Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #6 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either they were disorganized and hadn't thought farther than the initial bombing (unlikely, IMO) or they were gearing up for a second act.

I think considering what happened Thursday night it was the latter. IMO.

Watertown Police chief believes another attack was in the works.

Anyone remember the dates the older brother left the US and was out of the country?

"six months out of 2012" but I'm not sure which 6 months.

I'm so far behind I think i'm first, but in case this hasn't been answered yet ...

Somewhere earlier today I read (don't ask me where, but i'll try to find it) that he went in January 2012

:seeya: When posting links, please use discretion to ensure credibility. That's not always easy to discern, I know. But here's the deal, if a news item is factual, a quick google search should turn up articles from legitimate sources. If none exists, it's a strong indication the story you've stumbled upon is bogus.

this is off-topic, but I know we have lots of Bostonians/New Englanders here. what is behind Boston and the song Sweet Caroline

It's just an unofficial anthem of sorts.. No real story or reason other than they play it in the 8th inning of every Red Sox game at Fenway Park, and the fans enjoy singing along with it.

He went to Russia in Jan. 2012 and came back in either June or July 2012, I read it somewhere before.

I'm so far behind I think i'm first, but in case this hasn't been answered yet ...

Somewhere earlier today I read (don't ask me where, but i'll try to find it) that he went in January 2012

Yes, January of 2012.
Russians warned US he was going to Russia to join some underground groups.
I presume he did just that.

Absentia. That quote is the "expert" opinion of the person on FoxNews. It is speculating about bomb making in general. Misinformation does not help anyone.
progress.gif

it was from a terror expert who stated suspect #1 took instructions from Al qaeda website on how to make a bomb in your mother's kitchen. I'm not spreading misinformation. I'm linking a freaking quote/video. Fox news may be spreading misinfo as they like to do. But the evidence shows they did not work alone and were part of a cell.

this is off-topic, but I know we have lots of Bostonians/New Englanders here. what is behind Boston and the song Sweet Caroline?

Neil Diamond has said he got the idea after seeing that photo of Caroline Kennedy riding her pony Macaroni on the cover of Life in '62 (altho it was five years later when he finished writing the song and seven years later when he released it). JFK was born in Brookline, a suburb of Boston, and was a US Senator from MA ... is that the connection? I've looked everywhere online and all I find are opinions/guesses. TIA

I was dragged to a Red Sox game every August of my childhood and it was never played. But I did find this. I guess someone in charge of audio at the Fenway liked it. [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Caroline"]Sweet Caroline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Wow i can look at the gore Pictures with no problems. But this is emotion. He sitting there with no legs and under no way his own circumstances with a huge smile.

He is a survivor! Surrounded with love.
He wins...

well not really... but ya know

Very interesting.

I also thought it was interesting that suspect 2 became a US citizen on that date.

Don't forget: In addition to quitting the gym or changing to a new one, shortly after the triple murder of his "only American friend" and two other men, TT left the country for 6+ months.
I also read that DT went to Russia in 2012 too. At some point he was probably in contact with TT.

Thursday, before the subjects were officially ID'd and there were only the "official" FBI pics and video, <modsnip>. I inadvertently found a seemingly unrelated story about several reports over the past few months of unexplained detonated explosives. <modsnip>
http://www.patriotledger.com/news/x711938623/Hanover-bombs-a-mystery-to-police

<modsnip>

Wow i can look at the gore Pictures with no problems. But this is emotion. He sitting there with no legs and under no way his own circumstances with a huge smile.
I agree with you. He sounds like a really remarkable guy.

His latest FB status is "thanks everyone--feeling happy".

(I'm taking this from his support and fan page, NOT his private page).

JMO
Whether or not his brother influenced him, the younger one made the decision to join in this bombing. I think Karma was due and find it interesting how he ended up running over his own brother and dragged him down the street. And if it turns out the young brother tried to shoot himself which caused the neck wound, it would be further Karma he was due that he only managed to injure himself.

A great job LE did in capturing him.

We all know that Jeff Bauman helped to identify suspect 1. I hadn't read the bolded part before though!

BOSTON'S extraordinary manhunt began with eight words, written down by one of the victims of the marathon bombing, who has now been hailed a hero.

He wrote: "Bag, saw the guy, looked right at me".

Jeff Bauman had been waiting for his girlfriend to cross the finish line when a man wearing a cap, sunglasses and a black jacket over a hooded sweatshirt looked him in the eyes and dropped a bag at his feet.

Two and a half minutes later, the bag exploded, tearing the 27-year-old's legs apart.

A picture of him in a wheelchair, bloodied and ashen, was broadcast around the world as he was rushed to Boston Medical Centre. He lost both legs below the knee.

The first thing he did when he came round, woozy from medication, was to ask his brother, Chris, for some paper and a pen.

The words he wrote down helped crack open the biggest terrorism case in the US since the 9/11 atrocity and confirmed the suspicions of FBI agents searching videos from the scene.

An official told CNN: "When the bombs blow up, when most people are running away and victims were lying on the ground, the two suspects walk away pretty casually. They acted differently than everyone else."

The FBI showed Mr Bauman the images and he was able to pick out the man he had seen.

Within hours the FBI had released photographs of Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev.
Tip-offs came pouring in immediately.

I have to disagree. I watched him and he was ANGRY!!! He says they shamed the family, shamed the religion and shamed his homeland. I think he wanted to make it perfectly clear to EVERYONE that he 100% denounces what his nephews have done. I can't say I don't blame him. A bit over the top? I don't know. It seems everyone is the family is a bit over the top, but perhaps it is a cultural thing. I know that my grandpa, who was from the old country in Italy never spoke without yelling. I always thought he was mad at me!

People from the caucuses are passionate. Be it anger or love or any other big emotion, you will generally know it very quickly lol. I lived in Russia as a child and remember the loud and boisterous parties bc i always thought they were fighting which they weren't.

You can see it with each member of the family, which is why i don't get bothered by any of them, i totally understand not believing your child had anything to do with it and given russia's repressive regime over his lifetime where people were disappeared or put on trial to get rid of them, i also understand him thinking cops could set up his boys.

The uncle was full of fury and disappontment with the boys and expressed it very umm forcefully. Not over the top at all to me.

The aunt made me smile if there is anything to smile about in this tragedy, loved it when she schooled the reporters on listening.She had as much passion as Ruslan even though she kept it on a quieter tone.

I see the whole family as victims and as an aside, if the parents had come out believing it was the boys i would think they had more to do with what happened than the zero i believe now. What sort of parents believe their kids could do such a heinous act? To me, that would be dysfunctional unless there was a huge history. They come from an area where LE is known to do what they want to get the result they want, very repressive and it only makes sense they could believe the same of US LE. They also didn't have half the information we did, ABC had to inform the dad and brother the first suspect was dead and the 2nd one was captured alive. I think the parents will come around to believing it was their sons, in fact think that dad may have already started because his message to his son was to tell the cops everything. everything. be honest.

eta. the aunts statement about the bodies could well be she didn't think either would come out alive or she realized the nephew would get the DP.

I cut the whole family a lot of slack, they must be in shock, grief stricken (yes i know it isn't like the victims or the families but to them..if innocent then this is a horrible mistake or purposeful one and their sons are victims too in their minds given they believe in innocence).

just my 2 cents.

eta again. Given everything we have heard about the younger boys life from friends and ppl who knew him, its puzzling to many of us. Imagine if the parents only knew the good kids...they didn't live with them full time either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties