Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudos to a local here..... The clearer picture of suspect 2 rounding the corner from the bomb site was actually taken from someone from Jacksonville Bch, he had posted it on his FB a friend seen it said hey that looks like the guy in the FBI photo, guy contacted FBI gave him the picture. FBI Said that was the first clearer picture they had.

News source news4jax.com. Is website, heard it on tv.

Also hearing on fox these 2 suspect are from Russia been here for about a year.

NBC saying they are Chechen refugees that were living in Turkey before moving to USA. Weren't students and were here in the USA for at least a year.

Saying now they are brothers?! On NBC. Sounds like they have been here for a long time if not born here. Had driver's license. Trying to keep up.

Fox showing 2 more young men handcuffed...sitting on curb in same neighborhood..huge police presence again.

WJLA (DC's ABC outlet) is also reporting that both men are from Russia.

Legal, permanent residents of the US. Thanks scorekeeper. So were they maybe trained in another country Before they came to the US?
Just thinking out loud. :moo:

Okay, they did have U.S. identifications, I was wondering about that yesterday. Just not out loud here.

I don't know if we know if they were trained for anything before they came here, yet.

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys 1m

RT @AP: BREAKING: AP: Surviving Boston bomb suspect identified as Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, 19, of Cambridge, Mass. -SS

NBC now has names. Will post if someone doesn't beat me to it. Not sure of the spelling of names.

Fox showing 2 more young men handcuffed...sitting on curb in same neighborhood..huge police presence again.

Don't think they are related to this crime. Just idiots who didnt listen to instructions. LE being awfully cautious. They wouldn't be sitting on the curb for 15 minutes if they were suspects.

Matthew Keys‏@TheMatthewKeys2m
RT @AP: BREAKING: AP: Surviving Boston bomb suspect identified as Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, 19, of Cambridge, Mass. -SS

said brothers

Saying now they are brothers?! On NBC. Sounds like they have been here for a long time if not born here. Had driver's license. Trying to keep up.

My head is spinning. Saudi Arabia, Greece, Iraq, Pakistan, Turkey, Afghanistan ... I predict that the media will say they're from Lebanon next.

I think I'm about to give up on keeping up!!

One minute they've been here less than a year, then they've been here 5 years, then the next thing I know they were born here. I'm so mindful of the mess after Newtown because of kneejerk reporting (and the desire of each media agency to be the first to show breaking news) that I don't think I'm going to believe ANYTHING is true until it's confirmed by the FBI. And even then, maybe only after a few months (but I keep thinking back to the Olympics bombing and it took years for the truth to come out with it).

Edited to say:

I just cross posted with about 15 people. I quoted this right after wantjustice made the post and I nearly said Russia! Changed it to Lebanon because Chechnya was mentioned and I wanted to name somewhere not already in the mix. Not that Chechnya is in Russia now (can't get old geography out of my head sometimes, it's hard to unlearn stuff when it's not part of your daily work. Pluto not a planet? That sucks, but I have no problem remembering it because it's something that is often spoken about in my work).

Matthew Keys‏@TheMatthewKeys2m
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev received a City Scholarship in Cambridge, MA

Wow! So many twist and turns.

I know! Fox is showing a suitcase type container and a brown bag that sits beside the handcuffed men....and the black bomb truck and a bomb-squad officer are being shown.

FOX
Reporting

suspects last name.....tsarnaev...brothers omg. Younger white hat suspect is only 19 yrs old. They have close ties to Muslims.

What a mess! The reporting of this case has been awful. The poor guys who got called suspects but have nothing to do with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy