Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad, but there usually has to be one cause of death. One of my patients was 'bashed' to death and resuscitated. The person was living in a vegetative state on a ventilator for many many months. Sadly, since pneumonia was the cause of death, the defendants could not be tried for murder :(

In this case, DT could be tried for felony murder of his brother. Even if he didn't allegedly run him over, he could still be tried. It doesn't really matter what exactly killed TT under felony murder.
Assuming state wanted to try him for that.

She was obviously upset by him telling her over and over to get out.

That was obvious to me right away.

It may have been innocent play in his eyes but a child that age does not pick up on that.
She was trying to please him in order to be allowed to stay in there.

Forcing kisses and pretending to be angry at a child that age is cruel IMO.

Yes exactly! That's how I see it.

I'm not sure what difference it would make.

I would feel the same way no matter who was forcing a baby to give kisses in order to stay in the presence of someone yelling for her to get out or go away.

I guess my background and studies of child development do sway my opinion.

It's not appropriate.
It's intimidating.
And I agree with the poster who said earlier that it resembles the grooming process.

JMO

What is this grooming process you are referring to?

Do we often hear about two simultaneous causes of death? I mean can't they tell if it was the gunshot or the car trauma that killed him? Or are they saying he could have survived either, but not both?

eta: We saw video taken of the shootout - wasn't it the guy whose roommate had the gunshot in his chair? - and you could see the guys hunkering behind the car, and then the Mercedes driving off toward the police who had just tackled his brother, and they circled the blob on the ground that was apparently his brother as the SUV shot forward? Am I totally remembering this wrong?

bbm - Dr Sanjay Gupta said that's what it would mean.

Massive blood transfusions imply that TT had probably lost a massive amount of blood already, so there wasn't enough volume to perfuse while doing CPR. He most likely had 'bled out' due to trauma which had led to cardiac arrest.

Exactly.

In this case, DT could be tried for felony murder of his brother. Even if he didn't allegedly run him over, he could still be tried. It doesn't really matter what exactly killed TT under felony murder.
Would this be tried by the state or the feds??? So confusing, all the charges, and lack of charges.

- gunshot wounds = shot by LE
- extreme blunt trauma = run over by brother with SUV

The shooting was first. So does that mean he was already dead when DT ran over him? <snipped for space>

If TT was already dead before being run over, how would it be possible for blunt force trauma to be a contributing cause to his death? Obviously he was not dead when he was run over.

In eyewitness Andrew Kitzenberg's (the man who took pics of the shootout) account, he says TT was still resisting LE efforts to cuff him when officers jumped out of the way to avoid DT in the jacked SUV.

a quick google search showed that victims that died from being hit by a car are often listed as "blunt force trauma" as COD.

So, we conclude the same as the ME. Death caused by the combination of gunshot wounds and blunt force trauma.

(I'm glad we agree with him as I doubt we'd get anywhere disagreeing. ;))

Grave problem: Cemeteries want nothing to do with Boston Marathon bomber

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/0...g-suspect-to-receive-burial-rights-stateside/

He&#8217;s gone from most wanted to least wanted.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/0...eceive-burial-rights-stateside/#ixzz2SHKBUFUo

Just love the irony in this post. Who'd a thunk going from most wanted to least wanted would be such a grave problem?

*snerk*

On AC 360: heavy FBI presence at KR's parents home at all times, FBI following KR wherever she goes.

Lucky KR...built in body guards.

Silly your being background your stuff is usually quite bright! Come on ha!

It's Friday night, after a long week, and I want some of what CARIIS is having...

(Or a margarita at least.)

Watching the news and there were the two frontal photos of TT and DT next to each other, as we have so many times over the past 10 days. And I noticed that they actually do not look much like siblings. There are no similarities in their faces, bone structure, shape of face, eyes, eyebrows, nose, mougt, chin, hair ... everything is completely different. Did anyone notice that? Not that it's terribly important, just curious. I would not have thought they were brothers if I wasn't told.

Link to the bolded. This is the first time I've ever heard that

I think that witness may have mistaken the black Mercedes SUV for a black police SUV. There was a black police SUV that was sent, driverless, towards the suspects when they were still beside the Honda and Mercedes. It looked very much like the black SUV that was crashed into a couple of cars in a driveway adjacent to where the suspects were shooting.

JMO

This is what I love about this forum. Had I not gone into medicine, I would have gone into law or law enforcement. I am enjoying the camaraderie and discussions. Few at the hospital discuss these cases or issues, in the small amount of time we have to discuss anything.

What is this grooming process you are referring to?

The sexual grooming process that pedophiles exhibit.
I'm not saying he was abusing her.
But the intimidation and her seeming to want to make him happy so she could stay reminds me if how pedophiles groom their victims.

Again, I have no clue if that thought even crossed his mind. I was just very uncomfortable watching the exchange between the two.

He was in control and forcing her to do as he said.
He may have been just playing with her.

But it was inappropriate IMO

grooming process
http://www.commit2kids.ca/app/en/the_grooming_process

About TT, resisting arrest. It is quite common for people in medical shock, injuries to the head, or intense pain to exhibit combative behavior. He was probably in pretty bad shape when LE took him into custody and down to the ground. He was also in a combative mode to begin with and this was probably exacerbated by injuries, etc. Blood pressure and blood sugar levels can spike when the body suffers extreme trauma. No doubt, the police were struggling to get him restrained.
https://www.google.com/search?q=inj...87,d.dmQ&fp=8228c8e49a31e84b&biw=1280&bih=601

Not even close to the same, polar opposites

Soldiers and countries do not wage war in the name of a god
Terrorists do

Soldiers fight other combatants who know they are out there, everyone is armed
Terrorists sneak in kill unarmed non combatants who have no idea what's about to happen

War has an end game, a goal
Terrorism has no end game, no true direction no loyalties. Terrorists from the same group will drop a bomb on strangers in NY as fast as they will their own people Beirut.

If it was the same for terrorists they'd come out in the light of day tell the world who they are and fight other armed forces, but they don't they hide and killed unarmed people and only announce their identities after the damage has been done

I did not mean to say I think it is the same.I was trying to figure out why and how it is possible that there is terrorism in the first place? How is it possible?
I have gotten answers in this thread that make a lot of sense to me.The terrorist sees himself as a soldier.To him it is the same .

I think that witness may have mistaken the black Mercedes SUV for a black police SUV. There was a black police SUV that was sent, driverless, towards the suspects when they were still beside the Honda and Mercedes. It looked very much like the black SUV that was crashed into a couple of cars in a driveway adjacent to where the suspects were shooting.

JMO
aha that's right. I remember that.. they did mistake it
good memory you

About TT, resisting arrest. It is quite common for people in medical shock, injuries to the head, or intense pain to exhibit combative behavior. He was probably in pretty bad shape when LE took him into custody and down to the ground. He was also in a combative mode to begin with and it was probably exacerbated by injuries, etc. Blood pressure and blood sugar levels can spike when the body suffers extreme trauma. No doubt, the police were struggling to get him restrained.
https://www.google.com/search?q=inj...87,d.dmQ&fp=8228c8e49a31e84b&biw=1280&bih=601
That's very true JustK. When a code gray is called in the hospital, the usual reasons (when involving a patient or client) are hypoxia, hypoglycemia, dementia, medications, or hospital psychosis type issues. Very often people experiencing life threatening issues such as a pulmonary embolism, almost always have an aura (perhaps from a chemical shift) and become very panicky. That may even happen prior to vital sign changes.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ome-through/FDYWcVZdGaZ6J7XjIiWhSJ/story.html

$20,000 outstanding balance for DT's college, and he was still allowed to register?

No, it's not exactly like that. And please don't trust that number- we've gotten 10 emails today about this news item. It's simply not the way it appears.

The sexual grooming process that pedophiles exhibit.
I'm not saying he was abusing her.
But the intimidation and her seeming to want to make him happy so she could stay reminds me if how pedophiles groom their victims.

Again, I have no clue if that thought even crossed his mind. I was just very uncomfortable watching the exchange between the two.

He was in control and forcing her to do as he said.
He may have been just playing with her.

But it was inappropriate IMO

grooming process
http://www.commit2kids.ca/app/en/the_grooming_process

I didn't get that from the video at all. Had I seen this video without knowing what this guy did to other people later, I'd think he was a teenage boy doing the equivalent of "roughhousing" with a little kid. I have a few older brothers exactly like this and I felt a rush of annoyance listening to it, but I don't think it was necessarily abusive.

This was a while before we knew him as a bomber right?Anyone know when that video was shot that woud intersting to know?

One of the cable news shows said it was filmed in March, but I don't know if that's March of this year or March 2012.

I didn't get that from the video at all. Had I seen this video without knowing what this guy did to other people later, I'd think he was a teenage boy doing the equivalent of "roughhousing" with a little kid. I have a few older brothers exactly like this and I felt a rush of annoyance listening to it, but I don't think it was necessarily abusive.

I didn't get what some are seeing either.

I'm a big brother to 3 sisters Ami, I apologize for all the big brothers in the world, we can be a ornery bunch ...lol

I'm also the father of three daughters and all i see in the video is teasing. I will say I think it's impossible to judge either way based on that snippet of video, you'd have to look at it in context to their relationship and have a lot more information but for myself I see nothing other than messing with the kid.

Would this be tried by the state or the feds??? So confusing, all the charges, and lack of charges.
gramcracker said:
04-23-2013, 03:45 PM
CNN just announced that Suffolk County DA will not seek charges. ceding all charging authority to feds. fed guidelines provide sufficient penalties. reserving the right to charge later if co-conspirators are found
April 24. 2013
Tsarnaev was charged by a federal court, but he could still face charges in state court for a number of state crimes, including the murder of MIT security officer Sean Collier, kidnapping and carjacking of a man from a convenience store in the Boston suburb of Allston, and other serious state crimes.

Currently, the state does not plan to introduce state charges against Tsarnaev, said Jake Wark, press secretary for the Suffolk County district attorney who handles all violent crime in Boston. Wark said that in the first few hours after the explosions near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office was responsible for the case and handled it like any triple murder investigation. But after the call came from Washington late Monday afternoon, the district attorney’s office deferred to the United States Attorney’s Office to proceed with the terrorism investigation.
http://www.pewstates.org/projects/s...deral-roles-in-boston-bomber-case-85899471009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member