Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious also how this will be tried in a Federal court in Massachusetts, which is a non-death penalty commonwealth. Would not the mindset of most prospective jurors be inclined not to impose the DP? Of course, the crime itself, wreaking terror upon the innocent citizens at a celebrated event such as the Boston Marathon may be the caveat for them to want to impose it.

MOO
I don't think it matters if it is a non-death penalty commonwealth. I'm sure they will ask the prospective jurors if they are opposed to the death penalty.

DT didn't look like he was under duress when we saw him on the videotape strolling along in the crowd with a weapon of mass destruction on his back.

In a few of the shots it looked like he was smirking.

He may have been influenced by his older brother but he had the free will to say no and to pick up the phone and call LE before the plan could have unfolded if he didn't agree with it.

Even though I consider him a "kid" because of his youth, he is an adult by law and I think fully aware of the ramifications of his actions. I think he is going to get the death penalty. I also think he should, but then again, I support the DP.

I support it too.

And I was thrilled when they were able to capture him alive.
He will have to face what's he's done.

We can execute him later.

JMO

Curious also how this will be tried in a Federal court in Massachusetts, which is a non-death penalty commonwealth. Would not the mindset of most prospective jurors be inclined not to impose the DP? Of course, the crime itself, wreaking terror upon the innocent citizens at a celebrated event such as the Boston Marathon may be the caveat for them to want to impose it.

MOO

So kill a person to show that killing people is wrong?

I don't think it matters if it is a non-death penalty commonwealth. I'm sure they will ask the prospective jurors if they are opposed to the death penalty.

:welcome4:

Agree, it is just something to consider, which will be interesting to see how it develops when the time comes - that is, assuming the Federal gov't will be seeking the DP.

MOO

But if a tire had went across his face I would think his head would have been crushed.
When I saw the red marks, I thought perhaps road rash from being drug.

I disagree. Picture the scene : bombs are going off flashing, your eardrums are tingling and ringing, you have been shot, you had just killed a cop, gone through a high speed chase and full blown out shoot out that can only sound like what I would imagine WAR sounds like. In both instances of hearing the gunfights it took my breath away - talk about overkill -- and he got grazed by a bullet after 212 bullets shot at him. Sounds, cant see , flashing lights of all colors, people yelling at you, you just watched your brother get killed, your in pain I am open to the notion that all he was trying to do was get out of there. He was not thinking - he was running.

Maybe no crushing injury, but possibly other types because he was apparently dragged for a distance (possibly caught up in the undercarriage).

Looked like road rash to me.
OR something blew up in his face...
it almost looked like someone pored acid on his face and neck.
They showed a video on CNN of the 20 ft drag marks...
I agree he was in fight or flight.
His brother had a bomb vest on. Hospital was on code black when he arrived.*bomb threat

I don't think anyone would drive over a man wearing a bomb
UNLESS that was the point???? Was he trying to go out in a blaze o glory>

I just changed my mind he did it thinking suicide bombers!

MOO

I am totally shocked that there could be 12 people anywhere in USA that are not in agreement that a TERRORIST that killed 4 innocent people and injured over 200 shouldn't be put to death. 19 or 26 years of age. JMO

Also, I agree that this family is the Russian version of the Athony's....

Again, prayers for all the victims tonight as they try to heal...

:praying:

Good night everyone!

I am totally shocked that there could be 12 people anywhere in USA that are not in agreement that a TERRORIST that killed 4 innocent people and injured over 200 shouldn't be put to death. 19 or 26 years of age. JMO

Also, I agree that this family is the Russian version of the Athony's....

Because human beings do not have the right to choose if any other human being has the right to live or die. Period.

As for the conflicting reports of him running over his brother I have only heard of 2 really, one was LE's version which was the same as the neighbor who saw the whole thing out of his window.
Two eyewitnesses...
BBM

No, TT was alive and was being handcuffed when DT drove down the street at high speed. According to the Police Chief who was on CNN a short time ago, he stated he believed DT was intending to run over his officers who had TT on the ground. Note: TT was in cardiac arrest only when he arrived at the hospital, not when LE was apprehending him.

MOO
There was an ambulance at the scene.. Had they not shot that officer in the femoral artery... TT might have even lived!
Too bad. I am so praying for that cop. I can't remember his name, but he is the only victim that is still not doing well unless there has been a change I don't know about.

Especially if they are able to link TT to the murders in Weymouth back in 9/2011. Kid can claim he had the threat of death over him by his older brother if he did not cooperate.

Still find it hard to understand how the younger one could appear so normal and far from radical, yet do something like this.

