Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sexual grooming process that pedophiles exhibit.
I'm not saying he was abusing her.
But the intimidation and her seeming to want to make him happy so she could stay reminds me if how pedophiles groom their victims.

Again, I have no clue if that thought even crossed his mind. I was just very uncomfortable watching the exchange between the two.

He was in control and forcing her to do as he said.
He may have been just playing with her.

But it was inappropriate IMO

grooming process
http://www.commit2kids.ca/app/en/the_grooming_process

Thank you.

Like you, I didn't see that in the video.

I gave myself a mini-timeout. ;)

And I know it's of interest when trying to parse the character of a terrorist, but that little girl didn't ask to be plastered all over the internet in connection with horrors and hatred, you know?

But what do they mean by 'explosive residue'? Since many of the ingredients that can be used to make bombs also have common household uses then this tells us nothing. E.g. Hydrogen Peroxide can be used in bomb making - it is also a household sanitiser and disinfectant, amongst other uses.

I don't understand this constant drip-feed from 'sources close to the investigation' and officials who want to remain anonymous. Is it a tactical thing, to put pressure on the defence?

I gave myself a mini-timeout. ;)

And I know it's of interest when trying to parse the character of a terrorist, but that little girl didn't ask to be plastered all over the internet in connection with horrors and hatred, you know?

Agreed, she is a minor and certainly didn't ask for publicity.

But what do they mean by 'explosive residue'? Since many of the ingredients that can be used to make bombs also have common household uses then this tells us nothing. E.g. Hydrogen Peroxide can be used in bomb making - it is also a household sanitiser and disinfectant, amongst other uses.

I don't understand this constant drip-feed from 'sources close to the investigation' and officials who want to remain anonymous. Is it a tactical thing, to put pressure on the defence?

I expect they mean the gunpowder mixture from the fireworks. I believe DT is talking again because of his newest attorney whose specialty is getting death penalty cases pled down to LWOP, There was no info coming out for a few days after DT was Mirandized, but now we're getting tidbits every day. I could be wrong, only my opinion, but I think a deal is already in the works or made. All MOO

Link to the bolded. This is the first time I've ever heard that

I posted a link to it in one of my most recent posts. It's audio of the resident describing her observations to a radio show host.

:seeya: Posting images of non-missing minor children is not allowed.

In this case in particular, the child deserves protection.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Apologies if this has all ready been posted in here (after 10 thread pages, I'm sure I've missed at least one article posting)--but I just discovered this article linked on Jeff Bauman's facebook support page. It was so heartwarming and well-written, wanted to be sure you all had gotten a chance to check it out. It's about remembering the names we want to remember in this tragedy. NOT the ones that are so painful to spell, pronounce, and most of all, speak of.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...matter-most/5rlX77Y9FqQB6aa4ww5dSM/story.html

Enjoy! :eek:fftobed:

PIM, *BRAVO* for that article, it was a thing of beauty! I had not heard some of those stories about the first responders. Damn they were awesome. I'm smiling through tears!

And as if anyone hasn't guessed, this bit sums up my feelings exactly:
I want to remember Sean Collier, the idealistic young MIT police officer who was assassinated by a pair of morons who killed him for his gun and then were too stupid to figure out how to get it out of his holster.

Morons. Yep.

Apologies if this has all ready been posted in here (after 10 thread pages, I'm sure I've missed at least one article posting)--but I just discovered this article linked on Jeff Bauman's facebook support page. It was so heartwarming and well-written, wanted to be sure you all had gotten a chance to check it out. It's about remembering the names we want to remember in this tragedy. NOT the ones that are so painful to spell, pronounce, and most of all, speak of.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...matter-most/5rlX77Y9FqQB6aa4ww5dSM/story.html

Enjoy! :eek:fftobed:

Thanks for that link PIM.

Hats off to Kevin Cullen for such a memorable article about the people worth remembering ... all the heroes, the brave and beautiful people.

Do we often hear about two simultaneous causes of death? I mean can't they tell if it was the gunshot or the car trauma that killed him? Or are they saying he could have survived either, but not both?

eta: We saw video taken of the shootout - wasn't it the guy whose roommate had the gunshot in his chair? - and you could see the guys hunkering behind the car, and then the Mercedes driving off toward the police who had just tackled his brother, and they circled the blob on the ground that was apparently his brother as the SUV shot forward? Am I totally remembering this wrong?

I don't recall seeing any video from that resident who had the gunshot in his chair. I've only seen some rather grainy and dark photos taken from one location. In one of the pics I recall 2 figures behind a vehicle which the resident claimed was DT/TT. One of them looked as though he might be pointing/shooting a gun but the other had both arms down by his side. As it turned out they only had one hand gun anyway.

I'll have to go back and find his account because I don't recall what he said he actually witnessed.

The sexual grooming process that pedophiles exhibit.
I'm not saying he was abusing her.
But the intimidation and her seeming to want to make him happy so she could stay reminds me if how pedophiles groom their victims.

Again, I have no clue if that thought even crossed his mind. I was just very uncomfortable watching the exchange between the two.

He was in control and forcing her to do as he said.
He may have been just playing with her.

But it was inappropriate IMO

grooming process
http://www.commit2kids.ca/app/en/the_grooming_process

He was not trying to intimidate the child. He was just playing around with her. I've seen my ex partner behave the same way with his niece of the same age and it was just a bit of a fun. There is no alarm in the child's voice and DT is putting on various tones of voice and the child doesnt flinch, you can not see the faces he is making, he asks for a kiss but he doesn't pull her or touch her. She wants to stay in the room. I don't know why people look so much into a 46 second video where you can't even see what his facial expressions are and from all accounts on his twitter he spoke very adoringly of his niece. No matter what type of person a man is, I have never come across one that doesnt have a soft spot for their niece, especially at that toddler age. IMO

He was not trying to intimidate the child. He was just playing around with her. I've seen my ex partner behave the same way with his niece of the same age and it was just a bit of a fun. There is no alarm in the child's voice and DT is putting on various tones of voice and the child doesnt flinch, you can not see the faces he is making, he asks for a kiss but he doesn't pull her or touch her. She wants to stay in the room. I don't know why people look so much into a 46 second video where you can't even see what his facial expressions are and from all accounts on his twitter he spoke very adoringly of his niece. No matter what type of person a man is, I have never come across one that doesnt have a soft spot for their niece, especially at that toddler age. IMO

Yea, well, allegedly they were making bombs in the very same apartment where TT was supposed to babysit his daughter, DT's niece. If the two of them didn't know what they were doing, that niece could have presumably been blown up into many little pieces. Soft spot, indeed.

Watching the news and there were the two frontal photos of TT and DT next to each other, as we have so many times over the past 10 days. And I noticed that they actually do not look much like siblings. There are no similarities in their faces, bone structure, shape of face, eyes, eyebrows, nose, mougt, chin, hair ... everything is completely different. Did anyone notice that? Not that it's terribly important, just curious. I would not have thought they were brothers if I wasn't told.

Some posters on this very board thought they were related before we knew who they were.

Sanjay Gupta on AC 360 now:

- ultimately blood loss caused his heart to stop
- his interpretation of the death certificate is that probably none of the injuries alone would have caused death, but in combination they did

If you've seen the photos (not pleasant) its hard to believe anyone could survive the massive wounds visible!

If you've seen the photos (not pleasant) its hard to believe anyone could survive the massive wounds visible!

The big cuts are from medical procedures where they tried to start his heart.

In this case, DT could be tried for felony murder of his brother. Even if he didn't allegedly run him over, he could still be tried. It doesn't really matter what exactly killed TT under felony murder.
Assuming state wanted to try him for that.

Surely that can't be right. Can a person really be tried for the felony murder of any accomplice who was killed by police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme