to TT.

On CNN they were just now calling her "murky".

Interesting to know: a legal expert on CNN just said it is NOT a crime to know of a crime and not report it, even the marathon bombing.

It was quite complicated what he explained, I didn't understand the reasoning behind it. Maybe someone else here?

That's what I thought too, time. Now I can't find the link, but that's what was said.

According to those officials, Dzokhar Tsarnaev told interrogators that the information that set in motion the series of events leading to Tamerlan’s death and Dzokhar’s apprehension came in a phone call from Katherine Russell Tsarnaeva to her husband. “She notified him and there certainly didn’t seem to be any notion of surprise – just a report that ‘you’re being watched,’” said one official with knowledge of the investigation. Tsarnaev had seen the photographs and videos distributed by the FBI on television and called her husband to give him a heads up.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/feds-further-investigating-role-bombers-wife_719130.html

Interesting to know: a legal expert on CNN just said it is NOT a crime to know of a crime and not report it, even the marathon bombing.

It was quite complicated what he explained, I didn't understand the reasoning behind it. Maybe someone else here?

Do you have a link to that expert's comments? I'd be very interested in reading the fine print--thanks!

I think you might be on to something. I was switching from the Nats game between innings to O'Reilly. Mr. Bill was using the mug shot for his snippet on KRT, too and saying vague stuff like we still don't know what her involvement, if any, might have been. I wonder if they're hearing rumbles, but nothing that can be confirmed. Could all be a coincidence, I guess, but kind of odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeFab