Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was chatting!

Ok. Well I didn't follow your train of thought so I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Since you quoted my post, I wondered how it was related.

She was obviously upset by him telling her over and over to get out.

That was obvious to me right away.

It may have been innocent play in his eyes but a child that age does not pick up on that.
She was trying to please him in order to be allowed to stay in there.

Forcing kisses and pretending to be angry at a child that age is cruel IMO.
This was a while before we knew him as a bomber right?Anyone know when that video was shot that woud intersting to know?

Awe poor baby.
:waiting:

Wonder what kind of panic the bombing victims faced? And they helped each other.
True testament of the good in humanity.

This terrorist panicked and floored a vehicle and steered it in the direction of LE and his brother in order to save his own arse.
True testament of the evil in humanity.

See the difference?
I am more like in the heat of the moment ===ugh it was awefull on video I annot imagine live with all the lights, noises, people screaming etc had to be confusing for everyone --like to much stimulation...............

This was a while before we knew him as a bomber right?Anyone know when that video was shot that woud intersting to know?

I'm not sure what difference it would make.

I would feel the same way no matter who was forcing a baby to give kisses in order to stay in the presence of someone yelling for her to get out or go away.

I guess my background and studies of child development do sway my opinion.

It's not appropriate.
It's intimidating.
And I agree with the poster who said earlier that it resembles the grooming process.

JMO

So we have one local resident saying they saw DT run over TT and another resident who says she saw LE run over TT. Has anyone seen any other eyewitness account of this shootout event in the media?
Link to the bolded. This is the first time I've ever heard that

I am more like in the heat of the moment ===ugh it was awefull on video I annot imagine live with all the lights, noises, people screaming etc had to be confusing for everyone --like to much stimulation...............

Like bombs going off in a crowd of innocent people?

That was a lot of stimulation too.

But like I said, those injured people HELPED each other.

No matter how many times excuses are made for this guy, it won't change the fact that his actions killed and maimed many. Including his own brother. Who everybody says he worshiped.

When Tsarnaev arrived, he immediately went into cardiac arrest. CPR was performed until a team of doctors could attempt to resuscitate him, inserting chest tubes to treat potential injuries and gain vascular access to give the patient what Schoenfeld described as "massive blood transfusions."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobil...nfeld-tamerlan-tsarnaev-doctor_n_3117810.html

Tamerlan Tsarnaev was in cardiac arrest by the time authorities got him to the Beth Israel Hospital emergency room; doctors soon pronounced him dead.

http://m.myfoxal.com/autojuice?targ...e-3-more-marathon-bombing-suspects-in-custody

Full cardiac arrest is the cessation of cardiac function and breathing. TT was technically dead when he arrived, but not pronounced yet. The interval where they are bolusing IV fluids (which may include blood) , performing CPR, defibrillation, ventilation, inserting chest tubes, et al is an attempt to restore circulatory and cardiac function in order to resuscitate someone who is no longer with us. The interim is a suspended period of time that we use in the medical field during a furtive and intensive attempt to restore these functions.

Sanjay Gupta on AC 360 now:

- ultimately blood loss caused his heart to stop
- his interpretation of the death certificate is that probably none of the injuries alone would have caused death, but in combination they did

Full cardiac arrest is the cessation of cardiac function and breathing. TT was technically dead when he arrived, but not pronounced yet. The interval where they are bolusing IV fluids (which may include blood) , performing CPR, defibrillation, ventilation, inserting chest tubes, et al is an attempt to restore circulatory and cardiac function in order to resuscitate someone who is no longer with us. The interim is a suspended period of time that we use in the medical field during a furtive and intensive attempt to restore these functions.

But it says when he arrived, he immediately went into cardiac arrest.
To me, that says he arrived alive, then went into cardiac arrest.

I don't think he was technically dead when he arrived.

do we have a link to this... Just wadnering so many pages hard to keep up.

- gunshot wounds = shot by LE
- extreme blunt trauma = run over by brother with SUV

The shooting was first. So does that mean he was already dead when DT ran over him?

