Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, i am convinced he was given everything we know about his personality and behavior before the bombings. In no way does it excuse what he did but i think the idea of trying to turn him into the mastermind is ludicrous. He deserves all the punishment coming from him but if i were a juror i would vote lwop.

IMO whether he was the mastermind or not shouldn't have bearing on whether he gets the DP or not. He aggressively tried to hurt and kill people, multiple times. At the marathon, during the shootout (by trying to run over cops), when he was in the boat.

He stood there in that crowd and put that bag down, knowing that many people were going to get killed or hurt. If that's not DP eligible, I don't know what is.

Thanks for this! Is this the only weapon found on the boat? How did DT use this long, clumsy rifle on himself to shoot through his own mouth into the back of his neck? Is that maneuver possible?

I think the story about him supposedly shooting himself was false. His injuries probably came from shrapnel, not from him shooting himself.
Also the extent of his injuries appears to be greatly exaggerated. Despite claims that he might never be able to talk he is already talking.

He got out of the vehicle and walked towards LE who were shooting at him. Brother accidentally ran over him.

<modsnip>

You are correct he did got out of the car and walk towards LE but you neglected to mention that as he walked towards LE he was shooting at them and even threw a few homemade bombs at them. then he ran out of bombs and ammo and they tackled him and it was then that the brother drove over him and would have driven over a couple police officers too if they hadn't jumped out of the way

This is confirmed by LE AND a civilian eyewitness

What's with only telling part of the story? Seem like you're a big fan of #2

You are correct he did got out of the car and walk towards LE but you neglected to mention that as he walked towards LE he was shooting at them and even threw a few homemade bombs at them. then he ran out of bombs and ammo and they tackled him and it was then that the brother drove over him and would have driven over a couple police officers too if they hadn't jumped out of the way

This is confirmed by LE AND a civilian eyewitness

Yea, I think his first goal was to hit LE. Maybe he thought his brother was already dead. Maybe his brother told him he didn't want to be taken alive, hence walking to cops shooting.

FBI missed Tamerlan Tsarnaev&#8217;s Russia trip because of misspelling, Sen. Lindsey Graham says

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-russia-trip-because-misspelli/#ixzz2RIRI3MvE
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

This mistake genuinely angers me!! :furious:

There's no guarantee that discovering the misspelled name would have prevented these heinous crimes but with all the $$ that is spent to protect US citizens it appears none of it was spent to catch something so simple. (imo)

I just needed to say that in writing.

IMO, there is absolutely no way that these two self centered creeps got all the plans together in one week.

They had lots of weapons and ammo.

They had to have had practice runs to test the detonations. (So they would know where to stand to see the results of their evil handiwork without getting injured.)

They needed to learn how to make the bombs and buy the parts/and ingredients.

They made upwards to half a dozen pressure cooker bombs. (They used two 4/15/2013, threw one on Friday and a few more were found in the apartment.)

Then there were the pipe bombs and homemade grenades.

What about the circuit boards (not just the two used 4/15 but the others as well which were used and found during & after the shootout.) These circuit boards were said to have been elaborate.

They had to know how long the race would last and what were the optimum times
and locations to get the most exposure while doing the most damage.

They needed to learn how to pack those bombs in a way in which they wouldn't accidentally explode as they strolled their way through Boston.

Then their get away...was someone waiting to pick them up or did they park their car nearby, take the subway, what?

They needed to map out their path of destruction.

This definitely took much more than a week and much more time training to plan and implement this attack. Plus there is the suggestion that before they were found by LE they were planning their next stop - NYC.

This is one WS member who does not believe one thing this little terrorist has suggested.

I totally agree. I think DT is trying to say he didn't know about it til a week before and that TT had planned everything else. DT was just ok with going along with it at the last minute.
I don't believe that for a second either.
I think TT engaged in attacks in Chechnya and had experience with the planning and execution of this type of attack. A lot. enough to pull this off without being detected ahead of time. and DT surely knew that.

If he really wanted a suicide by cop then he would have walked toward them with his gun pointed at them and not firing at them and throwing IEDs. That was no suicide by cop.

That's what "suicide by cop" is. An all-out gun battle with the cops where both sides shoot to kill, and generally the "suicider by cop" then gets killed because he is outnumbered. Someone who contemplates suicide by cop hopes that when he is killed by cops, he is seen by others as a "matyr" for a cause.

This mistake genuinely angers me!! :furious:

There's no guarantee that discovering the misspelled name would have prevented these heinous crimes but with all the $$ that is spent to protect US citizens it appears none of it was spent to catch something so simple. (imo)

I just needed to say that in writing.

totally inadequate. how is that even possible? I mean, don't they hire smart, well trained people and don't they have good cross referencing software? I think this is a lame excuse for not taking TT seriously, just as Bush 2 didn't take the warnings of 9/11 seriously.

That's what "suicide by cop" is. An all-out gun battle with the cops where both sides shoot to kill, and generally the "suicider by cop" then gets killed because he is outnumbered. Someone who contemplates suicide by cop hopes that when he is killed by cops, he is seen by others as a "matyr" for a cause.

and he wants to take some of them with him. he doesn't just want to die, he wants to kill on his way out.

IMO whether he was the mastermind or not shouldn't have bearing on whether he gets the DP or not. He aggressively tried to hurt and kill people, multiple times. At the marathon, during the shootout (by trying to run over cops), when he was in the boat.

He stood there in that crowd and put that bag down, knowing that many people were going to get killed or hurt. If that's not DP eligible, I don't know what is.

why did he only get one count of WMD's? He should have gotten many more charges.

Bourne,

I have not seen any evidence yet of "DT or TT dropping their backpacks" although it is purported by authorities to exist. I have seen photographs that show that DT (and TT) each carried a backpack before the explosion and, after the explosion, DT was not carrying a backpack.

Here is a link to the photographic evidence that shows that DT (and TT) carried a backpack before the bomb explosion.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston/photos

Here is a link that shows that DT was not carrying a backpack after the bomb explosion.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro/Florida-runner-gets-photo-of-suspect-Dzhokhar-Tsarnaev-fleeing-blast/-/11971628/19820484/-/vjcmm7/-/index.html

Wasnt it Jeff the guy who lost both legs the one who told LE he saw DT place the bag down and " looked him straight into his eyes".

First thing he did when he become conscious in the hospital was ask for LE said he knew/saw the guy.

Also gave LE a description of suspect before we actually seen the grainy photo that FBI released.

Heard all this on news (CNN or Fox) not sure which one.

Agree, DT showed extreme, depraved indifference to human life and that should be sufficient to warrant the highest punishment for capital crimes, the death penalty. He callously, wantonly and in a cavalier manner lay a bomb down to kill and maim innocent civilians at an internationally acclaimed running event, and also shooting and murdering/injuring LE while attempting to elude capture.

Whether DT masterminded or helped devise the plan is secondary. His crimes and his depraved indifference to human life should already carry the maximum DP.

I know what suicide by cop is. Most people that I have encountered that want to die by police do not go out shooting with such a big arsenal of weapons.

Wasnt it Jeff the guy who lost both legs the one who told LE he saw DT place the bag down and " looked him straight into his eyes".

First thing he did when he become conscious in the hospital was ask for LE said he knew/saw the guy.

Also gave LE a description of suspect before we actually seen the grainy photo that FBI released.

Heard all this on news (CNN or Fox) not sure which one.

Jeff saw TT. DT was at the other bomb site. Presumably the FBI has a video showing TT laying backpack down next to the young boy who died.

"This is kind of the al Qaeda modus operandi now, not relying only on operatives, but trying to get people do it yourself radicalization to build their own bombs without coming to a training camp in Pakistan or Yemen or other locations," Jones said.

"They ad-libbed part of it and made some decisions on a few elements of the bomb making but what's different about this is they took a very simple recipe and then targeted the Boston Marathon," Jones said. "And why the marathon? Because it was there, essentially, and easy. Not long in the planning."

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/simpl...gn-authorities/story?id=19019428#.UXavcz6DfTo

Watching MSNBC this am and showed a pic of #2 walking behind persons at the marathon. This was a very very clear picture with sharp image of person/s he walked behind and they were face forward. I cannot imagine persons seeing themselves in these pics with the monster behind them!

ETA: misspelled "showed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member