Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #6 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where were they getting money to buy expensive cars? Did either of them work? Another big question I want answered!!!

I remember somebody posting i think yesterday that his vehicle was a high end make but due to the model and year it really wasn't that pricey. I think the poster had looked it up for value in the "blue book" and it was worth around 2 thousand??? Anyone remember??? Perhaps the poster will repost the info.

I remember somebody posting i think yesterday that his vehicle was a high end make but due to the model and year it really wasn't that pricey. I think the poster had looked it up for value in the "blue book" and it was worth around 2 thousand??? Anyone remember??? Perhaps the poster will repost the info.

Their mercedes was really old. I don't think it cost much at all.

Yes. Because I say (believe) that it was at least partial daylight when he entered the boat based on the fact that he has been at other locations in the interim (blood on back porch of that brick house they searched, different cars, etc.) since there were only scarcely a couple hours (if even) of darkness between the end of the shootout and sunrise.

More convincing, though, even if he DID enter the boat in darkness, is the harsh shadows being cast in that pic, which must be from the artificial lighting by LE

Just bouncing off your post. There is some info downstairs in the scanner thread that speaks to some of these questions. It was just reported on CNN that indeed flash bangs were utilized with some intitial gunfire.

2007 is the year the mechanic made. I have no idea the cost of cars, so don't ask me. I'll see if I can find a video of the mechanic talking and come back with it.

ETA: The Mechanic talking, okay, he can't decide if it's an '06, '07, or ,08. Some mechanic, lol:

[video=youtube;uj2H1IjUnxY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj2H1IjUnxY[/video]

I think it's possible these two were a part of some bigger scheme.
FBI got a warning in 2011 from a country (I presume Russia) about the older brother. FBI interviewed him and decided he was clean. I think somebody really dropped the ball at the FBI.

"The request stated that it was based on information that he was a follower of radical Islam and a strong believer, and that he had changed drastically since 2010 as he prepared to leave the United States for travel to the country’s region to join unspecified underground groups," the agency said in a statement."
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/fbi-interviewed-boston-suspect-in-2011-at-request

He got in the boat during the day though. Plus you can see how the tarp is ripping (from the robot).

Why do you think he got into the boat during the day and not early Friday morning? He was hiding outside of the search area and I'm guessing he spent all day in the boat. The first siting is by the owner, correct? He didn't start shooting at police and then get into the boat, he was already in it. Remember we all kept asking, who is this guy, Harry Houdini? How is he evading the cops? It was because he was outside the search area and he was staying put. JMO, OMO, MOO, etc. Or perhaps you're right and he wasn't in as bad a shape as we've been told and he was still mobile. But he looked pretty bad to me when they had him laid out on the ground. I lean toward him being very close to death when they finally got him in custody. I think he probably lost a lot of blood. But that's really just a guess on my part.

Watertown Police Chief speaking now on CNN. I have not caught all of it. he did say suspect was ordered to lift his shirt and did so under his own power. Which further confirms to me he is seen in the Pic leaving the boat.

That does not apply to semi-automatic weapons.
Long guns for hunting yes.

Of course. Has it been comfirmed what type of firearms these two possessed? I've heard rumors, but can't recall if LE has verified specific types of weapons.

If they possessed non-large capacity rifles and/or shotguns, the younger brother would have been able to legally purchase those.

The older brother wasn't a US citizen, but does anyone know if he was considered a permanent resident alien? I believe someone can be a permanent resident alien without being a naturalized citizen.

ALIENS

Permit required to possess/carry handguns, rifles, and shotguns. As of April 30, 2012 all lawful permanent resident aliens are eligible to apply for a MA resident license to carry or firearms
identification card issued through their local police department.

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/education/hed/hed_gun_laws.htm

Under MA law, it appears both brothers could have legally purchased their firearms.

Of course. Has it been comfirmed what type of firearms these two possessed? I've heard rumors, but can't recall if LE has verified specific types of weapons.

If they possessed non-large capacity rifles and/or shotguns, the younger brother would have been able to legally purchase those.

