Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. We seem to infantalize young people nowdays to the point that two terrorist suspects who are adult being constantly called kids.
It's ridiculous.

While I completely agree....when you get to be my age, we do tend to think of 19 year olds as "kids." (Man I'm old!)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/2...ng-by-writing-sources-say-with-faith-seen-as/

The two brothers suspected of bombing the Boston Marathon appear to have been motivated by a radical brand of Islam

Well I pretty much thought this myself too...

but do not seem connected to any Muslim terrorist groups, U.S. officials said Monday after interrogating and charging Dzhokhar Tsarnaev with crimes that could bring the death penalty

Call me jaded and oversuspicious but...I'm not buying lone wolf (love wolves) theory just yet. I think they did blow up those bombs knowing full well what they were doing but I think there might have been someone(s) whispering in their ears.

Just a feeling I have, it might be wrong though.

While I completely agree....when you get to be my age, we do tend to think of 19 year olds as "kids." (Man I'm old!)

Heck Duchess at my age anyone under 35 is a kid. LOL!

By that I don't mean they are a child and not responsible for their actions, I mean that when I look at them I say to myself "man was I ever that young"? No harm no foul.

Wasn't he fairly shot up anyway? I don't how I got the impression he would not have survived the shootout anyway...the number of bullet wounds...perhaps, just so difficult to comprehend all the madness.

Even though TT had multiple injuries, it still seems, due to LE handcuffing him on the ground instead of trying to resuscitate him, that his fatal injuries were caused by the vehicle.

MOO

Tamerlan sounds like a very persuasive person. He convinced his wife to convert from Christianity to Islam. That's a big deal. And possibly persuaded his little brother into whatever the heck those two are into.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/2...ng-by-writing-sources-say-with-faith-seen-as/

Call me jaded and oversuspicious but...I'm not buying lone wolf (love wolves) theory just yet. I think they did blow up those bombs knowing full well what they were doing but I think there might have been someone(s) whispering in their ears.

I'm thinking it was less commissioned and more "I'll prove I'm worthy". Not that bombing innocent people could ever be worthy of anything IMO.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...mother-young-son-obeyed-big/story?id=19014490

The mother of the two men suspected of carrying out the Boston Marathon bombing says her younger son would have faithfully obeyed his older brother, a devout Muslim who investigators now fear may have become radicalized.

The older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, had become an increasingly pius Muslim in recent years, partly at the urging of his mother, she said.

The younger son, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, was a sophomore at UMass-Dartmouth where he had a reputation for partying and drugs.

The mother, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, described Tamerlan as "a person of strong will," a "leader" who could influence people.

Tamerlan's influence was perhaps felt most by his younger brother Dzhokhar.

"They loved each other. What Tamerlan was said was law for Dzhokhar. That's how I raised them. What the elder brother says, the younger brother has to do. That is according to Islam," the mother told ABC News in a phone call today.

"We were all very connected. My boys were very close to me, and especially Tamerlan," she said.

OK...all this does for me is make me want to....:banghead:

ETA....and a whole lot of this::sick:

Tamerlan sounds like a very persuasive person. He convinced his wife to convert from Christianity to Islam. That's a big deal. And possibly persuaded his little brother into whatever the heck those two are into.

Yes-but it is a huge difference to convince your wife to convert to your faith than to convince your brother to drop a bomb next to innocent people-particularly little ones.

I got the same feeling. It's way too early in the investigation to rule out co-conspirators or an overseas link. It may end up that they were a cell of 2, but there's no way to know yet.

Wasn't he fairly shot up anyway? I don't how I got the impression he would not have survived the shootout anyway...the number of bullet wounds...perhaps, just so difficult to comprehend all the madness.

There were not many bullet wounds whatsoever in the photo I saw. That car tire contusion is what killed him. He was ran over in very vital areas. I'm convinced his brother killed him and if it weren't for that that he too would still be alive.

