Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #5 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am listening to talk radio and they are reporting on this right now. Homeless vet upset nowhere to eat

That's a shame. I just hate that so many vets are homeless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he's so nervous (biting his nails and acting all messed up on the day after the marathon) he's gonna make mistakes. CMON, where the **** is he????

That's what I'm wondering. How can the entire LE -- FBI, squad teams, police, traffic cops, etc. -- not be able to find a 19-y.o. kid who might have been shot and bleeding, and some posters say is an inexperienced driver and thus, likely only on foot, in a locked-down town with empty streets?

He's likely holed up in someone's house or hiding in an alleyway or dumpster.

I've heard that there are experimental treatments in Europe (specifically Germany and Switzerland) that are not available in the US. Perhaps that? Perhaps he had family there he preferred being with while going through treatment?

As chikdren, before they came to the US, they grew up dealing with war, corruption, and chaos. Is that nota a hardship?

Guys, there is not a finite amount of compassion or understanding in the world, that we can somehow use up. Feeling compassion for what the two brothers might have been through does not mean we cannot simultaneously feel compassion for the victims who were injured or died.

I have ZERO compassion for these two, starting at the moment they began building deadly bombs in their basement. Too bad, so sad, they had hardships growing up. Who didn't? My dad died a painful death from cancer. I did not blow innocents up in response. My grandparents came here to California,penniless from the dustbowl, and scrimped and saved, and were treated like dirty hillbillies for years. Does it give me the right to blow up my community?

I have NO SYMPATHY, NO COMPASSION for these two monsters. The older one has a three yr old precious baby girl, and he could build these vicious weapons while she slept peacefully upstairs? I am sorry, but I am not going to throw either of them a pity party. They chose EVIL. I am not going to commiserate with them.

Curt Nickisch ‏@CurtNickisch 3m
[Pic] Blackhawk helicopter lands on roof of Watertown Best Buy: http://instagram.com/p/YS4Pq0orUY/ via @katiezez

That particular one happened hours ago...they also landed blackhawks in fields and random parking lots. At least 15 have dropped troops off throughout day. (Not sure if that's 15 seperate copters or 15+ total landings…

CNN anticipating news conference. Also trying to reconnect on phone with suspects' father. Dad insists that his sons were "afraid". Maybe we'll get some clarification (or not!) on what this means.

I am listening to talk radio and they are reporting on this right now. Homeless vet upset nowhere to eat

Yeah it's getting bad and will just get worse. Homeless people are being shuffled around and the kitchens are closed and the shelters are filled. I've been in that position (homeless, on methadone) and it's not pretty - at all - when you are able to get things accomplished. I'm wondering how people are doing that can't get their meds and things today. Most homeless are suffering from mental illness. Being a paranoid schizophrenic during times like these is an emergency. Being homeless and vacated from a squat or shelter or car would be awful as well. All of these people are in my thoughts today.

Yeah but they weren't making an abstract movie, they blew folks up and probably planned their own exit. I would expect them to be a bit more specific regarding their point as otherwise folks "won't get it".

Hopefully they will find a manifesto. The Dagestan thing can't be just coincidence.

IMO it doesn't look like their plan went much past the marathon bombing. They seemed to be totally winging since then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard that there are experimental treatments in Europe (specifically Germany and Switzerland) that are not available in the US. Perhaps that? Perhaps he had family there he preferred being with while going through treatment?

Wonder if government provides health care in Russia? Would cost big big bucks here!

They better hurry up and catch him ... cuz The Young & The Restless is starting in 13 minutes. :)

I ll be gone (from CNN) for an hour to watch it ... :D

A request from the fine Boston Police Department

Boston Police Dept. ‏@Boston_Police

Say a prayer 4 all of our brother & sister officers as they work 2 bring this search to safe-n-successful conclusion.

pic.twitter.com/sVcyu1XoAW

Only younger one came as a child. Older one came at 20.

I saw that later, and that is a dangerous age for that sort of thing, imho. I wonder if he already spoke English? 20 is a bad age to move somewhere so different if you don't want to (I don't know how he felt about it).

And that is the sort of age seen in so many of the NC terror cells, yep.

I thought he was in his younger teens when he came. My bad!

Ah, thanks, I did read that part but thought there might have been a theory about that (beyond it contributing to his "hardships"
There is no theory. The father had brain cancer and went to Germany for treatment.

Not to sound stupid, but how big is a drone?

Depends. Some are the size of a remote controlled toy (or smaller) and some are plane sized. They fly over us every day. I'm sure the surveillance drones are out in full force. Moo.

It seems to me that immigrating from a war-torn country would have instilled within them compassion - that is, if those who had a direct influence upon them (their parents) during their formative years modeled & taught them compassion.

I suspect that these two terrorists were exposed to hate-filled rhetoric for many years - I don't necessarily believe that they were recruited or brainwashed by an extremist Islamic group. I won't be surprised if they were instilled with hate by their own adult family members with an axe to grind against any & all governments, whether Chechen, or Russian, or US.

A person who has learned compassion DOES NOT blow up innocent civilians, DOES NOT blow up children.

These two terrorists were/are filled with hate. They learned to hate from someone. I think they learned it at home. MOO

" Even though people like to think we have the best health system in the world, it's not close to the truth. Those who have bad (or rare) conditions, it is often better, easier and cheaper to get help elsewhere."

This is a joke, right?

The only reason anyone from the U.S. would go to a foreign country is to obtain drugs or treatments that have not been FDA approved. Often experimental stuff. And they are usually very rich and very desperate.

Think Farah Fawcett seeking non-FDA approved cancer treatments in Switzerland, I think. She died anyway, of course. Same with actor Steve McQueen many years ago. He went to Mexico for unapproved treatments. And he too died anyway, of course.

In actuality - and I live in a city where many of them come, due to our transplant centers here - extremely wealthy foreigners come to the US for the latest and most advanced health care.

They don't go to Germany.

That is true. Most are holistic in nature. Germany and the Swiss have amazing schools and medical abilities. Personally though, it's not advised to be treated on German soil as a US resident. I fell while I lived there and broke my ankle. I was treated very well and felt incredibly safe but I could have used some pain meds. If I ever were to have another child, I would have it in EU not the US. Specifically in France where I have my dual citizenship. We are really far behind here in the US with GYN care. JMO

Might be a good time to go to the Scanner chatter...NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member