Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This mistake genuinely angers me!! :furious:

There's no guarantee that discovering the misspelled name would have prevented these heinous crimes but with all the $$ that is spent to protect US citizens it appears none of it was spent to catch something so simple. (imo)

I just needed to say that in writing.

I totally agree!! When I make plane reservations its stressed that the name has to be EXACTLY how it appears on your identification. I make them for my son,and I always forget if his middle name is on his license and call and check.
So when you go through security and they check your boarding pass with your ID,what exactly are they looking at then,if not descrepencies in your name?

Would the Mother be allowed back in the country with a shop lifting charge on her record? Is it a misdemeanor or felony in MA?

Did the parents become US citizens? If they did not, can they only be out of the USA for a certain period of time without losing admittance back into the country? If the father has been gone for two years, did not get USA citizenship, then will he be able to get back in? I don't know what the rules are but IMO there should be restrictions on this.

BBM

Not sure is this question has been answered to yet - still catching up with thread.

Info re petit larceny versus grand larceny in MA:

In Massachusetts law, grand larceny is one of the two types of larceny by stealing in which the value of the goods, money or property stolen exceeds $250. As its adjective implies, “grand” larceny is a serious felony, punishable by up to five years in state prison and a $25,000 fine. (By contrast, petty larceny, which involves thefts of less than $250, counts as a misdemeanor rather than a felony.)

http://www.noonancriminaldefense.com/theft-crimes/petit-larceny-vs-grand-larceny.html

ETA: I think this was the reason ZT left (fled) the US last summer - to escape prosecution. I don't expect she'll be returning to the US.

I was just wondering, what did the two study? Is it conceivable that they, or at least one of them, had enough technical know-how to build bombs and sophisticated circuit boards? I know they are said to have learned it online but it still takes some basic understanding of these things. For example, I could look at such a website/manual but I would not comprehend anything explained there.

So what were they studying? They both don't look like techie guys to me.

Did they have help building the bombs, timers?

I totally agree!! When I make plane reservations its stressed that the name has to be EXACTLY how it appears on your identification. I make them for my son,and I always forget if his middle name is on his license and call and check.
So when you go through security and they check your boarding pass with your ID,what exactly are they looking at then,if not descrepencies in your name?

I attribute the error to sloppy work ethic. Returning from Hawaii years ago, bags were going through x-ray and not one person was looking at the screen, they were talking amongst themselves. Scary!

Is TT's wife still only speaking through her attorney or is she communicating directly with law enforcement agencies involved?

Yeah! Anderson cooper just asked who was caring for the baby on the Monday of the bombing if Katie was working. Now saying other members of the family lived there too! Other family members in the cambridge house (slum)? Who??

I thought we accounted for all of the immediate family members?

So cousins maybe?

If the daughter lived with TT, then why was the wife handing her off to go to work? Some pieces of the puzzle are missing. I have my theory about why she is saying what she's saying...

Katherine Russell last saw her husband Thursday, just hours before he died in a gun battle with police, according to a source close to the family. She was handing off her 2-year-old daughter to stay with him while she went to work, the source said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/22/us/boston-suspect-wife/index.html

Those are great pics. I didn't fully realize that TT apparently committed suicide by cop....running down the street straight at them.

Those are good pics. Looking at them, did the police initially try to pull them over? Or were they simply transferring items to the SUV and LE was coming and they knew they would be pulled over??? There didn't appear to be any LE in front of them and they both turned around and went towards the cops. And he was most likely trying to save his brothers by running over the cops.

BBM

Not sure is this question has been answered to yet - still catching up with thread.

Info re petit larceny versus grand larceny in MA:

In Massachusetts law, grand larceny is one of the two types of larceny by stealing in which the value of the goods, money or property stolen exceeds $250. As its adjective implies, “grand” larceny is a serious felony, punishable by up to five years in state prison and a $25,000 fine. (By contrast, petty larceny, which involves thefts of less than $250, counts as a misdemeanor rather than a felony.)

http://www.noonancriminaldefense.com/theft-crimes/petit-larceny-vs-grand-larceny.html

It was grand larceny, for lingerie. Lol.

Mother of Boston bombing suspects arrested last year for 'stealing $1,600 worth of clothes from Lord & Taylor'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...worth-clothes-Lord--Taylor.html#ixzz2RJ00qZrq

ETA: Ooh, look at the link within the dailymail:

http://natick.patch.com/articles/arrests-1-600-in-clothes-stolen

and, the one that states lingerie:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...other-Boston-bombers-lead-radicalization.html

& that rule comes directly from the Dept of Homeland Security. When did that rule come into play! Trying to remember if it was 2001 or more recently...

He climbed out of the boat with help. There's a picture showing him doing it. It's clearly after the bot ripped the tarp off the boat. He may have been wobbly when he climbed out but he was able to get himself onto the ladder thingy where they grabbed him and cuffed him.