DT didn't look like he was under duress when we saw him on the videotape strolling along in the crowd with a weapon of mass destruction on his back.

In a few of the shots it looked like he was smirking.

He may have been influenced by his older brother but he had the free will to say no and to pick up the phone and call LE before the plan could have unfolded if he didn't agree with it.

Even though I consider him a "kid" because of his youth, he is an adult by law and I think fully aware of the ramifications of his actions. I think he is going to get the death penalty. I also think he should, but then again, I support the DP.

I actual believe DT, that TT was the mastermind, but that does not make DT any less culpable for the role he played in the whole ordeal. He could have easily made an "anonymous" tip to thwart the whole thing. Instead he was an active participant and deserves no less then life in prison.

Yes, but his "youth", the "power" his brother (and perhaps, his mother) is believed to have held over him and his past "achievements" will come into play.

Ultimately, IMO, his life will be spared. MOO.

No apples please.

DT didn't look like he was under duress when we saw him on the videotape strolling along in the crowd with a weapon of mass destruction on his back.

In a few of the shots it looked like he was smirking.

He may have been influenced by his older brother but he had the free will to say no and to pick up the phone and call LE before the plan could have unfolded if he didn't agree with it.

Even though I consider him a "kid" because of his youth, he is an adult by law and I think fully aware of the ramifications of his actions. I think he is going to get the death penalty. I also think he should, but then again, I support the DP.

Considering he acted if nothing happened in the following days.

Yes, but his "youth", the "power" his brother (and perhaps, his mother) is believed to have held over him and his past "achievements" will come into play.

No apples please.

Sounds like a tactic the defense will use Epip. I can already hear it now can't you? I think you're probably correct. They'll get him life in maximum security isolation. JMHO

I got the same feeling. It's way too early in the investigation to rule out co-conspirators or an overseas link. It may end up that they were a cell of 2, but there's no way to know yet.

Agree, and I would assume this will be an ongoing investigation for some time.

MOO

Apologies in advance for humor...but y'all understand late I'm sure.......for those that are followinf the Jodi Arias case here at WS...

This suspect would be perfect for Juan questioning and or interrigation.....due to our favorite line of Juan....

... Sir, yes or No! Followed by the question...

Sorry if in bad taste but has hit me and made me laugh at the thought.

No apples please.

Curious also how this will be tried in a Federal court in Massachusetts, which is a non-death penalty commonwealth. Would not the mindset of most prospective jurors be inclined not to impose the DP? Of course, the crime itself, wreaking terror upon the innocent citizens at a celebrated event such as the Boston Marathon may be the caveat for them to want to impose it.

MOO

Agreed. If you can't do time, don't do the crime.

Yeah.

My biggest peeve with following this case is the vast number of excuses (not just here, EVERYWHERE) that people are making for this terrorist.

"poor kid didn't mean to run over his brother (and almost plow down several LE officers), he was just a bad driver"

"He couldn't see or hear during the shoot out with cops cause all those bombs were just making too much noise "

"He was just trying to get away, he was scared"

"Poor 19 year old was brainwashed or led by this big brother"

"He was such a nice guy, an angel even"

"Typical college student"

This ADULT placed a bomb filled backpack feet from children and turned and walked away with a smirk.

This ADULT went to a party, worked out, acted normal knowing the devastation his actions caused.

This terrorist was involved in the murder of a cop, the attempted murder of several cops, car jacking, ... The list goes on and on!

I'm sorry. Lets call it what it is.
Evil. Horrid. Psychopath. Murderer. Terrorist!

Sounds like a tactic the defense will use Epip. I can already hear it now can't you? I think you're probably correct. They'll get him life in maximum security isolation. JMHO

Hear you, Kat. I am against death penalty. Period. However, I hope we don't have to lessen his culpability in order to get a guilty verdict, but spare his life. I don't like Either-Or. He can be responsible and not have to die for it. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange