Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #11 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His burial seemed to turn into quit a mess that I'm sure wasn't anticipated by those involved. The uncle claimed the body and probably felt responsible to due so, being family. The funeral home that agreed to take his body became stuck with it because no one would bury the body. Cremation wasn't an option because of the Muslim faith. Russia didn't want him or there was some reason why he wasn't shipped back there. I never did figure out why they didn't send him back to Russia. A airline in my city, offered to do so for free. But Russia would have been even less sympathetic and probably just destroyed the body if they allowed it to be shipped there to begin with.

They had to do something with the body. I am one that would rather have seen it cremated. I have to sympathize with those that were stuck in limbo with the body because of what I'll just call "red tape". I'm not happy that he was buried on US soil but it wasn't my decision. I think it's ridiculous that the location was released. I don't know why this woman chose to do this. I got slammed by a friend because I mentioned cremation. I was told I wasn't a good "Christian" and everybody makes mistakes, he should have a proper Muslim burial. Maybe this woman felt the way my friend felt and thought she was doing good.

I guess I'll just be happy that we live in a world, where we all have a right to have our own opinions. :)

Maybe this debate will result in a procedure being put in place for burial of those that commit terrorist attacks.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/10/us/boston-bombings-russian-intel/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Interesting wording that he is saying the ball really got dropped.

And Russia is a whole another country. Does US really expect that Russia would reveal everything they had on TT? Does US tell Russia everything? FBI was warned-the FBI has capability to investigate, don't they? After Russia warned US, why didn't FBI found that information? FBI has the ability to track phone conversations and text messages. Why didn't FBI uncover those same text messages after being warned by Russia?

The text messages were between TT and his mother about wanting to join a militant group against Russia. Against Russia. So they're saying that when Russia warned the US that a Chechen living in the US was becoming radicalized against a regime thousands of miles away, we should have tapped his phone, found messages between TT and his mother that have been described as "vague" hints of his desire to become militant fighting Russia in the Caucasus, and then from that we were to suspect him of carrying out an attack NOT against Russia, but against the US? It makes no sense to me.

Chechen rebels, no matter how radical, aren't normally considered a threat to the US. I'm not sure how we think that text message alone would have alerted us to consider him a threat to US security.

The text messages were between TT and his mother about wanting to join a militant group against Russia. Against Russia. So they're saying that when Russia warned the US that a Chechen living in the US was becoming radicalized against a regime thousands of miles away, we should have tapped his phone, found messages between TT and his mother that have been described as "vague" hints of his desire to become militant fighting Russia in the Caucasus, and then from that we were to suspect him of carrying out an attack NOT against Russia, but against the US? It makes no sense to me.

Chechen rebels, no matter how radical, aren't normally considered a threat to the US. I'm not sure how we think that text message alone would have alerted us to consider him a threat to US security.

I suspect that FBI was thinking the exact same thing. Why bother since it's likely that if he does something, it will be against Russia. Oops.

Separate this into two thoughts

Fact:
Our cemeteries are already holding plenty people like that in much more conspicuous locations. At least he's in an unmarked grave in a cemetery with nothing but unmarked graves.

My opinion:
If as a nation we are always going to play the moral high ground card for the world to see then we have to live by it too. We bury our enemies, we treat them in a respectful way, always have and should continue down that path in the future.

Good post, ITA.

Up here in Boston, there are English soldiers from the revolutionary war buried right in the city. Enemies, maybe, but treated respectfully in death.

Really, as human beings, it's pretty much the bare minimum to bury the dead. I'm reminded that in CCD (Sunday school for Catholics) we learned the corporal works of mercy - physical, material acts tha are basically part of being not just a good catholic, but a decent human being. The last of corporal work of mercy is "Bury the Dead".

:twocents:

Ted was cremated and scattered over the Cascade Mountains, where he left numerous victims.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

Ouch. Thanks, I didn't know where/how his remains were taken care of.

Still, the point remains - we still remember his victims with love and compassion, and Ted, well, he is remembered for the murderer that he was. And last I was there, the Cascades are still beautiful, in spite of those ashes. :)

I suspect that FBI was thinking the exact same thing. Why bother since it's likely that if he does something, it will be against Russia. Oops.

I agree, the FBI probably should track all vague threats made by Chechen rebels fighting in the Caucasus just in case they change their minds and attack the US instead. Never mind that Chechens have never before attacked the US, we can't afford to ignore vague threats made against other countries by their own rebel forces.

Seriously though. IMO if the potential terrorist doesn't make direct threats, doesn't have a real "cell", doesn't communicate electronically about their target, doesn't have contact with larger and more well-known threats to the US, doesn't purchase sophisticated equipment, and generally doesn't generate "chatter" -- then even a close watch by the FBI won't stop them from loading a bag with a pipe bomb and doing damage in an open public place. Scary, yes, and therefore preferable to think the FBI could somehow stop all threats like this in the future, but that's just unrealistic.

Separate this into two thoughts

Fact:
Our cemeteries are already holding plenty people like that in much more conspicuous locations. At least he's in an unmarked grave in a cemetery with nothing but unmarked graves.

My opinion:
If as a nation we are always going to play the moral high ground card for the world to see then we have to live by it too. We bury our enemies, we treat them in a respectful way, always have and should continue down that path in the future.

Sending him home would have been just as respectful.

Or a burial at sea.

He was not a citizen here.

JMO

American soil is special.
He was not an American citizen.
He should have been shipped back to where he came from.

Nobody said the nation would not survive. But sometimes it's about principle. There are a lot of things people (Americans) feel passionately about. Not because of the inability to survive, but because its wrong!

We obviously will never agree on this.
But we are both entitled to our opinions.

But, it's offensive to call someone's opinion irrational and superstitious because you don't share it.

JMO
Just hitting the thanks button was not enough. This deserves to be reposted.

http://tinyurl.com/cq4thjk

Boston Bombing Suspects Implicated In 2011 Triple Murder: Officials

From ABC:

Now law enforcement officials tell ABC News that some crime scene forensic evidence provided a match to the two Tsarnaev brothers [Tamerlan Tsarnaev and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev]. The officials also said records of cell phones used by the Tsarnaevs appears to put them in the area of the murders on that date.

The law enforcement officials who spoke to ABC on condition of anonymity, said they were waiting on further DNA evidence before bringing an indictment against Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

So there was forensic evidence collected at the scene of the triple murders, including DNA? I presume they would have spoken to family, friends, associates of the 3 victims at the time, and TT was allegedly a good friend of Mess? Did they not get around to questioning him (and all other associates) at the time and checking for a match with this DNA evidence? I would have thought that would be essential preliminary enquiries, to use that evidence to eliminate anyone known to have associated with the victims.

But now we have more anonymous officials leaking information suggesting that TT/DT may have been at the apartment/in the area on the day of the murders. Again that tells us nothing unless they have more evidence. It just continues to fan the flames, IMO.

I understand why some people don't want him buried here. It's not about the burial. The emotions run much deeper, they becomes personal.

It's like someone came to my house as a guest. We fed him, we clothed him, we sent him to school with our own money. But he ended up murdering my brothers and hurting my sisters. The police shot him but nobody wanted his body including his own family. Other people decided he should be buried in my backyard. If I was not mad, call me crazy! :stormingmad:

So there was forensic evidence collected at the scene of the triple murders, including DNA? I presume they would have spoken to family, friends, associates of the 3 victims at the time, and TT was allegedly a good friend of Mess? Did they not get around to questioning him (and all other associates) at the time and checking for a match with this DNA evidence? I would have thought that would be essential preliminary enquiries, to use that evidence to eliminate anyone known to have associated with the victims.

But now we have more anonymous officials leaking information suggesting that TT/DT may have been at the apartment/in the area on the day of the murders. Again that tells us nothing unless they have more evidence. It just continues to fan the flames, IMO.

From what has been reported, TT was never interviewed on that case. So, nobody checked if he matched DNA evidence, obviously.

Easier said than done. Russia needs to approve of that happening and as reported last week they were not going to allow it to happen.

Russia didn't want him. Big surprise.

From what has been reported, TT was never interviewed on that case. So, nobody checked if he matched DNA evidence, obviously.

He wasn't interviewed, let alone DNA tested, although he was suspected to be a radical Islamist.

Unbelievable.

He wasn't interviewed, let alone DNA tested, although he was suspected to be a radical Islamist.

Unbelievable.

Are we allowed to take DNA samples from people for being radical Islamists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RLP