His wounds are bad but not so serious he was incapacitated. He was probably weak from blood loss more than anything. If his wounds were so serious that he couldn't get out of the boat, he probably wouldn't have made it to the boat in the first place and don't forget adrenaline is a great motivator. A brief gun battle, a few flash bangs and your life circling the drain is enough to get the old blood pressure up for one last hurrah

bbm

Just a minor thing: in the helicopter video it can be seen that the small ladder the owner had used had fallen and is lying on the ground. He didn't step on it on his way off the boat.

Tamerlan's Amazon wish list was started in 2006...January 1, 2006 to be exact. This was waaay befor Russia told the US about Tamerlan. So, the FBI found nothing? This wish list alone is cause for questioning - fake id, birth certs, etc. So maybe the FBI is downplaying sealed info. Idk, just guessing.

Voice Lessons To Go Volume 1: Vocalize and Breath
Ariella Vaccarino (Audio CD)
4.3 out of 5 stars (86)
$14.02
In Stock.Offered by Amazon.com
13 Used & New from $13.00
Buying this gift elsewhere?
Added July 8, 2007

How to Make Driver's Licenses and Other ID on Your Home Computer
by Max Forgé (Paperback)
3.5 out of 5 stars (8)
Available from these sellers.
17 Used & New from $57.50
See buying options
Added May 29, 2007

iAudio G2 1 GB MP3 Player Dark Blue
by Cowon
5.0 out of 5 stars (1)
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Added February 15, 2007

TOPRAM 1GB MMC PLUS CARD NOKIA NGAGE QD 6620 6230
3.0 out of 5 stars (2)
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Added February 15, 2007

The I.D. Forger: Homemade Birth Certificates & ​Other Documents Explained
by John Q. Newman (Paperback)
3.0 out of 5 stars (2)
23 Used & New from $4.78
See buying options
Added August 27, 2006

Secrets Of A Back Alley ID Man: Fake Id Construction Techniques Of The Underground
by Sheldon Charrett (Paperback)
4.7 out of 5 stars (9)
$25.00$23.75
Only 8 left in stock--order soon.
25 Used & New from $11.44
Added August 27, 2006

Principles of Fraud Examination
by Joseph T. Wells (Hardcover)
4.9 out of 5 stars (9)
74 Used & New from $7.73
See buying options
Added August 27, 2006

Document Fraud and Other Crimes of Deception
by Jesse M. Greenwald (Paperback)
5.0 out of 5 stars (2)
17 Used & New from $5.26
See buying options
Added August 27, 2006

Chechen Dictionary & Ph​rasebook (Hippocrene Dictionary and Phrasebook)
by Nicholas Awde (Paperback)
4.4 out of 5 stars (5)
$11.85$9.51
Only 3 left in stock--order soon.
24 Used & New from $3.21
Added June 15, 2006

The Lone Wolf And the Bear: Three Centuries of Chechen Defiance of Russian Rule
by Moshe Gammer (Paperback)
5.0 out of 5 stars (2)
6 Used & New from $172.13
See buying options
Added June 15, 2006

Allah's Mountains: The Battle for Chechnya, New Edition
by Sebastian Smith (Paperback)
3.6 out of 5 stars (13)
$28.00$24.88
Usually ships within 1 to 3 weeks.
Offered by Amazon.com
34 Used & New from $12.83
Added June 15, 2006

The Consolation of Philosophy: Revised Edition (Penguin Classics)
by Boethius (Paperback)
4.6 out of 5 stars (29)
$15.00$10.80
138 Used & New from $1.95
Added June 15, 2006

The Twelve Caesars (Penguin Classics)
by Suetonius (Paperback)
4.6 out of 5 stars (77)
143 Used & New from $0.01
See buying options
Added June 15, 2006

The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire: Volumes 1-3 of 6 (Everyman's Library)
by Edward Gibbon (Hardcover)
4.7 out of 5 stars (59)
$65.00$40.42
Only 11 left in stock--order soon.
69 Used & New from $8.46
Added June 15, 2006

The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (Modern Library Classics)
by Hans-Friedrich Mueller (Paperback)
4.2 out of 5 stars (12)
$16.00$11.67
Only 6 left in stock--order soon.
128 Used & New from $0.58
Added June 15, 2006

Wiseguy
by Nicholas Pileggi (Mass Market Paperback)
4.7 out of 5 stars (179)
226 Used & New from $0.01
See buying options
Added June 15, 2006

Snatch
by Guy Ritchie (Paperback)
5.0 out of 5 stars (3)
25 Used & New from $1.39
See buying options
Added June 15, 2006

American Mafia: A History of Its Rise to Power (John MacRae Books)
by Thomas A. Reppetto (Hardcover)
4.1 out of 5 stars (11)
77 Used & New from $0.01
See buying options
Added June 15, 2006

Organized Crime: AN INSIDE GUIDE TO THE WORLD'S MOST SUCCESSFUL INDUSTRY
by Paul Lunde (Hardcover)
4.2 out of 5 stars (6)
49 Used & New from $0.01
See buying options
Added June 15, 2006

Blood and Honor: Inside the Scarfo Mob, the Mafia's Most Violent Family
by George Anastasia (Paperback)
4.6 out of 5 stars (38)
$17.95$12.47
Only 15 left in stock--order soon.
61 Used & New from $6.58
Added June 10, 2006

Five Families: The Rise, Decline, and Resurgence of America's Most Powerful Mafia Empires
by Selwyn Raab (Hardcover)
4.4 out of 5 stars (95)
47 Used & New from $6.48
See buying options
Added June 10, 2006

The Sound of Your Voice
by Carol A. Fleming (Audio Cassette)
4.2 out of 5 stars (24)
32 Used & New from $0.78

See buying options
Added January 14, 2006

Chechnya: To the Heart of a Conflict
by Andrew Meier (Paperback)
3.3 out of 5 stars (3)
$11.95$10.76
Only 4 left in stock--order soon.
62 Used & New from $0.01

Amazon.com: Tamerlan: Wish List

OMG. Is this for real? Where did you get this? It kinda looks too convenient.

ETA: just saw the amazon link. Is this really him though?

If the daughter lived with TT, then why was the wife handing her off to go to work? Some pieces of the puzzle are missing. I have my theory about why she is saying what she's saying...

Lets see if your theory matches mine. Other family members have managed to slip in what a good girl she is. They barely mention his child, but they mentioned her.

Family says they are coming back to the US.

I think family may be speaking in some type of code to her. I think she is scared.

Did that happen? I just saw an exchange between Janet Napolitano and Sen. Graham. She said that TT did alert when he left for Russia, but because he stayed so long (6 months) he didn't alert when he returned because the alert had expired. What??? Anyway, Graham says he got a different story when the FBI briefed him, the misspelling story. So which, if either, is it? Just shown on Fox.

It worries me when FBI cannot get the facts straight. They either investigated and flagged him or they did not.
I wonder how intensive investigation took place?
I've know people/artists that have been investigated more thoroughly for being "eco-terrorists" because they made anti animal abuse statements not threats online.
They are in CYA mode or incompetent. That really frightens me.

I attribute the error to sloppy work ethic. Returning from Hawaii years ago, bags were going through x-ray and not one person was looking at the screen, they were talking amongst themselves. Scary!

Wow, that's crazy. I fly alot & haven't run into a situation like that at all. Most of the time, the lines are ridiculously long bc we have to go through full body scans & all of our luggage is inspected. Last month we flew to Florida & a piece of lint threw off my scan, so security had to pat me down & scan me with another wand. This was out of Philly. Then when we were coming back from Orlando Intl, it happened again in the same spot & I was wearing different clothes. So I called my doctor right away & had X-rays bc I was freaking out thinking maybe I swallowed metal or something. She found nothing at all. I called USAir & they said the only thing they could think of is that maybe my name was flagged bc of the scan coming out of Philly but its not their practice to flag names, but it was the only thing we could come up with for the same spot showing up on scan. As embarrassing as it was, I laughed it off bc I'd rather be protected with these extra precautionary measures rather than not have them at all. So its weird to me that you flew out of Hawaii & security were all turning their heads. That's something that should be turned in.

It was grand larceny, for lingerie. Lol.

Mother of Boston bombing suspects arrested last year for 'stealing $1,600 worth of clothes from Lord & Taylor'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...worth-clothes-Lord--Taylor.html#ixzz2RJ00qZrq

ETA: Ooh, look at the link within the dailymail:

http://natick.patch.com/articles/arrests-1-600-in-clothes-stolen

and, the one that states lingerie:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...other-Boston-bombers-lead-radicalization.html

My first thought when I saw this was that she ran overseas because she didn't want to face the shoplifting charge.

But thinking about it more, I have changed my mind.

IMO she knew she was going overseas. And those items would bring big money overseas. I don't think she cared that she got caught, she knew she wouldn't be here to face charges.

LOL Daddy says he is coming to the US. I wonder if Mommy is? LOL she could be arrested again.

Certainly shows where his mind was at the time, also shows he wasn't willing to spend a few pennies. Some of those prices are ridiculously minute, he could have purchased them rather than let the internet know he wanted them. Hmmm.....

Certainly shows where his mind was at the time, also shows he wasn't willing to spend a few pennies. Some of those prices are ridiculously minute, he could have purchased them rather than let the internet know he wanted them. Hmmm.....

Either they are the world's dumbest terrorists or...
I do not know what to make of this...how long has it been up there?

bbm

Just a minor thing: in the helicopter video it can be seen that the small ladder the owner had used had fallen and is lying on the ground. He didn't step on it on his way off the boat.

Yes, it's for real. I got it from one of the links in these threads somewhere. It was reported in msm otherwise I wouldn't have saved the bookmark. I also took screen caps in case its deleted from the www.

Tamerlan's Amazon wish list was started in 2006...January 1, 2006 to be exact. This was waaay befor Russia told the US about Tamerlan. So, the FBI found nothing? This wish list alone is cause for questioning - fake id, birth certs, etc. So maybe the FBI is downplaying sealed info. Idk, just guessing.

January 1, 2006, see above.

Personally I think they were conditioned to be this way & their conspiracy spewing family took to their defense before, during & after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member