Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol as if the government doesn't have a vested interest in perpetuating failed drug war propaganda about pot?! :lol:

So far, his account indicates he was "driven by his brother" and that "it was mostly done online, in terms of radicalization [and] finding instructions." Investigators say it remains unlikely there is an international terrorist organization behind the attack or the Tsarnaev's training.

The operating theory currently held by investigators looking to explain the assassination is "that they were short one gun, that the older brother had a gun, they wanted to get a gun for the younger brother and the fastest and most efficient way they could think of doing it was a surprise attack on a cop to take his weapon and go."

more at link:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_...to-go-to-nyc-next-carjacking-victim-suggests/

Yes, I agree, oh please is right. Big money still to be made in painting mj as a dangerous drug, I guess!

Andrew Kitzenberg who was on the Today show with his account was an eyewitness to the Watertown shootout. He live tweeted these pics from his apartment:

http://www.getonhand.com/blogs/news/7743337-boston-bombing-suspect-shootout-pictures

Of interest are pics of both the jacked SUV and the green Civic and a pic of DT barreling down on the police subduing his brother on his way to breaking through the police barricade.

DH and I were following this fellow on Twitter last Thursday night. We were also listening to the scanner.

The whole point of plots like this is to act perfectly normal, to now draw attention onto oneself. That's why after the bombing he went back to school, hung out in the dorm/parties.

The ones who are the most dangerous are not your enemies. They are your friends, the ones pretending to pat you on the back while holding the knife behind theirs. It's no different here, they wanted to look innocent.

Well, exactly. Which is why I don't understand people being critical of the friends and acquaintances responses. They are just simply telling what JT was like with them. I'm sure he wasn't wearing a shirt that said, for example, "ask me about jihad!", or something. :waitasec:

Well, exactly. Which is why I don't understand people being critical of the friends and acquaintances responses. They are just simply telling what JT was like with them. I'm sure he wasn't wearing a shirt that said, for example, "ask me about jihad!", or something. :waitasec:

I saw one of them claiming he wants to testify in court. I presume to testify on the behalf of the alleged terrorist. At this point i wish his friends would just shut up. Obvoiusly they didn't know him at all.

I understand emotions are high, but a defendant is still allowed to call character witnesses at trial.

Considering he can barely talk, it's amazing how much info he supposedly provided.

When someone can only nod, yes or no, or who is sedated and trying to write, I question how accurate or detailed they are answering. I remember being given Demerol during labor and I seriously had trouble remembering my husbands name!! They expect us to believe this guy was only aware of the plans for a week before and then acted like he didnt have a care in the world? I don't buy it for a second!

When someone can only nod, yes or no, or who is sedated and trying to write, I question how accurate or detailed they are answering. I remember being given Demerol during labor and I seriously had trouble remembering my husbands name!! They expect us to believe this guy was only aware of the plans for a week before and then acted like he didnt have a care in the world? I don't buy it for a second!

I don't buy it either.

So if you all aren't buying what's in that article, who is lying? CBS correspondent John Miller? The unnamed "investigators"? Whatever source Miller is using for his info?

Nightline on ABC just showed video clips of DT I've never seen.

They have video of him at the ATM calmly withdrawing cash. They had carjacked a male victim whom they held hostage for 30 mins. One brother (didn't say who) removed magazine from his gun and showed it to the victim while asking him if he knew about the Boston marathon bombings. The victim said yes and the brother then said "I did that." (apparently bragging).

They then forced victim to give them his ATM card. They also asked the victim whether he was American, but when victim said he was "Chinese", they said they wouldn't kill him. The victim assumed that that meant they would kill him later.

So when they arrived at a gas station and DT went to use the ATM with the victim's bank card. The victim made a run for it. Victim said the other brother reached out with his arm to try to grab him back, but victim managed to escape into the store.

Now they're showing the victims at hospitals from the marathon bombings.

Earlier they said DT told authorities today that it only took him and his brother (the sole masterminds of the terrorism) "a week" to mastermind the scheme, gather the materials, and his older brother put together the bombs, to blow up Boston marathon. He claims the two acted alone, no help from outsiders or foreign countries. And that they learned everything on the internet. They watched an "Al Queda" video on how to build the bombs.

Dan Abrams, a lawyer, said the crimes of DT are "DEATH-ELIGIBLE CRIME" OR "DT could receive LIFE IMPRISONMENT WITH NO PAROLE."

Where are you finding the information that it was only a week and he told them all this. I have read all the threads and thought I read most everything that I have not seen this at all. Can you provide a link or anyone else that is still here?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I don't know what folks expect friends of JT to say? If a reporter came up to me and asked me "what was your friend like?", and I knew the friend as someone who was kind, good at sports, friendly, seemed normal, but was a terrible driver...that's what id say! Do you want the friends to lie, and say "I always knew he was plotting something terrible!" If it wasn't true?

Hindsight is 20/20 and all. I think people say these things, when asked, because they are true, because that's what they presented to their friends, and that is how the friends saw them. We can say now, sure, that something was obviously terribly wrong - but at the time, apparently their friends didn't see anything to indicate it.

Why should they be criticized for responding honestly to reporters' questions?? :confused:

I don't believe anyone blames the friends for being "fooled" or for talking to reporters. I think people are just sick of hearing what a nice kid DT was.

I don't believe anyone blames the friends for being "fooled" or for talking to reporters. I think people are just sick of hearing what a nice kid DT was.

There seems to be a lot of attitude onwards the friends in quite a few posts.

I can understand frustration with media repeating stuff endlessly, but with the friends themselves, not so much.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_...to-go-to-nyc-next-carjacking-victim-suggests/

The investigation also has yielded new insight about the motive for the robberies and carjacking committed by the suspects on Thursday night, a bloody night that began when they approached and shot an MIT police officer, Sean Collier, "in the head, unprovoked," Miller said.
The operating theory currently held by investigators looking to explain the assassination is "that they were short one gun, that the older brother had a gun, they wanted to get a gun for the younger brother and the fastest and most efficient way they could think of doing it was a surprise attack on a cop to take his weapon and go."

But the suspects failed in that aim, because Officer Collier had a locking holster and they were unable to remove the gun. "There was apparently an attempt to yank it," Miller said, "And they couldn't get it and left."

bbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member