Re KR: I think she must be very frightened that her daughter will be taken away from her by child services, that's why the lawyer front.

Do we often hear about two simultaneous causes of death? I mean can't they tell if it was the gunshot or the car trauma that killed him? Or are they saying he could have survived either, but not both?

eta: We saw video taken of the shootout - wasn't it the guy whose roommate had the gunshot in his chair? - and you could see the guys hunkering behind the car, and then the Mercedes driving off toward the police who had just tackled his brother, and they circled the blob on the ground that was apparently his brother as the SUV shot forward? Am I totally remembering this wrong?

Massive blood transfusions imply that TT had probably lost a massive amount of blood already, so there wasn't enough volume to perfuse while doing CPR. He most likely had 'bled out' due to trauma which had led to cardiac arrest.

Do we often hear about two simultaneous causes of death? I mean can't they tell if it was the gunshot or the car trauma that killed him? Or are they saying he could have survived either, but not both?

I think they are saying gunshot wounds and blunt force trauma together caused his death. But that doesn't necessarily mean he could have survived either gunshots or blunt force trauma in itself.
But he obviously was alive before being run over, or blunt force trauma wouldn't have been listed as a contributing cause of death-you can't kill someone who is already dead.

I'm not sure what difference it would make.

I would feel the same way no matter who was forcing a baby to give kisses in order to stay in the presence of someone yelling for her to get out or go away.

I guess my background and studies of child development do sway my opinion.

It's not appropriate.
It's intimidating.
And I agree with the poster who said earlier that it resembles the grooming process.

JMO
Oh no, grooming not going on , he was not trying to get the child to do or accept anything. The ah come back here was a moment , he was playing IMO, and did not want to hurt her feelings so when she left and he felt it might hurt her feelings he called her back, reassured her with a kiss.

I too, have worked with the population ---I did not observe any typical grooming behaviors! And in terms of our experience - the most telling thing is the child did not demonstrate any fear, in fact she openly and comfortably embraced him.
We both know vistims cant fake that when someone else is there.

It was IMO sweet encounter -- I would love to see more of that kinda stuff

and intersting huh ya all we all have no idea where it came from. who gave it, who shot it, when , who was filming nothing just poof there!

Sounding like no one injury was bad enough by itself but the combination of injuries was too much to overcome.

We do know he was alive after being shot because he was reportedly resisting arrest when his brother ran him over

edit: nvm, jjenny got it...

It's sad, but there usually has to be one cause of death. One of my patients was 'bashed' to death and resuscitated. The person was living in a vegetative state on a ventilator for many many months. Sadly, since pneumonia was the cause of death, the defendants could not be tried for murder :(

Link to the bolded. This is the first time I've ever heard that
No, the confusion with this is a LE person on the scene put his car in drive and got out and let the car go on its own drawing TT attn -- and TT shot that cop car up.

That is why in the beganing there was some talk about a LE vehicle being hijacked.

Trying to find the links now !

Oh no, grooming not going on , he was not trying to get the child to do or accept anything. The ah come back here was a moment , he was playing IMO, and did not want to hurt her feelings so when she left and he felt it might hurt her feelings he called her back, reassured her with a kiss.

I too, have worked with the population ---I did not observe any typical grooming behaviors! And in terms of our experience - the most telling thing is the child did not demonstrate any fear, in fact she openly and comfortably embraced him.

and intersting huh ya all we all have no idea where it came from. who gave it, who shot it, when , who was filming nothing just poof there!

Kids her age often try to please adults. That's not an opinion. That's a fact!

And I never said he was abusing her.

The intimidating factor reminds me of the grooming process.

Neither of us know what was going on.

But I find his behavior highly inappropriate given the age of the child.
Nothing sweet about it IMO.

Like I said, in his eyes it may have been innocent play.
But in her eyes, not so much.
IMO it was her way to try to please him so she could stay around him.
He basically DEMANDED kisses. That is not ok.

JMO

It appears as a college aged male (afraid to use the word "Kid") was interacting with a toddler... although awkward comes to my mind, regardless, she seemed comfortable with him, trusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214