Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KONOLEA AND EILEENE take it up with the reporter.
I think a lot should be taken up with reporters after this debacle is over. First, the blue tracksuit guy should sue the NYPost for their shoddy journalism.

If journalists slander or defame innocent people, why shouldn't people be wary of them?

Matthew Keys‏@TheMatthewKeys1m
Beth Israel Hospital: Suspect One had multiple gunshot wounds, too many to count

what is reddit?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

A website where amateur sleuthers put theories, photos and names forward. Yesterday they (and 4chan) were responsible for identifying two innocent young men, calling them suspects, which the New York Post then published on their front page.

That is something she should have shared with LE and left off the internet.

She did share it with LE (at least that's what she tweeted in response to a friend who tweeted same). Keeping off the Internet maybe a good idea, though if you read her posts you can tell she's torn. She's going on a strong hunch, but also wants confirmation. Also doesn't want guilt for not speaking up soon enough.

I suspect there may be suicide videos from the bombers out there. Has anybody found anything yet?

A website where amateur sleuthers put theories, photos and names forward. Yesterday they (and 4chan) were responsible for identifying two innocent young men, calling them suspects, which the New York Times then published on their front page.

Just MOO, but that speaks far worse of the NYT than it does of the amateur sleuthing site. The former is supposed to be professional.

Just MOO, but that speaks far worse of the NYT than it does of the amateur sleuthing site. The former is supposed to be professional.

Oh, I totally agree (check my post a bit up the page).

I just don't think Reddit is a reliable source of information. For the NYPost to lower itself to that standard is awful.

Edited to add: this one.
I think a lot should be taken up with reporters after this debacle is over. First, the blue tracksuit guy should sue the NYPost for their shoddy journalism.

If journalists slander or defame innocent people, why shouldn't people be wary of them?

Suspect #1 had more than just gunshot wounds. Not just gunshot wounds.
Burns and shrapnel, evidence of a blast. He blew himself up.

Yes. he exited the Mercedes with a bomb strapped to him. Darnit if I can't find the article now. Promise you I read that, though.

I think a lot should be taken up with reporters after this debacle is over. First, the blue tracksuit guy should sue the NYT for their shoddy journalism.

First amendment. Funny how journalism is the only industry without any regulations, isn't it?

Michael Skolnik ‏@MichaelSkolnik 58s
all trains in Boston have been suspended.

Or what about if it was all a frigging fake out so as to get it documented for an upcoming legal defense? Afterall, he's smart - very smart...

I think this is SO simple.
Somebody heard his name mentioned on the scanner and ran with it.

I think someone heard his name (maybe it was a freaking sighting) and ASSumed it was connected.
That's why I kept saying that JUST the name on the scanner was not enough for me!

Yes. he exited the Mercedes with a bomb strapped to him. Darnit if I can't find the article now. Promise you I read that, though.

Yeah I know they suspected that.
That is only more concerning about #2.
What kind of bombs does he have? :facepalm:

It was not NY Times, it was the NY Post.

"Post editor Col Allan defended the newspaper's decision to run its cover and the story, telling The Huffington Post's Michael Calderone: "We stand by our story. The image was emailed to law enforcement agencies yesterday afternoon "seeking information about these men, as our story reported. We did not identify them as suspects."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...en-front-page_n_3109052.html?utm_hp_ref=media

Matthew Keys‏@TheMatthewKeys1m
MBTA Police ordered all service on all lines suspended Friday morning until further notice

First amendment. Funny how journalism is the only industry without any regulations, isn't it?

Ah, I'm not American and I keep forgetting you guys have that rule. Our media industry is very different.

This was posted zwiebel on page 18. This is what the NYPost (thanks for the correction) did to a poor kid. It was unprofessional and it absolutely should be addressed IMO. I don't know how that can be done with your first amendment though.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2013/04/201341975840872269.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member