Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #11 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The distraught mother of Boston Marathon bombing mastermind Tamerlan Tsarnaev wants his body sent home to Russia, the funeral director caring for the remains said today.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...ctor_bomber_s_mom_wants_body_buried_in_russia

Of course she's saying that - as long as it doesn't cost her a red cent. The funeral home director has stated that he'll pay for the transport of the remains to Russia.

The only thing that worries me about that, though, is if his delusional mother gets her wish, she'll probably try to turn his gravesite into a martyr's shrine for anti-Western extremists, or she'll go off the deep end altogether & claim that the remains aren't Tamerlan's. I wouldn't put anything past this woman.

The distraught mother of Boston Marathon bombing mastermind Tamerlan Tsarnaev wants his body sent home to Russia, the funeral director caring for the remains said today.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...ctor_bomber_s_mom_wants_body_buried_in_russia

Good article. The funeral director seems like a good man. I hope he doesn't lose any business for being kind enough to house the body. I actually really love the quote:

“This isn’t a state or a federal issue; it’s the family’s issue,” the governor told reporters at an event in New Bedford. “And the family has some options. I assume they will make a decision soon. I hope they do. I think everybody is feeling upset about what happened. But we showed the world in the immediate aftermath of the attacks what a civilization looks like, and I’m proud of what we showed and I think we continue to do that by stepping back and let the family make their decisions.”

Hear hear. When he says the family has some options, I assume he means that someone would help financially to ship him back to Russia - Uncle Ruslan, or some private donor who wants shot of TT being in the US. Or cremation.

I feel like the country has done enough for the Tsarnaev family between welfare and aid, medical care for both sons that will never be repaid, a potential trial for DT, prison care for life. Are they really relying on the US for making the decision about the body and financing and organizing transport?

I think I'd get too angry if I saw a final bill for how much we've now paid for that family to exist, never mind the amount the bombing, search, rescues, hospital care, etc has cost, and the sheer amount of human pain. IMO let them work out the details and finances of the body transport themselves. It's ludicrous at this point to lean on this country for more.

Good article. The funeral director seems like a good man. I hope he doesn't lose any business for being kind enough to house the body. I actually really love the quote:

Hear hear. When he says the family has some options, I assume he means that someone would help financially to ship him back to Russia - Uncle Ruslan, or some private donor who wants shot of TT being in the US. Or cremation.

I feel like the country has done enough for the Tsarnaev family between welfare and aid, medical care for both sons that will never be repaid, a potential trial for DT, prison care for life. Are they really relying on the US for making the decision about the body and financing and organizing transport?

I think I'd get too angry if I saw a final bill for how much we've now paid for that family to exist, never mind the amount the bombing, search, rescues, hospital care, etc has cost, and the sheer amount of human pain. IMO let them work out the details and finances of the body transport themselves. It's ludicrous at this point to lean on this country for more.

BBM

Not to mention the $250,000,000 - $333,000,000 it reportedly cost (in lost business revenues, lost wages, etc.) when the city was shut down for a day.

http://www.businessweek.com/article...illion-to-shut-down-boston-for-a-day#r=hpt-fs

I also think the funeral director sounds like a kind, decent, civilized man. The problem is the "distraught" mom not wanting to stay out of the limelight. A dollar to a doughnut hole she changes her mind, again, before arrangements can be made, keeping this poor man and Uncle Ruslan on the spot and dangling as long as she can. I'm glad the media coverage on her has waned, but I'm sure she'll keeping talking and twisting as long as anyone will listen. All MOO

From your link:

In the same article, the funeral director said he'll foot the bill himself (to transport the remains to Russia).

Why would he "foot the bill" for the transport. He's in the business of funerals and burials. The Uncle was prepared to pay for that here. Sounds like $5,000, to ship him to Russia, is about the same price as a regular funeral. The Uncle or family can pay.

there are countries where if an American, say a Christian dies, the community would not want to bury the person. How would we feel as Americans? We would decry their barbarity.

I think we are better than that and we need to show the world that. I agree that a named plot would not be good. People make shrines out of all kinds of graves.

What do they do for the stars who die? I do not know. Elvis or Michael Jackson, for instance? Not that I am equating them to the bomber, just the issues of people coming to the grave

there are countries where if an American, say a Christian dies, the community would not want to bury the person. How would we feel as Americans? We would decry their barbarity.

I think we are better than that and we need to show the world that. I agree that a named plot would not be good. People make shrines out of all kinds of graves.

What do they do for the stars who die? I do not know. Elvis or Michael Jackson, for instance? Not that I am equating them to the bomber, just the issues of people coming to the grave

I don't think we're being barbaric. We're publicly and peacefully debating a very painful issue. His family has access to his body, has performed his religious rituals and the person overseeing his temporary resting place is being respectful and kind. If it were reversed, and an American expat had blown the legs off innocent adults and little kids at a peaceful celebration in a different country, I think I'd understand if that country wanted to ship him back to us.

I heard the Funeral Representative say that he wanted to contact the State Dept. re: shipping TT back to Russia. That is not necessary. Ruslan has said he would take care of the expenses. The mother has said she wants him in Russia. Commercial airlines have coordinated protocols for the transport of dead bodies. All they need to do is buy the ticket and load him on a plane. What's the freakin' problem? There isn't one. He can leave, now. He can be buried in Daghastan next to his friend, William Plotnikov, IMO.

http://www.mad.uscourts.gov/training/pdf/2161aff.pdf

The accounts don't match. Here's DK's account.
Timeline:
April 18
4:00 pm Tazhayakov dropped off at his apartment by DT
4:00 or 5:00 pm ZT's dorm roommate says DT left dorm
5:00 pm FBI releases photos
6:00 or 7:00 pm DK, AT, and RP go to DT's dorm room after RP has informed DK that photos of Boston bombers look like DT. DK texts DT.
8:43-8:48 pm DT texts DK various texts including "come to my room and take whatever you like."
? DK takes DT's backpack with fireworks and laptop and leaves with AT and RP and goes back to his apartment
10:00 pm DK takes backpack with fireworks, puts into black trash bag, and throws into dumpster near apartment

I heard the Funeral Representative say that he wanted to contact the State Dept. re: shipping TT back to Russia. That is not necessary. Ruslan has said he would take care of the expenses. The mother has said she wants him in Russia. Commercial airlines have coordinated protocols for the transport of dead bodies. All they need to do is buy the ticket and load him on a plane. What's the freakin' problem? There isn't one. He can leave, now. He can be buried in Chechnya next to his friend, William Plotnikov, IMO.

WP's not buried in Chechny, he's in Dagestan. TT's parents live in Dagestan.

William Plotnikov's final resting place in Dagestan.

http://images.newscred.com/cD1hMWQz...jY5MGU3NzZjNzJiNjE3OTEyZDM3MDdlZmU1?width=620

I heard the Funeral Representative say that he wanted to contact the State Dept. re: shipping TT back to Russia. That is not necessary. Ruslan has said he would take care of the expenses. The mother has said she wants him in Russia. Commercial airlines have coordinated protocols for the transport of dead bodies. All they need to do is buy the ticket and load him on a plane. What's the freakin' problem? There isn't one. He can leave, now. He can be buried in Chechnya next to his friend, William Plotnikov, IMO.

Someone on the boards, not sure if it was you JustK, said that's what their company did, I wonder if they can give us details on what it takes. If it was you JustK, can you say who hads to be notified idf they send him to Dag/Russia, etc

Someone on the boards, not sure if it was you JustK, said that's what their company did, I wonder if they can give us details on what it takes. If it was you JustK, can you say who hads to be notified idf they send him to Dag/Russia, etc

Wasn't me. I read in one of the newspapers that it is common practice...sending bodies to other countries. They use dry ice and they require embalming. Then the body is placed in the cargo area.

Someone posted a commentary from an Islamic writer. It speaks that this is not ideal and is in fact frowned upon by conservative Islam. But, already TT's body has not been interred within 24 hours and several Mosques have stated that they would not conduct any Islamic burial ceremony for him.

Shipping him to Russia wouldn't change the fact that no Islamic Mosque has agreed to treat him as an honorable Moslem/Muslim/follower of Islam and Mohammed.

My heart goes out to Ruslan Tsarni.

IMO, I think Ruslan has always tried to do what he perceives to be the right thing for his extended family members. When Tamerlan was alive, before they became estranged, Ruslan tried to guide him, to no avail.

He strongly denounced his terrorist nephews' actions the moment he heard the news of their heinous crimes. He didn't try to deny their evil deeds the way their vile parents' & aunt did. He earned my respect when he did so.

I'm glad Uncle Ruslan has good friends who are trying to help him deal with this mess.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/379079/3/Cemeteries-refuse-to-bury-Boston-bombing-suspect

However, I understand why Cambridge City Manager Robert Healy has refused to issue a deed for a cemetery plot.

Above quote from same link.

I hope an anonymous gravesite can be found, and that Uncle Ruslan can bury his nephew secretly, so that this matter can be resolved & he can move on with his life.

IMO, as long as no one knows that this terrorist is buried in the same cemetery as their loved one(s), then what they don't know won't affect them (psychologically & emotionally). As other posters have mentioned, it's not as if his corpse can rise up out of the grave & hurt anyone. It's just an empty shell.

Do I believe that this terrorist deserves to be eulogized @ a funeral? Absolutely not. But his remains need to be buried, despite his evil deeds. I do believe that his family member (Uncle Ruslan), who has taken it upon himself to carry this burden, deserves resolution so that he can move forward & focus on his own life & his own family.

He may need to relinquish his desire for his nephew to be buried in Massachusetts, and accept one of the out of state offers.

ITA with your feelings about uncle Ruslan. He is doing the decent thing, stepping up in a very unpleasant situation and does what needs to be done.

Hmm, it also says: Phillipos would be under home confinement at a home other than his own....

Anyone know why?

Was he staying at the dorm before?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/05/us/boston-suspect-friends/index.html

I saw the interview on CNN. Azamat Tazhayakov's father said his son only was in the wrong place at the wrong time mangling with he wrong people. According to his father, Azamat Tazhayakov still doesn't believe DT did the bombing.

"Tazhayakov's father, who lives in Kazakhstan, spoke to CNN in New York. He said he met with his son last week for about 40 minutes.
Both father and son believe in the U.S. justice system, Ismagulov said. The government will get to the bottom of what happened and let Tazhayakov go, said the father, speaking in Russian.

Ismagulov said his son always admired and wanted to come to the United States. He was here to study engineering and work in the oil business, his father said.
Teenagers sometimes do stupid things, said Ismagulov, stressing that his son didn't know he was doing anything wrong.
He was in the "wrong place, (at the) wrong time, with (the) wrong people," he said.
Ismagulov said that he asked his son whether he had wanted to help Tsarnaev.
He apparently told his father no, saying that if they had wanted to help Tsarnaev, he and Kadyrbayev would have thrown out the bombing suspect's laptop and buried his backpack in the ground.
Investigators found the backpack, loaded with fireworks, in a landfill after a two-day search.
Tsarnaev's laptop was turned over by Kadyrbayev on April 19, the same day the FBI raided the apartment he shared with Tazhayakov, Kadyrbayev's attorney Robert Stahl said.
"

it was me. repatriation of mortal remains vary from country to country. generally speaking the body must be embalmed and placed in a zinc lined coffin. regardless of religious beliefs it is then "booked" on a commercial flight.

http://www.mad.uscourts.gov/training/pdf/2161aff.pdf

The accounts don't match. Here's DK's account.
Timeline:
April 18
4:00 pm Tazhayakov dropped off at his apartment by DT
4:00 or 5:00 pm ZT's dorm roommate says ZT left dorm
5:00 pm FBI releases photos
6:00 or 7:00 pm DK, AT, and RP go to ZT's dorm room after RP has informed DK that photos of Boston bombers look like ZT. DK texts ZT.
8:43-8:48 pm ZT texts DK various texts including "come to my room and take whatever you like."
? DK takes ZT's backpack with fireworks and laptop and leaves with AT and RP and goes back to his apartment
10:00 pm DK takes backpack with fireworks, puts into black trash bag, and throws into dumpster near apartment

who's ZT?

Too much attention is being given to TT and his burial! It may be a problem, but the media needs to stop all info coming out about it. Get his name off the front page, he does not deserve all this publicity. Do we really care where his remains are placed?

Bury him in a paupers section - unmarked. Go out of the Boston area. With the government's help, they can find a place. Be discreet! So the Muslim rules aren't followed, who is he to expect anything after what he did?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member