Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So that training video of the brothers was taken just 3 days before the bombings. I'm not sure why they needed to be in good shape to set down bombs casually, then walk away, but it appears they did some training ahead of time.

Maybe for the cop battle.

makes you think they knew the confrontation with le was inevitable, and placed the bombs anyway

I suspect they were just going about their normal activities? That's what they both seemed to do after the bombing as well.

makes you think they knew the confrontation with le was inevitable, and placed the bombs anyway

I think they were planning more attacks had they not been caught. But I think they knew eventually they would be. And I also think they were prepared to go down fighting, killing as many as they could before finally being taken down. To become martyrs for "the cause".

JMO

Because they knew how many cameras were there, because they didn't try to disguise themselves and because they killed the MIT officer and carjacked the Mercedes owner, it seems very likely that they had every intent to engage LE.

So that training video of the brothers was taken just 3 days before the bombings. I'm not sure why they needed to be in good shape to set down bombs casually, then walk away, but it appears they did some training ahead of time.

Maybe for the cop battle.

I suspect they were just going about their normal activities? That's what they both seemed to do after the bombing as well.

I wonder if the main purpose for them going to the gym wasn't just to work out, maybe it was used as a diversion...maybe they were meeting someone there? Intelligence? Orders or a plan?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...-post-marathon-coverage-19339099#.UbCtPJwQMYA
"Two Massachusetts residents have sued the New York Post, saying the newspaper falsely portrayed them as suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings."

I hope they win as much as they can although the Post will probably settle (they've been through this before). There should be repercussions for a news organization to splash pictures of innocent people on their front page, draw circles around their head and call them bagmen. The NY Post has become the newspaper equivilent of 4Chan.

Oh, the all nighters spent here doing Where's Waldo!

Another article here / CNN's cover story:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/07/justice/new-york-cover-suit/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

"Pair sue newspaper over 'Bag Men' portrayal after Boston bombings"

130607025334-01-bag-men-0607-story-top.jpg

IIRC I do not have a link at this time, (will look) but if memory serves me correct the description of the suspects was released black cap white cap backpack, etc. It was the public that spotted the two individuals that got the attention of the media, iirc the photo was found and posted on social media. Only after that did LE/FBI release the real suspects. The difference to me was that the white cap suspect was suppose to have his cap on backwards, which he did. The authorities knew by appearance who the suspects were and were probably trying to ID them but we "the public" couldn't wait so we picked out the two wrong guys. Not the police or the media. It was the description of clothing that tagged them, nothing more nothing less. jmo

Has the third guy here(training with the Tsarnaev brothers) at Waikru gym been identified? His face is photoshopped out on the still photo, but on the video you can see him. Certainly LE/FBI have found him and interviewed him. Do we know that?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4916616/boston-bombers-chechen-mystery-man.html

I read an article that said he was interviewed and cleared. I'll look for it.

ETA: Here: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/video-boston-marathon-bomber-tsarnaev-shown-new-gym-video-well-trained-conditioned-fighter-article-1.1359764
They trained with a third unidentified person, who was introduced as a friend. This man was later questioned and released by the FBI.

KarmaGet'em thanks for the link

When Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev arrived at the Wai Kru Mixed Martial Arts Center shortly before 2:45 p.m. April 12, the gym's manager noticed a conspicuous change in the older brother's appearance: his full beard of about two years was gone.

bbm, That was a red flag. :moo:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/07/justice/new-york-cover-suit/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Good for them. Something needs to happen to media spouting whatever the heck they want with no definitive sources, especially when it can cause harm to specific individuals

My mouth dropped open when I saw this unfolding. I'm sure the public's intentions were good when they thought they were trying to help identify the subjects but things like this can backfire as they did. Posting photos and identifying information on innocent people, without positive proof that they were involved is wrong in so many ways. They could have gotten someone killed. I hope there is a lesson to be learned all around by these actions and in the future more digression will be used.

I think it was the brother of Adam Lanza that also got falsely accused in SM and it went viral in the beginning before more facts came out causing a lot of unnecessary harm.

I think it's important to learn to have patience and not panic. Have trust in the authorities and their technology that the average person doesn't have available to them. When asked for tips, send them through the proper channels, don't post information on the internet or other media that could interfere with a investigation, or falsely accuse innocent people.

I'm glad these 2 innocent men are suing the NY Post. I hope they win their lawsuit & I hope they win big, if for no other reason than to give a big smack-down to irresponsible so-called *journalism*.

I also think that those who participated in the witch hunt need to take a good, long look at themselves in the mirror. I remember when all this was happening, and I regret to say that I read many posts here back in mid-April that expressed confidence that these 2 innocent men were the terrorists, simply because they looked "foreign" and may have been wearing a white cap and/or carrying a black backpack. It was repugnant then, and it became even more repugnant after the FBI released the footage of the true suspected terrorists.

IMO, so-called *good intentions* are not a justification for participating in accusing someone of terrorist acts, nor is it an excuse to blame the NY Post - since the NY Post didn't have any official FBI footage of the actual terrorists before they published their outrageous accusatory photos of 2 innocent men.

I think each and every person who participated in the witch hunt (make no mistake - it WAS a witch hunt) needs to take a good, long look at themselves in the mirror, and ask themselves "What if this had been me who was the target of unfounded terrorist accusations and speculation" or "What if this had been someone I know & love who had been unjustly maligned in such a despicable, public manner"?

Hopefully, folks have learned a lesson. I wonder how many folks who participated in the online witch hunt are worried about being named as the next potential defendant in this defamation lawsuit? If it were me, I'd be losing sleep over it.

Word to the wise: be careful what you post on a public forum, especially since these 2 innocent men WERE NOT by any legal definition recognized as public figures or limited public figures when photos of them were published online. They were innocent bystanders at a public event, whose images were coincidentally captured on someone's camera & subsequently published on the internet.

As I stated in the opening paragraph of this post: I hope the plaintiffs win their lawsuit, and I hope they win big.

My mouth dropped open when I saw this unfolding. I'm sure the public's intentions were good when they thought they were trying to help identify the subjects but things like this can backfire as they did. Posting photos and identifying information on innocent people, without positive proof that they were involved is wrong in so many ways. They could have gotten someone killed. I hope there is a lesson to be learned all around by these actions and in the future more digression will be used.

I think it was the brother of Adam Lanza that also got falsely accused in SM and it went viral in the beginning before more facts came out causing a lot of unnecessary harm.

I think it's important to learn to have patience and not panic. Have trust in the authorities and their technology that the average person doesn't have available to them. When asked for tips, send them through the proper channels, don't post information on the internet or other media that could interfere with a investigation, or falsely accuse innocent people.

I remember reading an interview with one of these boys and they said they couldn't leave their houses for a while because people still recognized them and weren't up to date on who the terrorist were and would still threaten them. They feared for their lives. Same on media. So crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back