Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps a failed suicide mission thinking LE would fire at him or just wanting to get away. Brother was "collateral damage".

MOO

I've been wondering if DT was shot by his brother. JMO

So far, Sixty Minutes tonight has been very good. Has it already played in the East?

Four student buddies who said he (Dzhokhar) wasn't the slightest bit religious. He wouldn't join their Muslim something or rather group. Had no interest.

A young women who knew him in high school and really liked him.

A man in the Franklin Avenue neighborhood (the boat) who had hired him as a lifeguard about 3 years ago and can barely believe what happened. Said he was a great kid back then.
This is what I keep reading in articles where friends and family have spoken about the brothers.

Older brother: not pleasant, unfriendly, opinionated, full of himself, know it all, physically abusive to girlfriends, his wife and sister/s.
Younger brother: easy going, fun to be around, regular happy kid.

The vibe I get from interviews is that nobody is really surprised to hear that the older brother did this, but everyone is shocked that the younger brother was involved.

Just thought I'd share a story from my home. Boston is in our hearts...

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=22033388

Nearly 800 Baton Rouge runners honor Boston bombing victims

Nearly 800 runners from across Baton Rouge made their way downtown for a special race on Saturday. It was to show solidarity to their fellow runners in Boston---and their family and friends---impacted by this terror attacks.

One of the event's organizers, Brandon Williams, says the turnout of this impromptu race alone is a testament to the strength of this country and the tight-knit running community.

"We were attacked and the Boston Marathon did suffer, but we are going to come back. We are going to still run strong and the community's just going to keep growing," said Williams. "We're running with you. Boston strong!"

View attachment 32472

My home as well! So proud of our city!

Is anyone else wondering how TT managed to have a girlfriend (that was not arranged for him) when he only had one friend here and couldn't relate to or understand Americans?

All of this talk about Miranda rights has me wondering if higher ups do feel there is more to this and possible further threat. From what I have been reading, waiving the rights happens when there is imminent public threat. What do you guys think?

Is anyone else wondering how TT managed to have a girlfriend (that was not arranged for him) when he only had one friend here and couldn't relate to or understand Americans?

There is an article up now on the Daily Mail about his wife. I'm not sure what the policy is about linking to that story since her family requested privacy. All I can is that I'm stunned. His wife is very attractive. How he managed to land her is beyond me.

There is an article up now on the Daily Mail about his wife. I'm not sure what the policy is about linking to that story since her family requested privacy. All I can is that I'm stunned. His wife is very attractive. How he managed to land her is beyond me.

I remember I read somewhere that he married her because he got her pregnant no?

I remember I read somewhere that he married her because he got her pregnant no?

I don't know. The article in the Mail doesn't say. However, the story does confirm that the wife was the victim in the 2009 domestic violence arrest. There has been some confusion on that point.

Good night everyone...

Again, praying for the victims.

:praying:

I read this morning that a guy from Jax Beach, Florida had posted pics on facebook and his friend called him late at night and told him that his pics contained clearer pics and additional pics of the suspects that the friend had just seen on television. Jax Beach guy tried calling the FBI immediately and had to wait 40 minutes to get through. He eventually uploaded the pics and got a call back from the FBI within 5 minutes asking for the rest of his photos. The Jax Beach guy said that he'd taken at least 15- 20 pics a minute during an extended time period at the end of the race and he had to go through several time stamps to find the ones with the suspects. The Jax Beach guy stated that he subsequently saw his pic show up on the news at 2am. Apparently his camera is a very nice one with tons of pixels and the details were much clearer. The number on the white baseball cap, originally thought to be a number 7, was clearly a number 3 in his photos. I'll try to find the article and link.
I think you may be right.
I think we may be seeing more of this in future events.
I am not sure though, an enhanced image form the start,
when needing to ID as suspect, might resolve an issue quicker.
Then again do they want "Joe Public" taking the law into their own hands?
Tricky sticky situation.
I do know that the media did alter some of the pics from the scene.

Did The Daily News Touch Up A Boston Marathon Bombing Photo To Make It Less Gory? - not gonna link this, the phrase can be googled.

The pic already ran in a photo spread that was on the front page on April 16th.

No need to cross that line I agree.
Daily Mail gets a brownie point!

I don't know. The article in the Mail doesn't say. However, the story does confirm that the wife was the victim in the 2009 domestic violence arrest. There has been some confusion on that point.

I think it was the one a woman wrote about going their home for spas and stuff...

Wonderful news about Lingzi Lu's Masters. I hope it brings her parents a tiny bit of comfort at this time.

I hope that the best prosthetics are being made for the victims - these days prosthetics allow for nearly any type of physical activity. I'm sure they can make a special one for little Jane so that she can still be a dancer.

I would love to see, one day, Jeff Bauman do the Boston Marathon. Wouldn't that be great?!

I pray that will happen, but unfortunately I seriously doubt this will happen (high end prosthetics). Very sad, but those who lost limbs will probably have to file for bankruptcy before it is over with. The financial side of this horrible event trouble me very much. Been an RN for 26 years and some of what I have seen is very very sad.

Look at these people running in terror. But look deeper and see what the agent saw. This kid seems unconcerned. Turned out, he came with a backpack but he left without it, just like the older man who seemed to be with him

Then, gunmen hijacked a car which was spotted by a lone Watertown officer.

Ed Davis: The suspects began to log devices at the police. And the first one was a huge explosion. And then the follow-up explosions were smaller. But they were improvised hand grenades were being thrown at the officers.

The big explosion was a bomb like the ones at the marathon. Parts of it were embedded in the patrol cars. The grenades were packed with steel pellets just like the marathon bombs

Ed Davis: At that point the vehicle stopped. The two suspects alighted from the area of the vehicle and opened fire on the officer.

The Tsarnaev apartment was raided. They found bombs inside and wondered what plans the brothers had for those.

Ed Davis: He said he was dying for a cigarette, he had to go outside to have his cigarette. And he saw the blood on the boat. And so he peered in after climbing a ladder. And he told me that he saw a body in there with blood on it.

Ed Davis: A gunshot was heard and officers returned fire,

An FBI negotiator talked him out of the boat. He had been shot in the leg the night before.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57580627/60-minutes-the-boston-bombings/?pageNum=3

If officers say they heard a gunshot from the boat, could that have been suspect #2 trying to commit suicide?

I only copied lines from the interview that answered questions that have previously posted.

So far, Sixty Minutes tonight has been very good. Has it already played in the East?

Four student buddies who said he (Dzhokhar) wasn't the slightest bit religious. He wouldn't join their Muslim something or rather group. Had no interest.

A young women who knew him in high school and really liked him.

A man in the Franklin Avenue neighborhood (the boat) who had hired him as a lifeguard about 3 years ago and can barely believe what happened. Said he was a great kid back then.

BBM

so the suspects must be familiar with the Watertown area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13