Glad to hear new info coming out about DT's injuries make more sense now. There is still so much we do not know and hopefully, we will be informed appropriately.
Sounds like that is the exact point when he started letting his grade slip.
mooo

OMGoodness!
I missed that.

I'm speechless.

Toobin and other THs on CNN. the trial is a minimum of one year away. but, he could plead guilty to the indictment and there'd be no trial. if, say, they took the DP off the table. they named some other terrorist who took that deal, didn't catch the name. or, they may not be willing to offer a deal of any kind. they know their case is strong. how far off is the indictment? anyone know?

would love to hear about his demeanor during the bedside proceedings today. sullen? defiant? frightened? downcast? repentant? guess we'll never know

I must have missed the resolution to the van with the foreign consulate license plate. Anyone care to fill me in?? TIA!

MOO

BBM

If not ^^, 8 yo Martin Richard may be.

But my instincts only tell me, No.

Bostonians have a reputation to be independent thinkers. They may surprise you/us.

Religion isn't behind these attacks as religion doesn't preach terrorism. Radicalism of any kind is behind this kind of stuff. And evil. Evil can take many forms.

Quoting you again because I wanted to share this link:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-weve-experienced/article11492749/?cmpid=rss1

A Toronto imam alerted authorities more than a year ago about a person he regarded as an extremist who was corrupting youth in his community.

That single tip led to what the RCMP on Monday called the first-ever Canadian bust of an alleged al-Qaeda terrorist plot.

Because human beings do not have the right to choose if any other human being has the right to live or die. Period.

When a terrorist murders,
the court system will hopefully find the little guilty. Then he cn die via the DP, AND THAT IS A JUDICIAL RIGHT.
:moo:

Too bad. I am so praying for that cop. I can't remember his name, but he is the oly victim that is still not doing well unless there has been a change I don't know about.

Richard H. Donohue Jr

"Transit police Officer Richard H. Donohue Jr., 33, a Winchester native who now lives in Woburn, remains in critical but stable condition at Mount Auburn Hospital in Cambridge after he was severely injured in a shootout with the Boston Marathon bombing suspects last week. His younger brother, Edward Donohue, a patrolman for the Winchester Police Department, talked about the shooting at a press conference April 21."

http://www.wickedlocal.com/westford...Officer-Donohues-brother-talks-about-shooting

and another link re: Officer Donohue

http://melrose.patch.com/articles/m...r-injured-officer-richard-donohue-jr-3914f0ab

http://abcnews.go.com/International...mother-young-son-obeyed-big/story?id=19014490

The mother of the two men suspected of carrying out the Boston Marathon bombing says her younger son would have faithfully obeyed his older brother, a devout Muslim who investigators now fear may have become radicalized.

The older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, had become an increasingly pius Muslim in recent years, partly at the urging of his mother, she said.

The younger son, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, was a sophomore at UMass-Dartmouth where he had a reputation for partying and drugs.

The mother, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, described Tamerlan as "a person of strong will," a "leader" who could influence people.

Tamerlan's influence was perhaps felt most by his younger brother Dzhokhar.

"They loved each other. What Tamerlan was said was law for Dzhokhar. That's how I raised them. What the elder brother says, the younger brother has to do. That is according to Islam," the mother told ABC News in a phone call today.

"We were all very connected. My boys were very close to me, and especially Tamerlan," she said.
This is just mind boggling. She is changing her tune to save DT.
There were not many bullet wounds whatsoever in the photo I saw. That car tire contusion is what killed him. He was ran over in very vital areas. I'm convinced his brother killed him and if it weren't for that that he too would still be alive.

I saw 2 in one arm. Looked like .45 hollowpoint.

What made me ill was the aunt in russia saying TT skyped his wife everyday and she schooled him on how he should be... (something like that)
can't find the right link.-moo:banghead:

So now TT's baby mama is the mastermind? Cause he learned it all here.
She also said his dad had to leave America to come get him.
Yet the dad said he was with TT the whole time.

SOMEONE NEEDS A MEETING OF THE MINDS TO TELL THE SAME STORY!:moo:

Wasn't he fairly shot up anyway? I don't how I got the impression he would not have survived the shootout anyway...the number of bullet wounds...perhaps, just so difficult to comprehend all the madness.

I think I remember a doctor commenting that he had wounds from head to toe and gunshot wounds were too numerous to count!

Because human beings do not have the right to choose if any other human being has the right to live or die. Period.[/QUO

I'm sorry....am I misunderstanding what you are saying. Do you not agree with the death penalty in this case? Your statement and I quote " human beings do not have the right to choose if any other human being has the right to live or die" What about the three who were killed in this bombing.....not to mention the MIT officer being AMBUSHED for no reason!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back