DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slain bomber's body claimed by relatives
Friday, May 3, 2013
by Matt Stout, Richard Weir
The Boston Herald
The state medical exam*iner’s office last night transferred the remains of 26-year-old 
Tamerlan Tsarnaev — killed April 19 in a gunfight in Watertown — to a funeral home retained by his family, though spokesman Terrel Harris declined to say which one.

Apples and oranges. I assume your husband is in the military. huge difference between what he does for god and country vs. a terrorist using religion as a tool to justify it's acts.

What's the difference? you are citing god as the motivator for both the military person and the terrorist. Personally, I think it's the height of hubris for anyone to assume god is in their side. The sooner we let go of this kind of American exceptionalism, the better off the whole world will be.

As part of those efforts, the authorities have sought to determine whether fingerprints and DNA found on bomb fragments were from Ms. Russell. According to two other law enforcement officials, Ms. Russell’s fingerprints and DNA do not match those found on the fragments. All of the law enforcement officials were granted anonymity because they did not want to be identified discussing a continuing investigation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/03/us/Boston-bombing-suspects-planned-july-fourth-attack.html?hp&_r=0

In the course of the questioning, he acknowledged laying the bombs that killed three people and injured more than 260 at the finish line of the marathon. He told the interrogators that he and his brother had been motivated to strike against the United States partly because of its military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan, and what the two saw as a broader conspiracy against Muslims. Mr. Tsarnaev also said that he knew of no other plots and that he and his brother had acted alone and were not connected to a larger terrorist network, according to the account.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/03/us/boston-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

His relatives in the United States have been slow to claim his body. Yet another rejection came from his parents in Dagestan on Friday.

They will not be bringing their 26-year-old son's body to Russia, a family spokeswoman said. Instead, he will lie in a cemetery in Massachusetts.

When the hearse carrying his remains arrived at the Dyer Lake Funeral Home in North Attleboro, Massachusetts, residents came out to boo him, The Sun Chronicle, a local newspaper reported.

Others took to social media to protest his presence.

The body was transported to another location hours later, the paper reported, sourcing a funeral home spokesman.

What's the difference? you are citing god as the motivator for both the military person and the terrorist. Personally, I think it's the height of hubris for anyone to assume god is in their side. The sooner we let go of this kind of American exceptionalism, the better off the whole world will be.

May I bounce off your opinion about our country and add to it . In the same spirit of your post, when radical Islamists let go of their "Islamist exceptionalism" and God on THEIR side attitude...the world will certainly be a safer place. Lots of "height of hubris" to go around.

May I bounce off your opinion about our country and add to it . In the same spirit of your post, when radical Islamists let go of their "Islamist exceptionalism" and God on THEIR side attitude...the world will certainly be a safer place. Lots of "height of hubris" to go around.

Agreed, both sides need to. It's simply delusional thinking to claim god is on your side.

One could argue, however, that the destruction we are able to wreak is a lot greater than that of terrorists, so it becomes more important for us to check ourselves. Greater power and greater responsibility, and all that.

There is audio available of an eyewitness from the night of the shootout (a resident IIRC) who claims that the car that ran over TT was a police car, not DT. She seemed sure, so again, lots of questions. I'd have to try and find that again if you want a link but I can't right now because I have to go out. She was talking to a radio station as I recall.

Similarly, there is also somewhere a report about comments from one of the medical staff who witnessed or worked on TT at the hospital and he stated that there were no injuries consistent with TT being run over. Again, if anyone wants links I'll have to look for them this evening (UK time).

Having to quote myself because the 'edit' option isn't showing for this post now. I don't know if there is a time limit for editing.

Just to add links for the 2 witness accounts I referenced above. For clarity, the video link is posted purely for the audio of the female caller recounting her observations to the radio show host and not for any other purpose.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...04/er_doctor_bombing_suspect_died_at_hospital

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XoXo6X7Xuog

"And the boys underwent transformations so dramatic that some friends could barely recognize them: Tamerlan in his early 20s embraced a harsh, separatist brand of Islam and in a couple of years went from wishing his neighbor a merry Christmas to angrily attacking a Muslim grocer for advertising a Thanksgiving charity food collection. The change in Dzhokhar, now a college sophomore, became apparent only in the past few weeks, and even then seemed to be tacked on to his existing lifestyle rather than displacing it. Less than two weeks before the marathon, Dzhokhar, previously known to friends as a stoner always up for a beer and a blunt, told a college friend that he no longer cared about his classes, that religion and God were the only true things in life."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/fe...ded-portrait-of-an-immigrants-american-dream/

In addition to the above, I'm thinking about the incident at the Mosque where the Older Brother became furious at honoring Dr Martin Luther King.

This "religiosity" though based in their particular faith was all about claiming some sort of superiority for themselves in the name of faith. That kind of twisted "exclusive" rather than "inclusive" thinking can be linked to any belief system, any faith, or patriotism.

I understand the need to criticize and find blame/causative factorsin our own country after these attacks...but we also need to balance criticizing ourselves with the same strong condemnation of the actual belief system that is at work here. The reluctance to do so..trying to trivialize or make this bombing about anything BUT radical Islam is dangerously misdirected.

I would like to know where these brothers were receiving the "catechism" of their new, radical hateful view of their faith. It was not at the local mosque. Was this transformation achieved ONLY online? I find it hard to believe the younger brother, popular as he was...could make such a turn without a supportive local peer group.

Again...on the subject of conscience...and I have enjoyed the debate...either the friends who destroyed evidence after SEEING the carnage...have no conscience..or they are good "soldiers" of the same belief system as the Bombers...and have a sense of justification that comes from that.

Wondering if the death certificate will be filed today, now that TT's body has been claimed?

His relatives in the United States have been slow to claim his body. Yet another rejection came from his parents in Dagestan on Friday.

They will not be bringing their 26-year-old son's body to Russia, a family spokeswoman said. Instead, he will lie in a cemetery in Massachusetts.

The body was transported to another location hours later, the paper reported, sourcing a funeral home spokesman.

RSBM. It is expensive to ship human remains. More importantly, Tamerlan's body would be legally required to go through the process of embalming before shipped occurred, which correct me if I am wrong, embalming is considered against the Islam faith. Muslim's should be buried at a Muslim gravesite as soon as possible after their death (preferably within 24 hours) and they are to be buried in the same location (I.e city) where they died. Funeral rituals are very specific for the Islam faith and his family's reason for not transporting the body home would be for ritual purposes. IMO

Suicide bomb attack was planned for July 4

THis is the first time I've heard the July 4 planned attack was to be a suicide attack.

No offense but what's with all these strategic news leaks from CNN? Cough *ratings*

I am really reading all these new reports with a LARGE grain of salt. DT sure did reveal a lot in "writing" whilst being heavily medicated in hospital in a serious condition.

I have no doubt he would have asked for a lawyer though in those 16 hours of interrogation which will ignite more issues at the May 30 hearing. MOO

He did, and repeatedly. Was linked in the previous thread I believe.

The neighbor of KR's parents who said TT visited KR and ZT on weekends was probably telling the truth!

Were they (TT and KRT) in the process of seperating I wonder? Why would she otherwise stay with her parents?

His parents in Dagestan will not bring the bombing suspect's body back to Russia and will not bury him until an "independent" autopsy is conducted, family spokeswoman Kheda Saratova said Friday

What is the mystery, he was shot hit with bomb stuff and run over. I would guess he dies of gunshot wounds and blunt injuty confused about the hoopala on this angle -IMO

The "hoopala" is quite important imo: did LE kill him with bullets, or did his brother by running him over?

In light of the quoted discussion, comparing a terrorist's actions with those who are enlisted in the armed services is quite a stretch, unless one is willing to say that one's actions as an enlisted serviceman are comparable to a terrorist's actions.

I seriously doubt that's what the poster was trying to say, and it's obvious that's not what I was saying, but it seems that my comments are being twisted to suit someone's agenda.

I have great respect for our military personnel. I have never made derogatory remarks about them. I take offense that my comments are being taken out of context.

With respect: my impression is that it is you who is twisting comments.

Apples and oranges. I assume your husband is in the military. huge difference between what he does for god and country vs. a terrorist using religion as a tool to justify it's acts.

Yes there is a difference, but imo it isn't huge at all.

And may I add, I as a non US member here am kind of happy to see that others also see it the way I do.

Just another IMO:
The decision to bury TT in the US and specifically in Massachusetts is just another effort on the mother, ZT's, part to fan flames.

RE: Faith-bases burial rituals
TT has been dead for two-weeks, now. I suspect he has been either refrigerated or frozen. So, it seems that the 24 hour rule has passed and if the family plans on getting him buried and in the ground before he starts to rot (smell), since he is no longer refrigerated, they are going to quickly run out of time.

Don't know about MA but Virginia law supersedes religious prescriptions. Everyone is required to be in a coffin, within a metal encasement, in the ground, and to be embalmed....whether their religion agrees or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member