The older brother wasn't a US citizen, but does anyone know if he was considered a permanent resident alien? I believe someone can be a permanent resident alien without being a naturalized citizen.

ALIENS

Permit required to possess/carry handguns, rifles, and shotguns. As of April 30, 2012 all lawful permanent resident aliens are eligible to apply for a MA resident license to carry or firearms
identification card issued through their local police department.

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/education/hed/hed_gun_laws.htm

Under MA law, it appears both brothers could have legally purchased their firearms.

Yes, older brother was a permanent resident.

The blue book value ranged from 2-10k. Doesn't sound like it was in very good shape from the mechanic's description. I've been driving a car that cost 3 hundred for ten years now so I guess what's expensive is relative. If you're not working, 2k might seem expensive. It did appear they had an apartment, a vehicle and the normal necessities with no known income. Wasn't it said the older brother was doing "odd jobs" or occasionally delivering pizza? The younger brother was said to have had a job life guarding last summer.

He had plenty of opportunities to kill himself. So apparently he had no desire to die.

Yes that is my take also, as I am sure he was feeling week from bleeding, and then I would presume no water to drink on the boat either, he could have just shot himself in the head, and would have died instantly, I do not
think The FBI are going to be able to get very much info from him, as I think, not 100 % sure yet, that his brother only told him what he wanted him to know, because it seems that he was willing to loose his own life to this cause that he believed in, so far we do not know what it was, or whom if anyone was behind it. It is just sad that now the younger one is going to have to pay for a cause that he started and left his younger brother holding the bag.

Some people have said here on the board that he ran into fire way, to save his brother, I do not believe that for 1 minute, at that point he knew he could not kill all of them, so he just went to them knowing he would be killed,
and in his sick mind, he died fighting for whatever cause he was fighting for,
that is why he had the suicide vest on, he did not mind at all dying for his cause.

My prayers and thoughts go out to the victims, and families of this terrible tragedy.:Canada:

omg photo #6

The three that were killed are standing right there!!!

I don't think so, that pic is in between bomb sites and the little boy was killed by the second blast where the ladies were killed at the first site

That boat photo was taken as he was being arrested. They had a helicopter in the air, shining a huge light down on the boat, because it was dark out.

Despite the car,how were these two supporting themselves? Terrorist #1,has a wife and kids. Where did he reside? What did he drive and where is that car? How was he paying for his college,when he was going? Who was paying for Terrorist #2 to go to college? How about his apartment?
I don't see anything about their employment,unless I missed something.

The blue book value ranged from 2-10k. Doesn't sound like it was in very good shape from the mechanic's description. I've been driving a car that cost 3 hundred for ten years now so I guess what's expensive is relative. If you're not working, 2k might seem expensive. It did appear they had an apartment, a vehicle and the normal necessities with no known income. Wasn't it said the older brother was doing "odd jobs" or occasionally delivering pizza? The younger brother was said to have had a job life guarding last summer.

Younger brother was a college student.
Older brother was married, supposedly the wife worked.

Yes. Because I say (believe) that it was at least partial daylight when he entered the boat based on the fact that he has been at other locations in the interim (blood on back porch of that brick house they searched, different cars, etc.) since there were only scarcely a couple hours (if even) of darkness between the end of the shootout and sunrise.

More convincing, though, even if he DID enter the boat in darkness, is the harsh shadows being cast in that pic, which must be from the artificial lighting by LE

boat after
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/20/article-2311443-1965578E000005DC-307_470x423.jpg

boat before
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/20/article-2311443-19655625000005DC-735_964x681.jpg

Wow! I hadn't seen the first pic!

Despite the car,how were these two supporting themselves? Terrorist #1,has a wife and kids. Where did he reside? What did he drive and where is that car? How was he paying for his college,when he was going? Who was paying for Terrorist #2 to go to college? How about his apartment?
I don't see anything about their employment,unless I missed something.

#1 was married and supposedly wife had a job. #1 was on break from college.
#2 was a college student, I believe he had a scholarship.

How far from where he ditched the car was the boat?

I haven't heard/read. As more confirmed facts come out I'll bet one of our map posters will have a timeline map posted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway