Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. KRT is now 24. If she started college at the usual age of 18, that would have been 2007, maybe 2008.

ETA: She graduated from high school in 2007 per People article

Thanks deoneta !! When would grad be down there ... May, June?? (I don't mean "prom" ... just school year end)

:seeya: Posting images of non-missing minor children is not allowed.

In this case in particular, the child deserves protection.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Good grief, I was NOT thinking and I am so sorry! Thank you! Glad she wasn't identified and a thank you also to the kind poster who mailed me to let me know so I could go back and try to erase it. Glad we have moderators for these kind of slip ups. My apologies.

So I thought lets find out a bit about other chap. Plotnikov:

One day after Plotnikov was killed by Russian security forces, Tamerlan fled to Moscow...

Both men were competitive boxers as teenagers. Both seemed to have suddenly turned to radical Islam in 2009 and quickly became interested in violent jihad being waged in Dagestan - where Islamic militias are targeting the moderate Sufi Muslims and fighting Russian security forces who control the region.

23-year-old boxer from Canada who Tamerlan Tsarnaev met online -her contact Tamerlan had in Dagestan - Makhmud Mansur Nidal, 19 - was also killed by Russian forces during his six-month visit to to the war-torn region

,,,,Tamerlan had in Dagestan - Makhmud Mansur Nidal, 19 - was also killed by Russian forces during his six-month visit to to the war-torn region

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...amerlan-Tsarnaev-jihad-U-S.html#ixzz2SIOd6SPW
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook- and may have visited during his trip to Russia last year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...amerlan-Tsarnaev-jihad-U-S.html#ixzz2SIPTwjMx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

...from the article
"Two days after Plotnikov's death, Tsarnaev flew to Moscow on July 16 last year, and the next day to the US. "It seems that Tamerlan Tsarnaev came to Dagestan with the aim of joining the insurgents," said the source. "It didn't work out. First you need to contact an intermediary, then there is a period of 'quarantine' – before they take someone, the insurgents check him out over several months. "

I find that really interesting and telling.First he failed at becoming an olympic star american boxer than he failed at becoming an insurgent,which probably could have made him a national hero in his country.

Do we often hear about two simultaneous causes of death? I mean can't they tell if it was the gunshot or the car trauma that killed him? Or are they saying he could have survived either, but not both?

eta: We saw video taken of the shootout - wasn't it the guy whose roommate had the gunshot in his chair? - and you could see the guys hunkering behind the car, and then the Mercedes driving off toward the police who had just tackled his brother, and they circled the blob on the ground that was apparently his brother as the SUV shot forward? Am I totally remembering this wrong?

This way there is not one single person to blame but a combination of both, or neither.
:moo:

...from the article
"Two days after Plotnikov's death, Tsarnaev flew to Moscow on July 16 last year, and the next day to the US. "," said the source. "It didn't work out. First you need to contact an intermediary, then there is a period of 'quarantine' – before they take someone, the insurgents check him out over several months. "

I find that really interesting and telling.First he failed at becoming an olympic star american boxer than he failed at becoming an insurgent,which probably could have made him a national hero in his country.

With both his contacts having been killed, and nobody to sponsor him into the insurgency, perhaps he thought if he did something noteworthy on US soil, they would think he was worth his salt.

A bit OT, but reading about Plotnikov and his rants along the lines of non-believers will be killed, makes me wonder how that would apply to his Christian parents?

It was said that KRT began wearing Islamic clothing shortly after she started at Suffolk University. According to a neighbour, she apparently dropped out of Suffolk in 2010, but does anyone know when she started there? Here's why i'm asking:

2008 According to ZT, TT got involved in religious politics

2008/2009 TT met Misha (Mikhail Allakhverdor), an Armenian native and convert to Islam. It is believed TT and MA attended a Boston-area mosque together. MA has an address with his parents in Warwick, RI but his business connections seem to be with a company in Boston (Chestnut Hills area).

2009 Toronto area Canadian-turned-jihadist, William Plotnikov converted to Muslim sometime this year. Although his surname is not rare, it also isn't that common. There is one person with that surname who lives in Warwick, RI with a business in Cranston, both not that far from Providence (maybe 6 miles). Wondering if it might be a relative.

20090728 TT had a DV charge against “girlfriend” Nadine Ascencao, 25. Report said he slapped her because she was yelling at him about another girl (whom we now believe to be KRT). When did KT and TT meet?

20100000 KT dropped out of Suffolk Univ. According to a neighbour, KRT had begun wearing Islamic clothing shortly after she started at Suffolk University

Guess you could say I'm wondering which came first .. chicken or egg.

And yes, maybe this train does have a caboose ;)

found this
Tamerlan, 26, who with 19-year-old brother Dzhokhar killed three people and injured 260 when they exploded two bombs at the Boston marathon,started dating Nadine in 2006 when she was 17.

Nadine said: “He once made me learn a verse of an Islamic prayer and if I got it wrong he’d say, ‘Well Katherine can do it’.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4906994/my-boyfriend-the-bomber.html

Stefan said it would be impossible to send the body back to Russia and added the family wants Tsarnaev buried in Boston.

“They want to bury him here, in Boston, in a Muslim cemetery,” he said. “I’m not going to hold him too long, the federal government is involved in this. If need be I will request help from them. A person has to be buried. Period.

“If we had Hitler here, we would bury Hitler,” Stefan added.

A terrorism expert said the U.S. government should ship Tsarnaev’s body back to his parents in the Caucasus region of Russia.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/05/no_one_wants_to_bury_tamerlan_tsarnaev

...from the article
"Two days after Plotnikov's death, Tsarnaev flew to Moscow on July 16 last year, and the next day to the US. "It seems that Tamerlan Tsarnaev came to Dagestan with the aim of joining the insurgents," said the source. "It didn't work out. First you need to contact an intermediary, then there is a period of 'quarantine' – before they take someone, the insurgents check him out over several months. "

It is interesting and telling.

He failed to assimilate in the US - though a lot of stories people have told by now (neighbors, boxing friends) do have TT trying in his own way to assimilate at least for a while when they arrived.

He also failed to convert anyone except KRT and perhaps his own brother once he became a more serious Muslim.

He was also too impatient to wait for July 4th, the date they'd apparently been planning the attack, and ended up with no manifesto, no message, no terror groups claiming his act.

Now his parents can't/won't ship his body "home" and no one here wants his remains buried anywhere near them. He has been just extremely unwanted in his life and death.

(again, not my call, but if they bury him around here I won't care one bit - IMO he can lay unwanted and unmourned underground while his victims are celebrated and helped and rallied around in their lives or mourned deeply and remembered with enormous love in their death)

This way there is not one single person to blame but a combination of both, or neither.
:moo:

I kind of got that idea, too. It's interesting that he was shot several times, but didn't immediately die from that. He ran AT quite a large group of armed, angry/scared, shooting police. I know LE must have wanted to take him alive in an ideal world, but seriously once he started launching bombs and running directly at them while shooting I'd expect several of them to go for a kill shot all at once.

I kind of feel like there was an initial attempt to have the story match DT killing him by running him over, for many reasons (LE could say they tried to take him alive, but the brother killed him - and PR: the terrorists were so soulless that they didn't even care about each other and callously ran each other over if that's what it took, etc) - but yeah, I think in the moment LE wasn't exactly sure how he died, or if/how many of them fatally shot him (but he hadn't quite gotten around to dying by the time he was run over).

The official COD being a combo of the two does seem to cover all the statements they issued as well as the physical evidence.

its title came from a verse in the Qur'an, "Inspire the believers to fight

When the first issue of the magazine was initially released, a technical error prevented most of the magazine's pages from loading properly.[15]

AQAP propagated that the U.S. bombing of Yemen and categorically targeting women and children. IMO, as stated before this is why they think it is the same war and terrorism)Thus they used this alleged targeting as justification of Omar al-Faruq’s attack as retaliation. “Al-Qaeda says that violence is just retribution for Western injustices and that Islam authorizes this position.”[21]

its aim is to inform and persuade a committed audience by distributing internal communications called "auto-propaganda" to strengthen morale, reduce dissent, or justify and legitimize an attack or controversial doctrine.

The magazine is also a political warfare tool targeting the American and other Western governments,

The magazine aimed at young British and American readers

The first issue appeared in July

the second issue encouraged terror attacks on U.S. soil, suggesting that followers open fire at a Washington, D.C. restaurant or use a pickup truck to “mow down” pedestrians

Bruce Riedel of the Brookings Institute described the magazine as "clearly intended for the aspiring jihadist in the U.S. or U.K. who may be the next Fort Hood murderer or Times Square bomber

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inspire_(magazine)

Apologies if this has all ready been posted in here (after 10 thread pages, I'm sure I've missed at least one article posting)--but I just discovered this article linked on Jeff Bauman's facebook support page. It was so heartwarming and well-written, wanted to be sure you all had gotten a chance to check it out. It's about remembering the names we want to remember in this tragedy. NOT the ones that are so painful to spell, pronounce, and most of all, speak of.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...matter-most/5rlX77Y9FqQB6aa4ww5dSM/story.html

Enjoy! :eek:fftobed:
No apology necessary. Thank you for posting this article!!! Great article and long overdue. I commend Kevin Cullen for his article. Thank you, Mr. Cullen. Best write up.

.I wonder if KRT is going to say that she has no idea about the searches and it was all her dead husband's doings.
..and that could be the case/COLOR])

Just like I said....had somebody made a call a police officer may not be dead.
Speculation - we will never know and they IMO, legally cant mention it it is a hypothesis[/COLOR]

and she knew nothing?
Lets not forget domestic violence dynamics and obviously in some way he must have been quite influential - she changed her whole deal as did younger brother. So he might not be making bombs in front of her or the child, but she obviously supported his world view. Not justifying just saying!

looking for possible evidence that might indicate the brothers tested explosives there
this angle do not get all the attn about...they can not prove it is them and ok they tested their stuff out not really sure how that is meaningful? We know they like bombs, and make them.Another million dollars spent

Dont know what I did as it relates to color change below just leaving it!

ruled a homicide
that is interesting yes?[/COLOR]

gunshot wounds to (his) torso and extreme blunt trauma to (his) head and torso
exactly as we anticpated no news here, IMO

look out and just see the little one staring out the window.
that could just be a child staring out some window, not really indicative of much IMO

decided to spend money on all these pressure cookers.
.[COLOR="Blue"There IMO, has to be another funding source-the welfare stuff would come out to like $192.54 a MONTH and out of that number a portion of THAT is not cash....so IMO, the insistance of many that welfare "funded" this is fiscally impossible ------drug dealing in IMO [/COLOR][/COLOR]

He said incredibly simple and said[COLOR="Blue"]That is what from day one I thought when I saw explosons not very powerful. So all this IMO,panic that it was this big operation baffles. It was some fireworks and a pressure cooker. Lets be frank McVey was all alone and look at what he whipped up.

second autopsy I did not even understand the need for the first. There were 48 LE at scene who watched him get shot and a bullet hole is a bullet hole which is a bullet hole!! It is not like we are hunting arsonic here!

Dr. Schoenfeld look closely at the patient’s face and see that he resembled one of the suspects whose pictures had been released by the F.B.I. hours earlier.IMO< that is kind of hard to grasp , the city ison lockdown etc and they do not know instantly that it is him?

Is there a reason we must keep debating what killed TT? The end result is the same, he's dead. It's not like he didn't deserve what happened to him.

The cops are not going to be charged with killing him. His brother, even if charged, isn't going to serve a state sentence for killing his brother. It will all be added into his federal sentence.

In the end, the way I see it, is TT got everything that was coming to him. And IMO, it is enough. He's dead. No amount of debating what killed him is going to bring him back, thankfully.

His brother DT, isn't a victim of anything but his own stupidity. He's got to live with the fact that he contributed to his brother's death, if not caused it. Let him live with that for the rest of his miserable life. He's not some misguided 19 year old child. He's legally an adult. I'm sick of hearing how is a victim in all of this.:banghead::banghead: He chose his path. Anything he gets, he's got coming to him. The victims are the ones who were killed and injured by the acts of terrorism and murder committed by these two TERRORISTS.

I'm sure there are people who disagree with me. That's fine. But, to me it doesn't get any easier. You commit an act of terrorism on American soil against Americans and their guests, you deserve to die or be punished for the rest of your natural life. And if by chance DT gets a life sentence out of this, hopefully it will be at ADX in Florence, CO, under the prison. It matters not to me that DT is an American citizen, he still committed an act or acts of terrorism against Americans, so he should be treated the same as any other terrorist, foreign or domestic. Give him his rights, and then sentence him. After that, I don't want to hear about him.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

He was not trying to intimidate the child. He was just playing around with her. I've seen my ex partner behave the same way with his niece of the same age and it was just a bit of a fun. There is no alarm in the child's voice and DT is putting on various tones of voice and the child doesnt flinch, you can not see the faces he is making, he asks for a kiss but he doesn't pull her or touch her. She wants to stay in the room. I don't know why people look so much into a 46 second video where you can't even see what his facial expressions are and from all accounts on his twitter he spoke very adoringly of his niece. No matter what type of person a man is, I have never come across one that doesnt have a soft spot for their niece, especially at that toddler age. IMO

Well. We disagree.

Like I said multiple times, he may have been innocently playing. But IMO he did intimidate her.

I heard it in her voice.

I look so much into a 46 second video because it made me uncomfortable.
The exchange was weird.

And I find the way he was treating her inappropriate. No matter what his intentions were.

I look at it from what i think her point of view is and what i think her feelings were.

JMO

Is there a reason we must keep debating what killed TT? The end result is the same, he's dead. It's not like he didn't deserve what happened to him.

The cops are not going to be charged with killing him. His brother, even if charged, isn't going to serve a state sentence for killing his brother. It will all be added into his federal sentence.

In the end, the way I see it, is TT got everything that was coming to him. And IMO, it is enough. He's dead. No amount of debating what killed him is going to bring him back, thankfully.

His brother DT, isn't a victim of anything but his own stupidity. He's got to live with the fact that he contributed to his brother's death, if not caused it. Let him live with that for the rest of his miserable life. He's not some misguided 19 year old child. He's legally an adult. I'm sick of hearing how is a victim in all of this.:banghead::banghead: He chose his path. Anything he gets, he's got coming to him. The victims are the ones who were killed and injured by the acts of terrorism and murder committed by these two TERRORISTS.

I'm sure there are people who disagree with me. That's fine. But, to me it doesn't get any easier. You commit an act of terrorism on American soil against Americans and their guests, you deserve to die or be punished for the rest of your natural life. And if by chance DT gets a life sentence out of this, hopefully it will be at ADX in Florence, CO, under the prison. It matters not to me that DT is an American citizen, he still committed an act or acts of terrorism against Americans, so he should be treated the same as any other terrorist, foreign or domestic. Give him his rights, and then sentence him. After that, I don't want to hear about him.

Yes, there is a reason for me to want to know what killed him. Because I'm curious, because it will give more clues as to what happened during the shootout, it will help me to understand if he was indeed a suicide bomber or if he made any attempt to live, it will tell me if the bombs they made in his kitchen and that they were throwing at police exploded early or too close to him (which we've heard rumors of) and contributed to his death, because that will help me to understand in part how skilled they were at making bombs, which will help me to understand in part how experienced, how practiced, how trained they were. It will give me some peace to know if/that he was close to being taken alive by police. And if police were being honest when they reported that his brother killed him. It will tell me if his crazy mother will be forced to acknowledge that one of her sons contributed to the death of the other son, which will give me some sense of personal satisfaction considering the offensive things she's said about the "fake" bombing and the accusations of my government and my police force "murdering" her son. That's just off the top of my head.

I can't even fathom why someone would assume that if anyone wanted to know the cause of death, it's because we somehow think he didn't deserve it? That makes no sense to me.

I also don't understand why people keep posting arguments insisting these two are terrorists as if someone is actually arguing against them? Who is debating this? Who has said they are not guilty, are not terrorists, or don't deserve punishment?

Yes, there is a reason for me to want to know what killed him. Because I'm curious, because it will give more clues as to what happened during the shootout, it will help me to understand if he was indeed a suicide bomber or if he made any attempt to live, it will tell me if the bombs they made in his kitchen and that they were throwing at police exploded early or too close to him (which we've heard rumors of) and contributed to his death, because that will help me to understand in part how skilled they were at making bombs, which will help me to understand in part how experienced, how practiced, how trained they were. It will give me some peace to know if/that he was close to being taken alive by police. And if police were being honest when they reported that his brother killed him. It will tell me if his crazy mother will be forced to acknowledge that one of her sons contributed to the death of the other son, which will give me some sense of personal satisfaction considering the offensive things she's said about the "fake" bombing and the accusations of my government and my police force "murdering" her son. That's just off the top of my head.

I can't even fathom why someone would assume that if anyone wanted to know the cause of death, it's because we somehow think he didn't deserve it? That makes no sense to me.

I also don't understand why people keep posting arguments insisting these two are terrorists as if someone is actually arguing against them? Who is debating this? Who has said they are not guilty, are not terrorists, or don't deserve punishment?

There have been a lot of excuses made for their actions.
Especially DT's.

So what is your point?

The point is that at the moment 'Danny' appears to be a key witness because he has claimed to LE that TT told him he was responsible for the bombings. He also claimed to have been carjacked at gunpoint and robbed. He has also added later in his media interviews that TT also told him he'd killed SC.

If a key witness gives differing accounts of material facts then his credibility will be severely compromised and his evidence is likely to be robustly challenged at trial. This is why I am surprised he has been allowed to give all these interviews before DT has even been indicted.

So CNN reports that the bombs were made at TT and KRT's apartment. There was residue found on the kitchen table, the kitchen sink and the bathtub.

RBBM1: Apparently skilled enough to kill three people and injure over 150. Does it really matter how skilled they were? They launched a successful terrorist attack on American soil. I just wish they would have blown themselves up on one of their test runs, and not killed innocent people. Cold hearted on my part, maybe, but I am sick and tired of all of the excuses being offered in defense of these two. Not saying you in particular are offering excuses.

RBBM2: Please, LE ran him over now? They weren't the ones behind the wheel trying to get away. That is all on DT. LE may have shot him, which they had every right to do. Remember TT was shooting at them with a gun, with live bullets. There was another police officer killed in the vicinity. Not to mention a carjacking with the terrorists as the perps there too. I question LE a lot, but not here.

You can debate all day long how TT died. End result, dead is dead. And DT and the rest of his family have to live with that, even his mom. DT can live with the fact he killed his brother when he ran him over in his short-lived escape. Whether TT is pushing up daisies here or in Russia, doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things now, does it? Four other innocent people are dead as a result of his actions and countless others are injured, and everyone's lives are changed, all because of his actions, along with his brother's.

Addressing a few things that have been discussed recently:

KRT- I've seen nothing that indicates KRT was a victim of domestic violence. It's possible of course, but there are no eye witness accounts, no police reports. Her friends have said that TT called her a prostitute and used other demeaning language. I have no doubt TT was an abusive man, but neighbors report that it was KRT they heard doing all the angry yelling until all hours of the night. Maybe TT married a girl just like the girl that married dear old dad. She had the perfect opportunity to get out of the situation when TT left the country for 6 months, but she chose not to. Instead she chose to stay with TT and put her daughter at risk. Just like she chose not to notify authorities when the bombers' photos were circulated. Just like she's choosing not to cooperate with authorities in the investigation. Maybe she simply shared her husband's convictions and twisted values.

For those who say it made no difference that KRT and the non-student friends failed to report, I beg to differ. If police had known the cell phone numbers of the bombers, they could have pinpointed their location through pings, quite possibly preventing the death and injuries that occurred hours later that evening.

The pressure cooker bomb at the shootout was not remotely detonated. It was thrown. Luckily the lid came off, minimizing the impact when it exploded.

I don't understand why people doubt the accounts of the shootout given by police on the scene or the account of Andrew Kitzenberg who LIVE tweeted his account, complete with photographs. Alex Jones wasted no time to raise the false flag nonsense. This 9/11 "truther" also believes the moon landing was faked!

Timothy McVeigh did not act alone. He had at least three accomplices.

For those that believe the bombs were amateurish and "not powerful", tell that to the victims and the surviving family members of the deceased.

ALL MOO

There have been a lot of excuses made for their actions.
Especially DT's.

As I've read it, there have been a lot of "reasons" - not excuses. A reason is a contributing factor. An excuse is a way to say it wasn't his fault. Those are two different things.

I think it's unhelpful to immediately jump on people looking at reasons and pretend to think that they are saying it's not his fault. What possible good can that do? Reasons are legitimate ways of investigating contributing factors. There are even necessary for establishing patterns. Police do it, psychologists do it all the time.

For instance if we say a serial killer murdered someone and that he was a sociopath, we are saying that his sociopathy was probably a contributing factor in his ability to commit a heinous crime. There's no implication in that statement of excusing him for the crime.

When someone says that DT was young, stoned, idolized his brother, etc - those are likely contributing factors in his ability to commit a crime. There is no implication of "excusing" him for it.

I mean unless someone has been posting "it wasn't his fault" and I'm just missing it somewhere.

It's smart to try to dig deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member