Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsarnaev was working out in the gym from 8 to 10 p.m. on Tuesday, listening to music on his iPod, when he struck up a conversation with fellow sophomore Zach Bettencourt.

“It’s crazy this is happening now,” Bettencourt recalled Tsarnaev telling him when the bombings came up. “This (these bombings) is so easy to do. These tragedies happen all the time in Afghanistan and Iraq.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2..._visited_relatives_in_russia_slept_a_lot.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/16/random-acts-of-pizza-boston-reddit-marathon_n_3094151.html

Wanting to offer some comfort to those affected by the Boston Marathon tragedy, a California woman named Liz Kosearas took to Reddit on Monday afternoon to see what she could do to lend a hand.

"I just wanted to show some small support so I offered to buy pizza for people who were housing stranded runners," Kosearas, a 23-year-old IT administrator who lives in Huntington Beach, Calif., told The Huffington Post of her decision to post a message on the subreddit "Random Acts of Pizza."

But while Kosearas was expecting to get a few requests for food from people in the Boston area, she said she never could have anticipated the massive outpouring of support she got from the Reddit community, many of whom offered help of their own.

"It was amazing. Within 45 minutes, hundreds of people -- people from all across the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, Barbados -- had started commenting and offering to send pizza," she said. "It made sense to [expand the effort] so I decided to start coordinating delivery to shelters and hospitals, fire departments, police departments, anywhere people were grouping."

This CNN video shows a group of EMTs who refused to leave an injured girl behind when LE told them there was a suspicious package behind them. They said they would not leave her behind.
http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=siten...low-emts-risked-their-lives-to-save-lives.cnn

And this video talks also about acts of heroism - and mentions how the group of runners who had been held back and stopped before reaching the finished line turned and ran to the hospitals to give blood once learning of what happened:
http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=siten...-dnt-kaye-boston-marathon-acts-of-heroism.cnn

Hi all! I'm late to the discussion but not to the case - have been following it all week. How awful!! My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

Just wanted to post a few comments:

I'm not sure the injury happened while he was in the boat because CNN reported that they were able to see a blood trail. The house owner in whose yard the boat was also became suspicious when he saw blood on the tarp which was on the boat. So he must have been bleeding already before he climbed in there.

But possibly he was injured from the shootout on Thursday night and additionally tried to kill himself when he realized he was surrounded.

I agree. But do we know for sure that he stood and got out of the boat?

There are pictures of him standing up in the boat in the process of climbing out. They are on page 4 (I think) of this thread.

Does he have a guard at all times? He might try to kill himself there in the hospital. I hope his nurses and guards are Christians who speak up. It would either torture him or wake him up to what he's done. When he goes to lock up in solitary he will never hear any other way besides what's already engrained.

It was said on CNN in one of the interviews with a police or FBI person that he has two guards at his bedside at all times, and is handcuffed to the bed. There are also more guards outside his room. Eight in all, IIRC.

What I don't understand is this:

As we know on Thursday night they hijacked a car and driver. They drove to Watertown and were found by police and chased. They started throwing grenades and pipebombs and even a pressure cooker bomb at police. The older brother had a suicide vest on. Additionally they had guns. Police found more than 200 rounds on the scene of that shootout. And when the younger brother was found in the boat he started shooting at police, so he also had at least one weapon plus ammo with him.

So that's a lot of weapons and bombs and ammonition to carry around. How did they not cause any suspicion walking around with all of that before they hijacked the car?

Another thing I don't understand is why FBI released these particular pictures and videos on Thursday. A day later other pictures that were clearly from the same video surveillance (same clothes, hats etc) were released and they were far better, you could recognize them much more easily. So why did they at first release pictures and video on which is was much more difficult to recognize them?

I was wondering whether LA already knew who they are (especially given the fact that Tamerlan was at one point questioned in the past by FBI and they probably recognized him immediately on the surveillance videos) and the release of these pictures on Wednesday were not for the purpose of identifying them but for flushing them out - which they clearly accomplished (sadly with another innocent life lost though).

What are your thoughts?

His mother said that he was questioned upon arrival at New York’s airport.

“And he told me on the phone, ‘imagine, mama, they were asking me such interesting questions as if I were some strange and scary man: Where did you go? What did you do there?’” Zubeidat Tsarnaeva recalled her son telling her at the time.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2..._visited_relatives_in_russia_slept_a_lot.html

This mother keeps coming up with "more" information. Are these not common questions that may be asked upon return to the US?

ALSO, if suspect #2 tried to commit suicide while in the boat, shouldn't the gun/bullet also be in or around the boat?

Any information released now...will be on the "need to know"....evidence/information will be saved for the trial - JMO

I've been looking for something all day and can't find it. In one of the articles about the detainees in New Bedford, there was mention that the brothers occasionally mentioned another brother and that he drove a green Honda. We all know there was a subsequent BOLO on a green Honda that was subsequently lifted. I didn't pay much attention to the "other brother" comments at the time, thought it was just a screwup in reporting ... however ...

On J_tsar's twitter, on March 18, he tweeted "in my time, as an uncle of 4 now ...."

https://twitter.com/J_tsar

<modsnip>

I've been looking for something all day and can't find it. In one of the articles about the detainees in New Bedford, there was mention that the brothers occasionally mentioned another brother and that he drove a green Honda. We all know there was a subsequent BOLO on a green Honda that was subsequently lifted. I didn't pay much attention to the "other brother" comments at the time, thought it was just a screwup in reporting ... however ...

On J_tsar's twitter, on March 18, he tweeted "in my time, as an uncle of 4 now ...."

Do we know if his sister in NY has children, and if so, how many?

Not sure, but DT drove a green Honda Civic.

They must have been reading here, and gave him a pen! LOL

Yes-apparently he is using pen and paper to communicate. Not sure how far they have gotten yet, as I am sure they won't be saying much. I guess he's just in and out of consciousness right now.

I believe JT was driving the Civic and T the Mercedes. I'm pretty sure there are only 4 children, TT, the two sisters and JT. I haven't seen anything about the sisters' families except that they were in arranged marriages.

We know the young girl who used to get the mother to do facials at their home, ,said one of the daughters had a child, IIRC she said a nephew that J would watch while mom was doing the facials.

I have a question and for someone who has been watching this thing very closely, I can't believe I don't know this. How many cars were involved in the chase? Were they originally in their own car? Or did they ditch their own car at the 7-11? Was the entire chase with 2 of them in just the hijacked car?

Also, I am a bit confused on the whole situation at 7-11. Why did they stop? Literally just for snacks? Johar went inside and Tameran came in and said, let's get out of here, right? And then they hijacked the driver?

Any insight would be really helpful.

Thanks!

I believe JT was driving the Civic and T the Mercedes. I'm pretty sure there are only 4 children, TT, the two sisters and JT. I haven't seen anything about the sisters' families except that they were in arranged marriages.

Origianally they were in marriages arranged, I believe at least one of them divorced, which the mother didn't agree with, but justified it because of spousal abuse. The interview with the sister in NY (through the slit in the doorway), she was married, about 1.5 years. Her husband said they don't associate with the family b/c of religious differences. He had never even met the brothers.

I have a question and for someone who has been watching this thing very closely, I can't believe I don't know this. How many cars were involved in the chase? Were they originally in their own car? Or did they ditch their own car at the 7-11? Was the entire chase with 2 of them in just the hijacked car?

Also, I am a bit confused on the whole situation at 7-11. Why did they stop? Literally just for snacks? Johar went inside and Tameran came in and said, let's get out of here, right? And then they hijacked the driver?

Any insight would be really helpful.

Thanks!

I believe they were only in one car when confronted by police. I was in the basement with my ears on.
"The carjacking victim told police they drove to another car and transferred arms from it into his vehicle; by some reports the brothers were driving in two separate cars when police confronted them in Watertown."

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2013/04/21/give-thanks-for-dumb-terrorists/#ixzz2R9VFo2Ys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003