Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #8 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Suspect 2 been charged with vehicular homicide? If he did indeed run over his brother, wouldn't the police have to charge him? If he hasn't been charged with that, do we read into it?
I am not a "truther" or a conspiracy theorist, I simply want to believe our authorities at every level and "reputable" news sources. Since the bombings occurred, I have chosen WS as my first and only stop. Ask my husband, he laughs about it. When the story broke, I immediately logged onto this site. And since then, I have only relied on what I read here. I turn to this website because I know that each of you want to filter out the nonsense as well. Unfortunately, the past week has made it difficult for any of us to do and I'm tempted to be an ostrich until the trial plays out.

I read today that COD has not yet been determined. So they don't know whether DT killed him by running him over or police killed him.

ETA: yes I remembered correctly:

"A medical examiner has yet to reveal the cause of death, however doctors did reveal that Tamerlan was shot, and suffered a bomb blast although the wounds caused by the tired of the SUV appear to be the most detrimental."

http://www.latintimes.com/articles/...bombings-suspects-killed-brother-ran-over.htm

Wasn't that from the guy who got hijacked.. and they thought maybe he misunderstood what they were saying due to speaking Russian or with an accent.

Yes you are right! I must have mixed something up. Thank you!

Wasn't that from the guy who got hijacked.. and they thought maybe he misunderstood what they were saying due to speaking Russian or with an accent.

Yes, the Chinese man who got carjacked by the two terrorist brothers said in his limited English, he heard the word "Manhattan". But remember the brothers are Russian and may have been speaking in Russian and not English either...IDK

Anyhow, from the carjacked man's understanding of the one word "Manhattan", LE then figured the brothers were headed to Manhattan. Initially after they questioned DT, they said DT said the brothers were driving down to NYC to "party". Today we hear that DT said they had terrorist intentions for NYC...

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I grew up in the age of newspapers. I can wait for LE to determine the truth and media then to report it. ;) There is nothing wrong with LE saying "that has not been determined at this time." I do agree with your point that we are a STAT society. But I disagree that that absolves LE from responsibility in reporting the barest of facts truthfully. IOW, I don't see them waiting a week to let the public know DT was unarmed as 'being overconfident.' I see it as neglecting an important point that must have been known to them immediately, so was obviously side-stepped, in order to...what? Make them seem more heroic? Not mar the glory-party? Any of those are stupid reasons. It would NOT have marred the victory...and they should trust the American public more than that instead of playing them.

Sorry, but I detest and loathe DECEIT. No matter who practices it. Not necessarily all the people who practice it (hey my own kids have used it), but always the practice OF it, towards me.

No disagreement here. I detest lies, deceit, fabrications, exaggerations, histrionics, illogic, murders, etc.

Oh, I believe they were going to NYC - I just think the reason he's being so verbal in admitting it is because he's proud of it, or because he feels like it makes their 'terror cell' seem powerful, legitimate, that sort of thing.

I hope he barfs up motivation in the MIT officer shooting, as long as he's talking. That is really a mystery.
It's already been reported by LE, they have video of the shooting, they ambushed him, shot him and tried to take his gun but could not unholster the weapon so they left. There was no other reason than to take his gun it appears

Yes, the Chinese man who got carjacked by the two terrorist brothers said in his limited English, he heard the word "Manhattan". But remember the brothers are Russian and may have been speaking in Russian and not English either...IDK

Anyhow, from the carjacked man's understanding of the one word "Manhattan", LE then figured the brothers were headed to Manhattan. Initially after they questioned DT, they said DT said the brothers were driving down to NYC to "party". Today we hear that DT said they had terrorist intentions for NYC...

Reports also were that the Chinese man told LE that the brothers were speaking in "a foreign language" at least part of the time. (Probably Russian.) I can dig through screenshots for the MSM if needed.

It's not that I haven't read a lot here, but can someone tell me who has definitely lied and about what.

All I see is a lot of confusion and not really being able to track down where that started. I can see thinking DT had a bullet wound but didn't. I can see thinking they had guns, but really only had one. I can't see reporting they had this exact gun, etc. and they didn't but it sounded like some of those things could have come from an LE briefing and second hand.

At any rate, can it be proven someone lied on purpose and who was it before we just start saying LE LIED?

Yes you are right! I must have mixed something up. Thank you!

It's a long way though from the FBI hearing 'chatter' about Manhattan. I think we should be careful about what we are spreading around on here.

It's not that I haven't read a lot here, but can someone tell me who has definitely lied and about what.

All I see is a lot of confusion and not really being able to track down where that started. I can see thinking DT had a bullet wound but didn't. I can see thinking they had guns, but really only had one. I can't see reporting they had this exact gun, etc. and they didn't but it sounded like some of those things could have come from an LE briefing and second hand.

At any rate, can it be proven someone lied on purpose and who was it before we just start saying LE LIED?
Exactly. Instead of jumping on the soapbox in haste, it would be more constructive to parse out the facts and the sources to draw a clear picture of the situation.

Exactly. Instead of jumping on the soapbox in haste, it would be more constructive to parse out the facts and the sources to draw a clear picture of the situation.

I agree and it's getting way too confusing, a big snowball of confusion, in fact, and way too generalized.

My brother, the marine, immediately assumed this man was military, or a veteran. He was IN the blast, clearly, unlike the two known bombers, and he books a$$ out of the bomb zone while his clothing is still being torn from him. No covering ears in shock and confusion. Quick reaction.

Thanks. That makes sense.

I can give you one! John King (INO, he's great), CNN, anchor got on air , hysterically reporting arrest has been made. The world media grabbed. About 45 min - a guess -policy makers were calling CCN like made telling them there have been no arrests.

A reporter, as seasoned as him, WOW!

I can give you one! John King (INO, he's great), CNN, anchor got on air , hysterically reporting arrest has been made. The world media grabbed. About 45 min - a guess -policy makers were calling CCN like made telling them there have been no arrests.

A reporter, as seasoned as him, WOW!

I have no idea what you are saying. Are you saying King lied or was given wrong information so someone else lied. Are you saying King shouldn't have been hysterical? And, are you saying policy makers were calling CNN like 'mad' for 45 minutes to say there had not been an arrest?

Some people need to slow down when they post and put a bit more effort into it.

I have no knowledge of what is shown on the video, but perhaps they bought 2-3 backpacks at the same time to transport the bombs? If so, likely they bought identical ones?

nevermind I think that is a guy from the bomb squad.
I removed pic.

Something just dawned on me...

The reports on the net & in the media that we here in the USA see could be very different compared to what others in the world see. I know in North Korea, only certain stations are available on television and Internet use is limited to certain sites. I saw this reported on CNN and couldn't believe it, so I went to my library to validate it. Its true. So now I'm wondering if it could be similar reporting in the area where the Tsarnaev family lives. If so, that would account for why this woman appears to be a crazy conspiracy theorist. Maybe the info related or available to her is limited and slanted...

I have thought it obvious they only have what the dagestan and russian govts want published in the media and that may in no way correspond to what the public here gets. Which is why i cut her some slack as i have no way of knowing what she is seeing and hearing while in grief and shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme