Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo, NBA!

Baxter Holmes ‏@BaxterHolmes 58s
Am told the @NBA will make a six-figure donation to The One Fund Boston to help victims of Monday’s Marathon bombing.

Anyone else sinking into Bad News Overload today? :doorhide:

(The tweet about the West, TX explosion didn't fit in the screengrab...)

I just don't get how he got away so darn fast. There were cops everywhere. it doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't understand how two guys could make that amount of explosive devices and a plan to use them.. just seems to me the amount points to more people.

I just don't get how he got away so darn fast. There were cops everywhere. it doesn't make any sense to me.

Along those lines, I was watching http://boston.cbslocal.com/live-video/ and they just mentioned that 911 had many calls, but no one has called to say they saw him at any time. You'd think someone, somewhere would have seen him moving around (if he is moving around).

Bizarre, for sure. I really feel for the citizens there and give them credit for cooperating with this voluntary manhunt.

But...what happens when it gets dark?

IMO

Not necessarily. Remember Klebold and Harris had a bunch of homemade bombs no one knew about. granted, most failed, but still they were able to construct and hide them.

Boston.com News ‏@BostonDotCom 1m
State Police: NO explosives found on Norfolk Street in Cambridge where suspected Marathon bombers lived. NO 'controlled explosion' needed.

I'm completely confused now.

Earlier, CBS Boston reported that synthetic powder, pipe bombs, and other explosives were found in the older brother's apartment in Cambridge.

I'm completely confused now.

Earlier, CBS Boston reported that synthetic powder, pipe bombs, and other explosives were found in the older brother's apartment in Cambridge.

Me too, I heard the same report you did. May e another location ?? :confused:

The press conference is late... but the one this morning was 3 or 4 hours late.
The cop said "between 5:30 and 6:30."
So... they aren't LATE for another 40 minutes. :seeya:

From Boston.com live blog:

State Police released a summary of the events that led to the death of bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev and the closing of metro Boston communities as law enforcement searched for his younger brother.

Police said the first indication of trouble was 10:24 p.m. when MIT police received a call from someone reporting they had heard what they thought were gunshots. Four minutes later, the 7-11 store at 750 Mass. Ave. was hit by an armed robber, but that crime was not committed by the brothers, State Police now say.

One minute later, however, authorities allege that the brothers did shoot and kill MIT police officer Sean A. Collier as the officer sat in his MIT cruiser.

Two minutes later, authorities received a call that a car had been carjacked by two men outside 816y Memorial Drive. A short time later – it was not immediately clear how long – an MBTA police officer spotted the vehicle and pursued, a chase that came to a stop in Watertown.

In the moments that followed, 200 rounds of ammunition were fired by police and apparently by the brothers. Police also recovered lots of evidence, including pieces of homemade explosives, including pipe bombs and another pressure cooker,"’ State Police said.

Also, contrary to what authorities said earlier today, no potential explosives were found on Norfolk Street in Cambridge where the two brothers lived, and a planned "controlled explosion"’ was deemed unnecessary.

"We thought a car there might have an explosive, but it did not," State Police spokesman David Procopio said in the statement.

This is crazy.

How did they lose this guy? I mean, they (LE/Authorities) were right there - in a gun fight FGS with these guys. One was killed. The other one backed over his brother in a vehicle and left. So, how did they lose him? Didn't someone follow that vehicle?

I'm sorry - I just don't get it. How did they lose him? He was right there - and then he was gone.

Its crazy.

JMHO

Not necessarily. Remember Klebold and Harris had a bunch of homemade bombs no one knew about. granted, most failed, but still they were able to construct and hide them.

They lived in large suburban houses with garages and basements...these two livedin public housing. What about the sudden influx of expensive shoes, etc. This was not a factor in Columbine. People living invery smallquarters notice nothing?

Just want to take a moment to acknowledge all the people who are working so hard to keep Boston safe and to their families who must be terribly worried about the potential for danger.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2013/04/19/20755886.html
"In my opinion, my children were set up by the secret services because they are practising Muslims," Anzor Tsarnaev told the Interfax news agency from the North Caucasus Russian city of Makhachkala"

That is untrue. Harris' dad found a bomb and bomb making materials in the garage. Not only that, they detonated bombs behind the pizza place where they worked.

That's true..
I was raised in Littleton, I will NEVER forget Klebold and Harris.

This reminds me a lot about Lee Malvo..D.C. Sniper--a younger "protégée" of an older stronger personality family member (stepfather for Malvo)
Not that I think it makes him less culpable, just saw similarities.

They lost him because they had no defense against his BOMBS.
They can shoot back at him, when he has a gun.
They can only take cover or run when he throws BOMBS.
So, that's how they lost him.

WBUR ‏@WBUR 10m
State Police: Crime scene on Norfolk Street in Cambridge now clear; controlled detonation will not happen: http://wbur.fm/Z6ymmF

Anica Butler ‏@AnicaButler 1m
Also from State Police: Evidence recovered from Watertown includes pipe bombs, another pressure cooker, more than 200 spent rounds

Anica Butler ‏@AnicaButler 3m
State Police say no detonations necessary at Cambridge/Inman Square residence of Marathon bombing suspects. Scene is "clear" says MSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Dirty