Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #11 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
8? I have read "at least 3" officials, but where is the report that there were 8?
Since I was not there, and since there is an official investigation being done, I guess its best to wait for the facts to be provided.
Judging from the description of the recent fight he had over a parking space, I would say his punches are more lethal than most.

Was the shooting justified? Were the agents in imminent danger? I don't know, I wasn't there. But I have not eliminated it from the realm of possibility.

Anything reported from the media, or for that matter anyone who was not there (ie. his ex-wife and friend, etc) needs to be taken with a grain of salt until the facts are released. I would be surprised if they did not have an audio, if not video, recording of the interview.

I have read two LE officers and one FBI agent.

I've never seen anything saying 8.

From your link:

Was recently a former mixed martial arts fighter. This skill puts his fighting ability way above that of a normal person.

Victim appeared unconscious, there was lots of blood, split lip, teeth knocked loose, head injury.

***this was just from his HANDS!
With his temper and his ability to do great bodily harm with just his hands, I'd say this guy was a very dangerous man.

JMO

The media reports on this have been all over the map. Whether that is due to poor reporting or mixed messages coming from LE is hard to say. I can't remember if the FBI or LE has issued any official info on what happened, have they? I seem to recall the number in the apartment as 5 (1 FBI, 2 MA state police, 2 orlando police - though i seem to recall one report about 2 FBI but who knows). I will assume for now the shooting was justified. But certainly something went very wrong in that apartment. They really needed that guy for further info and possible testimony, and its certainly embarassing (to say the least) to the FBI that it turned out this way. Hopefully we will soon have a full report from the FBI or police on what happened. The longer this hangs around with an official report, the worse it looks.

To be honest, I really don't think we will ever see charges filed in connection to the triple homicide and we still haven't received a concise and official confirmation that IT's alleged verbal "confession" was corroborated. It's now become clear the likelihood of him signing the confession was slim to zero chance. He probably starting talking under duress and then lashed out in the final hour. It was 8 hours of serious interogation. 2 suspects are dead, neither charged in connection with the crime and now we have more questions than we begun with. It hasn't been ideal. Can we say beyond reasonable doubt that the murderer(s) responsible for the 2011 slayings are off the street (or dead) now?

To be honest, I really don't think we will ever see charges filed in connection to the triple homicide and we still haven't received a concise and official confirmation that IT's alleged verbal "confession" was corroborated. It's now become clear the likelihood of him signing the confession was slim to zero chance. He probably starting talking under duress and then lashed out in the final hour. It was 8 hours of serious interogation. 2 suspects are dead, neither charged in connection with the crime and now we have more questions than we begun with. It hasn't been ideal. Can we say beyond reasonable doubt that the murderer(s) responsible for the 2011 slayings are off the street (or dead) now?

BBM

IMO No, we can't.
Because it's still an ongoing investigation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...d7f80c-c936-11e2-9245-773c0123c027_story.html

The first time, they asked him about the bombing. The second time, his father said, they asked him about a triple murder in Waltham, Mass., that police suspect Tsarnaev may have carried out. The third interview, which took place at Todashev’s home and included Massachusetts state troopers, ended with his death, his father said.

Todashev said he learned of his son’s death when Khusen Taramov, a friend and fellow-Chechen, called him. Taramov had been at Todashev’s apartment the night of May 22. The FBI called and asked Ibragim Todashev to come by for more questioning, but he told them they could find him at home, his father said Thursday.

http://tinyurl.com/mgxbgal

The father of a Chechen immigrant killed in Florida while being interrogated by the FBI about his ties to a Boston Marathon bombings suspect said Thursday that the U.S. agents killed his son "execution-style."

At news conference in Moscow, Abdul-Baki Todashev showed journalists 16 photographs that he said were of his son, Ibragim, in a Florida morgue. He said his son had six gunshot wounds to his torso and one to the back of his head and the pictures were taken by his son's friend, Khusen Taramov.

It was not immediately possible to authenticate the photographs.

Eventaully we should be able to see the medical examiner's autopsy report. That should tell us something.

I don't understand, the fella was not under arrest, it was his home. If he wants the questioning to end, why did'nt the FBI just leave if he's getting aggitated, they are supposed to be professionals. Or get the dude a lawyer-he should not of been alone with FBI for 8 hours.

Fights about parking and road rage are really common, sadly not a big deal.. The FBI knew he was a MMA fighter, so their plan was-we will just shoot him if he gets upset?

So if an all American guy was in Chechnya (or any country) not under arrest in his own home-and the cops shoot him dead--the American public would find this acceptable?
MOO JMO blah blah

I don't understand, the fella was not under arrest, it was his home. If he wants the questioning to end, why did'nt the FBI just leave if he's getting aggitated, they are supposed to be professionals. Or get the dude a lawyer-he should not of been alone with FBI for 8 hours.

Fights about parking and road rage are really common, sadly not a big deal.. The FBI knew he was a MMA fighter, so their plan was-we will just shoot him if he gets upset?

So if an all American guy was in Chechnya (or any country) not under arrest in his own home-and the cops shoot him dead--the American public would find this acceptable?
MOO JMO blah blah

I've never heard of LE or the FBI stopping the questioning of a suspect because they were getting agitated.
We have not heard that he asked the questioning to end or asked for an attorney.

His fight in the parking lot WAS a big deal. The report is linked in this thread.

If the American lunged toward an official causing injury and the official to fear for his life, I'd say the others country's officials had a right to defend themselves. Totally acceptable.

JMO

MOO JMO blah blah

Why would they leave if he was 'agitated'? He was the prime suspect in a cold blooded killing and a close confident of the terrorist brother team. Why would they leave if he seemed agitated? That would have been highly irresponsible of them to get him riled up and then walk away, leaving him to harm someone else.

He was an MMA fighter. If he lunged at the FBI, I bet it was a serious and aggressive action. I have no problem with them shooting if he was attacking one of the agents. :moo:

I'd like to see his timeline after coming to the US. Did he study like he told his father and for how long? Did he have a job that was enough to pay his bills and if not where was the money coming from? Where did he live and over what time period? I would like to know how he was able to afford a fairly nice car, place to live and any other luxury items he may have had including nice clothing.

It appears IT and TT both were able to live comfortably, with no way of showing exactly where the money was coming from. I don't think it's customary for women to be married to and support guys that they don't even live with on salaries that they would be barely able to support themselves on. So, I don't necessarily believe that mom or wives were providing them with a ton of cash until I see it stated by someone else but them.

Thats something I've noticed too BeginnersLuck. These guys seemed to have money when they didn't seem to be very well employed. Especially when you consider the amount of traveling that they did.

http://tinyurl.com/mgxbgal

The father of a Chechen immigrant killed in Florida while being interrogated by the FBI about his ties to a Boston Marathon bombings suspect said Thursday that the U.S. agents killed his son "execution-style."

At news conference in Moscow, Abdul-Baki Todashev showed journalists 16 photographs that he said were of his son, Ibragim, in a Florida morgue. He said his son had six gunshot wounds to his torso and one to the back of his head and the pictures were taken by his son's friend, Khusen Taramov.

It was not immediately possible to authenticate the photographs.
Awesome post - was so interested in how this is being reported over there! Just like we expected, BUT it is really all the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member